• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Night Train

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 22, 2015, 06:09:41 PM
Train! The Trainmeister! Trainalicous! Dude! Man I wish I was sticking around but I've got to finish this movie I'm watching.  It's part of the Jesse Stone series. Stone is on suspension from his job AND he just got a cell phone! Phreaky man!

Never heard of Jesse Stone.  But it sounds like it's right up your alley.  Have fun!

b_dubb

http://youtu.be/SaYUqXAmXRQ

Shit cloud ... shit storm ... same difference

Chronaut

I just got an email informing me that the Midnight in the Desert chat forum has undergone a complete overhaul in the last 6 days, and has been renamed and re-launched as ParaNormal forum, and it appears to have no association with Midnight in the Desert anymore.  All of the posts from its former incarnation are now relegated to the archive section:  http://paranormalforum.net/

Night Train

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 20, 2015, 04:49:12 AM
In the beginning, Art started this new venture with modest expectations. He expected it to be a fairly small deal but, as he said, he wanted to emphasise quality over everything else. Then his ego - and his hatred for Noory - got in the way and he wanted to search and destroy as much as simply putting out a good show. His motivations for returning to the airwaves were always mixed: a certain interest in the subject itself; an awareness that you are a long time retired; perhaps a feeling of isolation and a need to connect with his fans again; but also a need to rub Noory's face in it. I think this was probably the biggest factor in his return and it has led to a bit of the screw-loosening we have seen from him over the last few months.

He is an odd guy, but on his best days that worked for him. Now he has lost a step or two, defining traits like his paranoia and passive-aggression have begun to turn against him and he is starting to unravel. You must be remarkably obtuse to look at some of his behaviour recently and not come to the conclusion that he is having mental issues of one kind or another, and your idiotic boosting is not making you look particularly clever. Nobody in their right mind considers a group of anonymous people on a forum an extended circle of friends. You might get to know a few of them better over time, but they remain, for the most part, irrelevant. Art could simply ignore this because the accusations cannot be defended, so it is pointless to react to them.

Art has been, and always will be, a drama queen to end all drama queens. He can't make any sort of decision without calculating its effect on other people. Even before the show began he would come on here and make some hasty post that should have been kept to himself. People can say that he was just thinking out loud, but he is a grown man and ought to know the reaction he would get. You can guarantee that any of these outbursts are then checked over with glee later as he reads how he has stirred people up and got them going again, before claiming that we are all overreacting. Some people on here love to flounce off and make a big fuss over it. For god's sake, if you are going to leave, then just fuck off! No-one is going to miss you, but there are always a few people who love to make a big deal out of everything.

Art was a fine broadcaster at his best, but a very flawed man. I don't know what holes people are filling in their lives with this pitiful Belldolatry, but it's time to let it go.

+1

Quote from: Chronaut on December 22, 2015, 06:44:56 PM
I just got an email informing me that the Midnight in the Desert chat forum has undergone a complete overhaul in the last 6 days, and has been renamed and re-launched as ParaNormal forum, and it appears to have no association with Midnight in the Desert anymore.  All of the posts from its former incarnation are now relegated to the archive section:  http://paranormalforum.net/

They re-branded because they didn't want to show support for the new version of MITD, calling it a fake.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 22, 2015, 05:08:47 PM
I mean, I am pretty damn good and I think MV will back me up on this.

He is girthy, I'll confirm.

Chronaut

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on December 22, 2015, 06:57:08 PM
They re-branded because they didn't want to show support for the new version of MITD, calling it a fake.

Wow.  When they started rebuilding the site to give the finger to the show, Art was talking about coming back to host when the stalker issue was more or less resolved.  Man, is there any front that he didn't take heavy fire from after his hasty announcement?  Yikes.

Guess I'll delete my account over there.  The world needs another lame random paranormal chat forum like it needs more 13-year-olds with keyboards.

Night Train

Quote from: Philosopher on December 20, 2015, 11:54:36 AM
He asked FB to document his deactivation request, and not to report it.

+1

Chronaut

Quote from: MV on December 22, 2015, 07:04:50 PM
He is girthy, I'll confirm.

Whew.  Fortunately, that image is now scorched into my mind associated with Marco Rubio, and I was already convinced that he wears panties.

Night Train

Quote from: Bounder on December 20, 2015, 11:58:32 AM
What a shocking, catastrophic collapse.  Hero to zero.

Indeed.  One of the all-time greats of radio ending his career as a complete disgrace.

Very, very sad.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Chronaut on December 22, 2015, 07:09:31 PM
Whew.  Fortunately, that image is now scorched into my mind associated with Marco Rubio, and I was already convinced that he wears panties.

I always assumed Rubio wore Mormon underwear.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: MV on December 22, 2015, 07:10:48 PM

Come on, MV! You know their magical underwear gives them superpowers. Ooops! I may have said too much already. I really shouldn't drink  :P

NXOEED

So is Bella-Haven still a thing?

popple

Isn't that the forum that bans people before they even post if they find the same username registered at BellGab?

munbeam666

The new schedule for Saturdays on the 9-12 slot on DMDN lists 'TBA' ?

Night Train

Quote from: slippingaway on December 20, 2015, 07:59:14 PM
Great, see what a few assholes can do to spoil it? I'm fucking pissed off now more than ever. Never once will I blame Art.  He's put up with a lot of bullshit over the years, and at 70, I can't blame him for saying he's had enough.

ART: ROSWELLS FOR POSTING A BOUNTY.  HOPE YOU GET THIS NUT.  Hope you are strapped, so we can know that you are safe(r).

ALL THE HATERS: Fuck off and die already.  Spend a few minutes trolling your own "successes in life" so that you might just want to jump off a bridge.

TO THE STALKER: I'm convinced you are here, lurking and reading.  I hope you get exactly what's coming to you.  I hope karma bites you in the ass, without hesitation, this lifetime. I hope you try shooting up the wrong neighborhood and someone blows your fucking head off. Right now the most interesting thing that you could do with your life, is END IT.

::)

Dude actually believes there was a stalker...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: popple on December 22, 2015, 07:34:45 PM
Isn't that the forum that bans people before they even post if they find the same username registered at BellGab?

Last time I looked, it was just a bunch of old ladies telling one another hello and goodbye.

GravitySucks

Quote from: NXOEED on December 22, 2015, 07:32:39 PM

There is still a thread of peaceniks and huggers, but there hasn't been a show since summer. Nancy is tossing some ideas around her head. Not sure what the future holds.

albrecht

Quote from: MV on December 22, 2015, 07:10:48 PM
Apparently the guys has quite of mix of secret underwear, mackerel snapping, and no drinking. From what I can tell his story is that he was a Mormon as a youth and now is a Catholic; who also attends a Baptist mega-church. Maybe not as bizarre as the Obama "faith" experiences and mysterious upbringing but still troubling. Why can't we elect WASPS anymore? For this talk of "white privledge" where is in politics?

GravitySucks

Quote from: MV on December 22, 2015, 07:41:53 PM

Last time I looked, it was just a bunch of old ladies telling one another hello and goodbye.

You ain't gonna hit your revenue numbers if you keep dissing on the old ladies.

Just saying.

cosmic hobo

This also aptly describes the Bella Haven thread.

bateman

Quote from: cosmic hobo on December 22, 2015, 07:51:36 PM
This also aptly describes the Bella Haven thread.

AND they have coffee.

Barfly

Quote from: NXOEED on December 22, 2015, 07:32:39 PM
The podcast died a while ago, MV kept the thread alive , most people that post on it have imaginary friends that share meals.
Basically senile lonely people, its a MV community service.
He is a good guy.

Quote from: Barfly on December 22, 2015, 07:55:06 PM
The podcast died a while ago, MV kept the thread alive , most people that post on it have imaginary friends that share meals.
He is a good guy.

Internet 'meals on wheels'

ItsOver

Heh.  At least it gives the cats a break.

gabrielle

Quote from: Barfly on December 22, 2015, 07:55:06 PM
He is a good guy.

MV gets a tax deduction every time one of us posts.  Don't knock it. 

Catsmile

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 22, 2015, 07:18:18 PM
Come on, MV! You know their magical underwear gives them superpowers. Ooops! I may have said too much already. I really shouldn't drink  :P

A pink sock would seem to be the Kryptonite of magical underwear.

Lilith

Yeah, it's gotten kinda boring there lately, I have to admit. But the kindness is sincere!  I been trying to branch out.....be unafraid to express my real opinions...deal with some controversy in the REAL bellgab world.  So far, its been a LOT OF FUN  ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: brig on December 22, 2015, 10:03:24 PM
Yeah, it's gotten kinda boring there lately, I have to admit. But the kindness is sincere!  I been trying to branch out.....be unafraid to express my real opinions...deal with some controversy in the REAL bellgab world.  So far, its been a LOT OF FUN  ;D

I been noticing you getting a tad surly. 😎