• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Claudius

Quote from: Just Me on December 12, 2015, 10:29:18 PM
Funny thing how this is going down. First Art is spooked and right after coast comes online with conspiracydate .com

What are the odds of that
Maybe Art found a new and somehow younger wife on conspiracydate, so he needs to scare the current wife away.... Yeah that makes sense!.... Well the first part at least.

deadmeow

I am sure Art would prefer to be broadcasting, over reading troll comments in the forums.

Quote from: Claudius on December 12, 2015, 10:31:16 PM
Maybe Art found a new and somehow younger wife on conspiracydate, so he needs to scare the current wife away.... Yeah that makes sense!.... Well the first part at least.

WTH?   I can't even imagine what that would be like.  Some rabid, Alex Jones follower?   Godlike Productions groupies.......   Steve Quayle minions?   
Hookup with Edna Pringle? 

It boggles the mind.

Just Me

I have to say this about Arts exit strategy.

It appears he had some back end drama that triggered a psychotic break and to toot his egos horn he hit em right where it hurts the most. His announcing his bye bye from dark matter was a kick in the ass to the whole house a cards that Art built. What is it they say, never put all your marbles in one basket cause one day someones gonna lose them.

IcicleTrepan

so called fans so quick to turn on Art.

House to studio tunnel. Bam! Problem solved.

Claudius

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on December 12, 2015, 10:53:00 PM
I can understand their outrage though. How many times has he "retired" and then come back and then left again. Usually accompanied by an elaborate story. And if people call him out for it he becomes irate. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: Claudius on December 12, 2015, 10:55:22 PM
I can understand their outrage though.
Disappointment yes. Outrage no. It's a fucking radio show.

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on December 12, 2015, 10:53:00 PM

This seems tamer than last time.... or it's just simmering to get ramped up.

deadmeow

House to studio tunnel, haha, good idea.  Better idea, underground bunker.

Claudius

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 12, 2015, 10:57:14 PM
Disappointment yes. Outrage no. It's a fucking radio show.
Don't get me wrong I feel the same way, but I can see where they are coming from, especially those who have stuck with him for 20+ years only to be disappointed time and time again. Battered Listener Syndrome. 

Quote from: transistor under my pillow on December 12, 2015, 10:58:43 PM
This seems tamer than last time.... or it's just simmering to get ramped up.

Well no one got stiffed with satellite radio hardware this time around. 

Claudius

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 12, 2015, 11:02:39 PM
Just think if people had to pay 9.99 for a DM Radio app...  ::)

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 12, 2015, 10:36:02 PM
WTH?   I can't even imagine what that would be like.  Some rabid, Alex Jones follower?   Godlike Productions groupies.......   Steve Quayle minions?   
Hookup with Edna Pringle? 

It boggles the mind.
Truly want to know ??
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8294.msg445904.html#msg445904  ;)  ;D

Quote from: deadmeow on December 12, 2015, 10:58:54 PM

He could ask to move in with John B wells he says every shows he's from a secure bunker. Bam problem solved  ;D

CornyCrow

Quote from: Slartibartphast on December 12, 2015, 10:55:02 PM
House to studio tunnel. Bam! Problem solved.
Who ya' gonna call?

EL CHAPO!

CornyCrow

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 12, 2015, 11:02:39 PM
Yeah.  I got an internet radio, but there are other things to listen on it.  I never liked Sirius at all. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on December 12, 2015, 11:13:49 PM
Truly want to know ??
http://bellgab.com/index.php/topic,8294.msg445904.html#msg445904  ;)  ;D
Thanks.  This is good to know.  Dave is such a tool, what a shifty ploy.  I feel sorry for the people who signed up.  Maybe they could do a class action?

VtaGeezer

Quote from: nooryisawesome on December 12, 2015, 11:25:47 PM
He could ask to move in with John B wells he says every shows he's from a secure bunker. Bam problem solved  ;D
I thought John B said "secure bunk"; at Mom's until he finds a paying gig.

flimflam384

I keep coming back to Bellgab hoping it was all a bad dream. :(

I'm not mad at all.  I kind of even expected it would happen soon if there wasn't an arrest on the individual(s) terrorizing Art on his property.  The safety of his family is his biggest priority.  Nothing wrong with that.  I'm really going to miss the hell out of this show (again) for a while.

slippingaway

Quote from: deadmeow on December 12, 2015, 10:58:54 PM
Back-hoe, couple of shipping containers, some culvert, a sump pump, some buried cables to his solar, and a stockpile of Hormel Chili, and we are could get Art back in business.  Anyone want to pass the hat around?

Faustina

Quote from: ge30542 on December 12, 2015, 08:09:16 PM
I'm confused, as Keith sends emails instructing us on how to cancel our subscriptions, and offering refunds, Art asks that we support Heather, stating he may show up once in awhile.
Are Keith and Art on the same page?

Me, too:  confused over this.

K_Dubb

Art, on his stomach in the gravel for twenty minutes after something that may have been a firecracker.  Not only deciding to quit but, in the space of a few hours, nearly bringing down Keith's entire hard-won edifice with his flailing.  Thrusting his untested, inexperienced producer into the limelight in a desperate, last-ditch attempt at salvage.  Clumsily citing his wife as the reason, blissfully unaware of the blame to which he's exposing her.

If nothing else, this should show everybody he's a man without guile, incapable of constructing some kind of elaborate exit for dramatic value.  Just try to find any semblance of a strategy in it:  this is not Art Bell, Inc., this is just a guy in a lonely room in a guest house in Pahrump.  I have no doubt he's giving us the facts as he sees them, red meat for the cynics among us, feeding our own misery.

Art is a naïf, a great, overgrown boy, too transparent, too dramatic, too emotional, too reactionary for his own good.  In a world of corporate doubletalk, professionally mismanaged transitions and carefully wordsmithed statements he's an open window in a blizzard.  I'm half his age and he makes me feel old and tired.  I'll miss him horribly.

Claudius

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 13, 2015, 12:05:57 AM
Art, on his stomach in the gravel for twenty minutes after something that may have been a firecracker.  Not only deciding to quit but, in the space of a few hours, nearly bringing down Keith's entire hard-won edifice with his flailing.  Thrusting his untested, inexperienced producer into the limelight in a desperate, last-ditch attempt at salvage.  Clumsily citing his wife as the reason, blissfully unaware of the blame to which he's exposing her.

If nothing else, this should show everybody he's a man without guile, incapable of constructing some kind of elaborate exit for dramatic value.  Just try to find any semblance of a strategy in it:  this is not Art Bell, Inc., this is just a guy in a lonely room in a guest house in Pahrump.  I have no doubt he's giving us the facts as he sees them, red meat for the cynics among us, feeding our own misery.

Art is a naïf, a great, overgrown boy, too transparent, too dramatic, too emotional, too reactionary for his own good.  In a world of corporate doubletalk, professionally mismanaged transitions and carefully wordsmithed statements he's an open window in a blizzard.  I'm half his age and he makes me feel old and tired.  I'll miss him horribly.

I couldn't agree more. People tend to think Art is really important, or that he is a "major player" out there, but in reality he's not.

ledzep69r

It is pretty amazing what may have been a kid with a firecracker has brought down the Bell Empire. Truly gives new meaning to A Sound Of Thunder.

Coz

Quote from: slippingaway on December 12, 2015, 11:53:26 PM
Back-hoe, couple of shipping containers, some culvert, a sump pump, some buried cables to his solar, and a stockpile of Hormel Chili, and we are could get Art back in business.  Anyone want to pass the hat around?

No sump- he's in the high desert. The water table is dropping out there 1-3 feet a year.

All we'd need is a deck of cards.

DanTSX

Quote from: K_Dubb on December 13, 2015, 12:05:57 AM

Dramatic indeed..... :/

Cmon guys.  Back in the summer you were all lining up to have a big giant blow bang over how visionary he was, and a true national treasure.

DanTSX

Quote from: ledzep69r on December 13, 2015, 12:27:12 AM
It is pretty amazing what may have been a kid with a firecracker has brought down the Bell Empire. Truly gives new meaning to A Sound Of Thunder.

Or he is withholding facts that we don't need to know......