• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: BellBoy on September 19, 2015, 06:16:48 PM

Oh God BellBoy, I laughed so had I had to go change my underwear!  ;D ;D ;D

anunnaki

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 19, 2015, 02:50:10 PM
I don't see Art changing the time <much>. He could have started his show off at any time of the day or night.  I think he picked the current timeslot specifically because he does not like what c2c has become... IMHO

Philippine broadcasting would maintain the same competitive time against C2C !

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 04:05:54 PM

Like I said, the only factor in how long I can do this is not critical comments, but how it effects my ability to spend time with my family. It is really upside down, I am usually up till at least 3AM and Asia gets up at 6AM for school, As a rule I sleep till Noon, so there is not much time left for what really counts.

Art

Philippine hours would be daytime for Art !

Quote from: Art Bell

Well here is the deal, even a younger person must adjust your day to do a show that is 9PM-12AM, meaning you can not make it the end of your day but more like the middle of your day. Plus I drink Coffee to be as alert as I must be. I am not complaining but just explaining.

Philippine time would correct this !

Re: Art Bell
« Reply #57673 on: Today at 06:32:15 PM »
Relax, I am not going to Retire. But it is a big move we are making to take the show to a new level.

Art

Nevada house is at Ground Level, Philippine Condo is in a High Rise, many floors up, re: “A new Level”, and require "A BIG MOVE" ::)

Ms. C

Quote from: kennedymaure on September 19, 2015, 05:44:19 PM
I would be so happy if he would start that show at 9:00 PM EST I would jump off my back porch into a snow drift.
Oh YES!  I would also jump with you.

chefist

And balance was restored to the universe!  8)

whoozit

I hear The Smiths fading in the distance.  I'm sure they'll be back soon. And I will want to listen.

I'm really not sure what Art could change, isn't every element of everything he's doing now a non-negotiable deal-breaker?

anunnaki

Perhaps as they fly to the Condo in the Philippines, as excited as all this teasing of us has made him, he will join the ranks of The Mile High Club at this very moment !

AppealPlay

Quote from: kennedymaure on September 19, 2015, 06:21:20 PM
You say this as if you know something bad is going to happen?

What if MV is really just in Germany waiting for Octoberfest? What if the price of oil was 9.00 a barrel? What if all the cat video's are just to desensitize us so we don't freak out when all the aliens look like cats?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: whoozit on September 19, 2015, 07:16:11 PM
I hear The Smiths fading in the distance.

Best place for them.

I don't see that bringing the start time forward three hours solves much for Art, as great as it would be for us on the east coast (and horrible for Shredni and the other Brits). 6p PT would eat into his evening with Asia as much (or more) as his entirely laudable efforts to make sure he's up to see her off to school. If Asia is the issue, might it not be logical to assume he would move his show to Friday, Saturday and (maybe) Sunday, freeing his time to be with his daughter during the week? And hand off the week nights to someone else?

But there I go, second-guessing, which I said I wouldn't do.

TigerLily

Quote from: kennedymaure on September 19, 2015, 06:21:20 PM
You say this as if you know something bad is going to happen?

What if MV is really just in Germany waiting for Octoberfest? What if the price of oil was 9.00 a barrel? What if all the cat video's are just to desensitize us so we don't freak out when all the aliens look like cats?

TigerLily

Quote from: whoozit on September 19, 2015, 07:16:11 PM
I hear The Smiths fading in the distance.  I'm sure they'll be back soon. And I will want to listen.
Considering everyone's combination of dread and anticipation maybe the Panic has turned into wondering How Soon is Now

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on September 19, 2015, 07:13:40 PM
And balance was restored to the universe!  8)
Until the next cryptic message.

anunnaki

Art and the "Mile High Club", - giving new meaning to "The Bell Curve"   ;) ::) :P :o

anunnaki

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on September 19, 2015, 07:34:55 PM
Best place for them.

I don't see that bringing the start time forward three hours solves much for Art, as great as it would be for us on the east coast (and horrible for Shredni and the other Brits). 6p PT would eat into his evening with Asia as much (or more) as his entirely laudable efforts to make sure he's up to see her off to school. If Asia is the issue, might it not be logical to assume he would move his show to Friday, Saturday and (maybe) Sunday, freeing his time to be with his daughter during the week? And hand off the week nights to someone else?

But there I go, second-guessing, which I said I wouldn't do.

BUT..... Philippines is 12 hrs later than US Eastern, so when the show starts at midnight USA Eastern, it is Noon in the Philippines, Asia is in school, three hrs later when the show ends at 3AM USA Eastern, it is 3PM Philippine time and Asia comes home from school. The Bell's now have their late afternoon and evening together, and Art doesn't have to start work until noon the next day He still has time to see her off to school in the morning.
[/b]

NoMoreNoory

Good point on timing, Anu. How does this take the show to 'the next level' as Art states? This is just steady as she goes, isn't it?

Just make the fucking announcement, Art or Redacted or Rossy or someone else who knows. What's to gain from leaving this hanging in the air for another 48 hours?

boxman

Why are people so upset?? Since the very start when he started teasing this big announcement he has acted like whatever is coming is something positive, but yet people fear that it will be him announcing retirement or something else negative.

Just stop worrying and wait until moday :P

anunnaki

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on September 19, 2015, 09:23:21 PM
Good point on timing, Anu. How does this take the show to 'the next level' as Art states? This is just steady as she goes, isn't it?

Just make the fucking announcement, Art or Redacted or Rossy or someone else who knows. What's to gain from leaving this hanging in the air for another 48 hours?

The next level is a cryptic phrase - The studio in Pahrump is at "Ground Level"(Previously posted), while the studio in the Condo in the Philippines is several stories up at a higher level. Most times when people use the term "the next level", they are meaning an increase of sorts ie: Intensity, Height, career promotion

Darkdowndeep

Terrestrial radio would be awesome

TigerLily

Quote from: b_dubb on September 19, 2015, 09:24:51 PM

http://youtu.be/qdpFpfIBkXc
;D loved the clip, b dubbanous. Same people who made Napoleon Dynamite...awesome!

phrodo

Quote from: anunnaki on September 19, 2015, 09:50:05 PM
The next level is a cryptic phrase - The studio in Pahrump is at "Ground Level"(Previously posted), while the studio in the Condo in the Philippines is several stories up at a higher level. Most times when people use the term "the next level", they are meaning an increase of sorts ie: Intensity, Height, career promotion

Holy over-dissection Batman!  :o

zeebo

Quote from: boxman on September 19, 2015, 09:29:21 PM
...Just stop worrying and wait until moday :P

But this is not our way.

b_dubb

Quote from: zeebo on September 20, 2015, 12:37:33 AM
But this is not our way.
Indeed. The way of bellgab is the way of butthurt.

Quote from: boxman on September 19, 2015, 09:29:21 PM
Why are people so upset?? Since the very start when he started teasing this big announcement he has acted like whatever is coming is something positive, but yet people fear that it will be him announcing retirement or something else negative...

Experience?

jazmunda

Y'all should probably like Art's Public Page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell51

Even Art likes it. :P

Morgus

Quote from: jazmunda on September 20, 2015, 02:49:26 AM
Y'all should probably like Art's Public Page: https://www.facebook.com/ArtBell51

Even Art likes it. :P

I saw that too just now - very funny!  ;D

WOTR

Quote from: b_dubb on September 20, 2015, 12:56:22 AM
Indeed. The way of bellgab is the way of butthurt.
What the hell?  Do you know how offensive I find that phrase?!?  How dare you use it and cause me butthurt!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on September 19, 2015, 07:34:55 PM
Best place for them.

I don't see that bringing the start time forward three hours solves much for Art, as great as it would be for us on the east coast (and horrible for Shredni and the other Brits).

Sredni (please get my name right; I promised my mother  ;)) and the other Brits find it too late as it is. I only ever listen on the archives so I couldn't care less what time it goes out. Although I can't help wondering what sort of feel a show in a different time slot might have. I don't think those shows from the Philippines ever sounded that good, but maybe that had more to do with the fact that he was bored with the whole gig by then anyway, than the fact that he was broadcasting during the day.