• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Scully

Footnote to Eddie Coyle:

I'd give a pretty penny to know how I recognized your avatar as Dylan Thomas.  I'll never know. But I did.

Please put me on your list of people who sometimes get your meanings.  8)

CornyCrow

Quote from: bateman on August 31, 2015, 05:03:59 PM
Curb Your Enthusiasm was hysterical. And It's Always Sunny has its moments too.

Yep. I enjoyed 'Curb Y E' as well.  My favorite was "Yes, Minister" or "Yes Prime Minister" I think. 

CornyCrow

Quote from: PaulAtreides on August 31, 2015, 07:41:52 PM
Because tormenting old fucks is a rite of passage.
You should see my collection of balls.  I'm going to have a ball garage sale before I move.

ItsOver

Quote from: CornyCrow on August 31, 2015, 08:37:49 PM
You should see my collection of balls.  I'm going to have a ball garage sale before I move.
Ha, yes!  Basketballs, tennis balls, golf balls... they're all mysteriously abandoned in my yard, too.  They're then interred in my garage with no claimants.

If David Paulides ever wants to write "Missing Balls 411," he should check our garages.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on August 31, 2015, 07:42:59 PM
Jack Horkheimer? Via Frank's Box?
I used to enjoy Jack Horkheimer's 5 minute spots every week.  Sad that's he's not with us any longer.

sydtron

No show Thread for tonight?????

AppealPlay

Quote from: sydtron on August 31, 2015, 09:57:48 PM
No show Thread for tonight?????

Sometimes people run late.  I'm sure there will be a live thread. :D

starrmtn001

That's what I'm wondering.

Queen

If you use tune in app. At the top it shows how many are in the chat room and/or listening? Not sure what that number is for. But when art came on it was under 100k. Its over 200k now. Thats a great thing if that means how many are listening. I was just curious if anyone knows if daves numbers are droping finally.

BattyBrooke

The ArtBell subreddit has a post saying MITD will no longer air at all on Fridays. Is this true?

jazmunda

Quote from: BattyBrooke on August 31, 2015, 11:30:01 PM
The ArtBell subreddit has a post saying MITD will no longer air at all on Fridays. Is this true?

If true I don't think it had been mentioned by Art or his camp.

Scully

Does anyone know where tonight's live chat room is?  Did I miss something?  ???

Scully

Thanks, Jaz.  I came back to say it is finally showing up for me.  Maybe I just didn't refresh the whole site. Hasn't ever happened before.  :o

BellBoy

Quote from: Skunk Ape on August 31, 2015, 02:24:37 PM
Ever see it without the laugh track?
Cringe inducing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

I have never watched this show before... That is possibly the worst 2 minutes of "comedy" I've ever witnessed. Weak, weak, weak! There are only two, really big, reasons that I can think of as to why someone would inflict this drivel upon them selves: Kaley Cuoco.

Scully

Quote from: BattyBrooke on August 31, 2015, 11:30:01 PM

Anyone know anything about this?

zeebo

Kinda surprised by some of the anti-BBT vibes.  It's a lighthearted show, with pretty clever writing imho.  It may not be sophisticated or edgy, but the basic premise, of misfit scientists trying to understand society/relationships from a logical/scientific point of view is pretty funny. 

Plus they had a scene about Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.  Where else are you gonna find that on tv? 

Quote from: Skunk Ape on August 31, 2015, 02:24:37 PM
Ever see it without the laugh track?
Cringe inducing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKS3MGriZcs

You mean a video clip of seemingly random (but carefully chosen) dialogue, taken from the middle of a show, presented without context, isn't immediately funny?  Even for people who don't watch the show and don't know the characters?

Couldn't we do that with any TV show?

AppealPlay

I don't think Art has said anything about dropping Friday shows.  Maybe someone just saw there was no show listed for Friday and assumed it meant there was no show?  If so, that's a mistake because it's always been that way on his website because Art traditionally does open lines on Friday.

BellBoy

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 01, 2015, 01:22:06 AM
I don't think Art has said anything about dropping Friday shows.  Maybe someone just saw there was no show listed for Friday and assumed it meant there was no show?  If so, that's a mistake because it's always been that way on his website because Art traditionally does open lines on Friday.

Wait! Somebody said something... on reddit?? Everybody PANIC!

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 01, 2015, 01:22:06 AM

They could have also read the "best of live" on DMRDN. On the networks page MITD is still listed at its regular time all week including Friday. I think someone just posted some erroneous information.

MNITD is still listed for friday night, so no need to panic.

zeebo

Quote from: nooryisawesome on September 01, 2015, 01:53:07 AM
...MNITD is still listed for friday night, so no need to panic.

Maybe I'll still panic for a little while, just to be on the safe side.

jazmunda

Tonight's guest: Patrick Burns

QuoteParanormal investigator Patrick Burns is best known for his starring role on TruTV’s (formerly CourtTV’s) Haunting Evidence. For three seasons, Burns was able to apply his vast knowledge of electronics and computer systems toward the goal of documenting paranormal activity. Most recently, he has been seen as a recurring guest judge on Zak Bagans’ Paranormal Challenge on the Travel Channel.

Burns is one of the most respected and in-demand paranormal researchers today; conducting investigations, lecturing on many topics, and headlining on college campuses from coast to coast.

His numerous technical skills include a mastery of advanced audio filtering techniques for enhancing faint EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomena) recordings.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 01, 2015, 01:10:53 AM
You mean a video clip of seemingly random (but carefully chosen) dialogue, taken from the middle of a show, presented without context, isn't immediately funny?  Even for people who don't watch the show and don't know the characters?

Couldn't we do that with any TV show?

Any show with a laugh track maybe...

I know the characters and I still find the clip to be funnier than the show. I wanted to like it when I first heard about it, and watched the first two seasons online. Just pretty easy to grow tired of it.

Many sitcoms abuse the laugh track as just the signal to tell the viewers "That was a joke, you should laugh here."

I understand that as far as TV viewers go, I'm in the minority. Big Bang is the biggest thing on TV.

Some things don't need a laugh track:

BattyBrooke

Quote from: BellBoy on September 01, 2015, 01:24:02 AM
Wait! Somebody said something... on reddit?? Everybody PANIC!

It was a light question, no panic. Boy.

BellBoy

Quote from: BattyBrooke on September 01, 2015, 09:25:49 AM
It was a light question, no panic. Boy.

It was a light(hearted) response, no worries.  Boy-O-Boy.

phrodo

Quote from: zeebo on September 01, 2015, 01:05:49 AM
Kinda surprised by some of the anti-BBT vibes.  It's a lighthearted show, with pretty clever writing imho.  It may not be sophisticated or edgy, but the basic premise, of misfit scientists trying to understand society/relationships from a logical/scientific point of view is pretty funny. 

Plus they had a scene about Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.  Where else are you gonna find that on tv?

I find that odd too. I love the show and usually have several good laughs per show. I like the characters and the nerdy humor. And laugh tracks have been used for decades on TV sitcoms. Seems to me that the anti-laugh track faction are few ... but pretentiously vocal. It would be awesome if Art could get a cameo appearance on the show.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: BellBoy on September 01, 2015, 09:35:09 AM
It was a light(hearted) response, no worries.  Boy-O-Boy.

Ah, I see. Don't mind me. I'm in my feelings this morning.

KMKMKM

Looking forward to tonights show  8)  Love when Art covers ghostly topics.