• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

gnooryblows

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 13, 2015, 04:37:23 PM

Yeah, except for the one that was created two years ago. You know, the way to get people to use Reddit for Art's AMA is not to insult them right out of the gate. But thanks for the heads up.

what do you mean? i sent really nice and polite messages to anyone who asked a question.

anyway, i just deleted it. i dunno how it caused to much confusion. its a shame because it was just double-promotion for arts AMA. but if a bunch of non-reddit-users are going to be confused about how to use reddit and then blame me......i dunno what to say, i was using the website 100% in the proper fashion. i dont know why i should care anyway, ive got better shit to do.

phrodo

Quote from: bateman on July 13, 2015, 04:39:18 PM
Is there a link to the AMA yet, or does it not go up until 6:30?

From what I understand it will be up about 6PM EDT tomorrow - TUESDAY the 14th.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 04:31:30 PM
You mean to tell me that because I didn't know what the hell was a funyun and then Chefist explained how to make them in a 3D printer.....because of that....Art is making money????

God is laughing at me...I can just feel it.

Apparently the universe really wants you to try a bag of Funyons for some reason.

Morgus

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 04:29:51 PM
and if you hate art bell, you downvote him into oblivion.
uh-oh, if Noory learns about this that sounds like a task he will devote all his staff to?  :o

Heather Wade

Saucy, just wanted to thank you for setting this up and helping Art with it.  Hope it helps to spread the word.

bateman

Quote from: phrodo on July 13, 2015, 04:45:13 PM

Thanks. Great idea with the Reddit, Rossy.

RoseGirl

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 13, 2015, 04:48:09 PM
Apparently the universe really wants you to try a bag of Funyons for some reason.

Actually...I am beginning to think the universe wants me to be so poor that I can't afford a bag of Funyons.

Such a loser.

chefist

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 03:41:54 PM
We are, of course, in the process of weaponizing the funyuns.
I have the recipe for HomeMade Funyuns! I'll post on "Cooking with Chefist"

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on July 13, 2015, 04:05:28 PM
Tommy's on the phone to Frito-Lay looking to nail down Cheetos.

he he...he bought stock years ago before his usage increased! he's independently wealthy now...

chefist

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 04:24:34 PM
Wait, wait, wait....am I hearing this right? Our discussion in Bella-Haven scored Art a Funyun contract?

Is THAT the big news?
My idea! I get the finder's fee! LOL

PChirp

Quote from: chefist on July 13, 2015, 05:07:08 PM

HOT DAMN!   ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 04:44:22 PM
i dunno how it caused to much confusion.

Well, two points:

#1) If your name is something challenging like "gnooryblows" it is going to make your discussion partner hyper-aware from the very beginning, which then makes what would be minor conflicts blossom into full-blown hostility.

#2) ENGLISH, MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT??

starrmtn001

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 04:53:31 PM
Actually...I am beginning to think the universe wants me to be so poor that I can't afford a bag of Funyons.

Such a loser.
Nah, you're not a loser.  Actually, you'll be poor just long enough to get insight and inspiration for your next venture as an author (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it). ;)

Ms. C

Quote from: brig on July 13, 2015, 03:37:55 PM
Indeed!!!! There's an old saying "Keep it simple stupid"   I know I'm old and somewhat stupid, so from what I have read about reddit so far here at bellgab, I feel like staying as far away from the place as I can lol's.  I looked at the home page nbirnes posted, and didn't see a single topic I wanted to click on to be honest anyway  :o
I may be old, hopefully not stupid, but I need a bit of simplicity with this reddit stuff.  Do I need to register to upvote and support this effort?  Are there some clear instructions on how to register?  I thought I was computer savvy; but all this new stuff weekly. ... Quite overwhelming.

Queen

Get a group of people together and there u have drama lol. No wonder the GIS stay at 5 lol.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Ms. C on July 13, 2015, 05:18:26 PM
I may be old, hopefully not stupid, but I need a bit of simplicity with this reddit stuff.  Do I need to register to upvote and support this effort?  Are there some clear instructions on how to register?  I thought I was computer savvy; but all this new stuff weekly. ... Quite overwhelming.
I just joined today so I could Up Arrow Art (his words not mine).  I'll only go to Art Bell related stuff, and only through a link posted by a trusted Gabbler (i,e, SaucyRossy, Chefist, etc.).  I won't be perusing the Reddit wilderness by myself.  I'll hire a guide lol.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: phrodo on July 13, 2015, 04:45:13 PM

This.

PLEASE REFER TO THIS POST FOR ALL REDDIT INFO

1. The AMA will be posted at 6pm EDT, TUESDAY, JULY 14th.

2. Art will begin answering questions on that post at 6:30pm EDT.

3. If you've used reddit before and would like to help with the event tomorrow please PM Chefist for details.

4. If you've never used reddit before, Plesse feel free to ask for help and Chefist will assign some one to help you.

5. To promote the AMA please tweet, Facebook, out the time, date, and location and note that the link to the event will be posted at 6pm EDT.

6. If you have any more questions please PM me or Chefist.

7. Have fun!

RoseGirl

Quote from: starrmtn001 on July 13, 2015, 05:17:43 PM
Nah, you're not a loser.  Actually, you'll be poor just long enough to get insight and inspiration for your next venture as an author (that's my story and I'm stickin' to it). ;)

awww...thanks starrmtn.

*psychic hug*

nbirnes

Quote from: Ms. C on July 13, 2015, 05:18:26 PM

I'll add this link, which I think is one of the reasons Reddit is so enchanting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/mildlyinteresting/

All the links on this page are the things that make you go "huh ... " . They are the sorts of things that friends and family would point out, the things that make being alive and observant so special.

The Reddit Enhancement Suite allows you to look at any thread as an endless list and you can enlarge the photo right there on the page without any effort. If you want more info, open the "Comments" link in a new window and read as much as you need when you get some time.

The comments themselves can be upvoted, which is how the best info rises to the top of any thread.

Until it blows up from its own success, Reddit is a must-learn part of the game today. They do sort of hate the Jews there, but I pretend it won't always be that way. Maybe "hate" is too strong a word ... but not if you are Jewish or know someone who is.

starrmtn001

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 05:26:09 PM
awww...thanks starrmtn.

*psychic hug*

Psychic hugs back . . . Endora. ;) ;D

onan

Such a loser.
I would be proud to send you a bag of Funyons.

Lilith

Quote from: chefist on July 13, 2015, 05:07:08 PM

What FUN (yuns) !!!!  Looking Forward to it Chefist  ;D

starrmtn001

Quote from: nbirnes on July 13, 2015, 05:26:30 PM
Reddit is a must-learn part of the game today. They do sort of hate the Jews there, but I pretend it won't always be that way. Maybe "hate" is too strong a word ... but not if you are Jewish or know someone who is.
I detest antisemitism. >:(

Zenman

Quote from: chefist on July 13, 2015, 02:36:29 PM
Hi Zen! We are adding questions for Art's AMA over at the "Blitz" thread! Also, Chine got her Paranormal Funyun rendering Tweeted by Funyuns Corporate! LOL

Lol, sounds like I'm missing all the fun. I'll be back later this eve and try to catch up as fast as I can. Keep up the good work!
Hail the Funyun Goddess!

chefist

Such a loser.
Rose...refer to my recipe...you can make them for pennies on the dollar!

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 13, 2015, 05:25:34 PM

This.

PLEASE REFER TO THIS POST FOR ALL REDDIT INFO

1. The AMA will be posted at 6pm EDT, TUESDAY, JULY 14th.

2. Art will begin answering questions on that post at 6:30pm EDT.

3. If you've used reddit before and would like to help with the event tomorrow please PM Chefist for details.

4. If you've never used reddit before, Plesse feel free to ask for help and Chefist will assign some one to help you.

5. To promote the AMA please tweet, Facebook, out the time, date, and location and note that the link to the event will be posted at 6pm EDT.

6. If you have any more questions please PM me or Chefist.

7. Have fun!

At everyone's service!

Freyja

Quote from: RoseGirl on July 13, 2015, 03:33:53 PM
Is there BIG NEWS yet? Did I miss the big news???

damn funyuns

Hey BellGabbers :wave: ...long time lurker and my first post.

Not sure if THIS is the big news, however it's pretty big..huge market and first Canadian affiliate!!!!

Canada: Toronto, ONT â€" CFRB 1010 AM
http://artbell.com/radio-stations/

Art/Keith had posted this a few weeks ago and then it disappeared. Art actually was really excited about this station when it was first mentioned and now it looks like perhaps they have now confirmed??

I have been watching regularly since I live in this market.

If this is not the great news....it still is great news.

Congrats Art & Keith for getting millions of "tasty Canadians"!!  :)

onan

Quote from: Freyja on July 13, 2015, 05:35:48 PM

Hey BellGabbers :wave: ...long time lurker and my first post.

Not sure if THIS is the big news, however it's pretty big..huge market and first Canadian affiliate!!!!

Canada: Toronto, ONT â€" CFRB 1010 AM
http://artbell.com/radio-stations/

Art/Keith had posted this a few weeks ago and then it disappeared. Art actually was really excited about this station when it was first mentioned and now it looks like perhaps the have confirmed??

I have been watching regularly since I live in this market.

If this is not the great news....it still is great news.

Congrats Art & Keith for getting millions of "tasty Canadians"!!  :)

Welcome, failed lurker. Spread your wings and post.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: gnooryblows on July 13, 2015, 04:44:22 PM

what do you mean? i sent really nice and polite messages to anyone who asked a question.

anyway, i just deleted it. i dunno how it caused to much confusion. its a shame because it was just double-promotion for arts AMA. but if a bunch of non-reddit-users are going to be confused about how to use reddit and then blame me......i dunno what to say, i was using the website 100% in the proper fashion. i dont know why i should care anyway, ive got better shit to do.

Despite his name this guy could be a Davebot. He tried to sabotage the AMA. Wasn't he the Satan worhshipper that accused Art of nasty things? Be wary of him guys.

Freyja

Quote from: onan on July 13, 2015, 05:37:37 PM
Welcome, failed lurker. Spread your wings and post.

Thanks for the welcome onan...much appreciated!!  :)