• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on June 30, 2015, 08:15:29 AM
Where I am Saturn was also visible last night just above the moon and I treated my daughter to her first view of the ringed planet through my telescop and if I could have bottled the look of fascination and amazement on her face it would have powered the earth for all eternity.
Cool.  8)   There was some haze in the sky here but the Moon, Venus, and Saturn were so bright, they were not to be denied.

Skunk Ape

Where I am Saturn was also visible last night just above the moon and I treated my daughter to her first view of the ringed planet through my telescop and if I could have bottled the look of fascination and amazement on her face it would have powered the earth for all eternity.

i can't wait to move from our apartment complex to escape the light pollution.

Last night while walking the dog I could see only Venus, Jupiter and the moon. Only four more weeks...

cosmic hobo

Quote from: chefist on June 29, 2015, 08:34:41 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=29geFBWnwTM

Amazing, Jaz! Love it!

You've done it again Jazzy. You've managed to capture the essence of a theme of Art's show and serve it up in a creative and beautiful way. As someone else pointed out I loved the Bigfoot taking a walk thought the forest and just casually brushing aside some of the brush. It's very nice that you included that tribute to Yetti.

ItsOver

Here's a nice shot of Jupiter and it's moons.  From EarthSky.org

"If you turned a telescope on Jupiter now, you could see its moons. Even binoculars â€" steadily held â€" will let you glimpse the moons! Photo captured June 24 by Mehmet Tesiltas in Montauk, NY."[/font]

No Quarter

Quote from: ItsOver on June 30, 2015, 08:11:22 AM
I hope Rosegirl and others caught the night sky last night.  It was gorgeous, as I was doing my night walk.  A big bright moon to the east and Jupiter and Venus closing in to the west.  Venus was BRIGHT. 

Here's to more great news from Art, in conjunction with the conjunction.

Sorry...couldn't resist   :)

someguy

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 29, 2015, 07:16:02 PM
I am in Vancouver, BC in Canada

how are you enjoying the heat? lol

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 30, 2015, 12:08:58 AM
Tommy has been hired away to host The Other Side Of Midnight?

No, Tommy and George are getting married.

The General

This made me happy.  Good going.
You have my vote for Southern Hemisphere Dad of the Year.
Can't wait til mine are old enough to do this.

PremRatHater

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 30, 2015, 10:12:37 AM
No, Tommy and George are getting married...

...and will launch a "companion" show - y'all can speculate on the content.

Off the wall (and completely uneducated) guess for what today's big news could be - SiriusXM will carry Midnight in the Desert.

ItsOver

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on June 30, 2015, 10:57:02 AM
Off the wall (and completely uneducated) guess for what today's big news could be - SiriusXM will carry Midnight in the Desert.
...replacing C2C.  That would surprising AND hilarious.

Quote from: ItsOver on June 30, 2015, 11:07:19 AM
...replacing C2C.  That would surprising AND hilarious.

It's honestly just about the only thing that HASN'T happened in these last few years.

Diabhal

Ride My Seasaw will never be heard again and we'll all spontaneously combust in joy. I fucking hate that song.

nika01

Quote from: Diabhal on June 30, 2015, 11:37:27 AM
Ride My Seasaw will never be heard again and we'll all spontaneously combust in joy. I fucking hate that song.

Let me guess, born after 1980?

I'm going to go in a completely different direction here and guess that Art will announce that Jazmunda has been playing both sides of the ping-pong table all along and creating secret digital video stuff for Noory this whole time.

A double agent Aussie in our very midst.

We will feel awesomely betrayed.

This will be a surprise to Noory as well, and he will keep hammering it home while  On The Air:

"So what's it going to be here, Jaz? Look, you've got to either tie yourself to the dock or cast yourself away from it. You can't do both. Right? Art's a nice guy. I'm a nice guy.  But you canNOT serve two masters. The boat is either IN or it is OUT. Tie the rope to the pier or cut the rope. I mean it, Jaz. Tie the darn rope or cut it! Hey, we all knew that type of wisdom, and we all SAID that exact thing, back when I was in the Navy. I need an answer. Look, I know you think you've got friends, over... over at that other place.  But they aren't you're friends. Not your real friends.  Tommy and I. We are your real friends. What do you want? You want more creative control? You got it. Want to drive the boat on weekends? Fine. I can work with that. Wait. Wait a second. (Tommy? Is the boat real or what? It's not? OK.) The boat's not real, but you know what I mean. But what's it gonna be? Tell you what. Let's go to commercial and you can think about it. Then you call me on my personal cell phone number here that's just my number only, and tell me your decision."

(pause)

"So. Are you shipping out to Hawaii with us or not, Jaz?  You're gonna regret it if you you're stuck at midnight. In the desert. Hey, everyone, I'm George Noory, and you're listening to Coast to Coast... AM."

(que Tahiti Village relaunch commercial)

Diabhal

Quote from: nika01 on June 30, 2015, 11:42:40 AM

I was working mines before Thatcher mate

nika01

Quote from: Diabhal on June 30, 2015, 11:58:47 AM
I was working mines before Thatcher mate

Ok, shoots my theory.  Nothing to see here. Carry on.

RoseGirl

Quote from: serenity on June 30, 2015, 05:54:54 AM
So, Ms Rosegirl, what are your thoughts on the Venus/Jupiter conjunction? I just posted a nice pic on the blog and thought I would ask.
And Nice work Jazz. Was that you screaming?  ;D

Oh my....isn't Venus something to see? Just spectacular.

K....since you asked....my thoughts on this conjunction. I did write about it on my web site in my Thursday pre-column, but here it is again...sort of.

For about the next six weeks a kind of 'wishing time' of luck will be upon us....no  Venus Jupiter conjunction could be anything but. However, this is very different....it is what we call 'mundane'. In other words, it will effect larger things, like countries and economies and war policies much more strongly than usual.

I've written about this before, but watch the economy of Greece, Spain and France to send Europe (and even further) into a tailspin....lots of rioting, panic. Also, expect China to make some very bizarre economic and perhaps military announcements within the next six weeks or so and continue on with such actions for about 14 months. Laws and governmental policies in the US and in Canada (both countries founded near this date back in history) will shift dramatically over the next 14 months...but expect to see some 'pre-cursors' to this within the next 6 weeks. The dark horse in all of this is Russia...watch Russia.

It is no accident, by the way, that the US and Canada were founded in early July. There is only one day per year that our Sun is directly aligned with the planet Sirius and that is......wait for it.....July 4th. Astrologically, it is a terribly powerful day. The founders of both the US and of Canada would have been keenly aware of such things.

When Jupiter is in Sagittarius, that is where the term 'born under a lucky star' comes from. That kind of luck is uncanny, immediate and dramatic. But Jupiter and Venus are both conjunct in the sign of Leo....which is semi-square to Sagittarius...so the kind of luck experienced now will be hidden luck, unexpected turns of 'karma' and the emergence of all that has been kept purposely out of the public view. Leo also rules ideals about money, will power and social identity. This will occur (ie: be both a challenge and an opportunity for healthy exposure)  for a minimum of the next 14 months and will effect both individuals and nations alike.

lol You asked.

“She laughed, and straight away the sky was serene in that quarter.” â€" Ovid, Fasti 3, Of Venus

maren

Wow.  I think you just described enlightenment.  Help her hold on to that.

maren

Well at least two of us would spontaneously combust in joy.   8)

PaulAtreides

Quote from: nika01 on June 30, 2015, 11:42:40 AM

And no taste in music, whatsoever.

chefist

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 30, 2015, 01:13:34 PM
And no taste in music, whatsoever.

I've been a lifelong fan of the Moody Blues...seen them at least 8 times in concert...however, Onan suggested this as the theme for MITD...I agree 100% with him!

https://youtu.be/aBQalkIeE7s

starrmtn001

Quote from: chefist on June 30, 2015, 01:15:54 PM
I've been a lifelong fan of the Moody Blues...seen them at least 8 times in concert...however, Onan suggested this as the theme for MITD...I agree 100% with him!

I'm in!!! ;)

serenity

Quote“She laughed, and straight away the sky was serene in that quarter.” â€" Ovid, Fasti 3, Of Venus

Thank you Rosie. Yes I did ask and wasn't disappointed. I love the quote. After i get back from the Vet Ill try to find the article on your site.

The Blitz is coming!

nbirnes

Quote from: serenity on June 30, 2015, 01:58:43 PM
Thank you Rosie. Yes I did ask and wasn't disappointed. I love the quote. After i get back from the Vet Ill try to find the article on your site.

The Blitz is coming!

Indeed it is coming. The announcement of the after-show topic and host should be coming from Art's FB page any moment now. I'm on tenterhooks. Whatever they are. Will google them in the meantime.

Jackstar

Quote from: maren on June 30, 2015, 01:10:40 PM
Well at least two of us would spontaneously combust in joy.   8)

Noori Aoki

Quote from: chefist on June 30, 2015, 01:15:54 PM

If Ray Clay can do the intro. ANNNNNNNNNND NOWWWWWWW the starting line up for your Chicago Bulls The High Desert: A cat loving paranormal broadcaster from Pahrump, Number 51, ARRRRRTTTT BELLLLLLLL

RoseGirl

Quote from: serenity on June 30, 2015, 01:58:43 PM

The Blitz is coming!

Most welcome, my friend. But you won't find any archived articles on my web site....I write that pre-column every Thursday and update it then. That was actually a column I wrote for a small newspaper here in Vancouver, but when I stopped writing that column most of Vancouver went a bit nutty. lol. So, I continued writing it for my website.