Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

lasertron

Quote from: MV on June 08, 2015, 01:29:16 PM
does she have a forum?

OMG I FORGOT ABOUT HER
ugh, stay forgotten, bury it back down, meg, stop remembering

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on June 08, 2015, 01:28:22 PM
your account will be upgraded to "bronze" status which means you're able to access the forum on mondays/wednesdays/fridays and use vowels.

Yippee!!!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Paper*Boy on June 08, 2015, 01:28:12 PM
You mean continually expressing.  WTF does any of this have to do with Art Bell? 
It has sasquatch to do with Art.

I believe it belongs in the I Am So Much More Sensitive And Understanding Than You Mean Bastards Thread, started by GI Suck, total Views 0, because nobody cares.

Man, I'm posting on Bellgab like I'm talking to my restless kids on a long car trip. "He's calling me names dad!"  "Why are we going to Parumph dad? There's nothing there to do! I wanna go back to Vegas!"

Just knock it off we're almost there!   :-X

sorefinger

Quote from: Art Bell on June 07, 2015, 08:40:27 PM
I did not mean to touch off a platform War, it is just a fact that Apple vets the Apps really hard and as a result you are far less likely to get one with a bug or worse. Android also has advantages in that they get new stuff faster, both make great phones, it's a nice first World problem.

Art
"It would have been crazy to say just a few years ago. But today, Google produces better-designed software than any other tech behemoth. If you don’t believe that, then set down your Apple-flavored Kool-Aid. Take a cleansing breath, open your mind, and compare Android and iOS."

http://m.fastcompany.com/3046512/how-google-finally-got-design

mrswizard

Quote from: The General on June 08, 2015, 10:38:37 AM
I find murder offensive.
The words spoken before the murder,
not so much.

Amen!

The General

Quote from: mrswizard on June 08, 2015, 02:35:26 PM
Amen!

Thank you.

Anyone catching up on the last few pages, here's something to listen to while you read the butthurt.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1GmxMTwUgs

RoseGirl

Quote from: The General on June 08, 2015, 10:38:37 AM
I find murder offensive.
The words spoken before the murder,
not so much.

Yeah....you never know, the murderer might not have meant anything bad just before he flattened your head with that tire iron. Could have been a misunderstanding.

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 08, 2015, 11:51:55 AM
Soon for me, brother.  Moving the fam to Idaho.

That's 3 or 4 of us on this forum.

paladin1991

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on June 08, 2015, 02:45:44 PM
That's 3 or 4 of us on this forum.

Leaving the PRC?  Or moving to Idaho?

I can't wait to be sitting on the porch staring off into the sky with ART talking about whatever.  A Scotch to ward off the chill and a see-gar. 

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 08, 2015, 01:44:55 PM
It has sasquatch to do with Art.

I believe it belongs in the I Am So Much More Sensitive And Understanding Than You Mean Bastards Thread, started by GI Suck, total Views 0, because nobody cares.

Man, I'm posting on Bellgab like I'm talking to my restless kids on a long car trip. "He's calling me names dad!"  "Why are we going to Parumph dad? There's nothing there to do! I wanna go back to Vegas!"

Just knock it off we're almost there!   :-X
Hahaha, yes, AB.
"Uncle Aldous when do we get to Uncle  Art's?
Are we there, yet?
I have to pee, Uncle A.
Dave called me a fag!
IO said Dave sucks!
Can we stop for ice cream?..

Let me know when you're ready for a smoke. :))

The General

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 08, 2015, 02:53:39 PM
Leaving the PRC?  Or moving to Idaho?

I can't wait to be sitting on the porch staring off into the sky with ART talking about whatever.  A Scotch to ward off the chill and a see-gar.

Moving to Idaho.

cosmic hobo

Quote from: sorefinger on June 08, 2015, 02:23:04 PM
"It would have been crazy to say just a few years ago. But today, Google produces better-designed software than any other tech behemoth. If you don’t believe that, then set down your Apple-flavored Kool-Aid. Take a cleansing breath, open your mind, and compare Android and iOS."

http://m.fastcompany.com/3046512/how-google-finally-got-design

gabrielle

Quote from: pyewacket on June 08, 2015, 09:57:25 AM
Excellent job, SR!!!! You set the perfect tone to remind old listeners and introduce new listeners to the best late night host ever, Art Bell. This is what I've been missing for so long. Great to finally have a choice.  :)

I agree...great job. 

Catsmile

Quote from: lasertron on June 08, 2015, 11:03:27 AM
You're always going to have people saying "I'm gay and I find it offensive," "I'm gay and I don't find it offensive." "I'm a libertarian and I would never say it." "I'm a libertarian and I'm going to say it." People who choose ot use this term feel comfortable with it for different reasons. I really don't care about offending people when I speak, but I am conscious of what makes others uncomfortable or is just a shitty thing to say. There’s a sense of people blind to their own privileges in life when they claim that this word can be repurposed. There’s a sense that the blinders are on when it’s casually said that you can reclaim a word that so many children have killed themselves over.

Ummm... Seems to me the words GAY and FAG have already been repurposed to be "hate speech and slurs." Now you've became the arbiter of the English language, and telling us that we can't just change the meaning of a word? You do know the English language is a living language? The definition of a living language is new words are created, and definitions of old words are added to; or changed to mean something else as time progresses.

It never occurred to me that (Redacted) was calling or implying that, MV was a gay slur, even in jest. The word fag has more meanings than hate speech or a slur on homosexuals. Someones mind jumping to the conclusion that (Redacted) meant to slur MV as a homosexual even in jest says more about the people and their lack of knowledge, than it does about what (Redacted) actually meant. 
https://www.google.com/search?q=define+fag&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fag

I use the words nigger, niggardly, fag, faggot, faggotry, but not in a "hate speech, slur" way, if you don't understand the definitions of words and only know what the, derogatory slang meanings of words are; and your mind jumps the lowest common denominator definition... thats your problem not mine. When you hear the William Tell Overture, you probably think it's only the theme to the old Lone Ranger TV shows, you would however be wrong in assuming that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOFAzRGYwQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoHECVnQC7A

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tell_Overture

Let us also not forget that millions of people have died around the world keeping us free to say, do, and feel however we want. Sometimes freedom will piss you off. However that is the burden of responsibility freedom entails. Ain't freedom grand? Unless of course words incite my righteous indignation. Then I'll turn tragic deaths of children into martyrdom, after the fact to suit my narrative.

MV/Liberace!

<insert popcorn eating gif>

RoseGirl

Quote from: Catsmile on June 08, 2015, 03:31:05 PM
Ummm... Seems to me the words GAY and FAG have already been repurposed to be "hate speech and slurs." Now you've became the arbiter of the English language, and telling us that we can't just change the meaning of a word? You do know the English language is a living language? The definition of a living language is new words are created, and definitions of old words are added to; or changed to mean something else as time progresses.

It never occurred to me that (Redacted) was calling or implying that, MV was a gay slur, even in jest. The word fag has more meanings than hate speech or a slur on homosexuals. Someones mind jumping to the conclusion that (Redacted) meant to slur MV as a homosexual even in jest says more about the people and their lack of knowledge, than it does about what (Redacted) actually meant. 
https://www.google.com/search?q=define+fag&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fag

I use the words nigger, niggardly, fag, faggot, faggotry, but not in a "hate speech, slur" way, if you don't understand the definitions of words and only know what the, derogatory slang meanings of words are; and your mind jumps the lowest common denominator definition... thats your problem not mine. When you hear the William Tell Overture, you probably think it's only the theme to the old Lone Ranger TV shows, you would however be wrong in assuming that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOFAzRGYwQY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoHECVnQC7A

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tell_Overture

Let us also not forget that millions of people have died around the world keeping us free to say, do, and feel however we want. Sometimes freedom will piss you off. However that is the burden of responsibility freedom entails. Ain't freedom grand? Unless of course words incite my righteous indignation. Then I'll turn tragic deaths of children into martyrdom, after the fact to suit my narrative.

Don't make me go all ThornGirl on your sorry ass. (better make lots of popcorn, MV...gonna be a long show).

ge30542

Quote from: laserjock on June 08, 2015, 10:49:14 AM
Red, if it's being beaten to death, that should show that it is the wrong thing to do.  And General, Limbaugh called a woman a "slut" because she wanted birth control.

She wanted "free" birth control, paid by taxpayers.

sorefinger

Quote from: Art Bell on June 07, 2015, 08:40:27 PM
I did not mean to touch off a platform War, it is just a fact that Apple vets the Apps really hard and as a result you are far less likely to get one with a bug or worse. Android also has advantages in that they get new stuff faster, both make great phones, it's a nice first World problem.

Art

Besides the iOS-Android comparison (http://m.fastcompany.com/3046512/how-google-finally-got-design), when it comes to security, Google has so many wonderful products -- Maps, Mail, Messages, Calandar, Drive, Youtube, Tracks, Fit, to name just a few -- I realy don't have much need for 3rd-party apps, except for stuff like TuneIn, which is secure anyway.  And the best part, all of Google software is bulletproof. It works every time all the time -- all free.  There is little mystery why Android dominates the mobile market, leaving Apple in the dust, not unlike it had been dusted under its own Scully in the Nineties.

Google also has dozens of new products in the pipeline, such as a powerful clipboard, which will work across all devices in conjunction with its cloud Drive. I would pay $100 for such an app if it would be available today, but with Google it will be free.  Sure, there's Pocket and Evernote (I have both) but they are so proprietary and inflexible, they just don't fit my needs.  But Google's clipboard will -- because those guys just know what they are doing and know what the public needs.

Apple disciples are disciples because they just have no idea what Google has been serving up.  All they know is the Kool Aid they serve up to each other.  Anyone who has converted from Apple to Android knows the Kool Aid is sour.  There is just no argument about it, Android's market dominance, proof.

gabrielle

Quote from: The General on June 08, 2015, 02:40:59 PM
Thank you.

Anyone catching up on the last few pages, here's something to listen to while you read the butthurt.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1GmxMTwUgs

Beautiful General.    I don't quite get the whole debate about the word gay....but thanks for such a beautiful song.  (suppose I am like a polar bear in the antarctic)

ge30542

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2015, 11:28:45 AM
WURD Marine!
With the recent anniversary of the launch of Operation Overlord, it occurs to me, I don't think it would succeed today. The NY Times would leak the details in advance. And with the feminization of men by society these days, I wonder.

chefist

Quote from: ge30542 on June 08, 2015, 03:51:50 PM
With the recent anniversary of the launch of Operation Overlord, it occurs to me, I don't think it would succeed today. The NY Times would leak the details in advance. And with the feminization of men by society these days, I wonder.

yup, and no carpet bombing either...

RoseGirl

Okay...here's the deal.

I know someone that had gasoline sprayed in her window, her cat killed with a shovel and the word 'dyke' written in feces on her front door. Her crime? Living in the neighbourhood while gay.

I also know a man who was beaten into a coma with a baseball bat. His crime? Walking down the street while gay.

I also know a teenager who killed himself because of words written over and over again on his school locker.

General, Catsmile...Paladin; when was the last time you were afraid to walk down the street, or go to school or live in your own home?

Just words, you say? Please.

Do you think Art Bell would allow you to use these words on his radio show? No possible way. And not because he would be sued or worse....charged with a crime for inspiring others to commit violence....but because they are just mean, vulgar, insulting and hurtful.

Just words. How stupid is that? So, if they are just words I can stand in front of your house and scream 'child molester' and that would be okay?

Quote from: ge30542 on June 08, 2015, 03:51:50 PM
And with the feminization of men by society these days, I wonder.

;D

As a eunuch, I am highly aroused by this sentence.....
Don't know why.

chefist

Quote from: RoseGirl on June 08, 2015, 03:55:59 PM

Just words. How stupid is that? So, if they are just words I can stand in front of your house and scream 'child molester' and that would be okay?

actually that would be slander if it were not true...

chefist

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on June 08, 2015, 04:00:27 PM
;D

Don't know why.

where's my darn chocolate pudding, Marshall?

gabrielle

Quote from: NW Kro͞oˈsādər on June 08, 2015, 04:00:27 PM
;D

Don't know why.

How do I attach a you tube video? 

RoseGirl

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2015, 04:02:08 PM
actually that would be slander if it were not true...

Doesn't matter if it's true or not....they will kill you for it.

chefist

Quote from: gabrielle on June 08, 2015, 04:02:52 PM
How do I attach a you tube video?

just copy the URL into the text box...it's that easy

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2015, 04:02:45 PM
where's my darn chocolate pudding, Marshall?

Next to your pair of Nike's silly!

;)