Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

lasertron

Quote from: (Redacted) on June 08, 2015, 10:44:09 AM
I won't say it again.

Thank you! I appreciate that a lot!

The General

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2015, 10:43:16 AM
I whole heartedly disagree with the "either you are a part of the problem or a solution" manipulation trick.  I'm not a racist, misogynist, homophobe, xenophobe or part of any bigoted category you can throw out there.  I personally don't use any language that I think would be offensive, but I NEVER try to control the words that come out of someone else's mouth, no matter how offensive it may be! I will not be manipulated by haters or haters of haters.

A Libertarian's point of view!  :)
Well said.

laserjock

Red, if it's being beaten to death, that should show that it is the wrong thing to do.  And General, Limbaugh called a woman a "slut" because she wanted birth control.

I don't want to be cruel or beat up on you, Red, I just ask for a modicum of professional consideration.  And I agree that back to the business of this thread is fine at this point, just remember, some are being silent but were very offended or hurt, we all make misjudgements, but some things are worse than others.

PathoJen

No sucking up is needed.  It was just a joke.  I dig MV, but the guy cannot take a compliment, so I throw in an insult to balance out any compliments I may pay him.  As a female, and as a minority myself, I have dealt with my fair share of slurs and denigration in this life.  Have learned to let it go and have a laugh.  It's the GabCast, far worse has been said on that show, but this one word is being beat to death.

I won't say it again.
Fixed!

Skunk Ape

Quote from: laserjock on June 08, 2015, 10:32:06 AM
At one time in Germany and Russia it was cool for some to make fun of certain religions and it soon came out of control.

I don't think it's cool to make fun of the LGBTQ community.

Quote from: laserjock on June 08, 2015, 10:32:06 AM
Let's say you had a disfigured face and people, en masse, started referring to the disfigurement as a form of a "playful" insult.  How do you think you would feel.

Apples and oranges.

Watched a great documentary again yesterday called "For the Bible Tells Me So." Want to see some offensive language directed at the LGBTQ community? That's the place to look.

That being said, the doc isn't about gay bashing, but how people mis-use scripture to condone it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_the_Bible_Tells_Me_So

PathoJen

Quote from: The General on June 08, 2015, 10:36:19 AM
Really? That's your example?
Rush is the most successful radio personality of the last 30 years. 
Maybe even the most successful radio host ever.
Success isn't measured by wealth alone. Affiliates are dropping his show left and right.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: laserjock on June 08, 2015, 10:49:14 AM
Red, if it's being beaten to death, that should show that it is the wrong thing to do.  And General, Limbaugh called a woman a "slut" because she wanted birth control.

Rush manipulates the media to keep his name in the headlines. When you know that's what he's doing, the show is hilarious. El Rushbo is a character.

I will say that more ditto-heads need to understand that he's a character and not praise him quite like they do.

serenity

No sucking up is needed.  It was just a joke.  I dig MV, but the guy cannot take a compliment, so I throw in an insult to balance out any compliments I may pay him.  As a female, and as a minority myself, I have dealt with my fair share of slurs and denigration in this life.  Have learned to let it go and have a laugh.  It's the GabCast, far worse has been said on that show, but this one word is being beat to death.

I won't say it again.

Here here! TY (Redacted) and "Dittos" as they say. BTW, OMG Rush is down 1/100% point from july last year. Whatever will we do?

The General

Quote from: PathoJen on June 08, 2015, 10:51:41 AM
Success isn't measured by wealth alone. Affiliates are dropping his show left and right.
After 25 or 30 years of being the most listened to radio talk show in the world.
I think that's a pretty successful run.

chefist

Ed Shultz (liberal Dem commentator) called Laura Engram a "slut" too...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: lasertron on June 08, 2015, 10:30:28 AM
If you think *my* point was "any words people hear before they are killed are slurs" then you "aren't being reasonable," bb

no, i just thought it was a snappy retort.

laserjock

Quote from: chefist on June 08, 2015, 10:54:44 AM
Ed Shultz (liberal Dem commentator) called Laura Engram a "slut" too...

And you see what's happened to Ed?

PathoJen

Quote from: serenity on June 08, 2015, 10:53:05 AM
Here here! TY (Redacted) and "Dittos" as they say. BTW, OMG Rush is down 1/100% point from july last year. Whatever will we do?

Gnoory is #6. I like him more than the 5 that are above him. Did I just say that?

The General

Quote from: PathoJen on June 08, 2015, 10:57:17 AM
Gnoory is #6. I like him more than the 5 that are above him. Did I just say that?
Heh heh

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Jackstar on June 08, 2015, 10:35:31 AM

you weren't banned because of your opinions.  you were banned because you made it a point to prance about the forum giving people grief and pretty much everyone hated you.

chefist

Quote from: laserjock on June 08, 2015, 10:57:11 AM
And you see what's happened to Ed?

Point being if a Dem says it, it will not be used as an example of hate by a Dem...then it all comes down to politics and which party someone is trying to defend or slander...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on June 08, 2015, 10:36:19 AM
Really? That's your example?
Rush is the most successful radio personality of the last 30 years. 
Maybe even the most successful radio host ever.

yeah, i got a chuckle out of that, myself.

MV/Liberace!

As a female, and as a minority myself...

i did not realize this.  i will now have to reconsider our friendship.

chefist

Quote from: MV on June 08, 2015, 11:01:16 AM
i did not realize this.  i will now have to reconsider our friendship.

Hater...

MV/Liberace!

Red, if it's being beaten to death, that should show that it is the wrong thing to do.

uhhh, no, it shows that people disagree on the topic, which through your sense of political and moral superiority you aren't capable of seeing.

lasertron

You're always going to have people saying "I'm gay and I find it offensive," "I'm gay and I don't find it offensive." "I'm a libertarian and I would never say it." "I'm a libertarian and I'm going to say it." People who choose ot use this term feel comfortable with it for different reasons. I really don't care about offending people when I speak, but I am conscious of what makes others uncomfortable or is just a shitty thing to say. There’s a sense of people blind to their own privileges in life when they claim that this word can be repurposed. There’s a sense that the blinders are on when it’s casually said that you can reclaim a word that so many children have killed themselves over.

serenity

Now your scaring me lol

PathoJen

Quote from: MV on June 08, 2015, 10:59:58 AM
yeah, i got a chuckle out of that, myself.
I just meant Limbaugh is a sucky human being.

Skunk Ape

Michael Savage is hilarious. It's like going over to Archie Bunker's father's house. Unlike Rush, I believe he believes what he's saying, but it's so far right you can only make fun of the guy.

Glenn Beck used to be more funny before he got into television. After Obama was elected he got a lot more doom and gloom as well.

One wonders what is going to happen if the next president is a Republican. Big talk guys will probably just wait until the Senate or House is taken back by Democrats again so the "Where did my country go?" talking points can return.

PathoJen

Quote from: MV on June 08, 2015, 10:59:23 AM
you weren't banned because of your opinions.  you were banned because you made it a point to prance about the forum giving people grief and pretty much everyone hated you.

chefist

Quote from: serenity on June 08, 2015, 11:04:09 AM
Now your scaring me lol

Dave Ramsey gives great financial advice...he's a benefit, Dave on the other hand...

Quote from: PathoJen on June 08, 2015, 11:05:32 AM
I just meant Limbaugh is a sucky human being.

Based on what?

I don`t find that to be true at all based on my personal observance at fund raisers he attended.

chefist

Quote from: FightTheFuture on June 08, 2015, 11:11:22 AM
Based on what?

I don`t find that to be true at all based on my personal observance at fund raisers he attended.

True...his is the only table having fun!...the Dems sit around bitter and disgruntled because the whole world doesn't agree with them 100%!

lasertron

Quote from: FightTheFuture on June 08, 2015, 11:11:22 AM
Based on what?