• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Zenman

Quote from: zeebo on May 31, 2015, 11:53:48 AM
In addition to the aformentioned omissions of The Moody Blues and Jethro Tull, my fave prog-rock band Yes is criminally absent.

Yep, rumors are that there's a general ongoing resentment against prog-band members (many of which are classically trained) for being seen as "snooty".

nika01

Quote from: Zenman on May 31, 2015, 03:29:00 PM
Yep, rumors are that there's a general ongoing resentment against prog-band members (many of which are classically trained) for being seen as "snooty".
Probably some truth to that. I cant get over the incredible stupidity.

lonevoice

Quote from: alger on May 31, 2015, 01:29:23 PM
Mares of Oatesie
Doze be Goatsie
And little I be bothie

nika01

Quote from: lonevoice on May 31, 2015, 03:40:24 PM

Just  want to quote your post so there would be two of them.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on May 31, 2015, 11:53:48 AM
In addition to the aformentioned omissions of The Moody Blues and Jethro Tull, my fave prog-rock band Yes is criminally absent.
Considering who is absent, I guess I shouldn't be surprised one my favorites from the '70s, Boston, is absent.  Eh, what can you expect from some place in Cleveland.  I think most of Ohio would like to disown Cleveland.

Nick el Ass

Quote from: themudking on May 30, 2015, 02:29:01 PM
When is the Indy BellGab Meetup?

Anytime I have some extra spending cash because these bills lately are killing me faster than any ailments I have, haha. I'm still waiting for the day there are Star Trek like devices they can just wave over you to make everything ok.

zeebo

Quote from: nika01 on May 31, 2015, 03:56:31 PM
Just  want to quote your post so there would be two of them.

Actually now there's four of 'em.

Heather Wade

Quote from: lonevoice on May 31, 2015, 03:40:24 PM

And here's one more, 'cause LoneVoice is the coolest.

Quote from: ItsOver on May 31, 2015, 03:56:51 PM
Considering who is absent, I guess I shouldn't be surprised one my favorites from the '70s, Boston, is absent.  Eh, what can you expect from some place in Cleveland.  I think most of Ohio would like to disown Cleveland.

And why is that?

zeebo

Quote from: Zenman on May 31, 2015, 03:29:00 PM

I bet you're right.  Pretty ridiculous, e.g. just because Steve Howe can play classical guitar doesn't mean he hasn't laid down some of the most amazing rock guitar of all-time.

ItsOver

Quote from: zeebo on May 31, 2015, 05:12:06 PM
I bet you're right.  Pretty ridiculous, e.g. just because Steve Howe can play classical guitar doesn't mean he hasn't laid down some of the most amazing rock guitar of all-time.
Pretty amazeen.  ;)

FortRock

AS PREDICTED, ANNOUNCED AND ECOURAGED BY THE SCORPION ARMY PROPAGANDA MINISTRY
KEITH ROWLAND HAS BEGUN AN OUTREACH CHAPAIGN TO TERRESTRIAL RADIO STATIONS FROM
ALL OVER! THE DOMINATION OF ALL TECHNOLOGIES BY THE FIELD MARSHALL ART BELL HAS BEGUN
FOR THE TOTAL DESTRUCTION OF GEORGE NOORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://artbell.com/terrestrial-affiliates-inquire-here/

nika01

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 31, 2015, 04:16:36 PM

Anytime I have some extra spending cash because these bills lately are killing me faster than any ailments I have, haha. I'm still waiting for the day there are Star Trek like devices they can just wave over you to make everything ok.

Hey, just show up at home of the Wee Mac at 4 this coming Friday. First one is on me. You wont have any trouble spotting me.

zeebo

scottydawg

Well now you guys have gone and done it :o Showing those pics of Elvira A.K.A. Cassandra Peterson. She'd be a great guest for the first month of Art's new show. She is sweet, funny and outrageous! She'd make the show go by way  too fast!
George has Morgus, but Art deserves Elvira!

Quote from: scottydawg on May 31, 2015, 05:44:09 PM
Well now you guys have gone and done it :o Showing those pics of Elvira A.K.A. Cassandra Peterson. She'd be a great guest for the first month of Art's new show. She is sweet, funny and outrageous! She'd make the show go by way  too fast!
George has Morgus, but Art deserves Elvira!

Let me second that.  ;)

Art Bell

Again it was not intended but wow, KERN in Bakersfield,CA just announced they will carry the show, my goodness it's getting crazy!

Art

Nick el Ass

Quote from: nika01 on May 31, 2015, 05:31:23 PM
Hey, just show up at home of the Wee Mac at 4 this coming Friday. First one is on me. You wont have any trouble spotting me.

I quit drinking after nearly dying a few years back during the C2C drinking game. Every time Dave said geez I had to take a shot, and it was bad. Never again.

/Kidding.
//Almost 5 years sober.

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on May 31, 2015, 05:55:28 PM
Again it was not intended but wow, KERN in Bakersfield,CA just announced they will carry the show, my goodness it's getting crazy!

Art

Congrats Art! And those that do not sign up! "They shall pay the price for their lack of vision."

serenity

Art

Heck still got 2 months more or less to go. Getting crazy. Ill bet the sphincter squeeze factor is rising exponentially at C2C

PathoJen

Art
This seems relevant.

serenity

Nick el Ass

Art

Wow. You are well sought after, and everyone is screaming out in unison "Save us Art Bell!!!" Late nights need a hero.

/Forget the Tina Turner song about not needing one.

PathoJen

Art, you don't want to be on terrestrial radio though, correct?

ItsOver

Quote from: Nick el Ass on May 31, 2015, 06:03:26 PM
Wow. You are well sought after, and everyone is screaming out in unison "Save us Art Bell!!!" Late nights need a hero.

/Forget the Tina Turner song about not needing one.
Obi "Art" Kanobi.  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xIFJLMyUwrg

PathoJen

The answers to all of my terrestrial radio questions are right here. Thank you Art for answering all of my questions before I even had a chance to ask them.

http://artbell.com/terrestrial-affiliates-inquire-here/

Art Bell

Well I can't think of any reason to say no, of course this is not what I thought would happen and we are not going to change anything at all because we are being picked up by Radio stations and the music is covered by their own license so there is nothing to lose from that point of view.

I think they will be pleasantly surprised by what we are going to do.

This sure is getting exciting and going much faster then I ever thought it would. BTW, we now have a high quality link to Keith, up and running as of today.

Art

jazmunda

Art

Cwn Annwn

Quote from: ItsOver on May 31, 2015, 03:56:51 PM

While Cleveland may not be a paragon of culture, if we got rid of it we'd have precious little left.