• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Danger!UFO

It won't take very long before Art has a big collection of MITD shows. When Art needs some time off for whatever reason I'm sure we will hear 'best of MITD' shows. Those shows will sound just as good as we heard them the first time. We'll wish Art well and welcome him when he returns.

Art doesn't want to come to this thread and read about his health problems. Let's do everyone a favor and avoid this topic.

scottydawg

So Art, a month ago you took your sweet little Munchkin to the movie "Home" you were texting on your pad about the kinks being worked out for MITD. How did you like the surprise ending with the bid bad alien machine about to tear up the planet?
Also did Capt. Smek remind you of Jorch?

paladin1991

Quote from: scottydawg on April 23, 2015, 08:19:56 AM
So Art, a month ago you took your sweet little Munchkin to the movie "Home" you were texting on your pad about the kinks being worked out for MITD. How did you like the surprise ending with the bid bad alien machine about to tear up the planet?
Also did Capt. Smek remind you of Jorch?
Thank you very much, jack wagon.  Now I don't have to spend time with my kids watching the movie.  I can just tell them the best part.

serenity

]No biggie Art. Just hope you feel better soon.

"May we never go to Hell but may we always be on the way"

paladin1991

Quote from: Danger!UFO on April 23, 2015, 08:11:50 AM
It won't take very long before Art has a big collection of MITD shows. When Art needs some time off for whatever reason I'm sure we will hear 'best of MITD' shows. Those shows will sound just as good as we heard them the first time. We'll wish Art well and welcome him when he returns.

Art doesn't want to come to this thread and read about his health problems. Let's do everyone a favor and avoid this topic.
Dude! AND once his show kicks off, there will be folks dying to sit in and cover a night off or one of his vacation trips. Maybe Lisa Garr.  Danger, did I ever tell you I had this huge thing for her aunt, Teri Garr?  MMMMMMM

chefist

As for me I would be completely satisfied if Art had a lineup of qualified guest hosts, and he did as many shows as he felt comfortable with!  8)

Art Bell

For those of you on the technical side this video after a bit of fluff about a Telos Xmas party will explain everything you ever wanted to know about good streaming. http://blogs.telosalliance.com/twirt/quit-streaming-mp3

Art

Danger!UFO

Quote from: Art_s Farts on April 23, 2015, 07:15:01 AM

Art Bell / Re: Art Bell
« on: March 03, 2015, 02:16:09 PM »
PLEASE don't not let this devolve into how to make my back better. Maybe there is no way to stop it like Roswells, I understand the way it happens, if it worked for me it will work for you type thinking.
Even I can't stand reading this stuff, thank you for the good intentions but let's talk about anything else.

Have I mentioned KNYE?

Art

I'm sure some BellGabbers didn't see Art's previous post about his back and talking about it on the board.

Just a suggestion: To see all of Art's posts here on the board you can go to the top of this page and click on members. Click on Art's name and then click on 'Show Posts'. You can go back and look at everything that Art has posted. It's a good way to see Art's updates without tying to read through pages of postings.

Danger!UFO

Quote from: Art Bell on April 23, 2015, 11:44:49 AM
For those of you on the technical side this video after a bit of fluff about a Telos Xmas party will explain everything you ever wanted to know about good streaming. http://blogs.telosalliance.com/twirt/quit-streaming-mp3

Art

Hi Art. Watching now.

laserjock

Art:  I think the fact so many people care and want to help you with your back suffering speaks about how important you are to us.  Yes, we should stick to your wishes and not give suggestions, but I think people's intentions are good.  It's like with my own family, I have certain health issues and they're constantly coming up with folk remedies and lecturing me on things I should do, when I tell my doctor he does the sigh and the eye roll and says to me "they're crazy, just keep doing what we discussed!"  But who knows, maybe someone comes up with a useful thing for you, you never know.  But we shouldn't over do it and I'm sure you'd rather think about a hell of a lot of others things than the pain you're in.  Prayers going out.

chefist

Art

As a business owner, I would choose the AAC simply not to have the 2% perpetual royalty. Always preferable to pay a flat, up-front fee so that your business costs decrease over time.

MV/Liberace!

Art

hey, art.  i think you should use whatever codec you want, but listening needs to be as simple as visiting artbell.com, clicking "play", and having the stream start in an embedded html5 (not flash) player that works in every modern browser, both mobile and desktop.  anything more complicated than that will generate headaches.

if you visit ufoship.com/chat you'll see our embedded html5 audio player.  it happens to be playing mp3 audio, but we could stream any audio format we want so long as we use an embedded player that supports the codec we've chosen.  the key here is preventing the need for listeners to use third party applications to hear the stream (tunein is a bloated dud, by the way).  it all needs to happen in the browser seamlessly.

phrodo

Quote from: ks3484 on April 23, 2015, 04:36:57 AM
phrodo,  have you not yet found the posts that express Art's sentiments the way that you ascribe to him as saying? "Art has stated SEVERAL times that he doesn't want to hear your back stories/remedies since his is fucked beyond repair. No surgery. No treatment. No shit. So just knock it off and suckit up on your own back issues."

phrodo, this is a forum where different ideas are always in play and being archived. So your sycophantic points of views do not apparently express All others, but only those of your supporters points of views; and those that are on the same frequencies as your own. Yeah, there are some that say that , too.   ;) :) :D

I'm not going to do your legwork for you - search for it yourself - it was at least a few hundred posts ago. Art has indeed posted that as several veteran members here have attested. If you had been paying attention you would have read that post - and the posts of others saying that he indeed has posted it -- or maybe he made it before you joined noob. So shuttup you big fat pussy. I don't give one flying fuck if you like me or not. You don't know me and I don't like what I know about you or your pompous, pretentious posts -- rookie. So make this forum a better place and kindly open your ass and swallow yourself. Please. TIA.

EDIT - I see now that DangerUFO did your legwork for you .. see his post above. Since that was indeed since you joined you apparently do not pay attention. Maybe you should try harder to be an exemplary member of this fine forum.  ::)  :o

Wintermute

This exactly! People make this stuff so complex when it isn't. Do not reinvent the wheel. Give an easy HTML5 in-browser player and give a link to the streaming MP3 file so clients can connect whatever they want. The benefit of using something like WinAmp is that buffering is 100% controllable. You are more likely to get close to real-time. HTML5 players are at the mercy of the browser spec and initial connection so you might end up 25sec behind the actual live broadcast.

EASY = EASY

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2015, 12:40:01 PM
hey, art.  i think you should use whatever codec you want, but listening needs to be as simple as visiting artbell.com, clicking "play", and having the stream start in an embedded html5 (not flash) player that works in every modern browser, both mobile and desktop.  anything more complicated than that will generate headaches.

if you visit ufoship.com/chat you'll see our embedded html5 audio player.  it happens to be playing mp3 audio, but we could stream any audio format we want so long as we use an embedded player that supports the codec we've chosen.  the key here is preventing the need for listeners to use third party applications to hear the stream (tunein is a bloated dud, by the way).  it all needs to happen in the browser seamlessly.

WildCard

Quote from: Danger!UFO on April 23, 2015, 11:46:43 AM
I'm sure some BellGabbers didn't see Art's previous post about his back and talking about it on the board.

Just a suggestion: To see all of Art's posts here on the board you can go to the top of this page and click on members. Click on Art's name and then click on 'Show Posts'. You can go back and look at everything that Art has posted. It's a good way to see Art's updates without tying to read through pages of postings.

Yeah, you could do it that way. I just put everyone else on Ignore. It's more work and it's much more fun.

Kolchak

I'll second this. Especially after the problems so many people went through with Sirius and considering that most people will be listening with mobile devices or laptop speakers and may not be able to decipher differences in quality so easily.

paladin1991

Quote from: Wintermute on April 23, 2015, 01:22:34 PM
This exactly! People make this stuff so complex when it isn't. Do not reinvent the wheel. Give an easy HTML5 in-browser player and give a link to the streaming MP3 file so clients can connect whatever they want. The benefit of using something like WinAmp is that buffering is 100% controllable. You are more likely to get close to real-time. HTML5 players are at the mercy of the browser spec and initial connection so you might end up 25sec behind the actual live broadcast.

EASY = EASY
Wow.  Somebody didn't get any.....ever.

MV/Liberace!

Up to $21,480 by the way.

paladin1991

Quote from: MV on April 23, 2015, 02:10:48 PM
Up to $21,480 by the way.
Are you still auctioning off BattyBrooke?  I'm in for another 10 spot.

trust_no_one

Agreed, Art.

We all probably want grandma to just go to the website and click a button and poof, she hears "from the high desert..."

Anything more complex probably just creates unneeded potential complaints to you and Keith.

Make it as simple as turning on the radio and getting a preset seems to be the way to go ?

Art Bell

Quote from: trust_no_one on April 23, 2015, 02:27:32 PM
Agreed, Art.

We all probably want grandma to just go to the website and click a button and poof, she hears "from the high desert..."

Anything more complex probably just creates unneeded potential complaints to you and Keith.

Make it as simple as turning on the radio and getting a preset seems to be the way to go ?

It will be that easy, but knowing the technical stuff behind HE-AAC is amazing, for most people they will just say damn that sounds good.

Art

Catsmile

Art

Glad you posted this, Art.
I quoted the part about paying fees using MP3 for content distributors, in the AAC+ Wiki days ago. No one else brought it up, so I let sleeping dogs lie. The discussion was more focused on the end user compatibility of stream codecs. MP3 is older and a more recognized codec by the public and is considered a must have on consumer devices, so companies pay the fees, adding support for more codecs such as AAC+ increases cost, so it suffers compatibility wise. Although that has rapidly changed. Hopefully the MP3 fees won't be cost prohibitive for your stream, or podcast downloads.

Wutz AAC+? Ain't that a basketball league? Does the plus mean it'z a wimmenz league, or a fat dude league? I don't need no basketball on this tiny thing! I watch it on the bigscreen with my buddies at the bar.

http://mp3licensing.com/help/developers.html

Quote from: Catsmile on April 14, 2015, 09:08:22 PM

HE AAC can sound much better than MP3, especially at lower bitrates.
The rub being to use HE AAC (AAC+) you must pay a licensing fee.
The link below explains AAC LC, and HE-AAC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-Efficiency_Advanced_Audio_Coding

Licensing and patents

Companies holding patents for HE AAC have formed a patent pool administered by Via Licensing Corporation [24] to provide a single point of license for product makers.

Patent licenses are required for end-product companies that make hardware or software products that include HE AAC encoders and/or decoders.[25] Unlike the MP3 format,[26] content owners are not required to pay license fees to distribute content in HE AAC.

jazmunda

I disagree. I think playing hard to get will make people want it more.

But seriously I do agree with MV. KISS. KEEP IT SIMPLE STONERS STUPID.

Catsmile

Quote from: jazmunda on April 23, 2015, 02:59:51 PM
I disagree. I think playing hard to get will make people want it more.

But seriously I do agree with MV. KISS. KEEP IT SIMPLE STONERS STUPID.

I'm sure Keith is capable of imbedding a Flash/HTML5 player, and providing playlist links/buttons that automatically open and play the stream format of your choice in the player of your choice.
Klick It Simply Streams <KISS>   

Dr Who

Well I like good audio but the simple player needs to be there also to ensure that people can easily access the show and interact its what art bell shows have always been about.

I don't know, doesn't a little static add to the mystique of a paranormal program?  Sometimes when something becomes too good and easy it's not as interesting.

WOTR

Quote from: wr250 on April 23, 2015, 04:50:21 AM
no paint, mirrors.
I appreciate all of the suggestions but have decided that rather than just a single, large, round mirror over a huge round bed to do the entire room.  I just have to be certain that the walls can support the weight and that my wallet can support the budget... ;)

Anyhow, it looks like we are back on topic.

Art Bell

Gee I will have to consider how to degrade the experience a bit to make you feel at home?

Art

chefist

Just have some bacon frying in the background in the studio!  :)