• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Nick el Ass

Quote from: Art Bell on March 17, 2015, 05:46:12 PM
Yes, I am sorry I am asking for a POLL at the top of the page: The Chase or Ride my See Saw

Art

What... no War Pigs?

http://youtu.be/K3b6SGoN6dA

Or The Wizard?

http://youtu.be/XKQ5jhtFypg

aldousburbank

Ok, I'll give up with the Rush after this but I have a plan- See the first night we come out hitting hard Art, letting the world know we're back right? Something tough but deep, crunchy but sweet, smart but punchy. If you can listen to two minutes of this and not think that it is Artfully appropriate, than you are either tone deaf or not nearly as high as I am or all three in which case I truly feel sorry for you.

Far Cry

http://youtu.be/CSoiURfbP9s

Designx

Play the Daft Punk version of the chase - it's pretty awesome. It's call "Giorgio by Moroder".

pyewacket

Hi Art- I wish we had 1 or 2 additional choices for your intro song. Moroder's original version of The Chase has had its energy drained by its association with Dave and Co. One of the alternate versions suggested by The General or Juan would be better and fresher. Not sure how you feel about that. I like Ride My See Saw as a bumper song but I don't think it works well enough as an intro.

albrecht

If no Maxine Nightinggale "Just Right Back Where We Started From" how about some Deodato?

Deodato - Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001) - Jazz Funk - 45rpm

Quote from: ItsOver on March 17, 2015, 07:32:31 PM
Chase.  I will forever associate it with you, Art.  Not even Dave can destroy that.

Using The Chase would be very alarming and disconcerting to the Snorge.  He's take it as a shot across the bow.

I love it

pyewacket

I'm sure this one of Moroder's is too risqué for Dave!

Donna Summer I Feel Love [Extended Dance Edit]

DelphiDreams

For me, The Chase is to Art Bell as this is to Mr. Who…

https://youtu.be/75V4ClJZME4

Kind of iconic and amazingly awesome~!

I hope that you don't toss it out.

DesertFox

Art--I don't think you can go wrong by either The Chase or Ride my see saw...I'd give a SLIGHT edge to The Chase.

Eddie Coyle

A Moroder collaboration with the Mael brothers. Noory would fail according to the song's title.

https://youtu.be/3zGxzbVwDcQ

I am a fan of flying to the sun without burning a wing.
The only thing, and it frightens me, is that Ray Thomas looks like Snoory.

b_dubb

Quote from: Art Bell on March 17, 2015, 05:35:58 PM
Ok, I have a question I would like to put at the top of the page: would you all rather my open theme be Midnight Express or Ride my See Saw?????

Art

http://youtu.be/fAHSb5WwADU

=Schlyder=

This would be a good opening song...or bumper music at the least.

https://youtu.be/INUv_Rgocis

paladin1991

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 17, 2015, 09:30:40 AM
This sounds like a great party. We need to rent that Peruvian band that plays in Downtown Disney on Saturdays to play during the commercial breaks.
didn't know that you were here in Anacrime.  Me too!
Hey!  Was that you that grabbed my ass last Friday night while they played?   

Nick el Ass

I voted for Ride My See Saw, but when I saw the Chase was in the lead I changed my vote because I don't want to lose again like the last one.

paladin1991

Quote from: Art Bell on March 17, 2015, 01:06:17 PM
Coast is not doomed and I do not wish it to be. There is room for us both. Dave has his listener base and I will find mine which for the most part scattered back into other aspects of life. We do very different types of shows.

The one thing I will react to is if they ever tell Guests that being on my show will not let them be on Coast, that will bring a very quick reaction.

Otherwise I say, live and let live.

Art
* puts panzer back in the barn*  Well, okay.  Since it's you saying it, ART.

DesertFox

If you did pick The Chase--it would be like U-2 stealing back Helter Skelter back from Charles Manson for the Beatles!

paladin1991

Quote from: soulburner on March 17, 2015, 05:37:05 PM
While reading this thread I found some encoded messages but could not find a way to decipher them. Was there anything interesting there? Could someone PM me the decoded stuff, pretty please? :)

*sigh* Did you try PMing MV yet?

ks3484

Coast is not doomed and I do not wish it to be. There is room for us both. Dave has his listener base and I will find mine which for the most part scattered back into other aspects of life. We do very different types of shows.

The one thing I will react to is if they ever tell Guests that being on my show will not let them be on Coast, that will bring a very quick reaction.

Art

C'est la vie

ks3484

Art

C'est la vie  :)

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 17, 2015, 10:52:32 PM
didn't know that you were here in Anacrime.  Me too!
I'm close by, in the Land of Gracious Living.

Quote from: paladin1991 on March 17, 2015, 10:52:32 PM
Hey!  Was that you that grabbed my ass last Friday night while they played?
That wasn't me, that was the music.

ks3484

Art

C'est la vie!

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 17, 2015, 10:16:27 PM
  A Moroder collaboration with the Mael brothers. Noory would fail according to the song's title.

These guys look like the stars of the Coen Brothers' next movie.

I ended up voting for Seesaw. Doesn't feel right to me to share the song with George, and if it has to be one of these two, keep the momentum from DM imo.

ks3484

Quote from: Art Bell on March 17, 2015, 01:53:51 PM
I don't think I am so much of a threat because Dave has taken the show in such a way that is no longer much like I did. For people with long memories you might remember I did a lot of open lines, i did more technical type shows. I did not do Health or many conspiracy type shows. A lot of my people simply left, they will find me in time. Perhaps some who have been frustrated but hung on will switch but there are some I hope stay where they are.

Art

okay--

Roger Wilco--

Over----

Don't forget the fax machine---

Out--- :)

channer1

Always liked it when Art played Boom Boom Ba.  Wouldn't suggest as an opener, but hope it makes the bumper rotation. Always associate it with Art, something comforting about it.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6sHXJmh91Y

paladin1991

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 17, 2015, 11:06:50 PM
I'm close by, in the Land of Gracious Living.

Hell, you're so close, if I put down my Scotch and look out the window, i can practically see you.  Well, you know, if the city of Fullerton wasn't there.   

Disheartened

I voted for The Chase. Even now when I hear that intro music on Coast I still expect to hear Art's voice next. That has never left me.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 17, 2015, 11:08:46 PM
These guys look like the stars of the Coen Brothers' next movie.

Before Michael Jackson destroyed MTV, Sparks were on quite a bit, and like Devo-were actually creative thinkers with small budgets. Instead of John Landis productions.

Scully

Quote from: DanTSX on March 17, 2015, 04:00:59 PM
I wasn't the one complaining.  The moonbat that had a post-traumatic episode triggered by the mere mention of Limbaugh (who I dislike for the record) was the person complaining.   This was followed by Scully's accusation that he is a rapist.  ...

Why do you hate free speech?

Wow.  Now I've accused Rush Limbaugh of being a rapist??? Funny how I don't recall doing anything of the sort. 

There's a strawman being peddled here by several posters.  Sorry, I'm not playing that game.  ::)