• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

Quote from: Ds9james on March 16, 2015, 01:08:39 PM
To MV
Why O Why O Why are you so slow at posting up the Latest Gabcast podcast from last bloody week!!!!
MV - "the audio file was corrupted and only contains about 15 seconds of audio. "

Regarding MITD, a slight reworking of the old line used by the movie industry says it all:

COMING SOON, TO A DEVICE NEAR YOU.

DesertFox

Quote from: SixWeekTenure on March 16, 2015, 12:37:05 PM
People of opposing viewpoints have a problem with the echo chamber of the right wing, who tend to just repeat whatever Rush says that day.

@DesertFox, I think the show's start date all depends on how soon the studio can be built and the timing of Art's family trip that he mentioned sometime back (assuming all goes well on the business side of things).

Thanks--I guess it might end up a little later than July.  I also wonder when Art will be free to give all the rest of info about the details of his coming show. 

Can't wait to hear the details.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 16, 2015, 12:25:23 PM
I don't agree with Rush, but the Man has talent. A lot of people confuse disagreement with lack of talent. He has done many funny things over the Years.

As for all the questions everybody has I simply can not answer them all yet, sorry.

Art

Yes he has.  He was the funniest thing on the radio during his early years.  Then for whatever reason he toned it down and now I have a hard time listening to his show for any length in time.  The worst is Hannity who just regurgitates talking points ad nauseam.  I just can't listen to him and I'm rather right wing in my views. Correction, I'm a Constitutionalist with rather libertarian views.

IcicleTrepan

What's Art going to say now when people call in.  He can't say turn your radio off.

TURN YOUR AUDIO DEVICE OFF!

Quote from: Art Bell on March 16, 2015, 12:25:23 PM
I don't agree with Rush, but the Man has talent. A lot of people confuse disagreement with lack of talent. He has done many funny things over the Years.

As for all the questions everybody has I simply can not answer them all yet, sorry.

Art

What Rush did was end the monopoly by the so-called Main Stream Media over how political news in this country was reported. 

Of course the MSM and those who support their favored political party hate him for it. 

But the other half of the country finally had someone in Media who was easily accessble - who reported on events that were too often otherwise buried, who provided important additional details which had been conveniently omitted from MSM reporting, who voiced our opinions, and who was entertaining to listen to.

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on March 16, 2015, 01:18:22 PM
What's Art going to say now when people call in.  He can't say turn your radio off.

To continue the tradition in a somewhat inverted manner, I believe Art is going to turn his own radio WAY up and prank call Dave's show.

trust_no_one

Quote from: MV on March 16, 2015, 09:50:08 AM
i'm surprised this didn't get a bigger rise out of everybody than it did.  if it means what it appears to mean, that's really big goddamn news, people!

Agreed, MV - this seems like a pretty big piece of news !  And welcomed, even with all the true statements about AM radio/talk radio this will only help build Art's potential subscription and internet base.   :)

Ds9james

Does anyone have a copy of the latest Gabcast?????

coaster

Quote from: Ds9james on March 16, 2015, 01:32:25 PM
jesus h.  ::)

Ds9james

Sorry I saw your post just checking if someone else recorded this live................................

VegasI15

Quote from: cweb on March 16, 2015, 12:48:40 PM
They could also add a Skype shortcut button in the app, now that I think about it... But you're right, it's up to Keith and his team.

I just thought I'd throw a few ideas out there. If they don't get used, I had a little fun thinking about it.  :)

Ideas are always good to throw out there.  Have enjoyed reading and thinking about them as well, so TY.  My point was more of praise towards Keith.  Not to stop you from sharing cool ideas which I'm sure get read by Art.

Quote from: Ds9james on March 16, 2015, 01:32:25 PM

MV buried the episode and mailed a map of the location to Art Bell, with the promise that it only be released after MV's death.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ds9james on March 16, 2015, 01:36:49 PM
Sorry I saw your post just checking if someone else recorded this live................................

yeah, i was hoping someone out there might have recorded the show, but it appears not.  this has happened once in the past, and luckily a listener was creepily recording the live broadcast at that time and came forward with the audio.  doesn't seem to be the case, this time.  disappointing.

Art Bell

If I was on Internet only I would expect a lesser pool of callers to start but, so what? I built it up before and I can do so again. The Internet would at this point with technology where it is, give me as big a pool of POSSIBLE listeners as 500 Radio stations.

If it is a smaller but smarter show, trust me I can live with that. I have always loved building new things and after they are built its kind of boring. I love new technology and the Internet is chock full of that.

My feeling is if we build it and it is good, they will come. If they don't its their loss.

Art

VegasI15

Quote from: MV on March 16, 2015, 01:41:12 PM
yeah, i was hoping someone out there might have recorded the show, but it appears not.  this has happened once in the past, and luckily a listener was creepily recording the live broadcast at that time and came forward with the audio.  doesn't seem to be the case, this time.  disappointing.

How do you "creepily" record a broadcast?  Was the listener a hunchback living in an ancient spooky castle while recording?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VegasI15 on March 16, 2015, 01:51:04 PM
How do you "creepily" record a broadcast?  Was the listener a hunchback living in an ancient spooky castle while recording?

well, he was in romania, so that's close enough.

ManiacMatt

Quote from: VegasI15 on March 16, 2015, 01:51:04 PM

If you aren't doing things creepily, then you're missing out on a lot of fun.

rzr1911

Quote from: MV on March 16, 2015, 02:00:04 PM
well, he was in romania, so that's close enough.
nothing better than listening to talk-shows with paranormal topics while sitting in your Carpathian Castle at the fireplace, snowstorm outside, wolves howling in the night.

I usually record the show from MV's crawl space, but last week my recorder malfunctioned too

trust_no_one

Quote from: Art Bell on March 16, 2015, 01:42:55 PM
If I was on Internet only I would expect a lesser pool of callers to start but, so what? I built it up before and I can do so again. The Internet would at this point with technology where it is, give me as big a pool of POSSIBLE listeners as 500 Radio stations.

If it is a smaller but smarter show, trust me I can live with that. I have always loved building new things and after they are built its kind of boring. I love new technology and the Internet is chock full of that.

My feeling is if we build it and it is good, they will come. If they don't its their loss.

Art

There's no doubt that you can do this AGAIN, Art.  You did it before.  There's always a market for quality.  I've been listening to "talk radio" long enough to remember what you did.  What Howard did (listened to him on a local station in CT before he hot the big time).  What Rush did, etc.  Like them or not, agree with them or not, it can be done when there is talent and a product that is wanted by the market.  Used to be my AM radio, now it's stations and host all over the country using my Mac, PC, smartphone.

You'll take this to the next level.  You did it in the 20th century, now you will in the 21st.

MAX

Quote from: PrairieGhost on March 15, 2015, 01:13:16 PM
Does anyone know of a good internet radio I could listen to the show from? I've never owned one so I have no clue what's good and what isn't.

I have 2 different Grace digital home models both work well give them a goggle

bateman

Quote from: Art Bell on March 16, 2015, 01:42:55 PM

Art

I could have sworn it was Cakefartian
Quote from: IcicleTrepan on March 16, 2015, 03:19:37 PM
oh look, it's Noory, the Carfakeian

cweb

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on March 16, 2015, 01:18:22 PM

"Caller, turn off your baby monitor!"

smithy

Quote from: MV on March 16, 2015, 09:50:08 AM
i'm surprised this didn't get a bigger rise out of everybody than it did.  if it means what it appears to mean, that's really big goddamn news, people!

Do you have insider info you obtained from Art's PM group or elsewhere? If so, nod your head 'yes' if it's going to be on radio.

DesertFox

Quote from: smithy on March 16, 2015, 04:32:36 PM
Do you have insider info you obtained from Art's PM group or elsewhere? If so, nod your head 'yes' if it's going to be on radio.

No. it's just that Art kind of hinted at that being possible.