• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

lonevoice

Quote from: jazmunda on March 15, 2015, 03:03:02 PM
I believe I made the suggestion and I would require a little cut on all MITD branded baby monitors sold.
jaz, since you've already spoken about your BMs on the gabcast, I believe this is covered by your 10 year non-compete with MV.

sydtron

BM radio.  The 13 yr old part of me just loled.   
Might just replace the EAS. HAHA

popple

Quote from: Art Bell on March 15, 2015, 03:08:00 PM
Sometimes you have to think outside of the toy box.

Art
And sometimes you should be playing in a toy box aka Dave, who is not old enough to play with the grownups.

ItsOver

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on March 15, 2015, 04:20:27 PM
And sometimes you should be playing in a toy box aka Dave, who is not old enough to play with the grownups.
I can hear Dave making his "choo choo train" sounds, as he whacks his head with his tuning fork.

munbeam666

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on March 15, 2015, 03:30:12 PM
    Noory provides BM radio, too. 

Bowel Movement.
How about AR radio (anal retentive?)

chinaclipper

Quote from: Art Bell on March 15, 2015, 03:08:00 PM
Sometimes you have to think outside of the toy box.

Art

But will I still get it on  my dental fillings??!?

FortRock

Quote from: aldousburbank on March 15, 2015, 03:32:51 PM
Well then.
I'm pretty sure we can all relax now.
Smoke 'em if you got 'em!

THE SCORPION ARMY, AND THE FIELD MARSHALL DO NOT DO TOBACCO COMMERCIALS!

BUT, SMOKE THEM IF YOU HAVE THEM, EVEN THE 420 EXPERIENCE WHERE LEGAL, ESPECIALLY SINCE ART WILL NOT BE ON THE AIR AT 4:20 AM OR PM!

NO, DON'T RELAX, GEORGE NOORY HAS AN ARMY OF HIS OWN THAT'S READY TO GIVE US A FIGHT. HERE'S A PHOTO FROM SCORPION ARMY INTELLIGENCE!

FortRock

Quote from: chinaclipper on March 15, 2015, 05:58:46 PM
But will I still get it on  my dental fillings??!?

THE SCORPION ARMY APPROVES OF YOUR IDEA! WE HAVE TRIED THIS IDEA ON GEORGE'S COUSIN, AND HEARING ART BELL'S VOICE 24/7 WAS JUST AS EFFECTIVE AS SCORPION VENOM! TIME TO HAVE A "LTTLE TALK" WITH GEORGE NOORY'S DENTIST! HERE'S A PHOTO OF THE EXPERIMENT ON HIS COUSIN!

Quote from: FortRock on March 15, 2015, 06:25:27 PM
THE SCORPION ARMY APPROVES OF YOUR IDEA! WE HAVE TRIED THIS IDEA ON GEORGE'S COUSIN, AND HEARING ART BELL'S VOICE 24/7 WAS JUST AS EFFECTIVE AS SCORPION VENOM! TIME TO HAVE A "LTTLE TALK" WITH GEORGE NOORY'S DENTIST! HERE'S A PHOTO OF THE EXPERIMENT ON HIS COUSIN!

LOL FortRock you're updates are fun  :)

Ms. C

Quote from: The General on Today at 03:34:10 PM
Really excited for this.
Will a paid subscriber podcast be available also?

Quote from: Art Bell on March 15, 2015, 02:38:57 PM
Yes

I am so excited about all of this ... and ready to sign up immediately!

I bought a brightech Bluetooth Audio Speaker the other day ... to prepare .... I have to work weekends (those darn 12 hour shifts) until we hire for this position and I can get person trained.  I got rid of my Sirius subscription last year -- and Sunday's really do suck on the radio -- a.m./f.m. ....

anyhow, I set up my iPhone / bluetooth speaker and drove home listening to U7 Radio -- Art talking with Dr. Paul Moller ... just excellent!!! Next hour's guest was to be a vampire ... I was just a mile from home, my iPhone / speaker stopped ... I thought what the f* is going on with this new system I put together ... BUT it wasn't me ...

U7 Radio Streams are all OFF THE AIR ....  anyone know what happened?

[attachimg=1]

chinaclipper

listening to U7 now

jazmunda

U7 is working for me too.

Ms. C

Quote from: jazmunda on March 15, 2015, 07:00:50 PM
U7 is working for me too.

Quote from: chinaclipper on March 15, 2015, 06:59:05 PM
listening to U7 now

EDIT:

I guess I just lucked out and caught it when they were changing something out ... I am very happy to REPORT myself for being wrong ...  :o

paladin1991

Quote from: FortRock on March 15, 2015, 06:15:09 PM
THE SCORPION ARMY, AND THE FIELD MARSHALL DO NOT DO TOBACCO COMMERCIALS!

BUT, SMOKE THEM IF YOU HAVE THEM, EVEN THE 420 EXPERIENCE WHERE LEGAL, ESPECIALLY SINCE ART WILL NOT BE ON THE AIR AT 4:20 AM OR PM!

NO, DON'T RELAX, GEORGE NOORY HAS AN ARMY OF HIS OWN THAT'S READY TO GIVE US A FIGHT. HERE'S A PHOTO FROM SCORPION ARMY INTELLIGENCE!
Tommy?  Tommy can u hear me?  Tommy, can u feel your legs

cweb

Quote from: VegasI15 on March 15, 2015, 11:22:29 AM
Skype is the best tool out there, with great audio quality to boot.   I find it very easy to execute.  Plus it is backed by years of development and experience.   

As far as adding the ability to call the show from an app?  (From my point of view being an app developer.) The easiest way to do this would be to have your phone dial the number after pushing the button.  Or your phone could automatically open Skype and go that route.  To do it any other way would require a VOIP component built in which means more effort, infrastructure and money out the window.
The only thing I like about Skype is that everyone uses it. I find the audio quality to vary widely, even on an enterprise connection. Hopefully Microsoft gets their stuff together better.

I agree that the easiest way to call the show is to add a phone number shortcut button. This alone would be an awesome convenience. You're probably right that a SIP implementation is a bit much. I wasn't sure if any other app developers have done this on the cheap, just wondering.

Another potential feature would be a "wormhole" IM/fast blast feature. Maybe restrict it to one-per-IP-per-hour or something?

sydtron

Tune to U7 now!  The Gopher SUCKER Open Lines is just starting!!  ONE OF MY FAVES!

Vancouver Times: NASA hiding Aliens!   Late night talk show host Art Bell hiding saucer parts. FEDS READY TO SWOOP!

karios8

Quote from: Zenman on March 15, 2015, 03:42:43 PM
CoastToCoastBM?

Hahahaha! Where is the pic of the alien taking a BM on Dave's face?

morgana213

Quote from: sydtron on March 15, 2015, 07:31:35 PM
Tune to U7 now!  The Gopher SUCKER Open Lines is just starting!!  ONE OF MY FAVES!

Vancouver Times: NASA hiding Aliens!   Late night talk show host Art Bell hiding saucer parts. FEDS READY TO SWOOP!!
Listening to it as well. I didn't know about Art when he was on live so these shows are quite a treat for me. I wonder how in the world did I not know about Art Bell back then. Art, your laugh is contagious!

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Art Bell on March 15, 2015, 02:41:45 PM
We also have a plan to Transmit to Baby monitors which will involve sending the sound of a Baby in distress followed by regular programming.

Art

lol Art with the zingers keeps me coming back :)

Quote from: Art Bell on March 15, 2015, 03:22:18 PM
We are also investigating Weather Alert Radio, simply send out the right tone and Midnight in the Desert replaces that boring Forecast from the NWS.

Art

I won't rest until Midnight in the Desert comes over my school PA system. Learn the kids young, that's what I say.

Quote from: sydtron on March 15, 2015, 07:31:35 PM

Vancouver Times: NASA hiding Aliens!   Late night talk show host Art Bell hiding saucer parts. FEDS READY TO SWOOP!

Which stream Syd?

Quote from: FortRock on March 15, 2015, 06:25:27 PM

Can you please do something about Dave's moustache, General Fortrock?

I am concerned if it is internet only that there will be enough callers for open lines shows.

cweb

Quote from: nooryisawesome on March 15, 2015, 08:14:55 PM
I am concerned if it is internet only that there will be enough callers for open lines shows.

Quote from: Art Bell on March 15, 2015, 11:04:18 AM
I think I said I would have a live Internet Stream but I don't think I said I would not be on radio stations as well.

Art
It may not be internet only....  ;)

lonevoice

Quote from: cweb on March 15, 2015, 08:27:59 PM
It may not be internet only....  ;)
Assuming it's on radio too (let it be so!), will it be live or prerecorded from the live stream?

Art Bell

Here is what I truly think, it has not yet dawned on a lot of Broadcasters that the Internet offers a much better chance to reach far more people then Radio. It's just a matter of time and not much of it at that. Almost everybody has a smart phone now and if somebody like myself or any other good Talent runs a live Talk Show as a Free stream it may take some time but it will draw a very large number of listener's. The model of doing a one hour Podcast and throwing it up for Download will not work well, it has to be live like Radio. Nobody of any real weight has put up a live free show.

The shares for AM Radio are getting so low that many smaller stations are starting to throw in the towel and going off the air. Music stations including FM are now being replaced by the Pandora's of the World. Talk as of yet has not really done it, I intend to change that.

A one hour Podcast once a Week does not do the job, to build a audiance you need LIVE and it has to be there at least 5 Days a Week to build listening habits, the same rules that did govern success on Radio apply to streaming, it's just that people are not observing those rules on the net, they think it's not ready, they are wrong. Just consider its like almost everybody is walking around with a radio on their belt or pocketbook....but it's a smart Phone, it a huge untapped market for live Talk not just in the U.S. But Worldwide. I lived in Manila and everybody there had one in their hand. The potential is off the scale. Anyway I love new stuff.

Art

sydtron

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on March 15, 2015, 08:06:11 PM
Which stream Syd?

Listening on tunein. So. That one. Lol

Surmo

Art, like Rush, has a track record of creating a revolution in listening habits.  Let's see if he can do it again........