• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

rzr1911

hey, Mr. Bell!
What is your favorite topic?
abductions, ancient history, ghosts, aliens, ufo, piracy .....

Quote from: Art Bell on March 08, 2015, 10:53:48 AM
Well ok let's send  invitation to Howard and see how he feels about, I have not yet heard Bateman but I will

Art

I think you'll like them both very much, if I may presume. They remind me of you which is a big compliment - they do their homework, ask the right questions and fully engage with the guests. Steve has killer bumper music, too.

This would be a fantastic lineup!

Well ok let's send  invitation to Howard and see how he feels about, I have not yet heard Bateman but I will

Art

I would love Howard Hughes to be a fill-in host! He's honest, intelligent, and at least considers listener feedback.

+1 for Bateman.

Has no one tossed MV's hat into the ring? I had a chance to listen to the recent GabCast last night and it put me right to sleep--in a good way. Michael has a great radio voice and easily carries a thought through to a reasonable conclusion. At no time during GabCast did I experience a midnight migraine--an all too often unpleasant side effect of that other show.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on March 08, 2015, 11:37:02 AM
I think you'll like them both very much, if I may presume. They remind me of you which is a big compliment - they do their homework, ask the right questions and fully engage with the guests. Steve has killer bumper music, too.

This would be a fantastic lineup!

+1
Howard is a big fan of Art's too and mentions him often on his show.

Danger!UFO

Art

Hi Art

Will do! I'm on his website right now.

http://theunexplained.tv/

Danger!UFO

Hey Everyone!

How about we all send Howard an email asking/inviting him to join Bellgab. Let him know whats going on here. It would be nice to see him here on the board.

http://theunexplained.tv/contact-the-unexplained

juliet

Can't sit still with all this excitement and would like to know what Art Bell's plan is.  I am not a davebot.    Would someone please be so kind enough as to PM me.   Pretty please and thank you.   Love listening to Steve Warner.  He would be great on the weekends along with George Knapp!!! :)     9 - 12 is perfect !!!

Gemstone

Quote from: wotr1 on March 08, 2015, 02:35:00 AM
I would wonder if Knapp is locked into a non-compete.  If not, perhaps one night with him, one with Bateman?
Steve Warner and George Knapp get my vote.

George Knapp. Of course. Goes without saying. Except am saying it.

Jim Harold's been putting out a fine couple of podcasts for years. He's professional, curious about and engages with his guests.
I would happily listen to him on alternating weekends with George, Howard, and Bateman.

munbeam666

I'd like to have George Knapp; he's the only one on C2C that I have listened to

albrecht

Quote from: Art Bell on March 07, 2015, 10:24:02 PM
I have a quick question for the group, what do you think of the 9PM-12AM P.T. Slot?

Art
Perfect. Allows everyone to listen, not too early for West coast but not super late for East coast and perfect for my FEMA Region VI. I can't wait!

Urgh. Just saw a bit of discussion re: MV a few pages back. My comments were wholly independent of whatever that was about--haven't completely read it through it, tbh. Just wanted to say enjoyed GabCast w/MV et al.

inuk2600

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 08, 2015, 12:32:26 AM
Yes I agree, but MV is so full of himself, don't how long that shtick would last (short legs) and he doesn't do paranormal???
Gabcast could fill the gossip/rumours/entertainment.
Nonstop paranormal is exhausting. I'd like to hear more  fascinating science content like Seth Shostack's show also and less crystal healing numbers lady junk.

WOTR

Quote from: Mel(apostrophe)s Hole on March 08, 2015, 11:40:31 AM

Has no one tossed MV's hat into the ring? I had a chance to listen to the recent GabCast last night and it put me right to sleep--in a good way. Michael has a great radio voice and easily carries a thought through to a reasonable conclusion. At no time during GabCast did I experience a midnight migraine--an all too often unpleasant side effect of that other show.
I will admit that I specifically did not include MV in my post.  He is a good host, I like listening to him- but there was a little history with DMRN already.  Art will probably want a PG show again and I think MV wants to do things his way (which I actually respect.)

Also, depending on the direction of the show, I don't know that I have really heard MV do a long format interview with anybody from the paranormal community. 

On the other hand, perhaps there is a placefor a once monthly tech show (or a weekly segment?)  Moving from AM to the internet will mean that there will be a number of people who are interested to an extent in tech and the spec sheet kind of proved that it could be done?

Quote from: rzr1911 on March 08, 2015, 08:01:14 AM
I am.
try something like this:

This would definitely work for me!

cweb

Someone was kind enough to send me the PM. I am extremely excited for what's to come. Wow!

For the good of the order I'll speak no more of this until Art gives us all the OK. :-X

Quote from: Danger!UFO on March 08, 2015, 11:48:42 AM
Hey Everyone!

How about we all send Howard an email asking/inviting him to join Bellgab. Let him know whats going on here. It would be nice to see him here on the board.

http://theunexplained.tv/contact-the-unexplained
Indeed. At the very least he should take a look at his thread for some listener feedback, if he hasn't already. I think Delphi (?, please forgive me if I am wrong here) suggested he check out Bellgab a few weeks ago.

Art Bell

Of course I have heard Gabcast but not a long form show. I have heard Hughes. I think Keith is really looking for live shows taking calls. There is a lot of Podcasting on the Web, not so much live.

Art

Danger!UFO

The thing about the DMRN is that when I do listen I know what I'm getting which is paranormal talk. That's why I tune in.

You mean Carolyn Goyda is not a contender for weekends with Starfire Wolflair, the worst show on earth?

Danger!UFO

Quote from: munbeam666 on March 08, 2015, 12:09:43 PM
I'd like to have George Knapp; he's the only one on C2C that I have listened to

I'm sure that George Knapp has a non compete with CTC. They would never allow him to fill in for Art. I'm sure they would like Knapp to host on Coast more often.

Maybe Art could have George Knapp as a guest one night?

VegasI15

Any chance Roger Carroll of KMPC fame would come out of retirement to host on weekends? 

Danger!UFO

Art

Art:

Having Howard Hughes host the Saturday night show would be a good idea. Midnight here would be 06:00 A.M. in The United Kingdom, right? Howard would be available I'm sure. He does a high quality show and it would help bring in a listener base from the United Kingdom. Howard works on the BBC. I think he does a morning show? Those early hours should be OK for him.

Bateman already does a show on Saturday night on WABC. He would be available for Sunday nights? Maybe also a fill in host during the week?

cweb

I think paranormal is the biggest draw, but here's a snippet from the DMRN website's "about us" that widens it out a bit.
QuoteI’d like to provide a platform for science, paranormal and other related topical radio shows to the fans of these topics.

A tech show would fall under the science category, methinks. It might not hurt to have something like that to supplement the paranormal stuff. It doesn't have to be strange or mysterious if it can be presented in a way interesting to most people.

The live aspect seems tricky, probably due to scheduling hosts.

smithy

Quote from: Art Bell on February 01, 2015, 02:01:15 PM
To, Lisa, Tommy & George

I am posting this here because I know you read here by the hour.

You may have noticed that when I made my announcement on FB I did not in ANY
way mention George or even Premiere. That is because I was hoping that I could
put all my efforts into preparing for the show I am going to do. It is not in your
interest to make this a War because as the 500 pound Gorilla in the room any conflict
does not work in your favor at all. I was and still am hoping we can simply both do
what we do and see how it all shakes out.

However, taking Jimmy away from Keith was kind of low brow, having George get on
the air and pretend to "help" me by talking about my return and then playing my now
very old show where I was told to say "George gets it".....well, it just does not seem like a
good start.

Let's start fresh! I will not go after you guy's and you don't go after me. Lets both do what
we do and see how it comes out in the end! I am more then happy to have a smaller, higher
quality show if that's how it plays out.

I will not hit, but I will hit back.

Art Bell

The above quote is classic. As the weeks fly by till D-day (Midnight in the Desert) I suspect it's going to get unhappy over at IHeart based on the 2013 effort Dave and crew made. It didn't make them look good--at all.

Reminder to Dave: Stick  with your IHeart medicine shows and "how to feel good" topics that you fill your weekends with. It is your destiny. It will help move you in the direction in which karma will not bite you in the butt. Stay on the path George. Don't look at Art. Do not copy, poach, be angry or afraid. The truth will set you free. Devote your time to heart, healing and happiness and share that with your listening audience.

Quote from: wotr1 on March 08, 2015, 12:32:01 PM
I will admit that I specifically did not include MV in my post.  He is a good host, I like listening to him- but there was a little history with DMRN already.  Art will probably want a PG show again and I think MV wants to do things his way (which I actually respect.)

Also, depending on the direction of the show, I don't know that I have really heard MV do a long format interview with anybody from the paranormal community. 

On the other hand, perhaps there is a placefor a once monthly tech show (or a weekly segment?)  Moving from AM to the internet will mean that there will be a number of people who are interested to an extent in tech and the spec sheet kind of proved that it could be done?

Yes, I'm really the last person who should be tossing ideas. Am an inveterate occasional lurker who slinks back into the site from time to time to see how "The Return" is progressing. Completely defer to the wisdom of the active posters and MV's wishes.

PathoJen

Quote from: Jnthn932 on March 07, 2015, 05:20:37 AM
SWEET. BABY. JESUS.

Art you sly devil, you.

Can I please know too??? Dying over here. :)

VegasI15

Quote from: cweb on March 08, 2015, 12:56:14 PM
A tech show would fall under the science category, methinks. It might not hurt to have something like that to supplement the paranormal stuff. It doesn't have to be strange or mysterious if it can be presented in a way interesting to most people.

Agree, it wouldn't hurt at all.  Depending the angle you want to take, Tech is a whole lot more than just science nowadays,   It could be anything from a discussion on net neutrality to sabermetrics in sports.  Tech has the possibility of attracting a wide audience.  Just comes down to the demographic you want to target.

Danger!UFO

I think the GabCast should have a slot on Saturday. Howard Stern has a  'After Show' daily which talks about the happenings on Howard's show. (No, I don't subscribe or listen to Sirius). The Walking Dead on AMC has a show called 'Talking Dead' which talks about the show.

The GabCast could provide a platform for fans, Art's producer(s), and even show guests to come on and discuss "Midnight in the Desert' (Sweet!) shows from that week. A weekly post-show on Saturday. Just focus on Art's show, not so much the Bellgab board. Why not call it the 'BellCast'?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PathoJen on March 08, 2015, 01:07:58 PM
Can I please know too??? Dying over here. :)

Don't worry; nothing to smudge your mascara over.