• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

smithy

You guys are gonna go head to head with Lee Cigar? Get started now! (I was gonna say crackin' but that sounds too much like a drug)

Surmo

Quote from: lonevoice on March 07, 2015, 06:18:29 PM
Surmo!  It's so good to "see" you. 

Did you get the special Art PM yet?

Yes, my dear, I pieced together the details, though it was difficult to read; must be part of the coding.

Art:  The time slot is perfect, I assume it fits in the plan. Please lock down Bateman for weekends after the replays and Howard Hughes to lead or follow the show during the week (depending on the time slot). Unless the impact of the "plan" shakes George Knapp lose from the clutches of Premiere, in which case have him do weekends and have Bateman follow.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: bateman on March 07, 2015, 11:39:27 PM
I wouldn't do the co-hosting deal for a couple reasons. There are already shows on DMRN that have multiple hosts, and that just isn't the type of show Art does. I like the idea of each guest host bringing their own personality individually.

Valid points, either way, it's really awesome we are discussing this

WhiteCrow

Quote from: jazmunda on March 08, 2015, 12:03:52 AM
I disagree. I think MV would be exceptional as a solo host. The other GabCast hosts are just window dressing and possibly a tax break for MV.

Yes I agree, but MV is so full of himself, don't how long that shtick would last (short legs) and he doesn't do paranormal???

MV, have you a rebuttal?

Surmo

I would have included MV in the weekend plans, but I heard Bateman hates him. You know how temperamental talent can be.

George Knapp signed an intricate non compete which states  blah blah blah "until such time as when Jesus returns or an interstellar spacecraft lands on the White House lawn."

He's pretty much locked in.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 08, 2015, 12:32:26 AM
Yes I agree, but MV is so full of himself, don't how long that shtick would last (short legs) and he doesn't do paranormal???

MV, have you a rebuttal?

you ladies and gents have a nice evening out there.

Paradox

Quote from: Art Bell on March 07, 2015, 10:24:02 PM
I have a quick question for the group, what do you think of the 9PM-12AM P.T. Slot?

Art
I am in the central time zone.  I'd prefer 7PM - 10PM or 8PM - 11PM P.T. (9 or 10PM - Midnight or 1AM C.S.T.) But I will go along with the majority.  11PM - 2AM C.S.T. is still better than Midnight - 4AM C.S.T.

PChirp

Quote from: MV on March 08, 2015, 12:36:37 AM

MV,

Your avatar makes me want to get up and prance around the house.  How the hell do you do it?   :)

bateman

Quote from: Surmo on March 08, 2015, 12:33:11 AM
I would have included MV in the weekend plans, but I heard Bateman hates him. You know how temperamental talent can be.

There's still sexual tension though.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: bateman on March 08, 2015, 12:39:22 AM

that's all you need.

bateman

Quote from: MV on March 08, 2015, 12:40:52 AM
that's all you need.

Meet me in the politics section.

Surmo

Quote from: bateman on March 08, 2015, 12:39:22 AM

That's just the Liberace avatar. Its him you love.

jimg

Hey Guys, any chance this serial lurker can get a copy of Art's PM? How rude of me to just show up when I want something? My apologies...

-Jim ( I PROMISE...not a Dave-bot )

P.s. I understand that under the cardinal role of "he who smelt it, dealt it"....claiming to "not be a Dave-bot" would categorically suggest that I perhaps was one...but, I assure you...I have never even ate a pizza roll...

Quote from: PChirp on March 08, 2015, 12:38:39 AM
MV,

Your avatar makes me want to get up and prance around the house.  How the hell do you do it?   :)

Every time I see MV's avatar from the corner of my eye, it looks like the Burger King Wizard. 

A whole new meaning to flame broiled.

SnapT

My vote would be for DESERT WEEKENDS WITH BATEMAN & FALKIE, but if Bateman demands he work solo, so be it.  A 5-10 minute FALKIE'S FOOD COURT segment would be great, however.  Falkie could be your UFO Phil of frozen food review, Bateman.

http://youtu.be/virPdKpmt7I

smithy

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on March 08, 2015, 12:35:12 AM
George Knapp signed an intricate non compete which states  blah blah blah "until  such time when Jesus returns or an interstellar spacecraft lands on the White House lawn."

He's pretty much locked in.

There's some justice in George Knapp being locked in with Dave. He's stuck in an affiliation with the worst program on the planet while longing for Art Bell. It must be hell, but he probably gets a better paycheck than the subs. He and Dave are the only 2 listed on the website as hosts.

Needle woman

9-12 pm is perfect!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on March 08, 2015, 12:36:37 AM

That's it, That's all you got neighbor...  dream on this one sonny,  Art has wisdom... other's don't
Sweet dreams all, nighty-nite,  WhiteCrow over and out.

sydtron

Quote from: MV on March 08, 2015, 12:21:34 AM
i want to be in a singing group of the barber shop variety and go by this name.

An accapella version of "The Chase"

Or.......
Or.....
"Uptown Funk"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 08, 2015, 12:59:04 AM
That's it, That's all you got neighbor...  dream on this one sonny,  Art has wisdom... other's don't
Sweet dreams all, nighty-nite,  WhiteCrow over and out.

I've got a whole website full of me talking into a microphone starting in 2009. Some like it, some don't. It's OK.

pate

Thanks for the PM, MFM!  I was wondering what all the excitement was about.

Sounds good to me, I shall proceed as outlined in my response.  (Please delete that after you read it, as I did yours for security purposes...)

That is all.

jimg

I'm excited but I don't yet know why!!  :-X

WhiteCrow

Quote from: MV on March 08, 2015, 01:03:45 AM
I've got a whole website full of me talking into a microphone starting in 2009. Some like it, some don't. It's OK.

No problems mate.. I like your broadcasts and podcasts and find them very entertaining... I may of incorrectly assumed that you had higher goals, big-time break-out 'media-personality' stuff.
No doubt about it, you have talent and encourage, if you have the 'dream' and Bateman too, seize this opportunity while Art has Bellgab's helpful hand, to help launch his new show.

One Hand washes the other...Opportunities like this rarely come a knocking.     

Disheartened

Quote from: Art Bell on March 07, 2015, 01:23:42 PM
Just to set the record straight I am 69 and I am pretty sure Dave is 64. Beyond that I guess I should be upset about a couple of songs Dave played? Give me a break, who cares? With what I have coming and I can see some of you know, well it's like worry over a firecracker when a Nuke is about to go off.

Also, as I mentioned, all I have to do is do a good show, everything else will take care of itself.

Art

I was upset when Coast played Midnight In The Desert. That's your song.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 08, 2015, 01:37:10 AM
I may of incorrectly assumed that you had higher goals, big-time break-out 'media-personality' stuff.

Who said anything about my goals? And why is it important to you?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on March 08, 2015, 02:17:56 AM
Who said anything about my goals? And why is it important to you?

Is it important that you know this?

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on March 07, 2015, 10:52:34 PM
The Weekends are a open question, it sure would be a great opportunity for somebody...hmmm

Art
I would wonder if Knapp is locked into a non-compete.  If not, perhaps one night with him, one with Bateman?

zeebo

Quote from: wotr1 on March 08, 2015, 02:35:00 AM
I would wonder if Knapp is locked into a non-compete.  If not, perhaps one night with him, one with Bateman?

This would be so cool.