• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

I cannot stop laughing. IF this is what it ends up being, Art could end up on more stations than Dave, on bigger stations in the big cities, and would basically immediately destroy Coast. It would be the ultimate comeuppance.

And even if Art end up on some internet-only service backed by them, there is basically no way Dave/Premiere could sabotage it. Amazing.

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on February 27, 2015, 01:03:54 PM
If it's Cumulus, that could explain why Dave + Premiere are trying to get the streams of old Art shows shut down. They don't want any potential new fans hearing Art shows if he is going to be on a level playing field come July. It will be interesting to see if they keep airing SIT if this is where Art is going.

Is U7 based overseas? Premiere has shutdown a number of similar sites in the past and one would think that they would have already shut down U7. Hopefully they can't touch it.

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on February 27, 2015, 01:13:27 PM
I cannot stop laughing. IF this is what it ends up being, Art could end up on more stations than Dave, on bigger stations in the big cities, and would basically immediately destroy Coast. It would be the ultimate comeuppance.

And even if Art end up on some internet-only service backed by them, there is basically no way Dave/Premiere could sabotage it. Amazing.
Karma sucks so bad........

AZZERAE

Quote from: The General on February 27, 2015, 01:12:27 PM
There will always be more streams popping up.  Don't worry.  Premiere can play whack-a-mole all they want, just find the new stream when the old one shuts down.  It's easy if you know how to work the internet.  There's at least 6 other streams that are better than U7 anyway, U7 plays the same shows over and over and the same stupid JC bits between every show.

Thanks for your words of consolation, General...

I was unaware of the other streams. If you could fill me in on some in a PM or even here that'd be appreciated. I truly though U7 was all there was.

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on February 27, 2015, 01:13:27 PM

This is exactly why I think it could be the biggest win for us and Art.
Live programming and reachable audiences..
Big audiences.
Major excitement.
pod casting and downloadable shows on Spotify etc.
And ABBA.

Don't fear the REAPER.

Maybe ART applied on this page: http://www.cumulus.com/careers/

CornyCrow

Quote from: Dont Fear The Reaper on February 27, 2015, 01:03:54 PM
If it's Cumulus, that could explain why Dave + Premiere are trying to get the streams of old Art shows shut down. They don't want any potential new fans hearing Art shows if he is going to be on a level playing field come July. It will be interesting to see if they keep airing SIT if this is where Art is going.

Yeah.  This is interesting.  Noory is no longer giving Art credit in that list of names at the end of the show.  If Art were going into competition with Noory, that would be understandable.   

Geeze, I hope that's so.  I'd like to get Art on another New York City station.  I'll bet Art would grab Noory advertising dollars.  Look at all the outside publicity Art got when he was working.  Noory gets no attention at all, that I know of. 

Art shines in that venue.  It's his element.  I wish him luck.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on February 27, 2015, 11:14:44 AM
Take a wild guess and I'll say it's Cumulus.

So if your wild guess is correct and all the posts made after yours' that endorse that Art is going with Cumulus, then that would mean; Art has been misleading (lying) to us all along. I don't think that is likely. Art has stated his goals and terrestrial radio wasn't one of them.

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Art Bell on February 27, 2015, 12:36:19 PM
Happy Friday everybody!

Art

Happy Friday to you too Art!  Shame we lost Mr. Nimoy today.

Quote from: WhiteCrow on February 27, 2015, 01:35:19 PM
So if your wild guess is correct and all the posts made after yours' that endorse that Art is going with Cumulus, then that would mean; Art has been misleading (lying) to us all along. I don't think that is likely. Art has stated his goals and terrestrial radio wasn't one of them.

If it's CUMULUS I think he was purposely not telling us something because it would risk a deal..
But I also think there is a vast array of podcasting and downloadable abilities for a show with Cumulus.. Lots of forward thinking there when compared to Premiere. In my humble opinionated opinion..

indigoo

I don't think it necessarily is terrestrial if it's Cumulus.

For the heck of it.

http://youtu.be/WhgY4Te0uFs

the words seem prophetic.

DesertFox

Quote from: indigoo on February 27, 2015, 01:40:17 PM
I don't think it necessarily is terrestrial if it's Cumulus.

Yes, they have newish streaming arm.  That said plans could always alter--but right now it still seems like it's streaming unless we are told differently.  Either way, it's all good.

Laurakinch

Quote from: Azzerae on February 27, 2015, 01:22:59 PM
Thanks for your words of consolation, General...

I was unaware of the other streams. If you could fill me in on some in a PM or even here that'd be appreciated. I truly though U7 was all there was.

I use the Tune-in app (just search "art bell"), and there's at least six streams to choose from.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Laurakinch on February 27, 2015, 01:45:34 PM
I use the Tune-in app (just search "art bell"), and there's at least six streams to choose from.

Thank you, Laura.  :)

Still I remain very angry that George Noory wants to shut streams down out of fear.

No, not at all. Art initially may have not wanted to go to terrestrial, but if you really think about it, terrestrial is the only platform that could give Art all he wanted. So I don't think he lied at all; he simply changed his mind.

Heather Wade

Happy Friday everybody!

Art

It's finally Friday, and my tired wings are grateful, but it's a sad Friday.
Live long & prosper.   :'(  \\//,

DesertFox

Quote from: From Somewhere Out There on February 27, 2015, 01:48:58 PM
No, not at all. Art initially may have not wanted to go to terrestrial, but if you really think about it, terrestrial is the only platform that could give Art all he wanted. So I don't think he lied at all; he simply changed his mind.

Cumulus(again assuming the guesses about the hint are correct) has a streaming arm--so Art could very well still be doing strictly streaming.  Right now unless he tells us otherwise, I assume that is still the direction.

cweb

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 27, 2015, 02:04:44 PM
Indeed.  :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6lTSPXDOAI#
I think tonight is an appropriate time to partake in whatever ritual we all happen to favor (wine, champagne, beer, cigars, other  ;) ) for the purposes of celebrating the promise of what could happen for Art and remembering dear Mr. Nimoy. Cheers!

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: cweb on February 27, 2015, 02:20:11 PM
Indeed.  :'(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6lTSPXDOAI#
I think tonight is an appropriate time to partake in whatever ritual we all happen to favor (wine, champagne, beer, cigars, other  ;) ) for the purposes of celebrating the promise of what could happen for Art and remembering dear Mr. Nimoy. Cheers!

I'll be eating an ice cream cake.  Art better not die on us for another 10 years or more.  I forbid it!

jazmunda

Happy Friday everybody!

Art

It's Saturday here.

#justsaying #timezoneproblems

jazmunda

Quote from: Paul on February 27, 2015, 12:43:10 PM
Same to you Boss.    8)

Is this a clue perhaps?

#gettingthebandbacktogether

Laurakinch

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on February 27, 2015, 02:25:42 PM
I'll be eating an ice cream cake.  Art better not die on us for another 10 years or more.  I forbid it!

Not funny

Producer-Paul

Quote from: (Redacted) on February 27, 2015, 02:04:44 PM

DesertFox

Quote from: jazmunda on February 27, 2015, 02:55:06 PM
Is this a clue perhaps?

#gettingthebandbacktogether

There are bigger clues if you read the last couple of pages--I blame you if you don't see it ;)

dungiven

Happy Friday everybody!

Art
Happy Friday Art!  Hope everything goes your way today!

Ms. C

A most excellent and happy Friday to you, Art!

MV & other GabCast hosts ... IMHO we need an emergency GabCast show this evening to discuss these clues and help come up with a definitive answer to this mystery! 

And as an aside we can toast to the great Leonard Nimoy (as was suggested in an earlier post) ... may he RIP!

Respectfully Submitted,

Ms. C

popple

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 27, 2015, 01:23:41 PM
Don't fear the REAPER.

What happened to Mr potato head's mustache? There has to be a spare in the box.

ks3484

Happy Friday everybody!

Art

Art, so far I have   H-appy  F-riday everybody......How about H=High F=Frequency nothing for e yet.

Just a thought...... :-\

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Azzerae on February 27, 2015, 01:48:09 PM
Thank you, Laura.  :)

Still I remain very angry that George Noory wants to shut streams down out of fear.

i think george probably has very little control over anything, ultimately.