• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

WildCard

The great question that has never been answered, and which I have not yet been able to answer, despite my thirty years of research into the feminine soul, is 'What does a woman want?"
-Freud
Quote from: laserjock on January 23, 2015, 08:46:59 AM
I was wondering:

What if the hours of his show impeded him?  Why not do a daytime web/pod cast?  Surely his wife would like that better?
I have a better question - who cares? Am I right, guys?

I remember going to Denny's at midnight and wearing those headphone/am radio things so I could listen to Art while I ate.

Back problems, sickness. I don't think he will be coming back.

Scully

Quote from: FightTheFuture on January 23, 2015, 04:49:28 AM

Scully, I think even the most casual consumer of sports and news would be completely unable to avoid the non-stop barage of stories relating to the New England Patriots underinflated football story.

however, I believe it was Art's direct reference to his... Well, you know. It wasn't exactly what you would call a humorous double entendre.

Well, just call me a Dirty Old Woman then, cause a humorous double entendre is exactly what I thought it was.  ;)

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on January 23, 2015, 07:21:22 PM

Back problems, sickness. I don't think he will be coming back.

He has the flu not ebola or aids.

ItsOver

I fear he has chronic backoutitis.

Daggit

Did Art miss any shows during Dark Matter as a result of back pain? I know he missed due to a spider bite and I think there was another missed show. Was it due to his back or his other kryptonite; the flu?

Quote from: Daggit on January 24, 2015, 03:12:23 PM
Did Art miss any shows during Dark Matter as a result of back pain? I know he missed due to a spider bite and I think there was another missed show. Was it due to his back or his other kryptonite; the flu?

I remember him giving a long back story about his back problem which might have been after he missed a show.  I can't remember for certain whether that was the reason he was discussing it.

Art Bell

Hi again,

It's been a long time since I have posted. First I did not miss any shows for Sirius/XM save for one when the studio in New York went down, none missed for my back or the spider bite.

Second, I do still have the Flu and have had a bad back since I was in my 20s, sometimes it is ok and at other times I can not walk. Only people with bad backs can possibly understand.

Third, IF I decide to take a run a streaming it will be free while live as I have always said, this would be in July
after my Non-Compete is over. It would also be at my own expense and require a considerable investment. It will
also require a Producer which may be a problem because Paul may not be available, no Producer would mean no show.

Fourth, I have zero regrets about having left Sirius/XM and were I faced today with the same situation now, would make the same decision. The ONLY thing I would have done is to not have signed a contract with them in the first place without understanding their streaming problems, it was represented to me that they had a viable National and International stream in place, that is on me.

Fifth, If anything aside from my Health would hold me back it would be the people who as I have read on this board are already starting to say I will quit again, if I decide to give this a try at my age there is no guarantee
my Health will hold out and if it does not it might be wiser to not begin as opposed to facing all the grief I would get if at some point I could not hold up.

These are the things I am considering...

Art Bell

ItsOver

Thanks for the update, Art.  As you know, we love'd the hell out of you when we had you and we'll miss you terribly if you don't return.

aldousburbank

Art for Art's sake!

dan7800

Hey Art,

I'm listening to one of your old shows right now (12/21/2003). Gets me through late night coding sessions.

Do a short show, a few hours a week. You could do things on the cheap... IE let guests/callers use Skype and keep things to 1-2 shows a week to allow you to spend time with your family.

All here are waiting for your return. We are sick of the crap that is out there. Right now, it is your old shows or nothing. C2C is well documented garbage. Jimmy went off the deep end.

Feel better from the flu & take care.

Feel free to keep chiming in here. Keep the fire alive and we will be hearing from you in July. You have a special gift, keep sharing it.

Also, I should share that I threw JC into Mel's hold last night. He stole my Pizza Punch and broke my Levitron.

Heather Wade

Quote from: Art Bell on January 24, 2015, 08:36:38 PM
Hi again,

It's been a long time since I have posted. First I did not miss any shows for Sirius/XM save for one when the studio in New York went down, none missed for my back or the spider bite.

Second, I do still have the Flu and have had a bad back since I was in my 20s, sometimes it is ok and at other times I can not walk. Only people with bad backs can possibly understand.

Third, IF I decide to take a run a streaming it will be free while live as I have always said, this would be in July
after my Non-Compete is over. It would also be at my own expense and require a considerable investment. It will
also require a Producer which may be a problem because Paul may not be available, no Producer would mean no show.

Fourth, I have zero regrets about having left Sirius/XM and were I faced today with the same situation now, would make the same decision. The ONLY thing I would have done is to not have signed a contract with them in the first place without understanding their streaming problems, it was represented to me that they had a viable National and International stream in place, that is on me.

Fifth, If anything aside from my Health would hold me back it would be the people who as I have read on this board are already starting to say I will quit again, if I decide to give this a try at my age there is no guarantee
my Health will hold out and if it does not it might be wiser to not begin as opposed to facing all the grief I would get if at some point I could not hold up.

Art Bell

Great to hear from you!  Please, please don't let a few nasty, useless trolls keep you off the air.

“Our doubts are traitors,
and make us lose the good we oft might win,
by fearing to attempt.”   

-William Shakespeare, Measure for Measure

Well, obviously health and family come first but I wouldn't put much stock into those joking about a quick exit after a potential return. Just do what makes you happy, show or not.

Whatever Art decides to do, I wish him a long, happy, healthy life. I could never adequately thank him  for all the many hours of great entertainment.

at kailan ka giginhawa

jazmunda

Thanks for the update Art.

I hope to speak to you again soon.

Too soon? :P ;)

dan7800

Let's all go to the #ArtBell chan on EFnet and talk about it

I am there as dan7800

Quote from: jazmunda on January 24, 2015, 09:11:51 PM
Thanks for the update Art.

I hope to speak to you again soon.

Too soon? :P ;)

Great.

Now he`ll never come back.

WildCard

Art posted?! Nobody tells me anything.

Art Bell
Understood. Just please, give us one more show. We'll complain no matter what you do.

Thank you for so many enjoyable years of Coast to Coast, Art!  You're sorely missed, and if you're willing and your health and family considerations permit, it would be great to have you back even on a part time basis!  Cheers!

Quote from: Scully on January 23, 2015, 09:30:07 PM

Well, just call me a Dirty Old Woman then, cause a humorous double entendre is exactly what I thought it was.  ;)

Don`t worry, Scully, all your dirty little secrets are safe with me. 8)

wr250

Quote from: dan7800 on January 24, 2015, 08:56:46 PM
Hey Art,

I'm listening to one of your old shows right now (12/21/2003). Gets me through late night coding sessions.

Do a short show, a few hours a week. You could do things on the cheap... IE let guests/callers use Skype and keep things to 1-2 shows a week to allow you to spend time with your family.

this. and if time and you feel like it, you could do a prerecorded show , in case your back acts up/your sick  on a night your supposed to be live. 2 of these a month would probably be just fine, just to cover. we have been listening for years to archive shows  of yours anyways, so why not?

Quote from: WildCard on January 24, 2015, 09:17:42 PM
Just please, give us one more show. We'll complain no matter what you do.

;D   

albrecht

Hi again,

Art Bell
Best to you and your family. Do what is right and good for you! Thankfully I've haven't had a bad back but know some who have and you are totally right....it is not a joke or something us, knock-wood, can understand. Flu sucks but you can beat that, the back is much harder. Good luck and hope to hear you again soon! I would love it even if a sporadic or weekly show. Podcast, Shortwave, syndicated AM for weekends, or whatever media delivery vehicle (or combo of same!)

littlechris

Hi again,

Art Bell

Hello Mr.Bell,

We have been wondering where you have been since you haven't posted here lately. It's soo great to hear from you!!!!!!!  We very much look forward to your return this July. I also can relate to your back issues as I had a pretty bad incident years ago but have managed to control the pain with regular excercise.

I would not pay attention to those who are being negative on this board. Do not let them dictate the direction of your career. 
Also, please do not feel pressured if/when you do comeback. Even if you are on a few nights a week, we will be more than happy. The program can be hosted by others when you are unable to host the show. Again, NO PRESSURE.

We look forward to hearing from you more often here at Bellgab.

Sincerely,

-Chris

Ok, so maybe we can help with finding a producer. I am pretty sure Art can get a quality producer. If cost is an issue a visit to the local broadcasting school would probably get him what he needs.

Also the dude is 70 of course he is going to have some pain and health issues. No shame in that.

Also I hope Art will consider calling into a DMRN show, even if it's just to say hello or goodbye.

b_dubb

Art,
Thanks for the update. I hope you're feeling better soon.

What would a "considerable investment" be? Maybe a Kickstarter to offset some of the cost?

Take care and best wishes to you and yours,

b_dubb

Always good to hear from you, Art. I don't care what anyone says and neither should you, hearing your voice again is all most people want, even if they do express it a bit cynically.

bateman

Thanks for checking in, Art.

Don't commit to 5 nights a week. It's too much. Do 1 or 2, and jump on whenever you feel like during the week to do open lines or something.

Feel better.

Quote from: bateman on January 24, 2015, 10:25:57 PM
Thanks for checking in, Art.

Don't commit to 5 nights a week. It's too much. Do 1 or 2, and jump on whenever you feel like during the week to do open lines or something.

Hey wabc man. Know any producers?