• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Value Of Pi

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 26, 2016, 05:06:36 PM
Holy crap, bro!  You're a bro?   I pictured a devilishly handsome blue eyed devil.

>:( Don't be starting rumors, Gunny. The truth can be bad enough. BellGabbers hate everyone equally.

norland2424

Quote from: paladin1991 on September 26, 2016, 05:06:36 PM
Holy crap, bro!  You're a bro?   I pictured a devilishly handsome blue eyed devil.

I've been saying it for months now, MV is the only black bellgabber.

GravitySucks

Quote from: norland2424 on September 26, 2016, 05:41:14 PM
I've been saying it for months now, MV is the only black bellgabber.

I thought it was Mayate Viejo

GravitySucks

Quote from: norland2424 on September 26, 2016, 05:47:52 PM
Nah thats only jj

Oh yeah. I forgot. There can be only juan.

Daggit

I'll add another voice to wanting Art to do the Halloween show. Kick that bitch out for the night.

someguy

Quote from: mv on September 26, 2016, 01:03:10 PM
Anyway, sorry I took a while to reply.

Thanks.  Sometimes my voice is pretty good, and sometimes I sound like a eunuch.  I think it depends on my T cell count at that time.  I generally can't stomach listening to myself, and I suspect there are others who would agree.

The EVPs I've captured have varied in clarity.  Some are ambiguous and might not even be an EVP at all, and others are inarguably clear and unambiguous.  A few favorites stand out in my mind:

1) While standing over the graves of my great great grandparents, I recorded a voice that asked, "Goin' home?"  The voice can be heard just as I take my first step to walk away, so it's in context with real events.  When I play this one for people, I generally do so without first polluting their impressions with what I hear.  They almost always hear what I do, or some variation of it.

2) While standing over another grave, I captured a voice that simply says, "Hi."  It's one of my favorites because of its clarity and simplicity.

3) One night, my grandmother (now dead) accompanied my friends and me to a cemetery containing the graves of numerous people she actually knew.  One of the dead was a teacher, and for a few moments my grandmother discussed him and his teaching career.  On the recording, while she's talking, you can hear numerous voices, all speaking simultaneously, one of which is a man who uses the word "teach" or "teacher" several times.  Pretty amazing, and since I recorded it myself, I don't question its authenticity.

It's been many years since I hit the cemeteries to do this, and I'm thinking it's about time to do it again.  Perhaps Friday night, as a matter of fact.

go and do it dude. EVPs are genuinely strange

f burbeck

Quote from: Daggit on September 26, 2016, 05:56:17 PM
I'll add another voice to wanting Art to do the Halloween show. Kick that bitch out for the night.

It is arguably the signature show of the year. I understand a self-proclaimed witch, Heather, wishes to do Halloween, but NO ONE CAN DO THAT SHOW LIKE ART BELL. His voice reading of listener-faxed stories and reverence for each caller's story. I listen to the 24hr ghost binge of his past shows and its like a good performance of Shakespeare or Poe. Someone needs to reach him and promote the Halloween Show like it deserves if for no other reason than to save his show.

Robert

Quote from: f burbeck on September 27, 2016, 08:43:51 PMIt is arguably the signature show of the year. I understand a self-proclaimed witch, Heather, wishes to do Halloween, but NO ONE CAN DO THAT SHOW LIKE ART BELL. His voice reading of listener-faxed stories and reverence for each caller's story. I listen to the 24hr ghost binge of his past shows and its like a good performance of Shakespeare or Poe. Someone needs to reach him and promote the Halloween Show like it deserves if for no other reason than to save his show.
Aha!  So you're the shooter!  Start out fielding calls about ghosts, end up as a ghost.  A show to die for.

Seriously, if he does it, and does it from the guest house, it'll mean either the threat has been neutralized, or he didn't believe it to begin with, or he's recalculated his life-death priorities.

LucaParcelli

Quote from: Value Of Pi on September 26, 2016, 03:31:31 PM
It would give a whole new dimension to "dead air." Mostly, you would hear silence or some sort of static. (Unless Luca or someone was doing commentary on the silence and static.)
Great, I downloaded the Spreaker App on my iphone...

It would be fun to head over to a local cemetery and do a "live 20 minute show", and then post the show for everyone to hear... Maybe something would be present...

It might be mostly dead air and a few questions I direct to the spirits...

At least it will be 100% Falkie Free airtime...

f burbeck

Quote from: Robert on September 27, 2016, 09:03:32 PM
Aha!  So you're the shooter!  Start out fielding calls about ghosts, end up as a ghost.  A show to die for.

Seriously, if he does it, and does it from the guest house, it'll mean either the threat has been neutralized, or he didn't believe it to begin with, or he's recalculated his life-death priorities.

Actually, it doesn't take a mad genius to set a clever trap, evacuate with your loved ones, do the show from Heather's, the police nab the nut, and the news publicity get back affiliates and listenership.
The alternative is to remain a victim which is a despicable example for your children.

trostol

Quote from: f burbeck on September 27, 2016, 10:28:23 PM
Actually, it doesn't take a mad genius to set a clever trap, evacuate with your loved ones, do the show from Heather's, the police nab the nut, and the news publicity get back affiliates and listenership.
The alternative is to remain a victim which is a despicable example for your children.

pretty sure his name is a bit tarnished at this point for affiliates or he'd only get ones like hoagland has

ge30542

Quote from: trostol on September 27, 2016, 10:40:35 PM
pretty sure his name is a bit tarnished at this point for affiliates or he'd only get ones like hoagland has
Tarnished?
Why on earth would you say that?

Be sure to keep your subscriptions up to date, he may come back and do some shows at any time

ItsOver

Quote from: f burbeck on September 27, 2016, 08:43:51 PM
... I understand a self-proclaimed witch, Heather, wishes to do Halloween...
A faux host being a faux witch.  I think I'd rather listen to Jorch do his "shecret doors."

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 28, 2016, 05:01:42 AM
Be sure to keep your subscriptions up to date, he may come back and do some shows at any time

Yeah, sure. Pay a premium for a one night standing gig. I would think they'd get more mileage out of announcing ahead of time that Art's coming back for maybe one night a week or even 2 monthly shows but for subscribers only. I wouldn't pay it for so little but I wouldn't trust him anymore after so many cop outs even if he claimed to come back for a 5 night a weeker. Been down that road too many times and it's now too often only a dead end. I sure do miss the old days of a great Art Bell C2C show. Lost so much sleep over him.

HEY ART,

PLS DO THE HALLOWEEN SHOW

IT WOULD BE FUCKING GRAND.  8)

MV/Liberace!

Hey Art... do a Halloween show on The GabCast.

Win!

Quote from: mv on September 28, 2016, 02:46:31 PM

Win!

He doesn't have the stones.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: rekcuf on September 28, 2016, 02:49:22 PM
He doesn't have the stones.

Hey, I can run the board, turn the knobs... just like Falkie2013's appearance.

Quote from: mv on September 28, 2016, 02:52:43 PM
Hey, I can run the board, turn the knobs... just like Falkie2013's appearance.

Even so, he won't show. It's not in his nature. He'd have to make a 'quick' trip to the 7/11 for smokes...

...And now we know the rest of the story.

I'm rekcuf Harvey, Goood day!

f burbeck

Quote from: mv on September 28, 2016, 02:46:31 PM

Win!

That would actually be a brilliant move on his part on so many levels, but unfortunately humans like to fuck things up.

ItsOver

Quote from: rekcuf on September 28, 2016, 02:57:08 PM
Even so, he won't show. It's not in his nature. He'd have to make a 'quick' trip to the 7/11 for smokes...
Daddy?  Is daddy home, yet?

paladin1991

Quote from: ItsOver on September 28, 2016, 04:42:19 PM
Daddy?  Is daddy home, yet?

Why?  Ready for another Crisco kiss fm daddy?

henge0stone

anyone know if art is out of the hospital yet or how he's doing? His health updates looked pretty bad but it was months ago.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-hospital-update/

GravitySucks

Quote from: henge0stone on September 28, 2016, 05:16:00 PM
anyone know if art is out of the hospital yet or how he's doing? His health updates looked pretty bad but it was months ago.

http://midnightinthedesert.com/art-bell-hospital-update/

I haven't listened to the shows this week, but last week Heather told a caller that he was doing well and almost back to normal. I guess normal is subjective - he still has to deal with COPD, but evidently the pneumonia is taken care of.

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 28, 2016, 05:19:49 PM
... last week Heather told a caller that he was doing well and almost back to normal. I guess normal is subjective - he still has to deal with COPD, but evidently the pneumonia is taken care of.

I'm sure he'll need some attention again before too long.

trostol

Quote from: Paper*Boy on September 28, 2016, 06:10:22 PM
I'm sure he'll need some attention again before too long.

he'll dangle the Halloween show as a carrot then something will happen

ItsOver

Quote from: trostol on September 28, 2016, 07:07:30 PM
he'll dangle the Halloween show as a carrot then something will happen
The old Bell tease.