• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

PathoJen

Quote from: Art Bell on March 20, 2015, 10:30:40 PM
I have seen a couple of things that did not look like they came from our Planet.

My PR-40 Mic was given to me by Bob, yes I use a switch.

The Chase is just music and anybody can use it.

Come on July

Art

Thanks Art. I think I'll use it for my Youtube video. kidding.

PathoJen

Quote from: Zoxo on March 20, 2015, 10:41:12 PM
Art, if you can't tell us the Ouija board story... can you tell us about your thoughts on the boards at all?

If Art ever decided to tell us the Ouija board story, it would break the internet.

jazmunda

Hopefully the Ouija Board story is revealed in the finale. :P

We've invested all this time in this series for the writers not to throw us a bone. ;)

zeebo

Quote from: PathoJen on March 20, 2015, 10:44:26 PM
Do tell.

Thanks for taking an interest but this thread is probably not the proper place to discuss.  I'll PM you.  In any case I think it would make a great topic for Art's show.

PathoJen

Quote from: zeebo on March 20, 2015, 10:51:52 PM
Thanks for taking an interest but this thread is probably not the proper place to discuss.  I'll PM you.  In any case I think it would make a great topic for Art's show.

agree! And yes, I am very interested in your story.

nextgen.fm

I can't take all this excitement!

morgana213

Quote from: zeebo on March 20, 2015, 10:41:59 PM
My experiences with ouija boards utterly convinced me of a spirit world.  And I'm a borderline athiest.  So yeah, I'm confused.
I'm not an atheist, probably more agnostic.  To me, there is just something that isn't right about the Ouija.  The one my sister had many, many years ago threatened me.  What it threatened hasn't come to pass, but it was enough for me to stay far away from playing with it again. I guess I respected what it said enough to not tempt fate...

nextgen.fm

throw your ouija board into the woods and never touch it again!

jazmunda

Quote from: jazmunda on March 20, 2015, 10:50:03 PM

We've invested all this time in this series for the writers not to throw us a bone. ;)

Spoiler Alert: Art's Ouija Board is really Dave.

I did not see that coming.

morgana213

Quote from: nextgen.fm on March 20, 2015, 11:18:01 PM
throw your ouija board into the woods and never touch it again!
My mom placed it in a burning barrel, poured salt over it and burned it.  It was never discussed again...

WhiteCrow

Quote from: zeebo on March 20, 2015, 10:41:59 PM
My experiences with ouija boards utterly convinced me of a spirit world.  And I'm a borderline athiest.  So yeah, I'm confused.

Recently watched the TV show Brain Games, they had an episode that showed how a Ouija board works and also debunked them.
Let us know if, after watching the show, you are no longer confused about the borderline atheist, thingie?

Do You Believe?

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on March 20, 2015, 11:22:08 PM
Spoiler Alert: Art's Ouija Board is really Dave.

I did not see that coming.

Reported for possibly reminding Dave to hype up doing a ouiji board experiment on air again.
Which really, how the hell would that work "hi spirit from beyond, how are yewwww??"

HK-50

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 20, 2015, 11:34:32 PM
"hi spirit from beyond, how are yewwww??"

Followed by an awkward silence and then "I guess he hung up..."

jazmunda

Quote from: SaucyRossy on March 20, 2015, 11:34:32 PM
Reported for possibly reminding Dave to hype up doing a ouiji board experiment on air again.
Which really, how the hell would that work "hi spirit from beyond, how are yewwww??"

It was that farce of a show that cemented my decision to stop listening to Noory. I was already an infrequent listener and I am convinced that he was never going to do the experiment live nor would he have ever been allowed to do it live on a nationally syndicated show.

It was a farce to begin with and then pretending that he had an eleventh hour change of heart was the straw that broke the camels back. I have not listened to a show of his since and am coming up on 8 years Noory free.

rzr1911

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 20, 2015, 11:31:16 PM

Recently watched the TV show Brain Games, they had an episode that showed how a Ouija board works and also debunked them.
Let us know if, after watching the show, you are no longer confused about the borderline atheist, thingie?
Did I mention that atheists are morons? You should at least convert to being agnostic.

As for pre-72 music, I consider it a BLESSING that Art can't play it, hehe.
How long do you want to hear the same old?

jazmunda

Quote from: HK-50 on March 20, 2015, 11:40:40 PM

You sir win this section of the internet today. Please wash it before use.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: morgana213 on March 20, 2015, 11:14:17 PM
I'm not an atheist, probably more agnostic.  To me, there is just something that isn't right about the Ouija.  The one my sister had many, many years ago threatened me.  What it threatened hasn't come to pass, but it was enough for me to stay far away from playing with it again. I guess I respected what it said enough to not tempt fate...

I sure none of you follow my posts closely, but as I posted before, my parents are Paranormal du jour, and I'm a play-along skeptic.
When I was a teenager my Parents home was the wacky place for friends and oddies to gather.

A Ouija board for me, was just another way to get girls.
No no, I'm not pushing it, really I'm not. It sez you like me.
Nice, let me read your palm.

PathoJen

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 20, 2015, 11:31:16 PM

Do You Believe?

That's a fancy Ouija Table!

PathoJen

Quote from: jazmunda on March 20, 2015, 11:45:54 PM
It was that farce of a show that cemented my decision to stop listening to Noory. I was already an infrequent listener and I am convinced that he was never going to do the experiment live nor would he have ever been allowed to do it live on a nationally syndicated show.

It was a farce to begin with and then pretending that he had an eleventh hour change of heart was the straw that broke the camels back. I have not listened to a show of his since and am coming up on 8 years Noory free.

Oh ya, I nearly forgot about that.

jazmunda

Quote from: PathoJen on March 20, 2015, 11:53:25 PM
Oh ya, I nearly forgot about that.

And that Rosemary Ellen Guilly obviously wasn't in on the plan because she was pushing him to do the experiment the whole show until he pulled the plugged and then she was kissing Dave's ass and telling him what a wise move it was. The whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth.

morgana213

Quote from: WhiteCrow on March 20, 2015, 11:50:11 PM
I sure none of you follow my posts closely, but as I posted before, my parents are Paranormal du jour, and I'm a play-along skeptic.
When I was a teenager my Parents home was the wacky place for friends and oddies to gather.

A Ouija board for me, was just another way to get girls.
No no, I'm not pushing it, really I'm not. It sez you like me.
Nice, let me read your palm.
That would have been an interesting way to grow up.  Using it to get girls is funny.  I'll bet it worked!  Thanks for sharing.   :) 

morgana213

Quote from: jazmunda on March 20, 2015, 11:57:44 PM
And that Rosemary Ellen Guilly obviously wasn't in on the plan because she was pushing him to do the experiment the whole show until he pulled the plugged and then she was kissing Dave's ass and telling him what a wise move it was. The whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth.
I remember Dave talking about that with her.  I started listening to SIT around then and realized I wanted to hear Art! 

PathoJen

Quote from: jazmunda on March 20, 2015, 11:57:44 PM
Oh that's right! Thanks for reminding me, jazmunda, I'm aggrevated about it all over again. That was ridic.

morgana213

Quote from: PathoJen on March 20, 2015, 11:50:54 PM
That's a fancy Ouija Table!
I noticed that too.  Purdy but Deadly!!! (or not).  Stay tuned....

Quote from: jazmunda on March 20, 2015, 11:45:54 PM
... I have not listened to a show of his since and am coming up on 8 years Noory free.

Reported

ks3484

Quote from: Art Bell on March 20, 2015, 07:34:35 PM
IHateArt Radio can afford a hundred Million Dollar Lawsuit I am sure, play on Boys And Girls. I think we will play it safer. This will one day get worked out and pre 72 stuff will get included. For now it looks like they are going after the big boys. I am fine with that.

Art

The latest numbers that I've seen shows that they're revenue is at about $6.3 billion for their previous period ending 2014. They have leveraged over $680 million to buy a number of radio stations. They're at about 1500 stations. I believe I read that they have $400 million in payments due later this year.

Quote from: jazmunda on March 20, 2015, 10:50:03 PM

Yes. I really would like to hear that story. But it should be on  a Halloween or the finale as suggested.

I was listening to the monsters open line show last night, it was awesome. I Can't wait until art comes back in July or August or whenever. Miss those live shows!

How many of you would, if you had the chance, keep a Bobcat as a pet? Art, would you be brave enough?

Nick el Ass

Quote from: HK-50 on March 20, 2015, 11:40:40 PM

My guess is the ghost of Coast to Coast Am would come through, and can guarantee that if it did Dave would insist the line had some static... and cut to UFO Phil while Tommy runs out to get the suckmobile running.

WOTR

Quote from: Art Bell on March 20, 2015, 04:40:13 PM
The music industry is just a mess of greedy, sleazy corporations and individuals.

Art
Fixed it for you.