• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

sydtron

Quote from: MV on March 20, 2015, 07:05:20 PM
i don't think they'd want me out there.  i'd just stare at art awkwardly the whole time.

I can see it now... *staring awkwardly*  " HOMINA HOMINA HOMINA HOMINA!!!!"

Bahahaha

SaucyRossy

I am so down for whatever is about to happen post '72.

Gonna pop open a bag o pizza rolls.

zeebo

Quote from: bateman on March 20, 2015, 05:13:20 PM
FortRock, don't ever change.

Hmm not sure if you can give such an order ... What's your rank in the scorpion army?

Art Bell

IHateArt Radio can afford a hundred Million Dollar Lawsuit I am sure, play on Boys And Girls. I think we will play it safer. This will one day get worked out and pre 72 stuff will get included. For now it looks like they are going after the big boys. I am fine with that.

Art

Skunk Ape

Hey Art, when did you decided to use the pro studio mic on your ham rig? I'm sure you have an in-line switch to key down. It's all pretty interesting. I've studied a few time to get my license but just have been too lazy to take the test, until then I'll cruise SSB as I'm more than able to get out to Ireland from here in Georgia. Even heard Australia a few times, just haven't had my numbers called as of yet.
73s

zeebo

Art could play bumpers of Kenny G's greatest hits interpreted on the kazoo and I'll still listen.

ks3484

Quote from: Art Bell on March 20, 2015, 04:57:56 PM
No it's not a deal breaker at all. Plenty we can use and we will add new stuff as well, no big deal. A few heartbreakers for sure but we can ask the record labels one at a time for those.

Art

Hey Art, don't forget the
Statler Brothers (Flowers On The Wall). I think it's great that your three requirements are coming together. I believe they are - 1( the 9pm-5am12am time slot, 2) the worldwide audience reach, and 3) the music that you have used, or are using to define your worldwide late night show.

most excellent!!

ks3484

Hey Art, have you considered having a second part to the show? Having someone to take up the torch that you light in the night through til daylight?

edit:

laserjock

Mr. Art, I'd like to formally request playing some Dire Straits and Yes (and it doesn't need to be their biggest hits).  Calling Elvis is a good one, and Love will Find a Way is another.  Those songs fire me up.  Yes's Cinema also fires things up big time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAqOeXUCeI0  It would be an awesome song to open the show with.

PathoJen

sorry if you've already covered this, guys, but can Art use The Chase? Isn't that still the Coast theme song? I know Art was the person who originally made it the C2C theme song, however, Premier seems attempt to sabotage all things Art, what makes us think they will roll over if Art's new show uses this song too?

Art Bell

We have a music thread please put what u like there and I will listen to all.

Art

aldousburbank

Quote from: Art Bell on March 20, 2015, 08:48:33 PM
We have a music thread please put what u like there and I will listen to all.

Art
Yeah guys, do like the man sez.

morgana213

Hey Art,

Do you ever see things in the desert night sky that you can't explain, i.e., lights that move in an odd manner, etc.?  Seems like the desert would be the perfect place to watch the skies. 

Thanks!

coaster

I'm not at all familiar with today's music. More of a classic rock guy myself. But I loved the original bumper music. And I really hope you use Cusco again. That music always set the vibe for the show.

popple

Art Bell is my favourite unofficial BellGab moderator 8)

morgana213

Quote from: popple on March 20, 2015, 09:20:28 PM
+1

ks3484

Quote from: ks3484 on March 20, 2015, 07:52:47 PM
Hey Art, I think it's great that absent all three requirements of your deal breakers are coming together. I believe they are - 1( the 9pm-5am12am time slot M-F, 2) the worldwide audience reach, and 3) the music that you have used, or are using to define your worldwide late night show.

most excellent!!
edit:

Hey Art, have you considered having a second part to the show? Having someone to take up the torch that you light in the night through til daylight?

edit:

Gemstone

Mine too

jazmunda

When are the next BellGab elctions?

#teamartbell #notjustforsetiathome

SaucyRossy

Quote from: jazmunda on March 20, 2015, 09:45:09 PM
When are the next BellGab elctions?

#teamartbell #notjustforsetiathome

#keepyoursetiouttamybedroom

Art Bell

I have seen a couple of things that did not look like they came from our Planet.

My PR-40 Mic was given to me by Bob, yes I use a switch.

The Chase is just music and anybody can use it.

Come on July

Art

IcicleTrepan

Quote from: Art Bell on March 20, 2015, 10:30:40 PM
I have seen a couple of things that did not look like they came from our Planet.

Come on July

Art

Will you ever tell us the ouija board story Art :)

Zoxo

Quote from: Art Bell on March 20, 2015, 10:30:40 PM

Come on July

Art

c'mon July!!!!! Bring on the white puffy clouds!!

SaucyRossy

My uncle is a priest and has emphatically told me multiple times to never use a ouiji board. Also, he and many other priests have listened to your interviews with Father Malachai Martin (they still send shivers down my spine to this day).

Zoxo

Quote from: IcicleTrepan on March 20, 2015, 10:33:09 PM
Will you ever tell us the ouija board story Art :)

Art, if you can't tell us the Ouija board story... can you tell us about your thoughts on the boards at all?

zeebo

My experiences with ouija boards utterly convinced me of a spirit world.  And I'm a borderline athiest.  So yeah, I'm confused.

zeebo

Quote from: Zoxo on March 20, 2015, 10:41:12 PM
Art, if you can't tell us the Ouija board story... can you tell us about your thoughts on the boards at all?

Perhaps Art would rather save this topic for a future MITD.  Could make for a great show.

PathoJen

Quote from: zeebo on March 20, 2015, 10:41:59 PM
My experiences with ouija boards utterly convinced me of a spirit world.  And I'm a borderline athiest.  So yeah, I'm confused.

Do tell.