• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Morgus

Quote from: rangerdavid on February 01, 2014, 02:25:39 PM
wonder why John B. Wells didn't have a non-compete?  he's going to be doing a show on his site.
probably because Wells fully completed his 2 year contract.
He didn't quit before the contract with PremRat was up, so no need for a non-compete penalty.

wr250

Quote from: rangerdavid on February 01, 2014, 02:25:39 PM
wonder why John B. Wells didn't have a non-compete?  he's going to be doing a show on his site.

he might have had one. now they let him go, probably his contract was up .

NowhereInTime

I guess P*B is right about me being delusional, but I really thought Art's FB posting would've generated some buzz on this board!! 

I may be naive, but I think he will give the internet show a legitimate chance to work (you know he'll spend time brushing up on the latest in internet radio operations so he's out of the gate stong).
I took a tour at CTSB two years back and was amazed by the board ops and what can be done with an internet show.  With a broadcast pioneer like Art taking this on, this will be AMAZING!!!

I don't think there is much buzz from the posting since it was not much of an update.

George Drooly

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 01, 2014, 02:47:17 PMMY two worries are
1.) Art's health
2.) Keith's ability to provide a stable steam.

Cranberry juice solves both of those problems

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on February 01, 2014, 08:07:42 PM
I don't think there is much buzz from the posting since it was not much of an update.

NO but at least we know hes still intrested in doing a show.

On SIT (2001) tonight, Art was asking about cruise ships and the Norovirus.

Just this week, two cruise ships had a Norovirus outbreak and was required quarantine of passengers. On one ship, the virus hit more than 600 people.

During the SIT show Art hinted (arted?) that a cruise ship would be the perfect place to test a biological weapon.

jazmunda

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 01, 2014, 11:43:44 PM
On SIT (2001) tonight, Art was asking about cruise ships and the Norovirus.

Just this week, two cruise ships had a Norovirus outbreak and was required quarantine of passengers. On one ship, the virus hit more than 600 people.

During the SIT show Art hinted (arted?) that a cruise ship would be the perfect place to test a biological weapon.

Having listened to a lot of classic shows that are 15 or 20 years old a lot of the topics are still relevant today.

Dang this is a rare SIT show that I already have in my collection.

popple

Whoa! History repeating itself.

Lunger

Quote from: NowhereInTime on February 01, 2014, 06:30:29 PM
I guess P*B is right about me being delusional, but I really thought Art's FB posting would've generated some buzz on this board!! 

I may be naive, but I think he will give the internet show a legitimate chance to work (you know he'll spend time brushing up on the latest in internet radio operations so he's out of the gate stong).
I took a tour at CTSB two years back and was amazed by the board ops and what can be done with an internet show.  With a broadcast pioneer like Art taking this on, this will be AMAZING!!!

Looking forward to Art over the internet as well, but how long is his non-compete?

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on February 01, 2014, 08:07:42 PM

The Bell family in good health was good news to me.

ItsOver

Quote from: Lunger on February 02, 2014, 07:56:14 AM
Looking forward to Art over the internet as well, but how long is his non-compete?

Two years. 

LW

I didn't think that Wells was the best host for the paranormal, however it's good to seeing he is going to do a program that he is good at, that being conspiracy.

He wasn't too happy with Coast nor did he like George, they mocked him pretty good.

Check out his interview with Sean

http://12160.info/video/sean-david-morton-john-b-wells-30-jan-2014?xg_source=activity

LW

Art, two years really?

Why don't you move to the Philippines and start a show there. The non compete doesn't carry over to another country does it?

Quote from: LW on February 02, 2014, 11:55:07 AM
I didn't think that Wells was the best host for the paranormal, however it's good to seeing he is going to do a program that he is good at, that being conspiracy.

He wasn't too happy with Coast nor did he like George, they mocked him pretty good.

Check out his interview with Sean

http://12160.info/video/sean-david-morton-john-b-wells-30-jan-2014?xg_source=activity

The honesty that John Wells expressed on this interview was pretty darn cool, and it did make me respect him a lot more

I swear to this, I have said it before and I am going to say it again, the Art Bell and John Wells fans, regardless of political disagreements, now have a lot more in common than they ever thought they would

I think that little sneaking admission that ratings were better on Saturday than they were all five other days of the week shows us exactly why John Wells is gone, and shows us why Noores worked behind the scenes with Sirius radio to screw Art Bell and take his rerun timeslot away..

LW

That was pretty telling, there were more listeners on Saturday night than all five weeknights added together.

I can't believe that they gave norrey a extended contract.

I think your right about bell fans and wells fans having something in common.

bateman

Quote from: HorrorReporter on February 02, 2014, 12:53:04 PM
The honesty that John Wells expressed on this interview was pretty darn cool, and it did make me respect him a lot more

I swear to this, I have said it before and I am going to say it again, the Art Bell and John Wells fans, regardless of political disagreements, now have a lot more in common than they ever thought they would

I think that little sneaking admission that ratings were better on Saturday than they were all five other days of the week shows us exactly why John Wells is gone, and shows us why Noores worked behind the scenes with Sirius radio to screw Art Bell and take his rerun timeslot away..

Hmmm. Entirely possible. I do know that other hosts tend to be careful not to allow better hosts fill in for them.

Quote from: nooryisawesome on February 01, 2014, 09:18:20 PM
NO but at least we know hes still intrested in doing a show.
I hope you are right...a lot can change in 2 years as we all know.

jazmunda

Quote from: For Whom the Bell Tolls on February 02, 2014, 03:28:32 PM
I hope you are right...a lot can change in 2 years as we all know.

A lot can change in 6 weeks as we all know.

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: LW on February 02, 2014, 11:55:07 AM

Thanks for that link.
I had no idea.
I will keep tuned.
That took IQ and wisdom from age.
Mel's hole was shallow in comparison.

ItsOver

Quote from: jazmunda on February 02, 2014, 03:36:07 PM
A lot can change in 6 weeks as we all know.
Like from "the wonder of ET radio" to "these clowns can't even stream."  ::)  We're all in, baby.

Quote from: ItsOver on February 02, 2014, 05:06:48 PM
Like from "the wonder of ET radio" to "these clowns can't even stream."  ::)  We're all in, baby.

Exactly

jazmunda

Another comment from Art:

"Well I think I know exactly who is behind all this and when you see my choice of time slots for the new show it will be obvious. As far as the Studio is concerned I can have it together in a Week. My Health save my back is just spiffy. If you look at how this all came down it seems plain to me."

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on February 02, 2014, 10:45:51 PM

"Well I think I know exactly who is behind all this and when you see my choice of time slots for the new show it will be obvious. As far as the Studio is concerned I can have it together in a Week. My Health save my back is just spiffy. If you look at how this all came down it seems plain to me."

Well that sounds like 1-5am to me...

SheilaVG

So what ever happened to the rumor that he was coming back to free radio? Did he ever or is he still with Sirius or some place like that?

jazmunda

Quote from: SheilaVG on February 02, 2014, 11:31:06 PM
So what ever happened to the rumor that he was coming back to free radio? Did he ever or is he still with Sirius or some place like that?

Start here:

http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5069.0

The good stuff starts on page 7.

It would be a very funny read if it wasn't so slit-your-wrists depressing.

To cut a long story short. Art came back from the dead. He chose Sirius and subscription radio over terrestrial radio. He quit after 6 weeks. He's locked into another non-compete. Bellgab exploded. Hilarity ensued. We are the only survivors. We still eat our own. SAVE US!

eeieeyeoh

Quote from: jazmunda on February 02, 2014, 11:36:47 PM
... page 7.

I remember reading page 7, but don't remember when I first wrote. Later I decided that I couldn't review all the threads, Mom nature called, so the first insertion had to be done w/care. Beats me when that happened.

Necessary sleep becomes a factor too.

Pretty awesome this being an international stage of inverse war.

Morgus

Quote from: SheilaVG on February 02, 2014, 11:31:06 PM
He is in limbo until Oct 2015

Scully

Quote from: jazmunda on February 02, 2014, 10:45:51 PM

Where did this quote come from, Jaz?  I can't find it on Facebook. Spill your sources, Man.  ???