• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Lunger

I finally caught the first hour with Jim Marrs. 

What a fiasco!

That Idiot Noory spent most of the time interrupting or trying to talk over Marrs with moronic non sequiturs that any type of cadence was lost.

That type of thing makes listening unbearable.

Marrs finally had to tell TIN to allow him to finish.

TIN has no fucking idea how to do an interview. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on May 11, 2011, 05:19:41 AM
Last night the live chat took place.  It's supposed to be a half hour with George Noory answering typed questions coming in from listeners.  He brought "Tommy" with him and announced that he would do the first 15 minutes and then Tom Danheiser would take over and answer listeners questions.  Awkward! 

Noory could not stand to hear Tom answer the questions and kept telling him what to say.  A listener asked if the callers were screened and Tom said yes.  Noory interrupted and said, "Tell them I don't know what the subject will be, though." 

Doofus!

11angeleyes11

I did not participate in the chat last nite at all, did not even log in, but when I want to see a video chat, I want thirty minuties of uninterrupted viewing.  That is give George the floor or screen, please. 

Now, I learned something that I did not think about before.  Obama rhymes with Osama.  Of all of the names in the history of the universe there is a great sense of duality here.  For instance, Obama lies lotta, and Osama bin Ladin. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on May 11, 2011, 11:42:26 AM
Now, I learned something that I did not think about before.  Obama rhymes with Osama.  Of all of the names in the history of the universe there is a great sense of duality here.  For instance, Obama lies lotta, and Osama bin Ladin.

Yeah well, what about BHO's middle name?

Lunger

I did not participate in the chat last nite at all, did not even log in, but when I want to see a video chat, I want thirty minuties of uninterrupted viewing.  That is give George the floor or screen, please. 

Obama Bin Lyin

anagrammy

Jon Stewart did a hilarious bit on the names Obama/Osama AND Ladin/Biden, he said, what are the chances?  IT's a broadcaster's nightmare!

Ana

Quote from: anagrammy on May 11, 2011, 03:16:37 PM
Jon Stewart did a hilarious bit on the names Obama/Osama AND Ladin/Biden, he said, what are the chances?  IT's a broadcaster's nightmare!

Ana

I especially liked his almost full "quarter" jar.    ;D

aldousburbank

Quote from: Coasted2astop on May 10, 2011, 08:34:44 AM
Bob Crane needs to make a special radio for listening to George. It would need to be padded to protect the radio from damage by knocking it off the table or heaving it across the room and to soften the blow from and to the listener's hand. Being mobile this way, rechargeable, impact resistant and light-weight would be good features also.

You know what?  This is such a great idea that it's sad. 

I read on a recent post about someone tuning in just because they so love to hate George.  It's exactly like that for me!  But lately it's been more fun, because instead of just wanting to hurt the voice on my radio, I think of all of you who are listening and can't believe how fucking stupid the guy sounds.  It makes it funny knowing I am not alone.  I think of Anagrammy wincing and justonefix taking a shot, instead of being angry when he says some nerf brained crap.  Are we sure George Noory isn't Phil Hendrie?  I mean this is a spoof of a real radio show now, isn't it?

Anyway, thanks for knowing that George sucks along with me, for the 3 minutes I can listen to him when I wake up in the middle of the night.

Osama may be dead, but George Noory still sucks!

starrmtn001

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 10, 2011, 10:45:36 AM
Personal boast here, not really thread related, but my chess playing 7 year-old son just took 10th place in state in his category.  Bring it!

Interesting.  I just watched "Searching For Bobby Fischer" two days ago.  Excellent movie!  I'm guessing you have seen it already, but if not, watch it.   I'm betting you and your son will thoroughly enjoy it.

Back to topic:  george noory SUCKS!

I know I keep saying it, but Jesus Christ I turn on C2C and yes it's another vitamin discussion. It struck me during yesterday's show,about the time George was asking about Al Capones favorite recipes, he is going after the 7 to 25 demographic.

No that's not age, that's number of cats owned by listener.

Quote from: Peenman Enterprises on May 12, 2011, 03:43:23 AM
he is going after the 7 to 25 demographic.

No that's not age, that's number of cats owned by listener.

HAHAhahahahahahahahahahaha.........................Oh, wait......................

Mitzy, Buttons, Mittens, Poopsey, Momsey, and Lily........................Whew!      ;)

valdez

Quote from: anagrammy on May 11, 2011, 05:19:41 AM
Last night the live chat took place.  It's supposed to be a half hour with George Noory answering typed questions coming in from listeners.  He brought "Tommy" with him and announced that he would do the first 15 minutes and then Tom Danheiser would take over and answer listeners questions.  Awkward! 

Noory could not stand to hear Tom answer the questions and kept telling him what to say.  A listener asked if the callers were screened and Tom said yes.  Noory interrupted and said, "Tell them I don't know what the subject will be, though." 

One listener asked what George thought about all the forums that don't like Noory.  George said he used to engage them via email but not any more.  He said for each "hater" there are hundreds of fans who love the show, so why should he pay attention to them?  Someone asked how many listeners they had and the answer was three million.

Anagrammy

Facinating.

Quote from: Peenman Enterprises on May 12, 2011, 03:43:23 AM
I know I keep saying it, but Jesus Christ I turn on C2C and yes it's another vitamin discussion...

I thought the same thing, but Julia Schopick was actually kind of interesting, or at least her personality carried things along.  A cameo appearance by Mrs. R.C. Hoagland, who calls herself Robin Falkov.  She seemed...normal.

JustOneFix

I heard the vitamin show last night as well, and I thought it sucked. Reminds me of those Sunday morning informercials that air between church services and farm report shows on small town AM radio stations.

Weirdoradio

In my market, the radio station replays the last hour of the night before at midnight EST before starting the show at 1 am. I've been going to bed hearing the worst open lines ever this week.

Most of them consist of callers asking George to keep them on their prayer list and to think of them, and then at one point during the first hour last night (the last hour of Wednesday morning's show, technically) he had a caller whose mother had blood cancer, and he was suggesting different roots to take. He then confused the names of Osama/Obama and also managed to go to the wrong caller, all in the space of 5 minutes.

Years ago, I used to be so amazed that George could remember all of the different station call letters when callers tell him where they live. Now I realize what a joke it is when he has a call screener and a producer probably looking up the information and feeding it to him.

I lust after a competent overnight show with subject matter that interests me. "Was it angels?" No, it was suckitude.

valdez

Somewhere in his past George learned the "write down all your questions, ask them quickly, and, for God's sake, don't be distracted by the answers" style of interviewing, and he's convinced there's no other way to do it.  When psychiatrist Carole Lieberman, who was on to talk about phobias, mentioned that she had spent the turning of the millennium in a south american jungle with five shamans, that would have been the moment to throw away the index cards. George didn't even blink.
     Later, Mark Dice spoke about our present "Orwellian" nightmare, and George said that he was 38 when the novel, 1984, was released.  Everyone and their monkey knows that it was released in 1948 (Orwell just turned the numbers around.  Dice said it was 1949.  Close enough.), that would make George 101 years old, and in all that time, it seems, based on his silence, and desire to change the subject whenever parts of the book were mentioned, that he never got around to reading it.
     Something else that bugged me.  At one point they were talking about Oliver Stone, and his movie, World Trade Center, and Dice was really upset that Stone didn't make it a conspiracy flick, and George says, "maybe no one advised him."   Now, say what you will about Oliver Stone, but the guy is an artist, and artist usually do what they want without too much need for "advisors", but, maybe, in George's head, advisors are really important.  I don't know.  I thought it was odd.

1984_01 
Oh, brother.

I finally reached my breaking point. My stream link subscription ended this week. I decided to vote with my pocket book, and not renew.

Until Noory reduces his hours, or leaves entirely I'm going to find other outlets.

New to me is Kevin Smith (http://kevinsmithshow.com/), you can listen to his show at 10pm (EST) via the Internet. Lots of similar C2C topics, UFOs, paranormal topics.  I've only listened briefly to him. Although he is no Art Bell, he is also no George Noory... if you know what I mean.

The only solace is that I found so many people, at sites like this, who absolutely hate George Noory. That alone gave me hope in the human race.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Labrador Retriever on May 13, 2011, 08:29:34 AM
I finally reached my breaking point. My stream link subscription ended this week. I decided to vote with my pocket book, and not renew.

Please consider sending Lisa Lyons a cancellation letter.

fysisist

Quote from: Labrador Retriever on May 13, 2011, 08:29:34 AM
New to me is Kevin Smith (http://kevinsmithshow.com/), you can listen to his show at 10pm (EST) via the Internet. Lots of similar C2C topics, UFOs, paranormal topics.  I've only listened briefly to him. Although he is no Art Bell, he is also no George Noory... if you know what I mean.

You can also listen to podcasts of some older Kevin Smith shows.  I can't find the links right now because I'm at work and they firewall out anything that contains streaming content.  I've listened so several of his shows, I enjoyed his work.  If you like podcasts, you can access the last 5 yrs of the Paracast on iTunes.  That is a wealth of shows, took me roughly 18 months to work my way through all of that.  I particularly like one of the early shows where the hosts went after Bill Knell.  A classic.  And that is all free content.  Mysterious Universe is also pretty good, more of an entertainment angle to that show.  Binnall of America is another.  Several alternatives out there to the clown Noory. 

perry

Hi everyone.

I'm new here, and wow - I can't believe it has taken me this long to discover this place!

After enduring George Snoory's end times/new age bullshit for years, I, like many on this forum, cancelled my subscription to the program.  Even though I will still be tuning in, I just couldn't justify sending the new folks at C2C my $7 which, ultimately, is used to fund the butchery of a once great show.

A few nights ago, while listening to what I like to call a 'streaming abortion', I searched the Internet for a place where I could listen to the old shows hosted by Art Bell back when C2C wasn't a radio version of Miss Cleo.  That's when I stumbled onto this forum, and its oh so refreshing feed.

Unlike a lot of the members here, I also loathe Ian Punnet.  Personally, I think the guy sucks.  Let me rephrase that - I think the guy REALLY fucking sucks.  If he happened to be my first impression of C2C, I wouldn't have listened to the show ever again.

George Knapp, on the other hand, is an absolute pleasure to listen to.  He is, in my opinion, the only host who most closely continues the legacy the great Art Bell left behind.  I would gladly renew my subscription as a Coast Insider and support C2C with my hard earned $$ if ever he was given the reigns.

All that said, and as heartbreaking as it has been after years of witnessing the bastardization of a show I once considered "can't miss entertainment," I am surprisingly more than content with getting my fix from coastgab's feed.

I really look forward to chatting with all of you!  The creators of this site, and those who contribute to these forums, have made this once loyal C2C fan a very happy man.

Perry

aldousburbank

I felt the same way when I found this forum.  I still recognize that Noory is the Mel's Hole of suckage, but I hate him less and laugh more now.  Welcome to the gab!

fysisist

I found a reference to this site from the_wanderer on the georges_email thread:

http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/celebritytalentbios/George-Noory

It will make you ill.  Here's the last paragraph:

"Over the Christmas season in 2003, Noory reportedly time traveled (Remote Viewed) to the past. He shared his supposed experiences on the air on January 5, 2004. He claimed to have tried to travel back to the Dark Ages and the Roswell UFO incident. He reported that the Roswell experiment was a success. Noory apparently viewed a UFO sighting at a hospital run by a convent outside of Roswell, New Mexico in the 1940s. Noory has over 30 years of broadcasting experience and has won three Emmy awards".

If in fact the clown Noory has won any Emmy awards, I could find no reference to them on the Emmy website, but who knows.  Maybe they have a category for radio cretin.  And I apologize if this is just re-hashing old news in the thread. 

aldousburbank

Quote from: fysisist on May 13, 2011, 01:36:32 PM
If in fact the clown Noory has won any Emmy awards, I could find no reference to them on the Emmy website, but who knows.  Maybe they have a category for radio cretin.  And I apologize if this is just re-hashing old news in the thread.

I think it was his mustache that won an Emmy actually, for a made for TV horror flick- "The Idiot That Moved To Los Angeles"

fysisist

Quote from: perry on May 13, 2011, 01:08:33 PM

Unlike a lot of the members here, I also loathe Ian Punnet.  Personally, I think the guy sucks.  Let me rephrase that - I think the guy REALLY fucking sucks.  If he happened to be my first impression of C2C, I wouldn't have listened to the show ever again.

George Knapp, on the other hand, is an absolute pleasure to listen to.  He is, in my opinion, the only host who most closely continues the legacy the great Art Bell left behind.  I would gladly renew my subscription as a Coast Insider and support C2C with my hard earned $$ if ever he was given the reigns.

When I first heard IP, I liked him, but then again after listening to Noory, anything is a breath of fresh air.  But after listening to him for a couple months or so, his style really began to wear on me.  He likes to play the "why" game.  For every statement made, he responds, "why do you say that, think that, feel that.... etc, etc".  Particularly with the open lines callers.  Gets pretty irritating after awhile.  I'm with you on GK, I really do enjoy his shows for the most part.  I'm not all that interested in the plight of the wild horses but everybody needs a flag of some sort to rally round. 

Sleepwalker

I was a Streamlink member several years ago.  At the time, your Streamlink membership included access to a forum entitled "Coastriders."  As I recall, some of the members posted numerous . . . unflattering comments about the host and some of the topics.  Without warning, the forum was discontinued.  No explanation.

How's that for a radio show that claims to be the place people come to seek the "truth."  The "truth" is what they say it is.   If you question "the truth," you will be silenced.  Even if you did pay money (Streamlink dues) for access to the forums.  In my opinion, Coast is beginning to resemble a cult.  Last week, while they were in a feeding frenzy about the "Bin Laden is Dead Fairytale," a listener ended his call by saying, "I'll be watching your back, I know you're watching mine."

Many of the listeners, at least the ones the call screeners let through, appear to believe Coast gives them the "truth" about the lies the evil Bush and Obama administrations (controlled by the Bildebergers and Illuminati) are telling us.  They believe they're part of a "family" of truth seekers, looking out for one another.

Truth?  I think most of them are delusional.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Sleepwalker on May 13, 2011, 03:16:14 PM
In my opinion, Coast is beginning to resemble a cult.  Last week, while they were in a feeding frenzy about the "Bin Laden is Dead Fairytale," a listener ended his call by saying, "I'll be watching your back, I know you're watching mine."

Truth?  I think most of them are delusional.

You know, it's not the delusional or culty that I mind.  Hell, that's what makes the show interesting, or possibly even funny sometimes- like a sideshow.  What sucks is that George always happens to squirt his boring drivel over any spark of interesting that may flare up in a conversation, pissing away all the potentiality for fun.   

Scully

I think this page of this forum just may be the best I've ever read.  I'm overwhelmed with the desire to "LIKE" everyone who's written here!   ;D

Carry on -- my blood pressure starts going down when I read your soothing words.

And, welcome to you, Perry.  You definitely belong here!!!

aldousburbank

Quote from: Scully on May 13, 2011, 05:43:28 PM
I think this page of this forum just may be the best I've ever read.  I'm overwhelmed with the desire to "LIKE" everyone who's written here!   ;D
We like you too Scully!  :)

anagrammy

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 13, 2011, 04:08:33 PM
You know, it's not the delusional or culty that I mind.  Hell, that's what makes the show interesting, or possibly even funny sometimes- like a sideshow.  What sucks is that George always happens squirt his boring drivel over any spark of interesting that may flare up in a conversation, pissing away all the potentiality for fun.
That is so true!  This is an excellent way to compare our hosts.  A guest or caller is talking and says, "Then to our surprise, the alien spoke inside our minds and we both heard the same thing!

"George Noory:     I once heard my aunt's voice in my head while I was fishing and she lives two states away.  Did you report the UFO sighting to the police?  We'll get the callers answers after the break.  Stay with us, caller...

Ian Punnett:       How did you know it was in your mind if your wife heard it too? 

George Knapp:   Let me get this straight--you and your wife separately heard it telepathically and what did the alien say?  Oops, we have a hard break coming, can you say with us--we'll be right back!

Art Bell:             OK, there's tons of additional verification for that, John, the grays ALWAYS speak telepathically.  You have me on the edge of my seat and the audience, I'm sure is leaning toward the radio.  We'll hear what John and his wife heard after the break.  Stay with me John, it isn't often we get a first hand account like this, in your own words.  ONLY AT COAST TO COAST FOLKS!!  Bumper music Ghost Riders in the Sky.....

Anagrammy

PS. One of the things Noory has been criticized about in the forums is that he's not interested in UFO's, just angels/light/consciousness/paranormal and, of course, alternative health.  So he's ratcheting up the energy. (sorry about the color, messed it up)

valdez

A cameo by RCH, then Loyd Pye on the star child skull thing.  I can't say that I'm too impressed by it, but Pye did do a good job at attempting to explain the complexity and gobbledygook that is DNA.  George has a somewhat interesting conversation with a blind woman during open lines, says he's a big believer in chupacabra, introduces the New Fantastic Forum (of which Noory is a member, lots of people greeting each other, then falling asleep, oh, I'll be nice, I'm sure it's a swell place, my best wishes), but still no shout-out to coastgab.  We are obviously not playing our cards right.  Shame.

Chupacabras eyes for National Geographic Channel show Chupacabra
mucho mysterioso chupacabra scam-o