• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Nighthawk

Quote from: Morgus on October 25, 2013, 08:41:03 PM
Noory is taking off tonight, so we get a special 3-day Noory-Free weekend, perhaps as Noory's pre-Halloween "Trick or Treat" ?

LOL to be honest I have tuned in tonight. But honestly the only reason I have it on is because it is this different host.

Scully

Wonder whose judgment brought Dave Schrader in as a fill-in host?  Seems to me he's a real host, a good interviewer, interested, intelligent, and familiar with the paranormal. 

He'll never last. ::)

Nighthawk

Quote from: Scully on October 26, 2013, 12:52:54 AM
Wonder whose judgment brought Dave Schrader in as a fill-in host?  Seems to me he's a real host, a good interviewer, interested, intelligent, and familiar with the paranormal. 

He'll never last. ::)

Yea you could be right. However according to Schrader, Noory called him and asked him to guest host the show. Now whether it was Noory's idea or if someone told him to call I don't know. Hard to tell.

Quote from: shell88 on October 25, 2013, 06:43:52 PM
I thought George was the hamster. They've written a book about him on amazon. He certainly has been acting like one these past 10 years. He's worn out 20 wheels.

[attach=1]

Um, what's he got ahold of?

Scully

Quote from: Nighthawk on October 26, 2013, 12:56:36 AM
Yea you could be right. However according to Schrader, Noory called him and asked him to guest host the show. Now whether it was Noory's idea or if someone told him to call I don't know. Hard to tell.

I may be jumping the gun here, but we've all speculated about a weekend/fill-in host for Dark Matter.  I'm glad to know a guy like Schrader is out there.  Surely he wouldn't turn down an offer to go with Art unless Noory knows where his bodies are hidden or something.  ???

Nighthawk

Quote from: Scully on October 26, 2013, 01:16:58 AM
I may be jumping the gun here, but we've all speculated about a weekend/fill-in host for Dark Matter.  I'm glad to know a guy like Schrader is out there.  Surely he wouldn't turn down an offer to go with Art unless Noory knows where his bodies are hidden or something.  ???

LOL yea your right. I dunno though if Art wants that yet or not. I guess we could always ask him. I think right now Art is fairly comfortable the way things are. Just my opinion.

I've been tuning to Phil Hendrie in the dark, in the night, but this show tonight is hands down the best Coast show I've heard in years.

Art! (hint)!

Scully

Quote from: Étouffée on October 26, 2013, 01:33:06 AM
I've been tuning to Phil Hendrie in the dark, in the night, but this show tonight is hands down the best Coast show I've heard in years.

Art! (hint)!

Me too, Etouffee.  I've started a Dave Schrader thread tonight.  Maybe we'll get some more opinions and suggestions for ringing Mr. Bell's bell.  ;D

Jackstar

I just found this, never saw it before, old news for most of you, I'm sure, but I am loving this.

Art Bell Talks About George Noory On His HAM Radio

valdez

Quote from: Scully on October 26, 2013, 01:04:19 AM
Did you listen to the Friday night show?  What did you think of Dave?
Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 26, 2013, 03:03:48 AM
I'm not so sure about this Schrader guy...
Quote from: Étouffée on October 26, 2013, 02:47:07 AM
...Absolutely riveting show. 
Quote from: DanTSX on October 19, 2013, 10:22:21 PM
Who?
Quote from: Wintermute on October 21, 2013, 01:45:59 PM
... very interesting!
Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on October 26, 2013, 06:05:57 AM
...a big improvement from GN and Wells....
Quote from: George Drooly on October 22, 2013, 05:33:34 PM
...Ugh and yuck...
Quote from: ourobouros2k2 on October 23, 2013, 12:22:19 PM
Schrader is a douche with a god complex...drivel...an ego...shit...
Quote from: weeberwubber on October 23, 2013, 11:29:45 AM
C'mon guys!

I thought it went well.  The music was good and the host was genuinely interested and engaged.  Decent questions for ghostbuster girl Echo Bodine (cool name) who guarantees that dying is not the end of the world.  Amityville horror kid (now 45) Christopher Lutz was a mess, but in a good, crazy, haunted way.  He said his step-dad, George Lutz, may have had a hand in the ghostly shenanigans they experienced at the infamous home (where a family was killed) because he dabbled in occultish things, and may have summoned otherworldly spirits, but what was really freaky was that later in his life Christopher would go on to buy a house and find out that some lady had blown her head off there.  Whoa.  Is it true?  Is he just out to make a buck?  I'm not sure, but the interview gave me the creeps, and for c2c that's a good thing.

shell88

Quote from: I Suck on October 26, 2013, 02:01:15 PM
Christ, I hate this fucker!
George Noory Sucks.  Oh wait, I'm already on that thread.

Hi I suck.  I love your avatar.  Glad you found us and are posting.

shell88

oh yea and this thread.......the one that shall not be named still sucks - bet the farm on it......haven't been listening to him at all since Art came back.  My blood pressure has gone down and my faith in humanity has been restored. It's nice to have Dave,  a once major irritation, almost entirely removed from my thoughts.

coaster

Since Art has returned, Noory hasn't entered my ears or mind. My relationship with horrible radio is over.

DanTSX

Hey Dave, since it's an hour to show time and you don't do any show prep except for looking to see what we say about you here, I just want to remind you that.....

YOU SUCK
YOU ARE A HACK
YOU ARE A MUSHMOUTH
YOU ARE FLAILING IN THE NIGHT
YOU RUINED C2CAM
YOU DRAGGED ART OUT OF RETIREMENT
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF THIS
YOU WILL HAVE A LOT OF TIME ON YOUR HANDS VERY SOON

yumyumtree

I offered my thoughts on Christopher Lutz-Quarentino in another thread. Here I will just say that he was on about 2 years ago, and I'm pretty sure it was with Ian and he sounded more together then, so I'm not sure what's going on with him.

I missed Echo Bodine, but will have to hand it to her--she knows how to game Google, so bad hits don't come up. Well, who knows, maybe she is a truly angelic psychic with no unhappy customers. But I trust psychics about as much as I trust politicians.

shell88

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 26, 2013, 03:50:57 PM
It's rare to hear somebody bone up to this.  ::)
Yes. it's nice to be able to oblige people. Enjoy.

Heather Wade

I'm listening to Dark Matter, which is the coolest thing on the air ever.

Brought to us by The Eternal Suckage of The Nooron. 

ItsOver

Quote from: (Redacted) on October 27, 2013, 01:08:03 AM
I'm listening to Dark Matter, which is the coolest thing on the air ever.

Brought to us by The Eternal Suckage of The Nooron.

At least Jorch was good for something.  He helped bring Art back.  If Jorch would stop polluting the airwaves, his mission would be complete.

[attachimg=1]

I'm not sure I buy the idea Art came back because Dave sucked.  Art loves radio and was back the instant his non-compete was up.

I think he must have been heavily compensated and at a low point with corporate radio even to have signed a non-compete for 10 years in the first place.

It would not be a surprise if he's just tweaking Dave and telling him t reason he came back because of Dave's suckage.  I think Art would be back anyway.

MikeJ

Quote from: coaster on October 26, 2013, 04:05:32 PM
Since Art has returned, Noory hasn't entered my ears or mind. My relationship with horrible radio is over.

Same with me.  I don't even usually visit the Noory Sucks thread anymore.  I have rid myself of all the negativity.  I would be happy to never hear his name again.

zeebo

Lately I've really been enjoying Art's return, but I have a confession.  I kinda miss Dave.

I miss his boilerplate interviews, his lightweight questions, his stock answers. 

I miss his goofy comments, his mangled verbiage, his complete misreads of the points his guest's are trying to make. 

I miss his spaced-out ability to switch between unrelated topics, thus smushing any sense of continuity in the conversation.

In short, I miss his suckage.

I guess it's like if you enjoyed great literature, with all it's complexity and insights and nuances.  Then one day that was replaced with lame comics from the Sunday paper you were forced to read instead - replacing say Joseph Conrad with Beetle Bailey, Henry James with the Family Circus, Jane Austen with Cathy.  Then over time your mind got warped, and retrained to this lower form of communication, this massively simplified type of thought.  Over time as your cognition is weakened you may find it harder to read great books, even if they were available.  You may find it easier to just skim the funnies, so as not to strain your now atrophied ability to follow abstract thought, to perform critical thinking of any type.

I'm hoping that this version of Stockholm Syndrome which has traumatized my mind lo these many years is reversible - I'm hoping that Dark Matter may help rehabilitate my mind.  Please Art, help free me from my twisted dependency on Dave's weak brew.  Help my mind to soar again amongst the high-flying birds of imagination, exploration, and basic grammar.  Help me rebuild my appreciation for actual conversations, for depth and passion in the exchange of ideas, for aspiring to greater experiences instead of just phoning it in every night.  Help free me once-and-for-all from these iron chains of suckage!

DanTSX

Quote from: zeebo on October 27, 2013, 03:08:32 PM
Lately I've really been enjoying Art's return, but I have a confession.  I kinda miss Dave.

I miss his boilerplate interviews, his lightweight questions, his stock answers. 

I miss his goofy comments, his mangled verbiage, his complete misreads of the points his guest's are trying to make. 

I miss his spaced-out ability to switch between unrelated topics, thus smushing any sense of continuity in the conversation.

In short, I miss his suckage.

I guess it's like if you enjoyed great literature, with all it's complexity and insights and nuances.  Then one day that was replaced with lame comics from the Sunday paper you were forced to read instead - replacing say Joseph Conrad with Beetle Bailey, Henry James with the Family Circus, Jane Austen with Cathy.  Then over time your mind got warped, and retrained to this lower form of communication, this massively simplified type of thought.  Over time as your cognition is weakened you may find it harder to read great books, even if they were available.  You may find it easier to just skim the funnies, so as not to strain your now atrophied ability to follow abstract thought, to perform critical thinking of any type.

I'm hoping that this version of Stockholm Syndrome which has traumatized my mind lo these many years is reversible - I'm hoping that Dark Matter may help rehabilitate my mind.  Please Art, help free me from my twisted dependency on Dave's weak brew.  Help my mind to soar again amongst the high-flying birds of imagination, exploration, and basic grammar.  Help me rebuild my appreciation for actual conversations, for depth and passion in the exchange of ideas, for aspiring to greater experiences instead of just phoning it in every night.  Help free me once-and-for-all from these iron chains of suckage!

I don't.  George sucks beyon bleef.

Quote from: zeebo on October 27, 2013, 03:08:32 PM
Over time as your cognition is weakened you may find it harder to read great books, even if they were available.  You may find it easier to just skim the funnies, so as not to strain your now atrophied ability to follow abstract thought, to perform critical thinking of any type.
I've got classics illustrated comic books!

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 27, 2013, 10:46:33 AM
I'm not sure I buy the idea Art came back because Dave sucked.  Art loves radio and was back the instant his non-compete was up.

I think he must have been heavily compensated and at a low point with corporate radio even to have signed a non-compete for 10 years in the first place.

It would not be a surprise if he's just tweaking Dave and telling him t reason he came back because of Dave's suckage.  I think Art would be back anyway.

I'm sure Art no doubt got a nice deal from Sirius, but I'll also take his word about his return:

"....some months ago I asked Premiere to stop my Saturday replay, I thought they had run their course and I wanted them gone for reasons I will not state here. They refused and continue to this day for reasons I still don't understand, so thank Premiere for my new show. I also want to thank George for signing his new LONG term contract. Without those two things I would not be going back on air....." - Art Bell

Art's not a great admirer of either PremRat or "the one who shall be known as the one who phones it in."

SpaceRadomir

Quote from: Jackstar on October 26, 2013, 02:36:12 AM
I just found this, never saw it before, old news for most of you, I'm sure, but I am loving this.

Art Bell Talks About George Noory On His HAM Radio
Sounds like a communication between extra terrestrials. Is Art... AN ALIEN?! :o

Coz

I think we should lay off George now that Art is back.

We were kinda stuck with him, when we wanted Art, now we have Art.

Perhaps.... the negativity should stop. Not saying I enjoy C2C in it's present state.

But dragging the guy through the muck has lost it's charm for me.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Coz on October 27, 2013, 06:30:58 PM
But dragging the guy through the muck has lost it's charm for me.
I know. It's mucking up the muck.