• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 09, 2013, 10:27:03 PM
Yup. Connect the dots.

And if its not all related, George is just an idiot.

Yeah that was my point. I'd be willing to accept Noory is just a lazy idiot.

But the evidence points towards George being a lazy idiot who is vendictive. Not to mention a jerk.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 09, 2013, 10:15:09 PM
Exactly, and his logic is just so dumb...

So George is doing it to be a nice guy and help someone.  Never mind the timing.  George must think he's smarter than everyone else, and that people are going to buy into his 'nice guy' BS forever.

News for you George - truth is you are dumber than most people, and so easy to see right through.  If you don't believe me, start at the beginning of this thread and read it.  Or ask Lisa

Renaldo

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 09, 2013, 10:00:02 PM
Check again?

Good emails, SR.

Maybe remind him his Science Agitator Hoagland was also a target of Oates, and ask him where the loyalty is there?

Or maybe just remember that you're trying to be reasonable with an unreasonable person. ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: Renaldo on September 09, 2013, 10:19:52 PM
Me too. That show was one of the main things that made me want to work in radio, and the Turkey Drop is probably one of the best episodes of any sitcom, ever.

I laugh just thinking about that episode.  TV Guide in '97 named it as the fortieth best television episode of all time. The turkey drop was actually based upon a real incident.  Here's the link to a neat article about the show's creation and you'll find the details of the real turkey drop in the write-up.

http://classictvhistory.wordpress.com/2012/11/21/turkeys-away-an-oral-history/

I now return you to the discussion of radio's biggest turkey.  As Les N. would have said. "Oh, the humanity!"

SciFiAuthor

Well, the way I see it, there are only a few possibilities for redemption.

1. Buy the entire Bellgab membership a bucket of chicken each.

2. Attend a meeting of Bellgab members and perform "Viva Las Vegas" in full Elvis regalia, replacing the word "Vegas" with "Bellgab".

3. Buy a trailer next to Art's in Pahrump and broadcast from it. When Art comes out in the morning in his underwear scratching himself and burping, you will be there holding the newspaper in contrition for as long as your Premiere contract lasts.

4. A full show with Bateman

5. Apologize and admit in here that you screwed up and rebuild your rapport with us.

Any one will do.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Renaldo on September 09, 2013, 10:33:10 PM
Good emails, SR.

Maybe remind him his Science Agitator Hoagland was also a target of Oates, and ask him where the loyalty is there?

Or maybe just remember that you're trying to be reasonable with an unreasonable person. ;)

Yeah, I am done emailing him. He did it on purpose, his whole nice guy shtick is up.

Renaldo

Quote from: bateman on September 09, 2013, 10:14:44 PM

P.S. George, work on your forward speech before you try to tackle this one.

GOLD!

Renaldo

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 09, 2013, 10:15:09 PM
I would love to see the email he sent Art...

I'm hoping he reads it on air next Monday.

herbalizer

Who's going to be listening to George tonight?

bateman

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 09, 2013, 10:35:25 PM
Well, the way I see it, there are only a few possibilities for redemption.

1. Buy the entire Bellgab membership a bucket of chicken each.

2. Attend a meeting of Bellgab members and perform "Viva Las Vegas" in full Elvis regalia, replacing the word "Vegas" with "Bellgab".

3. Buy a trailer next to Art's in Pahrump and broadcast from it. When Art comes out in the morning in his underwear scratching himself and burping, you will be there holding the newspaper in contrition for as long as your Premiere contract lasts.

4. A full show with Bateman

5. Apologize and admit in here that you screwed up and rebuild your rapport with us.

Any one will do.

HA! Funny thing is, I have more major market experience than George had when he took over Coast. Premiere would wind up giving me the show.

Renaldo

Quote from: ItsOver on September 09, 2013, 10:35:08 PM
I laugh just thinking about that episode.  TV Guide in '97 named it as the fortieth best television episode of all time. The turkey drop was actually based upon a real incident.  Here's the link to a neat article about the show's creation and you'll find the details of the real turkey drop in the write-up.

http://classictvhistory.wordpress.com/2012/11/21/turkeys-away-an-oral-history/

I now return you to the discussion of radio's biggest turkey.  As Les N. would have said. "Oh, the humanity!"

Nice find, thanks!

aldousburbank

Quote from: herbalizer on September 09, 2013, 10:38:14 PM
Waaaait, you're not Tommy right, and this has not all been some Gab baiting arbitron rating hail mary play right?

aldousburbank

Quote from: bateman on September 09, 2013, 10:41:55 PM
HA! Funny thing is, I have more major market experience than George had when he took over Coast. Premiere would wind up giving me the show.
That would be fair.

ItsOver

Quote from: Surmo on September 09, 2013, 10:24:48 PM
Did anyone notice that our favorite atheist astronomer from Connecticut called in to Bill Cunningham's show this weekend?  At about 11:30 Sunday night, a "Bill" from Connecticut called in to swear his undying love for Obama.  If you listen to the voice, which is "distinctive" (but not in a good way), you cannot avoid concluding who it was.

I just missed him, fortunately.  I shut the radio off when Willie had the lady on who squawks like a chicken on crack cocaine. 

I'll listen to Willie occasionally doing his comedy shtick during the week with segman on WLW (courtesy of IHeart).  He's much more entertaining then, IMO, than when he's doing his straight Sunday night show.

herbalizer

Coast is dead to me too, it was years ago but I'm genuinely curious to see if George will mention anything about Oates. Maybe even an apology?

Renaldo

Quote from: herbalizer on September 09, 2013, 10:38:14 PM

Yes. Thinking about making Jiffy Pop. I wonder if he's going to be taking calls tonight?

George could do the cop out. I'm sorry that Art is upset.
But I say he ignores the subject.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: herbalizer on September 09, 2013, 10:45:52 PM
Coast is dead to me too, it was years ago but I'm genuinely curious to see if George will mention anything about Oates. Maybe even an apology?

He might mention it with a
"I sent Art an email and he knows it wasn't against him. It was a long time ago folks, Art isn't holding any grudges folks and it's all ok now. I don't know what he did to Art but he was good on the show, he's working on more stuff for us, so we'll hear from him soon......A 5 year old boy in New Mexico was eaten when the ground opened up underneath his feet and a tremor swallowed him whole today...Hey folks we need more facebook likes, so get on your windows and dial up and facebook us, I think you folks can get us a few more thousand likes tonight so let's do that mmkay?"

bateman

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 09, 2013, 10:52:23 PM
He might mention it with a "I sent Art an email and he knows it wasn't against him. It was a long time ago folks, Art isn't holding any grudges folks and it's all ok now. I don't know what he did to Art but he was good on the show, he's working on more stuff for us, so we'll hear from him soon......A 5 year old boy in New Mexico was eaten when the ground opened up underneath his feet and a tremor swallowed him hole today...Hey folks we need more facebook likes, so get on your windows and dial up and facebook us, I think you folks can get us a few more thousand likes tonight so let's do that mmkay?"

Tommy, get this on a cue card.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: bateman on September 09, 2013, 10:53:15 PM
Tommy, get this on a cue card.

Please, if he does talk about it tonight some one tell me how close I was to what he actually says.
My guess if he does talk about it, I'll be close to spot on.

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 09, 2013, 10:57:05 PM
Please, if he does talk about it tonight some one tell me how close I was to what he actually says.
My guess if he does talk about it, I'll be close to spot on.
In hoping someone will post a clip. If he does say something it will be in his fake voice.

Sardondi

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 09, 2013, 09:39:00 PMI think that probably goes further than reasonable skepticism based on what we saw. There was clearly no PR firm at work here. In fact, at this point, it's abundantly clear they haven't got a PR firm at all....
Because it was employee(s) of PremRad/C2C who manned the keyboards, clearly with Noory's knowledge and approval, but for the cynical purpose of carrying out a "hearts and minds" op here.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 09, 2013, 09:39:00 PM...His shout outs and statements came too fast, and required too much forum knowledge to have been seen, thought about, planned and handed to George while on the air. Some of that stuff was done in mere seconds....
See above. He was aware. But Lisa or Tommy or whoever was posing as "Gnoory" of the moment obviously had enough sense to pull it off. As for shout-outs, please - simplicity itself.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 09, 2013, 09:39:00 PM..His acceptance to be interviewed, whenever that happens, by MV is highly suggestive that he's watching the thread. He will not be capable of doing that interview without an intimate knowledge of the goings on here....
Remind me, has that happened yet? Whaddaya think the odds are that George's schedule gets very tight between now and then? Besides, all it would take is a single-paragraph synopsis and "I forget" about specifics. Anyway, an interview at this point would prove what?

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 09, 2013, 09:39:00 PM...More, why wouldn't he post? Why wouldn't he watch? I can't think of any reasons. Up until now there were only benefits to such a thing.
George can't competently run a radio talk show when he has no distractions, much less were he to keep a running real-time correspondence going on a online forum. Again, my objections at the time were that a host of George's skills and personality isn't going to burn his time during a show posting dozens of contextual messages on a forum; and that it was a false, cynical and fraudulent move on his part designed to make people here think he was a kind of person that he had never shown any evidence of being in the 10 years previous. Which I think Noory's despicable move of bringing Oates on his show made manifest.

Renaldo

It's starting. I bet he mentions the baby who had a testicle ripped off.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Sardondi on September 09, 2013, 11:02:35 PM
Because it was employee(s) of PremRad/C2C who manned the keyboards, clearly with Noory's knowledge and approval, but for the cynical purpose of carrying out a "hearts and minds" op here.

See above. He was aware. But Lisa or Tommy or whoever was posing as "Gnoory" of the moment obviously had enough sense to pull it off. As for shout-outs, please - simplicity itself.
Remind me, has that happened yet? Whaddaya think the odds are that George's schedule gets very tight between now and then? Besides, all it would take is a para synopsis and a "I forget" about specifics. Anyway, an interview at this point would prove what?
George can't competently run a radio talk show when he has no distractions, much less were he to keep a running real-time correspondence going on a online forum. Again, my objections at the time were that a host of George's skills and personality isn't going to burn his time during a show posting dozens of contextual messages on a forum; and that it was a false, cynical and fraudulent move on his part designed to make people here think he was a kind of person that he had never showing any evidence of being in the 10 years previous. Which I think Noory's despicable move of bringing Oates on his show made manifest.

I saw nothing that suggested it wasn't him. I simply applied Occam's razor, and the simplest answer is that people here pissed him off and he came to fight. Anything else overcomplicates it for no readily conceivable reason.

Spinner

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 09, 2013, 09:56:12 PM
I sent an email tonight to George about this whole situation. I responded. He took the time to respond and I replied. Here they are unedited.

On Sep 9, 2013, at 11:38 PM, "George Noory" <george@coasttocoastam> wrote:

Ross,
No
Whatever happened between the two is in the past.
This show was on reverse speech.  There was NO mention of Art or any of the past. And it WASNOT a shot at Art….as he well knows he a lengthy email I sent him

Unreal. The man has absolutely no shame.
What a two-faced scumbag. <puke>

lonevoice

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 09, 2013, 09:56:12 PM
I sent an email tonight to George about this whole situation. I responded. He took the time to respond and I replied. Here they are unedited.
I am waiting for a response to my reply.

On September 6th Art made these posts to his facebook page:

Quote from: Art Bell Sept 6

Last night Coast did the most shameful thing since George has been in that seat, I am just sad for them.

It was settled out of court, but the fact that Premiere put him on that program is just more evidence of what kind of company they are. Stay tuned

Art Bell To be exact it was settled out of court and I banned Oates for life. The fact that they put him on the show last night was just a pathetic shot at me because I would dare to do a new show.

Here is a link that was posted earlier, it should explain some history and provide some understanding http://www.mail-archive.com/ctrl@listserv.aol.com/msg14199.html

A day later, on September 7th, George posted to his twitter

Quote from: George Noory
Thanks to David John Oates for a great show on reverse speech... http://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2013/09/05  He'll be working on new clips for us.

George thinks we, and Art, are as stupid as he is.  He wants everyone to believe that when he tweeted his thanks to Oates for a great show, and promised to have him back again, George didn't know how very upset Art was about this.

P.S. - I bet $100 that Art didn't answer Dave Noorie's email.  He usually doesn't.  But, whoever said that Art might read it on the air...yeah, that could happen.

SciFiAuthor

Alright George, we saw that refresh. Come on in and schmooze.

Renaldo

WTF? He's already had Howard Bloom and Bitch Mattress on and Celente's up next? is he just tossing everyone in here?  Who's next, Alex Jones, Richard C, or Linda Mountain Ho?  Dave's pulling out all the stops for a truly sucktacular show.