• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Thanks ...

Started by DrKillinger, July 11, 2008, 01:33:18 AM

DrKillinger

... to Michael for the stream of old Art Bell shows. It's appreciated.

Greetings from #Coast2Coast on Undernet IRC! It's great to see a site like this. Snoory is just a god-awful host. The man is like a vampire, sucking the interest and entertainment value out of every guest and subject. I'm sure George's mediocre broadcasting abilities would make him an asset on a mom and pop AM, in a medium to small market. But as the host of Coast to Coast AM? Not so much.

I think I saw someone here say Art has made noises about bringing his domain back? An Art Bell podcast would be very, very welcome! We can only hope.

Regards,
Dr. Henry Killinger

EvB

Quote from: DrKillinger on July 11, 2008, 01:33:18 AM

I think I saw someone here say Art has made noises about bringing his domain back? An Art Bell podcast would be very, very welcome! We can only hope.

Regards,
Dr. Henry Killinger

I heard Art make a brief and cryptic comment, once, one of the last times he hosted, (within the last 3 months or so) to the effect that there "may soon be a reason to reopen ArtBell.com."  That's a sum total of it.   Since the KNYE has been sold - and people with reason to know more than I have implied that he's done and may return to the Philippines.  As I understood it, Aryn didn't want to live here long term.  They came back when they did to make sure that Asia would be a US citizen without much red tape. 

Those are all the clues I have.  They don't amount to much.

MV/Liberace!

i get the impression that the rekindling of the artbell.com domain is most likely to be in some way ham radio related, but keep in mind my information is 4th hand at best.

Max

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 11, 2008, 02:20:19 PM
but keep in mind my information is 4th hand at best.

really??? mines at least second hand information..

MV/Liberace!

ok... 3rd hand then... but not much better.

DrKillinger

I want an Art Bell podcast, damn it. It would be the most popular podcast on the internet! Art could make his own hours. He could charge for advertising and pop in a commercial in the middle. It would be cool. More survival meals! More 'ass jackets'! Oh wait, that was a Hendrie parody. Nevermind.

#Coast2Coast Undernet IRC now has a blog at:
http://c2circ.wordpress.com

I feel no guilt in plugging as we link to you fine folks here.
We're lonely. Come visit us! Show up around 1am. C'mon. It's not hard to get on IRC. It's fun. It can be anyway.

-=- Dr. K

Cool, I use IRC. Maybe I'll stop by sometime.