We Need Your Banner Submission

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 08, 2008, 08:20:37 PM

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 29, 2008, 05:36:39 AM
haha... yeah, me too.

and now, i say this:

bring out the gimp.

Richard C. Hoagland? Where? Where?

EvB

I gotta say it - my very best FAVORITE banner is Cam's "We've tried evrything"  Even if i DID misunderstand it when I saw it the first time (DUH-OH!)

EvB

NOTHING!

Again - to see full rez, right click and choose "view image."

I plead parody.

EvB

Thanks Spikegirl - I appreciate it.  But I STILL don't think anything quite comes up to Cam's S&M ball banner.  ;D

Quote from: EvB on August 03, 2008, 09:13:00 PM
Thanks Spikegirl - I appreciate it.  But I STILL don't think anything quite comes up to Cam's S&M ball banner.  ;D

I need you as my agent.

P.S. TWIMC: I reduced the dimensions of my signature graphics.  Please hit your reload/refresh button to get those monsters under control.

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT

EvB

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 03, 2008, 10:03:59 PM
I need you as my agent.

P.S. TWIMC: I reduced the dimensions of my signature graphics.  Please hit your reload/refresh button to get those monsters under control.

I like your graphics - but yeah - smaller may be better here - Dunno - they're fun.

What software do you use?  I use Photoshop, SnagIt, Illustrator, and a free Microsoft gif compiler (one the "art" is done) for the gif banners.  (and yes - I know it CAN be done in Photoshop - maybe even better - but I haven't had the time to climb the learning curve.)

And yes - I tend to use at least three of them at the same time.  Hence the need for a more powerful system!

Quote from: EvB on August 04, 2008, 12:20:34 AM

What software do you use?  I use Photoshop, SnagIt, Illustrator, and a free Microsoft gif compiler (once the "art" is done) for the gif banners. 

I?m using some older abandonware.

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT

Max

paint shop pro 9 works ok for somethings..

Spikegirl

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 03, 2008, 10:03:59 PM
I need you as my agent.

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT

Saw this and thought of you:

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 04, 2008, 07:48:21 PM
Saw this and thought of you:

Definitely my style.  I like old advertising pictures with spoofed captions.  It's a beast unto itself. (Perhaps good t-shirt material.)  The next banner I create might use some 1940's-50's advertising art or a film noir/pulp fiction reference.   Here's a quickie:

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT   

Spikegirl

Hi Zotzy! :D

I like that retro art as well!

LOL, I was expecting the under-caption to say something like "Now make me a decent breakfast or I'm bringing it back." Awesome art, Zotz.

((I'll refrain from the "y" part. Haha.))

Spikegirl

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on August 10, 2008, 11:34:55 AM
LOL, I was expecting the under-caption to say something like "Now make me a decent breakfast or I'm bringing it back." Awesome art, Zotz.

((I'll refrain from the "y" part. Haha.))

That's actually funny.

EvB

Can't seem to get that f'n gray line off the bottom.  Oh well.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on August 11, 2008, 07:09:11 PM

beautiful.

and i see what you're talking about with the line at the bottom.  looks like it's a snip of previous frames poking below the white.  not enough to worry about tho.  i'll post this and if u figure out the line, let me kno and i'll repost that.

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on August 11, 2008, 07:09:11 PM

I like it!

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on August 11, 2008, 07:14:00 PM
I like it!

Gee - sorry to too my own horn - but now that that gray line dissapears into the bottom line of the page banner box - I kinda like it myself.

And BTW - MV- that was FAST!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on August 11, 2008, 10:50:57 PM
And BTW - MV- that was FAST!

haha yeah, they're pretty easy to get up there, particularly when they're that good.

btw... r.i.p. isaac hayes.

death to scientology.

danDNA

i done two avatars originally, just in case the first was too offensive, so here are both...

Spikegirl

Quote from: danDNA on August 15, 2008, 05:04:20 AM
i done two avatars originally, just in case the first was too offensive, so here are both...

LOL! THAT made my morning!

Thank you!

To celebrate today's earthshaking bigfoot news while at the same time paying homage to Google for constantly sending up Christian Singles banners. PNG format.

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT

EvB

QuoteTo celebrate today's earthshaking bigfoot news while at the same time paying homage to Google for constantly sending up Christian Singles banners. PNG format.

OMG!  Our Cam strikes again!

ROTFLMAO!

PNG format. 

The owls are not what they seem.

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT

EvB

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on August 16, 2008, 04:44:29 AM

PNG format. 

The owls are not what they seem.

Brilliant, as usual.  May I ask what the background is?

Quote from: EvB on August 16, 2008, 09:02:06 AM
Brilliant, as usual.  May I ask what the background is?

Thanks, Ev.

To the left: Members of the Bohemian Grove
To the right: the head of the infamous owl statue at the grove, with augmented eyes
At center, behind the text: a default background filler from my software.

Unable to determine age of Grove photo. Based on the faded and somewhat sepiaesque tone, I would place shutter movement between 1945 and 1950.  I don't have access to the original photo and photographer is unknown.  It is not true sepia, which in the late 1800s involved adding pigment obtained from an English channel Sepia cu??lefish* to the positive print.   

(*Something to remember the next time I'm creating prints of Cthulhu. Inside joke for any members of Miskatonic University.  Am I making some obscure link between the Necronomicon and the Bohemian Grove?)

((Is this why my eccentric Uncle Jim used to slap a developing Polaroid with a cold dead catfish? 'Makes the colors more vibrant, goddamn it!' he would bark.))

(((Later in life I would learn of artists manipulating developing Polaroids using temperature, moisture, and impact.)))

((((Though many will remember it as simple black and white, the Kansas scenes in The Wizard of Oz were in sepia tone, until Technicolor takes over in the land of Oz.))))

(((((These parenthetical statements are looking a little green around the gills.)))))

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT