• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

We Need Your Banner Submission

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 08, 2008, 08:20:37 PM

Quote from: Spikegirl on July 22, 2008, 07:03:30 PM
Did I just say "long, hot and sweaty?" Where the hell is my mind these days!

HEY OHHHHH!!!

Quote from: EvB on July 24, 2008, 04:09:57 AM
Yet ANOTHER primo job Cam!

Thanks for the support, EvB.  Version 2.0's sarcophagus was too small for the eye, thus the rewyrk and the surprise Jackass Pharaoh.  I am currently designing a gallery at zazzle.com, but the artwork must be as top shelf as I am capable or I'll hate myself.  It's how I'm wired.  (As a fellow perfectionist, I'm sure you understand.  Shirts are a completely different medium and I want to nail it.)  I might transfer some of my pen and ink art into a digital environment as well as use some photographs as templates.  I like the zazzle greeting card option for another, non-Noory reason and will be exploring that as well.  I would like to offer at least two damn funny shirts and two excellent greeting cards before going public. 

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT

Quote from: EvB on July 24, 2008, 04:09:57 AM
Yet ANOTHER primo job Cam!

Definitely seconded. This is my favorite so far from Cama. The surprise jackass was especially enjoyable. As Tim and Eric would say, "Great Job!"

MV/Liberace!

i again would like to reiterate that we will in fact be using ALL submitted banners (provided, of course, they're usable).  i need to install a script that will place all banners in rotation each time the site is loaded.  i haven't had time to get around to this since my life has been very stressful in the last week or so.  actually, i'm going to morocco on august 28, at which point i will have PLENTY of time to get into this from overseas.  going to be there for 2 months, and i believe my wife will be returning with me.

back on track... the biggest obstacle for me is researching the mechanisms to make this work since i'm weak weak weak in PHP.

i just want to be sure everybody knows that their work WILL NOT be wasted.

EvB

I'm just learning PHP myself - but aren't their pre-fab scripts or snippets available to hack around with?

Ev

Max

Quote from: EvB on July 24, 2008, 07:21:08 PM

I'm just learning PHP myself - but aren't their pre-fab scripts or snippets available to hack around with?

Ev

there are alot of free scripts..

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on July 24, 2008, 07:21:08 PM

Ev
we are giving openx a spin...

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 24, 2008, 05:37:15 PM
Definitely seconded. This is my favorite so far from Cama. The surprise jackass was especially enjoyable. As Tim and Eric would say, "Great Job!"

Appreciated, Pirate.  I think it is my favorite so far, too.  The green spook light provides just enough distraction from the sarcophagus. 

Then BAMM!  Jackass!

(trivia: The sarcophagus is a toy from the 1970s.  I photographed it then inverted the color values.)

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT

EvB

My very first animated gif

A couple of notes:  The image degrades here - to see it as it IS - RIGHT click on it and choose "view image"

Second - there are some copyrighted images in it - one is GN's head host - seems to me that's pretty much public - eh?  the other is a messed up C2C logo - I claim parody.

;:)

The banner itself does not link - however - as it's set in the PAGE it does.

http://test.elbarney.com/gnsban.html

Spikegirl

Quote from: EvB on July 27, 2008, 03:12:15 PM
My very first animated gif

A couple of notes:  The image degrades here - to see it as it IS - Left click on it and choose "view image"

Second - there are some copyrighted images in it - one is GN's head host - seems to me that's pretty much public - eh?  the other is a messed up C2C logo - I claim parody.

;:)

As George Noory would say, "I love it!". Good work, Ev!  :)

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on July 27, 2008, 03:58:08 PM
As George Noory would say, "I love it!". Good work, Ev!  :)

\thanks - but look again - I added the URL.

Woah! That's some killer work EvB. I love the last frame's background with the url..you know, the red and black background..what is that anyways? I'm assuming it's supposed to be blood splatter but either way, it looks awesome!

Cama and EvB have tempted me into trying an animated flash submission...but considering I just rented Silent Hill: Origins and bought a six-pack of Natty Ice, that probably won't be happening for a day or two.  ;D

EvB

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 27, 2008, 07:30:31 PM
Woah! That's some killer work EvB. I love the last frame's background with the url..you know, the red and black background..what is that anyways? I'm assuming it's supposed to be blood splatter but either way, it looks awesome!

Yeah - I did the artwork - such as it is - in Photoshop.  I used a flat back banner background, and then used some "grunge" brushes to create a blood-spatter look.

Thanks for the review!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on July 27, 2008, 04:00:33 PM
\thanks - but look again - I added the URL.
nice job evb... two questions:

is there still a version with the url?

also, could you slow down the transition on the frame where we see lizzy noory?  that pic is hilarious and i hate to see it go by so quickly.

Quote from: EvB on July 27, 2008, 07:56:04 PM
Yeah - I did the artwork - such as it is - in Photoshop.  I used a flat back banner background, and then used some "grunge" brushes to create a blood-spatter look.

Thanks for the review!

You're welcome! By the way, have you ever considered maybe going into horror art? That's some sweet splatter. Tom Savini would be proud. :)

Also..I like the sound of this.."grunge" brush...

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on July 27, 2008, 08:30:43 PM
nice job evb... two questions:

thanks

is there still a version with the url?

Is this what you mean? ( upload below)

also, could you slow down the transition on the frame where we see lizzy noory?  that pic is hilarious and i hate to see it go by so quickly.

I increased it by a factor of 2.5 - does that work?  (It's now in the original post)

EvB

Quote from: Pirate King Atomsk on July 27, 2008, 09:09:17 PM
You're welcome! By the way, have you ever considered maybe going into horror art? That's some sweet splatter. Tom Savini would be proud. :)

Also..I like the sound of this.."grunge" brush...

I can do grunge a little for yucks - but there are TONS of people who do it realy well - so no.

As for the brushes - they are a Photoshop add-in -- TONS of 'em out there - all sorts.

MV/Liberace!

ok ev now i see it... the previous version just showed the red background without the url on top of it and it went by really quickly.

looks great.  thanks a lot.

and btw... i can't get over that "forensic" rendering... haha, classic.

And when he saw what he had done ...

Sci-Fi Channel got forty-one ...

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 28, 2008, 12:40:17 AM

haha

Max

anyways, I'm looking for a few resizing of these banners down to 468x60.. I'm going to see what I can do without killing them...

after all there are some places that still use those type of banner sizes..

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Max on July 28, 2008, 01:33:40 AM
anyways, I'm looking for a few resizing of these banners down to 468x60.. I'm going to see what I can do without killing them...

after all there are some places that still use those type of banner sizes..

he is talking about resized banners for other sites to use for the purpose of linking to us.  however, for our purposes, the current dimensions are what we want.

by the way, we now have the banner rotator working so that it will randomly select from the pool of completed banners each time the page is loaded.  if you don't see your banner in there, please give me a heads up so i can include it, but i think i covered them all.  you might have to refresh as much as 20 times to see your banner.

EvB

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 28, 2008, 12:40:17 AM

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT

Again - CLASSIC!

Non animated banner - png format. To view true definition, right click on image, select view image from menu.

CAMAZOTZ  AUTOMAT

EvB

Honestly? I like it- but it's a bit of an "in" joke, don't you think?  For here - great.  On other sites where people aren't aware of this quirk of his - it's would be a bit of a "HUH?"

That said - since I DO know this quirk of his:  MWaahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa  ;D

EvB

OKAY OKAY!  WAIT!  I was assuming that was a clown nose.  Is it actually one of those kinky S&M ball gags?!

OMHFG!  Now THAT IS funny!

Quote from: EvB on July 28, 2008, 07:46:50 PM

OKAY OKAY!  WAIT!  I was assuming that was a clown nose.  Is it actually one of those kinky S&M ball gags?!

OMHFG!  Now THAT IS funny!

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!  Clam Chowdah!    You had me thinkin' that I was the only one here who wasn't aware of some "inside knowledge" regarding George, PVC, and Ball Gags.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on July 28, 2008, 10:31:44 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!  Clam Chowdah!    You had me thinkin' that I was the only one here who wasn't aware of some "inside knowledge" regarding George, PVC, and Ball Gags.
haha... yeah, me too.

and now, i say this:

bring out the gimp.