• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I don't need ambien anymore

Started by George49, April 13, 2011, 10:12:22 PM

George49

There is George Noory's show to put me asleep...Snooze. Every night I can pass out within the first hour. The topics are getting more boring with each passing day on that show.  Put a fork in it its done.   George, time to hang it up.

haloedorchid

I used to do the same thing. For all his faults, George definitely has a soothing voice that puts you straight to sleep. Provided you keep it low enough that you can't hear his mispronunciations.

It's a decent method, but my problem is keeping the radio on throughout the first hour.  If I can get through the initial cerebral convulsions of my intellect rejecting what I am hearing, then yeah, it becomes soothing.  But so many times I have been on the verge of drifting only to be jarred awake by some dumb gold commercial or Rosanne.  So it's not always guaranteed.

BTW, if you aren't gonna use that Ambien, I'll take it off your hands....no charge.

haloedorchid

I have read about some scary side-effects from using Ambien. Like going rollerblading around an apartment complex at 3AM for a week with no recollection. Then again, that might be considered a bonus for some people.

Quote from: haloedorchid on April 13, 2011, 10:35:17 PM
I have read about some scary side-effects from using Ambien. Like going rollerblading around an apartment complex at 3AM for a week with no recollection. Then again, that might be considered a bonus for some people.

Ummmm, yeah. But only because of the benefit of all that exercise.

"Gee Doris, your legs are looking great lately.  Whats your secret?"

"The truth is Cathy, I've been taking Ambien."

"Doris, you just have to let me try some of your Ambien!"

"Oh no my sister, you gotta get your own!"

haloedorchid

They should really consider marketing it as a weight loss supplement. Get in all your daily exercising without even having to wake up! So long as the most commonly reported side-effect -- nighttime binge eating -- doesn't kick in.

Mops

"If I had an audience they'd all be standing right now."  (George's intro for Strieber.)

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Mops on April 14, 2011, 12:16:00 AM
"If I had an audience they'd all be standing right now."  (George's intro for Strieber.)

And heading for the exits faster than someone at a Great White show...

Mops

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 14, 2011, 12:20:07 AM
   And heading for the exits faster than someone at a Great White show...
Spit-take.  You ought to Fast Blast that to Noory.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Mops on April 14, 2011, 12:40:08 AM
Spit-take.  You ought to Fast Blast that to Noory.

I would, but neither he or Danheiser would get the reference.  :'(

Mops

Yew, boy, here goes Whitley again with the X-rated ET stories.  Truck drivers are changing the dial so fast it's showing up as ground clutter on the weather radar.

On a lighter note, anyone catch AJ's new ad tonight?  "End of America 38."  The drama is killing me.

Will #39 be next?   

Quote from: Mops on April 14, 2011, 01:21:11 AM

On a lighter note, anyone catch AJ's new ad tonight?  "End of America 38."  The drama is killing me.

Will #39 be next?

I could have sworn I heard him saying "End of America 86" just last week.  Or was that the work at home, really legit, number?  What was that number I can call to buy more gold?........I really want to be able to buy things with a piece of metal after the world goes nuts.

Sometimes I feel like I've been sucked up into a big screen and I'm stuck in the movie Used Cars!

Smiles and smiles of cars.

George sucks

Interesting. There is something good about having Noory as the host. He's a great sleep tonic. When I was unable to listen to one of Art's shows it was depressing. Missing George's shows is a habit.

I highly recommend having a radio with a sleep timer. A radio that turns off automatically after you fall asleep. That way you don't have to be accidentally woken up by the dolt. Having the drone put you to sleep is one thing. Having him wake you up? Not good.

Mops

Quote from: Treading Water on April 14, 2011, 04:54:18 AM
I could have sworn I heard him saying "End of America 86" just last week.  Or was that the work at home, really legit, number?  What was that number I can call to buy more gold?........I really want to be able to buy things with a piece of metal after the world goes nuts.

Sometimes I feel like I've been sucked up into a big screen and I'm stuck in the movie Used Cars!

Smiles and smiles of cars.

There is a link to the "End of America" video above the fold at InfoWars.  I clicked on it simply to find out what the full title is, but the video's introduction is some monotone, white collar David Koresh droning on forever, vouching for himself.   The introduction has been going on for about ten minutes now. I still don't know what the title is, and no longer  care.
About 15 minutes of this guy reading the phone book over a loud speaker would bring Gaddafi to his knees.