A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

Juan Cena

I've about given up on this guest as a total conspiracy spank. Maybe it's because Wells is jumping all over the place. Maybe it's because this goob has already admitted to being a truther. Either way, I get a feeling This will be another night of switching over to Underground Garage or something else on Sirius/XM.

Did Wells just say continental drift was established in 2004?  The notion of continental drift was replaced by plate tectonics, which was itself established long, long, long before 2004.  I guess that's just when he first heard of it.  Yet another outstanding moment in Coast to Coast's ability to accurately disseminate scientific information.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 12, 2013, 01:02:05 AM
Did Wells just say continental drift was established in 2004?  The notion of continental drift was replaced by plate tectonics, which was itself established long, long, long before 2004.  I guess that's just when he first heard of it.  Yet another outstanding moment in Coast to Coast's ability to accurately disseminate scientific information.

That's odd, because when I was at school doing geography in the 70's, we learned about continental drift and plate tectonics, batholiths, and all manner of geological features. I wasn't aware that plate tectonics had been replaced.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2013, 02:05:18 AM

That's odd, because when I was at school doing geography in the 70's, we learned about continental drift and plate tectonics, batholiths, and all manner of geological features. I wasn't aware that plate tectonics had been replaced.

I didn't mean to say plate tectonics was upgraded.  I meant the notion of continental drift was upgraded and included in the more comprehensive theory of plate tectonics.  Part of my point is these guys are always a bit off when they talk about science.  They say continental drift instead of plate tectonics, or they say Darwinism instead of evolution.  But mainly I just turned on my radio in time to hear Wells say they verified continental drift in 2004 even though the idea had been obvious to him since he was a kid -- which is just a strange statement.  idk, maybe I misunderstood.

Or maybe I'm not making much sense myself tonight.

So what is the verdict on tonight's show? Sounds like it was bad.

valdez

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on May 12, 2013, 03:14:13 AM

Wells opened with an attack on the left (but he didn't use the term) and their media cohorts for ignoring the Benghazi mess.  I wasn't paying a lot of attention to Josh Reeves (not a judgement on what he was talking about - I just had it on as background noise), but I was struck by how much he sounded like Alex Jones.  The cadence, the phrasing, the tone; they must have grown up in the same part of town, at the same time.  Very weird.
     I've got a stack of those Freak Brothers comics I got from someplace I can't remember anymore.  Spent about a month completely obsessed with them.  Memories.

Tinfoil Hat

I loved how Wells' guest was all freaked out because Tsar Nicholas II and King George V resemble each other. Of course they looked similar, they were first cousins. Duh.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 11, 2013, 04:59:18 PM
Let's hope.  But the general decline of C2C guest quality coupled with Wells' proclivity for injecting his loonie conspiro-fringe right politics into all topics doesn't bode well.  I found no broadcast radio links to a radio host named Josh Reeves; more likely he's a web-streaming ranter calling it "radio" because it implies an audience.  We'll see.
I hate to gloat, but...

Seems now Wells' opening hour is to be routinely devoted to his shtick of anti-govt aspersions and conspiracy fantasy. Reeves?  Radio host my ass.  A basement web streamer-poseur who's conflated all the "forbidden archaeology" related to North America he's heard on C2C in 15+ years into a screwy..and baseless...Masonic-Annunaki-OT melange of concealment and deception.  A prop for Wells; nothing more.

Prem Radio has clearly turned up the gain on making C2C the late night fix for Beck's "patriotic" paranoia fans.  Smooth, soft-spoken Wells and his ilk of paranoia feeders are poison for America.  After hearing some of Friday's waste of radio spectrum, I predict Noory will be gone in 2013, replaced by JBW.

slipstream

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 12, 2013, 09:10:26 AM
I hate to gloat, but...

Seems now Wells' opening hour is to be routinely devoted to his shtick of anti-govt aspersions and conspiracy fantasy. Reeves?  Radio host my ass.  A basement web streamer-poseur who's conflated all the "forbidden archaeology" related to North America he's heard on C2C in 15+ years into a screwy..and baseless...Masonic-Annunaki-OT melange of concealment and deception.  A prop for Wells; nothing more.

Prem Radio has clearly turned up the gain on making C2C the late night fix for Beck's "patriotic" paranoia fans.  Smooth, soft-spoken Wells and his ilk of paranoia feeders are poison for America.  After hearing some of Friday's waste of radio spectrum, I predict Noory will be gone in 2013, replaced by JBW.

Wow, I'm really feeling the hate today.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: slipstream on May 12, 2013, 09:57:51 AM

So you're re-listening to Prophet Wells again this morning?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Tinfoil Hat on May 12, 2013, 06:24:24 AM
I loved how Wells' guest was all freaked out because Tsar Nicholas II and King George V resemble each other. Of course they looked similar, they were first cousins. Duh.

He'll go apeshit when he finds out that the royal families of a great deal of Europe around that time all look the same! Women with beards, blokes with tits...real scary stuff!  ;D ..

I'm not suggesting they're inbred you understand, but they'd have found a sympathetic ear in the Appellations.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on May 12, 2013, 02:59:30 AM
I didn't mean to say plate tectonics was upgraded.  I meant the notion of continental drift was upgraded and included in the more comprehensive theory of plate tectonics.  Part of my point is these guys are always a bit off when they talk about science.  They say continental drift instead of plate tectonics, or they say Darwinism instead of evolution.  But mainly I just turned on my radio in time to hear Wells say they verified continental drift in 2004 even though the idea had been obvious to him since he was a kid -- which is just a strange statement.  idk, maybe I misunderstood.

Or maybe I'm not making much sense myself tonight.

Regarding your words in the passage above which I've underlined and boldfaced, that is the key point, I think.  Sadly, there were probably a dozen or a 12 dozen people who will run with that information they obtained "from an expert on the radio" and start spewing false science on their coworkers, friends, and children.  There is so much scientific illiteracy in this country -- it boggles the mind.

There is so much misinformation floating around in our society, choking rational, informed discourse.  "Well, everybody knows that the only thing Republicans care about is the super rich!"  "Everybody knows that Obama wants to take away all our guns."  Well, I guess that freedom of speech could be better expressed as free-dumb of speech.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 12, 2013, 10:11:26 AM

He'll go apeshit when he finds out that the royal families of a great deal of Europe around that time all look the same! Women with beards, blokes with tits...real scary stuff!  ;D ..

I'm not suggesting they're inbred you understand, but they'd have found a sympathetic ear in the Appellations.

Hey, is it true that Queen Victoria was a lycanthrope?  There was this one Dr. Who episode.... 

VtaGeezer

Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 12, 2013, 10:22:29 AM
Regarding your words in the passage above which I've underlined and boldfaced, that is the key point, I think.  Sadly, there were probably a dozen or a 12 dozen people who will run with that information they obtained "from an expert on the radio" and start spewing false science on their coworkers, friends, and children.  There is so much scientific illiteracy in this country -- it boggles the mind.

There is so much misinformation floating around in our society, choking rational, informed discourse.  "Well, everybody knows that the only thing Republicans care about is the super rich!"  "Everybody knows that Obama wants to take away all our guns."  Well, I guess that freedom of speech could be better expressed as free-dumb of speech.
Hate to say it, but I see parallels between today's pop "unscience" and C2C's long nightly run; especially since Noory.  I think a lot more people have listened to and been influenced by C2C than will admit to it in serious company, and its cumulative effect on the naive and ignorant is being seen.  For example, I believe that the 2012 Mayan Doomsday hoopla was largely a product of years of C2C influence working its way into mainstream conversation.  When Bell was at the helm, there was always a filter of skepticism/"wink-wink" and his audience was more streetwise, but Noory's ignorance of tech and science and his refusal/inability to challenge filters virtually nothing from an audience comprised of what seem more gullible folk.

ItsOver

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 12, 2013, 10:09:16 AM
So you're re-listening to Prophet Wells again this morning?

Hahahaha......I gave up on Wells months ago.  Got a great night's sleep instead.  ;D

Sleepwalker

Last night's show had all the elements of a J.B. Wells train wreck.  J.B. spewing angry, hate-filled venom at anyone and everyone who doesn't share his politics.  He sounded like he wanted the address of every listener who doesn't share his politics so he could come to their house and slaughter them.

His guest was your typical conspiracy-monger parasite who begs for money on his personal website.  Send me your money because the New World Order is lying to you. Douche bag.

What a steaming pile of equine excrement.  Anyone listening to that show last night was in mortal danger from the high concentration of methane spewing out of their radio.

ItsOver

Hey, but he's got a great voice!  ;)   First Noory and now Wells.  Thanks, PremRat! ::)

morphiaflow

I hate to gloat, but...

Wow, one of the most succinctly worded missives on the state of things I've ever read. Good job VT.

Nebraska888

Saturday night was supposed to be about AMERICAN MYSTERIES........such as Rockwall.......

Josh Reeves could have been one hell of a great Coast guest.  Instead, Wells takes Reeves on ANOTHER government conspiracy/cover-up rant that nearly took up the entire 3 hours.  In the last 40 minutes of Open Lines.......things actually started to get "on topic" and interesting.  Too friggin' late for Mr. Reeves to unveil his findings after a long period of research and study.

What a disappointment!!!!!  I am sick to death of every Saturday night being nothing but government "talk".......CONSPIRACIES!!!!  COVER-UPS!!!!!!  GET YOUR GUNS!!!!!

Last time I checked we have on radio PLENTY of conservative government talk:  Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Dennis Miller, Laura Ingraham, Bill Cunningham, Michael Savage, Andy Dean, Glenn Beck, etc...etc.....

GIVE ME A SATURDAY NIGHT THAT DEALS WITH THE UNSUAL, THE FRIGHTENING, THE CREEPY, THE MYSTERIOUS, THE UNKNOWN..........

Good Grief.   :-\

I hate to gloat, but...

As I understand it, Noory's contract runs out at the end of 2013.  I'm not willing to bet either way on the whether he will stay or go after that.

ItsOver

Quote from: Nebraska888 on May 12, 2013, 05:13:40 PM
Saturday night was supposed to be about AMERICAN MYSTERIES........such as Rockwall.......

Josh Reeves could have been one hell of a great Coast guest.  Instead, Wells takes Reeves on ANOTHER government conspiracy/cover-up rant that nearly took up the entire 3 hours.  In the last 40 minutes of Open Lines.......things actually started to get "on topic" and interesting.  Too friggin' late for Mr. Reeves to unveil his findings after a long period of research and study.

What a disappointment!!!!!  I am sick to death of every Saturday night being nothing but government "talk".......CONSPIRACIES!!!!  COVER-UPS!!!!!!  GET YOUR GUNS!!!!!

Last time I checked we have on radio PLENTY of conservative government talk:  Sean Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Dennis Miller, Laura Ingraham, Bill Cunningham, Michael Savage, Andy Dean, Glenn Beck, etc...etc.....

GIVE ME A SATURDAY NIGHT THAT DEALS WITH THE UNSUAL, THE FRIGHTENING, THE CREEPY, THE MYSTERIOUS, THE UNKNOWN..........

Good Grief.   :-\

Absolutely.  I don't listen to Wells anymore and I'm glad I don't.  Too bad a guest such as this wasn't scheduled for Knapp instead of wasted on fog horn Wells.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: ItsOver on May 12, 2013, 06:03:42 PM

Absolutely.  I don't listen to Wells anymore and I'm glad I don't.  Too bad a guest such as this wasn't scheduled for Knapp instead of wasted on fog horn Wells.
Looking ay Reeves' website, I surmised he just reads C2C regulars; Jim Marrs, Quale et al; and regurgitates it in his videos as "research".  I think Knapp would have dismantled Reeves in the first 30 minutes.

ItsOver

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 12, 2013, 06:41:58 PM
Looking ay Reeves' website, I surmised he just reads C2C regulars; Jim Marrs, Quale et al; and regurgitates it in his videos as "research".  I think Knapp would have dismantled Reeves in the first 30 minutes.

I didn't do any research on Reeves, just based on Nebraska's comments.  The bottom line is I can't listen to Wells solo or with ANY guest.  :P

Nebraska888

Quote from: ItsOver on May 12, 2013, 06:03:42 PM

Funny you should suggest that Knapp host with Josh Reeves.......because I just emailed him and asked him to consider it!

ItsOver

Quote from: Nebraska888 on May 12, 2013, 08:44:45 PM

Funny you should suggest that Knapp host with Josh Reeves.......because I just emailed him and asked him to consider it!

:)   Good deal.  I'll take GK any night over Mother Ship Wells and his slow-witted Capt. Noory. 

I didn't do any research on Reeves, just based on Nebraska's comments.  The bottom line is I can't listen to Wells solo or with ANY guest. 

I agree, Well's voice is like Frankenstein's nails on a chalkboard! Give me George Knapp anytime!

RedMichael

Quote from: slipstream on May 12, 2013, 09:57:51 AM

Thank you for gracing us on your weekly one post comment on a discussion board. Feel free sometime to actually have a discussion. Before you might consider a "I won't lower myself to that level" or "What is the point, your minds are already made up" type response, please remember you already "lowered" yourself by joining/posting here, and if you really thought our minds were already made up why are you still reading the board?

I guess there is always the "I find it all funny blah blah blah" angle.

I will say this, your post has more depth than a Wells hosted show.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 12, 2013, 10:23:55 AM
Hey, is it true that Queen Victoria was a lycanthrope?  There was this one Dr. Who episode....

Episode? Excuse me: Some say it's a documentary. Not I of course. I relate to much more factual and informed scientific discussion as exemplified by The big bang theory.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Liam the runner on May 12, 2013, 09:12:14 PM
Looking ay Reeves' website, I surmised he just reads C2C regulars; Jim Marrs, Quale et al; and regurgitates it in his videos as "research".

Sadly and widespread is that trait. The net (Youtube, David Icke forum et al) is overflowing with 'research'; based almost entirely on the re posting of the utter uninformed bollox that they come across on someone's uninformed website, which has page after page of similar 'research'. 

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 13, 2013, 01:43:04 AM

Episode? Excuse me: Some say it's a documentary. Not I of course. I relate to much more factual and informed scientific discussion as exemplified by The big bang theory.

Haha I hope not.  Even Noory and Wells do science better than Dr. Who, though I still enjoy watching it.