• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Don't Knock on MY Door!!!!!

Started by punkinpie, October 02, 2010, 12:56:12 PM

punkinpie

I just posted this sign on my front door:

If politics and religion are two taboo topics, why is it that people love to knock on my door and try to change my mind?

This is MY house, bitches!

The General

Awesome.

If this doesn't work, try nailing a dead crow to your door.
Works for me.

punkinpie

A dead crow might be a nice touch in addition to the sign.   8)

Marc.Knight

Quote from: general jamison johnson on October 02, 2010, 01:13:37 PM
Awesome.

If this doesn't work, try nailing a dead crow to your door.
Works for me.

haha.  when I first read this without my glasses on I thought it said "try nailing a dead cow to your door". 

punkinpie

A dead cow would for sure scare everyone off. 

b_dubb

especially the vegetarians.  however PETA might launch a full scale assault on your domicile

punkinpie

PETA....People Eating Tasty Animals

I saw that on a shirt at Jungle Jim's in Cincy.

My brother has a friend who started going door to door years ago for a Florida environmental group; back when Greenpeace was known for doing the same thing. What few people knew is the folks from Greenpeace and other groups were not volunteers. The standard rate was the solicitor got to keep half of whatever they collected. My brothers friend worked his way up in the group and has made a nice living as an environmental activist.

I am always amazed that certain people will slam 'big business' but never seem to realize environmental groups, labor unions and civil rights groups are also big business, the only difference is they traffic in guilt instead of selling things people might actually want.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Peenman Enterprises on October 03, 2010, 08:35:17 AM
My brother has a friend who started going door to door years ago for a Florida environmental group; back when Greenpeace was known for doing the same thing. What few people knew is the folks from Greenpeace and other groups were not volunteers. The standard rate was the solicitor got to keep half of whatever they collected. My brothers friend worked his way up in the group and has made a nice living as an environmental activist.

I am always amazed that certain people will slam 'big business' but never seem to realize environmental groups, labor unions and civil rights groups are also big business, the only difference is they traffic in guilt instead of selling things people might actually want.

ACORN was a good example of this.

Quote from: punkinpie on October 02, 2010, 12:56:12 PM

If politics and religion are two taboo topics, why is it that people love to knock on my door and try to change my mind?

What you will get is knocks from grassroots typography organizations trying to convert you away from Comic Sans over to Caslon.

EvB

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on October 10, 2010, 07:03:13 PM

What you will get is knocks from grassroots typography organizations trying to convert you away from Comic Sans over to Caslon.

MWWWAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Do you think it was angels? on October 10, 2010, 07:03:13 PM
Quote from: punkinpie on October 02, 2010, 12:56:12 PM

HAHA