• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sean David Morton: Another Nuri Icon--with the predictably same record

Started by MABUSE, March 06, 2010, 02:30:18 AM

MABUSE

I never liked this T***  in any event...never found him credible.  Generally smary,  self-serving, shallow and full of shite--I.E. a perfect Nurista.  I wish I could say that the following story shocks, awes, appalls or suprises me.   (And anyone with that many first names is untrustworthy by default.)  Maybe he should go into business with Jordan Maxwell and Tricky Dick Hoaxland for a start: They all have the same legal record for fraud in common...  It is really sad that, thanks to the Gilded Turd, so many ignorant, gullible dumbasses are victimized by the Sacred Nuri Elect and that cynical SOB (Nuri) is not held to account.  Even worse, this is going to be trumpeted and spun by Morton and his paid propaganda, of the righteousness and truth of this a--hole: he is being persecuted by the "global illuminati jewish masonic templar secular government elite" and that is the proof-positive that everything he incants is the truth--that they are trying to silence him through this "bogus" legal action.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/theworldnewser/2010/03/selfproclaimed-psychic-charged-with-investor-fraud.html

**M**

I love the picture from the article:

Is he throwing a Haduken? And WTF is up with the cat? lol...

Wcstflyer

Sean David Morton is in a heap of trouble with the S.E.C. The perpetually fast-talking sham-artist has to repay all the investors (or else) and I'm betting he and his wife spent a good portion of the $6 million poor malleable listeners with C2C sent that guy. As many on the Internet have reported, 99% of his resume is fraudulent and the Wall Street Journal reported the earthshaking news that his company, Delphi & Associates, consisted of Morton and his wife Melissa. In addition he never filed any paper work for an investment company, Sean David simply pocketed investors money. This guy is toast.

This also partially explains why we haven't heard him on C2C for a year. My guess is that corporate attorneys for Clear Channel/ Premier have told George Noory in no uncertain terms to lay off the get-rich quick soothsayers and anyone that would put Clear Channel in financial jeopardy.   

11angeleyes11

Quote from: Wcstflyer on March 08, 2010, 09:03:12 AM
Sean David Morton is in a heap of trouble with the S.E.C. The perpetually fast-talking sham-artist has to repay all the investors (or else) and I'm betting he and his wife spent a good portion of the $6 million poor malleable listeners with C2C sent that guy. As many on the Internet have reported, 99% of his resume is fraudulent and the Wall Street Journal reported the earthshaking news that his company, Delphi & Associates, consisted of Morton and his wife Melissa. In addition he never filed any paper work for an investment company, Sean David simply pocketed investors money. This guy is toast.

This also partially explains why we haven't heard him on C2C for a year. My guess is that corporate attorneys for Clear Channel/ Premier have told George Noory in no uncertain terms to lay off the get-rich quick soothsayers and anyone that would put Clear Channel in financial jeopardy.   

Where did I read or hear this?  I think I heard that he and his wife have filed for bankruptcy.  Without researching specifically, this may stay that. as far as having funds to pay investors back.    I don't do SEC law, so I would have to research it.
Also, I think that Sean David Morton was on a panel that George hosted at the Conscious Life Expo.  I had wanted to go, but could not so I was reading about the Expo on the internet afterwards. 

MV/Liberace!

The following is from the New York Times.  See the original article here. This guy is a complete douche.
Past Statements May Haunt a Psychic         
The Securities and Exchange Commission’s lawsuit against Sean David Morton for securities fraud highlighted the fact that he proclaimed himself as“America’s Prophet” while touting his ability to foresee the direction of the markets to attract investors. The actual fraud claim, however,is much more mundane, accusing him of falsely portraying his past predictions about stock price movements and failing to properly register his investment program.
Claiming that one can foretell the future of the markets because of psychic abilities sounds rather shady. But how is such a claim all that different from what a money manager might discuss about research that points to a sector or commodity that promises strong future growth?Each one talks about the future. And given the track record of some actively managed mutual funds, should we be any more distrustful of a psychic claiming particular prescience about the future?
Mr. Morton is accused of violating the securities laws in attracting approximately $6 million from investors through his Delphi Associates Investment Group that would be placed in foreign exchange accounts. According to the S.E.C., only about half of the money was placed with firms investing inforeign currencies, and $240,000 was diverted to a nonprofit religious organization he controls with his wife.
The fraud claim is based on Mr. Morton’s alleged statements about his past prowess at predicting where the market was headed, not his claims to psychic abilities. For example, in a Delphi Associates Newsletter, he wrote that “I have called ALL the highs and lows of the market, giving EXACT DATES for rises and crashes over the past 14 years.” The S.E.C.includes in its complaint a list of various predictions Mr. Morton made in newsletters and radio broadcasts as compared with actual market movements to show that he was not nearly as prescient as he claimed.
The S.E.C.’s case does not rest on a claim that Mr. Morton’s predictions about where the market was headed, based on his psychic intuitions, was incorrect. Unless a prediction comes with some type of guarantee, like a promise of specific returns from the investment,there is no basis for a fraud action because investors should know that any prediction about the future direction of the market is at best an educated guess.
A claim of fraud is based on misleading factual assertions about the past or present, not what could happen in the future. So long as a prediction is just that, then it is up to the investor to determine whether to enter into the transaction. The federal securities laws protect against false statements and incomplete disclosure, not stupid investments.
Mr. Morton filed a lawsuit in March 2009 to try to stop the S.E.C.’s investigation that included some rather extreme claims about a government conspiracy that targeted his operation. The Federal District Court in Los Angeles dismissed the filing without a hearing, which the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit also affirmed without hearing arguments on the case.
In the complaint, Mr. Morton hinted at his likely defense to the S.E.C.’s suit by asserting that he was not selling securities to the people who gave him money to invest in foreign currencies, instead only operating an investment club. For the S.E.C. to win its case, it will have to show that he was selling an “investment contract,” otherwise the case falls outside its jurisdiction.
The test of whether an investment is a security is based on the Supreme Court’s decision in S.E.C. v. W.J. Howey Co., which requires proof that the investment was in a common enterprise made with the expectation of earning profits solely â€" or at least largely â€" from the efforts of the seller or a third party. Among the investments that have been found to constitute an investment contract are Florida citrus groves, a worm growing program and pay phones.
If a court determines the foreign exchange program Mr. Morton set up is an investment contract, then it must be registered with the S.E.C.before a sale can take place. The S.E.C. does not have to prove the defendant intended to violate the registration provision, so there is no defense based on ignorance or good faith. The fraud claim is also dependent on finding that Mr. Morton sold a security so that it comes under the anti fraud provisions of the federal securities law.
Mr. Morton represented himself in the lawsuit against the S.E.C.filed in 2009, and if he is forced to do so again, then it will be very difficult for him defend against the fraud and unregistered securities claims. Unlike a criminal prosecution, there is no right to have counsel appointed in a civil enforcement action for violating the securities laws.
Litigating with the S.E.C. is not for the faint of heart, and the legal issues can be quite complex, with a number of subtle issues that are not easy for the layman to see. So Mr. Morton’s psychic powers are not going to help in fighting a case that raises challenging issues about what constitutes an investment contract and whether his assertions of predictive powers constitutes fraud.

MABUSE

Oh yeah....
I forgot:
Jordan Maxwell Default Judgment for Fraud

Ole George is battin' a thousand with his personal pantheon ain't he?
Who'd I leave out?

Sean David Morton: indicted
Jordan Maxwell: defaulted
Richard C.: well, yeah, we KNOW about the fraud claims there...
Zacky the Wonder Poodle: (see Tricky Dick above)

I will keep looking but it would be amusing for everyone to keep on eye out for nuggets of juristic hilarity related to
Georgie's Lightworkin' pals.

**M**

MABUSE

Oh YUMMMMMMmmmmmm This is REALLY good!
Especially paras 3, 22, 34, 35, 36 & 38 in particular.  This has GOT to be making PremRad squirm a tad...
(Not to mention Shill Boy's pals with the New Life expo crapfest)

Anyway, ENJOY IT!!!
**M** :P

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2010/comp21433.pdf

MV/Liberace!

was sean david morton actually indicted or just sued?  i'm not clear on this.

MABUSE

Quote from: MV on March 22, 2010, 12:54:25 AM
was sean david morton actually indicted or just sued?  i'm not clear on this.

An indictment is simply the the charge issued by a duly empaneled Grand Jury upon its investigation at the behest of the prosecutor.  An indictment is issued in criminal cases and is the tool whereby the charges are formally brought against a defendant.  Thus, the link is to the indictment.  Criminal charges have been brought by the Feds against magic prophecy boy is what it means.  Sans doubt civil lawsuits will follow...

**M**

MABUSE

And from the C2C website...

"Sean David Morton Statement  March 04, 2010[/t] 
    [/t]    We received the following statement from Sean David Morton:
The news today, that I had to hear in a phone call from a reporter, about the SEC filing a CIVIL action against my wife and I in a New York Federal court, has come as a total shock and a complete surprise. It also shows how brazen and desperate the SEC is, in putting out a PRESS RELEASE and announcing it to the global media, before we were even notified. They are going after PSYCHICS now who predict the markets?
The Civil Action demands as "Relief" that I not engage in Foreign Exchange trading again, which the SEC does not regulate, and that we "Disgorge any ill-gotten gains" of which there are none, as my wife and I are facing personal bankruptcy and incurred the single largest losses of any of the investors involved. We LOST our money right along with everyone else. The rest of the complaint is a litany of lies and baseless allegations. And again, massive losses in our ForEx trading a program were incurred when our FX trader REFUSED to take my advice and follow my guidelines.
We cooperated in every way we knew how with the SEC. However, the harassment from them got so bad that I was forced to file a Federal lawsuit to make them prove their jurisdiction and authority over something they clearly did NOT regulate. I see this action now by them as clear cut revenge for the actions I have taken against them and their continued abuse of jurisdiction and authority.
I am shaken to my core by all this. I have never stolen from anyone in my life, and I cannot even fathom how someone could risk incurring such karma for base, short term monetary gain. I am sure it happens every day, but I firmly believe as the Apostle Paul said, “What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his own soul?”
Anyone who knows me and knows my body of work from listening to this show over the past 20 years knows that I am all about the truth and doing what is right, and that is what my wife and I have done ALL ALONG, and we will be fully vindicated from these baseless allegations.
Thank you all again for your love and support."

uh huh...
I truly hope your roomate is an angry, horny,  racist ahmadiyah black muslim!

**M**

MV/Liberace!

yikes.  the allegations against morton are pretty compelling, and if true, indicate a brazen disregard for the law and a total lack of ethics on his part.  i hope he has a good attorney.  well, actually, i don't really care what he has.

Ruteger

the Old Testament demanded that false prophets be stoned to death.

So he's a psychic, economic expert, and the guy who dug up the infamous "Victor" ...you know... the guy who snuck the "Alien interview" tape out of Area 51.

Area 51: Alien Interview with "Victor"

I sometimes listen to his shows though because a heavy whiff of BS can often be hilarious, but I got to keep it in small doses because it can enrage me in some moods. I got to admit, I kind of respect Morton. He's an old school con-man. Not a nut like Michael Horn or an idiot like (insert any political C2C guest) but just a crooked guy who's working marks. But at this point considering how many times he's been exposed, debunked, and shamed, it's really the fault of anyone who takes this guy seriously.

One thing that's always irritated me about Morton... Every other crooked con-man psychic at least had the decency to pick up a ridiculous accent or adopt some flamboyant personality. Uri Geller, Louis Turi, Sylvia Browne, etc. However Morton looks and sounds like some guy who lives on my block, has two kids, and is putting his time in for the gold watch at the office. Morton looks and sounds like someone who would ask me where the light beer isle is in the store. With the talented con-men they can work you because of their flamboyant personality and distinctive voice, but Morton is just like... a normal dude saying crazy shit and asking for money. This guy is to lazy to adopt a crazy character to work people out of their money?

b_dubb

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on August 21, 2010, 03:23:12 PM
So he's a psychic, economic expert, and the guy who dug up the infamous "Victor" ...you know... the guy who snuck the "Alien interview" tape out of Area 51.

who doesn't like a good puppet show?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on August 21, 2010, 10:23:41 PM
Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on August 21, 2010, 03:23:12 PM

who doesn't like a good puppet show?
So then that whole thing was thoroughly debunked?

b_dubb

i'm not sure.  well ... my gut instinct when i look at that video is ... bullshit.  knowing psychic fonzi is associated ... definitely bullshit

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on August 22, 2010, 10:56:28 PM
i'm not sure.  well ... my gut instinct when i look at that video is ... bullshit.  knowing psychic fonzi is associated ... definitely bullshit

Yeah, I agree. It's really a case of guilt by association. 

b_dubb

sorry.  i said psychic fonzi ... i meant to say psychic potsi.  having trouble keeping my Happy Days references straight.  apologies

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on August 23, 2010, 12:26:32 AM
sorry.  i said psychic fonzi ... i meant to say psychic potsi.  having trouble keeping my Happy Days references straight.  apologies
i prefer to keep things straight by utilizing my copy of a gentleman's pocket guide to happy days references.  if you'd like, i'll happily give you mine.

MV/Liberace!

i don't know if i've pointed this out before on the forum or not, but i was reading ufowatchdog.com today and found this article on sean david morton.  what a PIECE OF SHIT that guy is... and what an interesting read THIS was.  enjoy.

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on August 11, 2011, 04:42:02 PM
i don't know if i've pointed this out before on the forum or not, but i was reading ufowatchdog.com
yeah ufowatchdog has had articles for years including their "Hall of Shame" that includes Art Bell and many of his longtime regular guests:

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/art_bell.htm

http://www.ufowatchdog.com/hall_of_shame.htm

ufowatchdog Hall of Shame list:
Adrian-His UFOs come with strings attached
Alien Autopsy
Andrew Basiago Coming Soon!
Art Bell, Coast to Coast moneymaker
Brian Bessent
Stephen Bessett, Paradigm Research Group New!
Brigitte Boisselier
Richard Boylan, the hot tub psychologist
Sylvia Browne
Dan Burisch
Michael Cohen and the Intergalactic news service New!
Ed Dames, Remote Viewer--or not
Peter Davenport Coming Soon!
Carlos Diaz "The aliens lent me a tripod."
Jim Dilettoso Do you want him here???
Richard Doty Coming Soon!
Peter A. Gersten, and his multi-colored dreamcoat
Robert Ghostwolf, fake Native American
James Gilliand Coming Soon!
Dr. Bruce Goldberg New!
Steven Greer, vectoring in UFOs for fun and profit

Paola Harris New!
Mike Hawkins
Richard C. Hoagland, the Mars Face guy says the Nazis run NASA
Michael Horn, Billy Meier's chief bulldog
Linda Moulton Howe
Dan Iaria, slurpy maker for Jonathan Reed
David Icke New!
The International UFO Congress & Conference
Dr. Lynne Kitei, mistress of the Phoenix Lights New!
Philip J. Klass, Mr. Plasma and an arch debunker
Bill Knell Coming Soon!
Kal K. Korff dB asked to do this. There's already one by RMIII, but feel free
Bob Lazar: Lied about his education. What else?
John Lear Coming Soon!
Nancy LeiderShirley MacLaine never met a UFO she didn't like
Jamie Maussan, stars are actually motherships
Rob McConnell Coming Soon!
Stacey Allen McGee
Billy Meier, time traveler, reincarnation of Jesus, and a whole lot more!
Melissa Ann Morton, long suffering spouse of Sean
Sean David Morton, best psychic in the world!
Kate Mucci
Daniel Munoz
Joe Nickell, can't find any saucers. Duh. Look up!
George Noory
Ron Nussbeck Coming Soon!
Urandir Oliveira

Jeff Peckman New!
Rael
James Randi Coming Soon!
Jonathan Reed, stuck an alien in the fridge and lived
Harold Chacon Rodriguez
Stan Romanek New!
Michael Salla New!
Ray Santilli and the Alien Autopsy Film
Donald Schmitt, Medical illustrator or Postman?
David Sereda - stub for dB with a nice quote Coming Soon!
Lee Shargel, talks to alien dolphins
Jim Sparks Coming Soon!
Robert A.M. Stephens, the SEAL wannabe
Wendelle Stevens
Clifford Stone Coming Soon!
Pamela Stonebrooke, has sex with reptilians
Dr. Jill Tarter, can't tell a UFO from the Moon
Dirk Vander Ploeg New!
Fife Symington New!
Alfred Webre New!
Prophet Yahweh

Frys Girl

Not to defend this douchenozzle Sean David Morton in any way at all, but seriously, is there a difference between what he does and what some other douchenozzle at Morgan Stanley or UBS does? The stock market is always gambling and it's all like banking on a psychic anyway.

Jim Cramer was telling people what a great investment Lehman Brothers was the evening before it all crashed lol and he's supposedly the Wall Street Wizard. What's the difference? I think Sean David Morton is just more obvious about his douche-ness whereas Jim Cramer and his elk wear suits and silk ties.

NO ONE predicted the crashes of the market. Oh right, Alex Jones, he was saying it for 15 years and it finally happened twice. Even a broken clock..... sorry. Also precious metals? They're called precious for a reason.

b_dubb

there were people predicting the recent meltdown. the guy I used to share an office with rattled off a few details from an article he was reading back in 2007 that pretty well outlined everything that happened. and it wasn't written by SDM

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on August 15, 2011, 07:31:53 PM
and it wasn't written by SDM
Sean David Morton would disagree. In this video, he says in the first minute that he predicted it in 1996 with his psychic vision that Congress would repeal the Glass Steagall Act.

http://youtu.be/pW4JUMRvbRw

I can see how some people can fall for this schmuck. He's got lots of confidence. Richard C. Hoagland's M.O. isn't much different. I'm so glad he got sued and lost. Good on ufowatchdog.

Scruff

I just had to turn off the live stream because this guy was annoying me.  Then I came here and found this thread - I'm all better now that I saw his future (so to speak).  Made my day.

What really bugged me though was the way he kept saying "Poo-POOOD" over and over.  Like nails on a chalkboard coming from a grown man.  Yeesh.

Frys Girl

Oh my gosh. This is ridiculous. I can't believe anyone believes these people. NONE Of these predictions came true. I also think that Sean David Morton has lied about training with the Dalai Lama! WTF!? He says that in 2006, America will split Iraq in three parts and leave there to attack Syria. So much bull!!

Predictions with George Noory (full TV special from 2006)

Oversoul

Quote from: Frys Girl on June 01, 2012, 06:33:59 PM
Oh my gosh. This is ridiculous. I can't believe anyone believes these people. NONE Of these predictions came true. I also think that Sean David Morton has lied about training with the Dalai Lama! WTF!? He says that in 2006, America will split Iraq in three parts and leave there to attack Syria. So much bull!!

What a schmuck this Morton character is.  The tub of lard should be deep fried for his fat lies.   >:(

And this Dames character in the video too...  I somehow get the intuitive feeling that in a past lifetime, he was a witch who was burned alive at the stake.  It doesn't look like he learned his lessons in that past lifetime as a cackling crone, as he's being one again in this lifetime.  Too bad they don't burn witches at the stake anymore.   ;D

Oversoul

I saw the Numbers Lady toward the end of the video.  Gee, she's put on a lot of weight.  I wonder what the numbers on the weighing scales read for her now?   ;D

Frys Girl

Quote from: Oversoul on June 02, 2012, 05:05:27 AM
I saw the Numbers Lady toward the end of the video.  Gee, she's put on a lot of weight.  I wonder what the numbers on the weighing scales read for her now?   ;D
You know the "fat person online picture trick poses?" Glynnis McCants and Sean David Morton have mastered those poses.

Everything is a lie with these guys.