• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Men's full-length leather duster

Started by Mordred478, December 08, 2009, 06:08:18 AM

Caruthers612

Dudes o' mine,

Years ago, as a hep East Village rocker artsy type, winter would find me sporting not only wood, but the most righteous, black leather coat, muy rock 'n' roll in style, what I had acquired at some artry overpriced East Village boutique.

Said vestment was to suffed a tragic encounter with some wet paint, ne'er to recover. Since then, I have sought to replace it.

Though I see online many varieties of men's leather coats, I ain't not never seen nothin' hep enough for me. I ain't want no gaywad Steve Bozell Western Wear. And buying 'spensive clothes that have to be tailored to one's gravity enhanced middle-aged body online is dubious, anywho.

So, any s'ggestions as to what, where and who? Remember, I am Neo. Except that I'm short and pudgy.

M

valdez

It's called a "Car Coat".  Lots of companies make them.  They come in slight variations.  The coolest one I ever saw was made by Gap.  Good enough for the Black Panthers, Bruce Springsteen, and Lou Reed.  Long enough to hide a shot gun, but without the Gestapo effect...
I can't seem to paste the pic, so here is a link to one...
http://www.gettington.com/product.aspx?groupxid=96913&CTid=655&mr:referralID=a973946e-e3f4-11de-9b2c-000423bb4e79

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: valdez on December 08, 2009, 06:51:06 AM
It's called a "Car Coat".  Lots of companies make them.  They come in slight variations.  The coolest one I ever saw was made by Gap.  Good enough for the Black Panthers, Bruce Springsteen, and Lou Reed.  Long enough to hide a shot gun, but without the Gestapo effect...
I can't seem to paste the pic, so here is a link to one...
http://www.gettington.com/product.aspx?groupxid=96913&CTid=655&mr:referralID=a973946e-e3f4-11de-9b2c-000423bb4e79
wow.  that's a nice looking coat.  do they look ridiculous on someone of advanced waist-line such as myself?

Quote from: Mordred478 on December 08, 2009, 06:08:18 AM
I ain't want no gaywad Steve Bozell Western Wear.

BWAHAHAHA!

MABUSE

Quote from: Mordred478 on December 08, 2009, 06:08:18 AM
Dudes o' mine,

Years ago, as a hep East Village rocker artsy type, winter would find me sporting not only wood, but the most righteous, black leather coat, muy rock 'n' roll in style, what I had acquired at some artry overpriced East Village boutique.

Said vestment was to suffed a tragic encounter with some wet paint, ne'er to recover. Since then, I have sought to replace it.

Though I see online many varieties of men's leather coats, I ain't not never seen nothin' hep enough for me. I ain't want no gaywad Steve Bozell Western Wear. And buying 'spensive clothes that have to be tailored to one's gravity enhanced middle-aged body online is dubious, anywho.

So, any s'ggestions as to what, where and who? Remember, I am Neo. Except that I'm short and pudgy.

M

I have an ankle length black leather duster that I picked up in Mexico years and years ago.  I wish I could find another one on THIS side of the border!  At 6'5" leather dusters are hard to come by, dammit, so I feel your pain.

Allow me, however, to suggest a fabulous steam-punk alternative:
http://www.gentlemansemporium.com/store/001816.php

I got one last year and it is most cool, indeed.

my two cents for what its worth...

**M**

EvB

Car coats are nice - and very versatile - can be worn with jeans or a business suit and anything in between.  But, I don't think that's what you re looking for. You need a full length trench coat or duster. - If you are as short as you say, a one that is intended to hit mid-calf (often called "Three Quarter" coats) may be just the thing on you (it will look full length on)

But really Mordred, instead of trying to get that Neo coat again (let's face it - the reason it's hard to find anywhere but costumes shops is that it's become cliche) look at other trenches that give you a similar, but more individual look.  I love the idea of the gunner's trench.

Another idea is a classic leather trench.  It'll do the trick and not go out of style. THIS ONE is nice.  A bit pricy, but if you don't get paint on it it should last you a very long time.