• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on May 16, 2020, 02:45:32 PM
...Should I continue to cower locked away in my basement like our prime minister until a vaccine is found?

You have BellGab, so no worry there.  The size of your sardine stash is the ultimate deciding factor.

WOTR

Quote from: ItsOver on May 16, 2020, 02:56:13 PM
You have BellGab, so no worry there.  The size of your sardine stash is the ultimate deciding factor.

Thank goodness. I see a new tweet from my UN / WHO overlords (UN’s Human Rights High Commissioner Michelle Bachelet) reminding me that economic considerations should not play a part in my leaving my house. This is about the #humanright to not have to face death.* I'll voluntarily remain in my bunker until the WHO officially releases me.

*It's funny to see the high commissioner for human rights not talking about the human right to be employed, have a house, be able to purchase food... But I suppose that she knows which human rights are more important. And right now it is my human right to not be infected...
https://twitter.com/mbachelet/status/1260934373710327811

K_Dubb

But the WHO is now saying we may never get a vaccine. I need some advice. Should I continue to cower locked away in my basement like our prime minister until a vaccine is found?

From the Jerusalem post. https://www.jpost.com/international/this-virus-may-never-go-away-who-627909

"It is important to put this on the table: this virus may become just another endemic virus in our communities, and this virus may never go away," WHO emergencies expert Mike Ryan told an online briefing.

I think it is important we are realistic and I don't think anyone can predict when this disease will disappear," he added. "I think there are no promises in this and there are no dates. This disease may settle into a long problem, or it may not be."

Dear WOTR,

Cowering in your basement is just fine as long as you share the space with a weight bench and an elliptical but exercising shirtless outdoors is preferable, even in cloudy weather, due to the body's natural production of Vitamin D.  Whether you see it is reducing comorbidities or preparing to look good to meet your Maker (for in heaven there are no clothes and we are clothed only in righteousness -- mine is appropriately skimpy) it's a win-win.

Your most humble and obedient style correspondent,
Gay_Dubb

WOTR

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 16, 2020, 03:18:17 PM
Dear WOTR,

Cowering in your basement is just fine as long as you share the space with a weight bench and an elliptical but exercising shirtless outdoors is preferable, even in cloudy weather, due to the body's natural production of Vitamin D.  Whether you see it is reducing comorbidities or preparing to look good to meet your Maker (for in heaven there are no clothes and we are clothed only in righteousness -- mine is appropriately skimpy) it's a win-win.

Gay_Dubb

I thank you for your swift response. I shall combine the best of both worlds. I shall cower in my basement with a weight bench and elliptical trainer from the early evening through the early morning and garden in the nude by day to get my vitamin D and a nice tan. After all, if there are no cloths in heaven, then I would hate to show up with pasty legs and obvious tan line.  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on May 16, 2020, 03:15:54 PM
Thank goodness. I see a new tweet from my UN / WHO overlords (UN’s Human Rights High Commissioner Michelle Bachelet) reminding me that economic considerations should not play a part in my leaving my house. This is about the #humanright to not have to face death.* I'll voluntarily remain in my bunker until the WHO officially releases me.

*It's funny to see the high commissioner for human rights not talking about the human right to be employed, have a house, be able to purchase food... But I suppose that she knows which human rights are more important. And right now it is my human right to not be infected...

K_Dubb

Quote from: WOTR on May 16, 2020, 03:26:11 PM
I thank you for your swift response. I shall combine the best of both worlds. I shall cower in my basement with a weight bench and elliptical trainer from the early evening through the early morning and garden in the nude by day to get my vitamin D and a nice tan. After all, if there are no cloths in heaven, then I would hate to show up with pasty legs and a contrasting tan line.  ;)

As it was in the Beginning!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 16, 2020, 03:18:17 PM
Dear WOTR,

Gay_Dubb

If I die and find you swanking around wearing nothing but a lubricious smile I'll know I'm not in heaven.

K_Dubb

Contact tracing may be confidential but how much you wanna bet they all know who it is.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-05-16/coronavirus-mothers-day-church-service-butte-county?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+latimes%2Ffeatures%2Fhealth+%28L.A.+Times+-+Health%29

Forget the conspiracies; public shaming like this will reduce cooperation like nothing else.

K_Dubb

Like.  Is it worth it?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 16, 2020, 04:56:36 PM
Like.  Is it worth it?

Freedom? Always! You really shouldn’t even have to ask. ::)

whoozit

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 15, 2020, 01:49:41 PM
Ha ha ha move 'em out chubbycakes.
During yesterday’s run I saw a large woman out walking/running.  Since she is out trying to become non-chubby (there is a joke there about her already being non-chubby and trying to chiefs chubbiness) would she be eligible for your Camp Corona?  This is one of the gray areas that should be worked out beforehand.

whoozit

But the WHO is now saying we may never get a vaccine. I need some advice. Should I continue to cower locked away in my basement like our prime minister until a vaccine is found?

From the Jerusalem post. https://www.jpost.com/international/this-virus-may-never-go-away-who-627909

"It is important to put this on the table: this virus may become just another endemic virus in our communities, and this virus may never go away," WHO emergencies expert Mike Ryan told an online briefing.

I think it is important we are realistic and I don't think anyone can predict when this disease will disappear," he added. "I think there are no promises in this and there are no dates. This disease may settle into a long problem, or it may not be."
Why are contradictory statements from “experts” considered leadership yet when Trump tries to be upbeat and positive he gets hammered?  It seems to me that the experts should be held to higher standards than the CEO.  I know if there is an issue with a product at my company chewing out the CEO is never the answer, he is just a figurehead.  I understand that Trump tramples everyone’s delicate sensibilities but ultimately he follows the advice of the experts.  Talk about shooting the messenger.

whoozit

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on May 16, 2020, 05:44:21 PM

You are making me think I should give Senda the benefit of the doubt. 

WOTR

Quote from: FearBoysWithBugs on May 16, 2020, 04:30:46 PM

That is kind of funny... So your a government agency says it is important to wear a mask. An entire government in Sweeden is taking the opposite approach...

"Face masks in public spaces do not provide any greater protection to the population," the Public Health Agency's general director Johan Carlson said at a press conference on Wednesday (May 13).

Swedish health and other top government officials have said social distancing, washing hands, not touching your face, and stay home if sick, are some of the best ways to limit the spread of COVID-19. They argue, wearing a face mask would make people less inclined to follow social distancing rules and provides a false sense of security as there is still a risk of transmission.

SVT suggested other countries have enforced mask-wearing to make people feel safe, though as explained by Swedish officials, there's no concrete evidence that masks protect people from the virus. *

From what I have observed, it is true. People without masks are standing the hell apart from each other while those in masks have become "close talkers" again...

*From zerohedge.

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on May 16, 2020, 05:52:56 PM

...SVT suggested other countries have enforced mask-wearing to make people feel safe, though as explained by Swedish officials, there's no concrete evidence that masks protect people from the virus...

Somebody should tell the medical care folks.  Unless they're like Dubb and are just making a fashion statement. 

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on May 16, 2020, 03:15:54 PM

Hey, High Commissioner Michelle Bitchelet...

K_Dubb

Quote from: whoozit on May 16, 2020, 05:42:36 PM
During yesterday’s run I saw a large woman out walking/running.  Since she is out trying to become non-chubby (there is a joke there about her already being non-chubby and trying to chiefs chubbiness) would she be eligible for your Camp Corona?  This is one of the gray areas that should be worked out beforehand.

Oh the poor sweet thing!  Every time I see one of those I don't know whether to make air kisses and call her honey or holler swim faster you whale since I'm pretty sure it's the latter that got her moving in the first place.

But sure, until you have an actual waist you can grab that isn't just a crimp in the fat rolls sex is a hypothetical irrelevance anyway.  They're basically neuter, distinguished from an obese male only by the lingering smell of baby powder that can't quite overcome the whiff of fat cheese.

K_Dubb

Quote from: ItsOver on May 16, 2020, 07:23:50 PM
Somebody should tell the medical care folks.  Unless they're like Dubb and are just making a fashion statement. 

Pretty sure they are talking about your homemade jobs and scarves, not medical ones.  The Swedes are right AFAIK; I haven't seen any actual studies proving it, though they were quick to credit it with Slovenia's success above.

I think the advice to wear improvised masks is based more on common sense.  Not that the virus can't get through but that you're not shooting it out like a spray bottle.  I can't blow out a candle with my coofiyeh on, for example, though it is the next thing to sheer.