• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Coronavirus 2020

Started by MV/Liberace!, January 23, 2020, 11:29:38 PM

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on April 11, 2020, 12:30:01 PM
Yep another blow to government-by-expert.

You will like this one:  no Easter services on tribal land (outside state jurisdiction) where people don't even get out of their cars.

https://www.king5.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/church-cancels-drive-in-easter-service-to-follow-social-distancing-guidelines/281-791cd1bf-0557-4602-9846-c3aa80b04c58

So weird. I don't get why people can't be in their cars except, I guess, they worry about accidents or tickets and cops/EMS not able to social distance?
I just went to Goodwill to drop some stuff off (lock-down opportunity to clean out closets, garage, etc.) And they are closed and "not accepting donations to COVID-19." They were open earlier this week but I, of course, put it off. And so now I got a truck load of stuff I need to move back. At a time of crisis and failed economy they aren't accepting donations?

I took a short cut through the WalMart parking lot. Surreal. Some people kitted up with masks, gloves, and some walking around with no protections. And a non-masked homeless man grooming his feet on the sidewalk and attempting to put on some old socks. With a mangy pitbull mix without a collar on a string next to him. Right by the entrance to the store?!

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 11, 2020, 12:29:42 PM

Failing that, a minimum wage illegal immigrant could sit on their chest and jam a pair of bellows down their throat. Cost-effective and stimulates the economy, if not the patient.
Plan is submitted for approval. My lobbyist made a point that it is more likely to be accepted by Dr. Birx if the illegals would wear fashionable scarves on all occasions, so I made that addition.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 11, 2020, 12:25:14 PM
If we could somehow resurrect Gert Frobe (of Goldfinger fame), de-age him about 20 years and, with a bit of minor cosmetic surgery, we might just pull it off.

Ha!  That could work.  That could work indeed..........   I was thinking about the Tiger commander from Kelly's Heroes but he but he is rather
Teutonic.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: albrecht on April 11, 2020, 01:00:24 PM
Plan is submitted for approval. My lobbyist made a point that it is more likely to be accepted by Dr. Birx if the illegals would wear fashionable scarves on all occasions, so I made that addition.

Shallow observers might see those scarves as the transparent attempt of a woman in late middle-age to conceal a turkey neck but I see it as a bit more sinister. I think it's a subtly insubordinate move to draw attention away from Dr Fauci, aǹd if he had any sense he'd show up to the next briefing in a cape to really put that limelight -hogging bitch in her place.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on April 11, 2020, 12:56:20 PM

So weird. I don't get why people can't be in their cars except, I guess, they worry about accidents or tickets and cops/EMS not able to social distance?
I just went to Goodwill to drop some stuff off (lock-down opportunity to clean out closets, garage, etc.) And they are closed and "not accepting donations to COVID-19." They were open earlier this week but I, of course, put it off. And so now I got a truck load of stuff I need to move back. At a time of crisis and failed economy they aren't accepting donations?

I took a short cut through the WalMart parking lot. Surreal. Some people kitted up with masks, gloves, and some walking around with no protections. And a non-masked homeless man grooming his feet on the sidewalk and attempting to put on some old socks. With a mangy pitbull mix without a collar on a string next to him. Right by the entrance to the store?!

Of course I don't believe it's Easter suppression due to anti-religious bias or something even more nefarious/mystical.

It's like the beach-closure clam-digging thing where, at the enforcement level, a blanket no-crowds order is simpler to enforce than one with asterisks (e. g. no crowds except where there's plenty of room and fresh sea air) and agency heads (who are universally opportunistic would-be autocrats) can't bring themselves to cede discretion to the people who actually enforce their edicts, like wildlife agents, because your steet-level (beach-level?) agent is a dumb goon who might be tempted to think for himself.

Plus the carloads might contain members from more than one household in close quarters who might not otherwise meet up and the little autocrats can't stand it.

I wish I could find the quote I read from one of our officials (ahem, public servants) who, in threatening non-essential businesses who stayed open, actually said "these voluntary guidelines are not optional."  Utterly unaware.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on April 11, 2020, 12:21:40 PM
Some of these eggheads with their models seem to be approaching RCH level of "modelling." First ignoring the disease and not modelling at all, changing the data all the time, updating it, changing advice to lessen spread, and now making it some kind of global model for global, wholesale changes to society, government, and religions.

Then why isn’t it called Covid 19.5?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 11, 2020, 01:28:33 PM
Shallow observers might see those scarves as the transparent attempt of a woman in late middle-age to conceal a turkey neck but I see it as a bit more sinister. I think it's a subtly insubordinate move to draw attention away from Dr Fauci, aǹd if he had any sense he'd show up to the next briefing in a cape to really put that limelight -hogging bitch in her place.

The woman knows how to accessorize and the scarf serves as a ready means to mask against the virus or to strangle Jim Acosta should the opportunity present itself.

So what goes on in southeast Oregon?   Other than a hunk of Montana it is about the biggest hunk of area that isn't all ate up with virus on the big board in the lower 48.

I always thought I'd go back to northern Michigan for retirement but it is virus central up there now.  I'm guessing SE Oregon is pretty much Nevada scrub extended to the north?

Kidnostad3

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 11, 2020, 01:41:14 PM

Right you are.  What is clearly lacking here is a naming convention. 

For those missing sports - Yahoo has a very special event going on live right now.  I'd watch it but I've gotta prepare to listen to DynamoHum's show in about an hour.  ;)

Anyway - here are details:

QuoteYahoo Sports and The Women’s Sports Foundation present an exclusive live broadcast with many of the most decorated athletes in sports history including Billie Jean King, Sabrina Ionescu, Katie Ledecky, and Carli Lloyd. Utilizing the hashtag #WeKeepPlaying, fans all over the world can submit video questions directly to the panel and share inspiration amidst one of the most challenging times for athletics with the impact of COVID-19.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/wekeepplaying-233831956.html

Dr. MD MD

Lockdown is creating demand for the original Nintendo Wii:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgQcGHVy57M

albrecht

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 11, 2020, 01:28:33 PM
:D

Considering the pressers are like a magic show of changing information, new model predictions, contrary advice, and misdirection the cape would be appropriate.

albrecht

I'm RCH has a 'model' showing it really should be. He has a guest that can cure it by yodelling. Or some voice modulation protocol due to.vibration, or something.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 11, 2020, 01:59:47 PM

I always thought I'd go back to northern Michigan for retirement.

Sounds bleak. Although that governor gets my milf-o-meter flashing.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 11, 2020, 02:28:46 PM
Sounds bleak. Although that governor gets my milf-o-meter flashing.

Grass is always greener - she always looks like she just bit a lemon to me.  I think I like that Home Secretary of yours better. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 11, 2020, 02:35:13 PM
Grass is always greener - she always looks like she just bit a lemon to me.  I think I like that Home Secretary of yours better.

Seen from behind, not so much. They should hang a 'wide load ' sign on her arse.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 11, 2020, 02:40:38 PM
Seen from behind, not so much. They should hang a 'wide load ' sign on her arse.

Really?   That would mean that she was as wide as she is tall then.    Hehehe.

Edit:   Upon further review, I see where you are coming from.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 11, 2020, 02:42:11 PM
Really?   That would mean that she was as wide as she is tall then.    Hehehe.

Edit:   Upon further review, I see where you are coming from.

She is actually one of the few with reason to be grateful for the virus. She was in trouble for bullying her staff. Basically she's a psycho bitch but with all this going on she'll probably fly under the radar.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 11, 2020, 02:52:55 PM
She is actually one of the few with reason to be grateful for the virus. She was in trouble for bullying her staff. Basically she's a psycho bitch but with all this going on she'll probably fly under the radar.

Let’s be honest. This (elite’s crimes going under the radar) is one of the two main reasons this is being done. The other is to try to sink president Trump (and nationalism everywhere) in order to start their global communist government.

Kidnostad3

Maher is a world class asshole but when he’s right, he’s right. 

https://youtu.be/htUlcy1yNbw

pate

Hoagland did call it Covid 19.5 on a show where he was a guest the other night, I think it was Clyde Lewis...  Funny as shit.

-p

ediot:  Yep, it was April 3rd Clyde Lewis.  Guessing it is in here somewhere: https://soundcloud.com/groundzeromedia/4320-deep-space-lying-aliens-at-the-wheel-w-richard-hoagland

albrecht

CNN blathering on with a headline "Hungary's PM Uses Pandemic To See More Power, Crush Dissent."  ;)

Meanwhile CNN Democrat Party Governors and Mayors are decreeing (usually without any voting) stay at home, don't go to school, don't go to church, don't go outside, we will arrest you if you go to the park or a drive, you cannot assemble in public, elections need to be suspended, gun sales must be banned, and we will determine what businesses can stay open. And what is necessary for you to buy.  And cancel all your appointments and we will tell you what health treatments you might receive if we choose to even give you healthcare, give a you a test, and you cannot visit your doctor or dentists except for emergency treatments....unless you want to get an abortion.Because those clinics must remain open in the time of a dire health pandemic crisis....Oh yeah and keep the borders open.....

whoozit

I’m not really a conspiracy theorist but this has moved from the absurd to the sublime.  Will Antifa be rounding up all of the dissidents?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on April 11, 2020, 05:50:33 PM
I’m not really a conspiracy theorist but this has moved from the absurd to the sublime.  Will Antifa be rounding up all of the dissidents?

I think maybe you are now. Of course, the term was invented to discredit people looking into the obvious weirdness surrounding the JFK assassination but now they just use it for whatever they want to suppress and unsuspecting idiots will nod their heads en masse just so they can feel like they’re on the winning side, I suppose.

whoozit

We go from millions will die in the US to tens of thousands will die.   And now social distancing will be hailed as the reason for the decline instead of the badly flawed models.  I suspect the models basically have someone type in a number and print it back out.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on April 11, 2020, 06:00:46 PM
We go from millions will die in the US to tens of thousands will die.   And now social distancing will be hailed as the reason for the decline instead of the badly flawed models.  I suspect the models basically have someone type in a number and print it back out.

Look, you’re getting kind of annoying now with all of your questions. Can’t you just be a good boy and not question authorities like everyone else isn’t? ::)