• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Flu Pandemic Finally Arrives to Destroy Civilization and C2CAM 1st Hour is ...

Started by RecoveringNoorholic, April 28, 2009, 07:59:54 PM

... with character actor Stephen Root discussing some of his intriguing and humorous roles! (last night)

Stephen Root is a riot but, come on, a global flu pandemic is like the climax C2CAM has been thrusting toward --- and right at the magic moment they pull out and go to get a sandwich?! WTF?

Who's the lead guest on Dec. 21, 2012 gonna be - Betty White? That's gonna be a disappointment to the 300 or so people GN has now extended invitations to as guests over the last couple years.

Dude, no kidding about that last part. Noory has practically invited every guest he's ever had on at some point in the interview to C2CAM's "2012 show". What the hell is he gonna say to all those people come showtime?

They need to do something legit for 2012, like a show with a live audience at the Hollywood Bowl (hosted by Art, of course). If they did a live show for 2012 I would totally go down for that.

Centurion73

You guy's hit a homer with that post.

QuoteWho's the lead guest on Dec. 21, 2012 gonna be - Betty White? That's gonna be a disappointment to the 300 or so people GN has now extended invitations to as guests over the last couple years.

QuoteDude, no kidding about that last part. Noory has practically invited every guest he's ever had on at some point in the interview to C2CAM's "2012 show". What the hell is he gonna say to all those people come showtime?

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAAHA CLASSIC!!

Be another ouija board moment or they will have problems like when they shut Knapp's feeds off or some shit.

Haha, yeah Cent...technical difficulties are what got Captain Kirk out of Klingon prison, man. They work wonders.  ;D

Frys Girl

He brought on a homeless person (ex homeless) last night. LOL. Nothing against homeless people. LOL. George...... Oh and he treated the guy like shit in my opinion. "Are those real?" (referring to the people who ask for money b/c they are hungry) "Or do they just take the money and go to he drug store and buy booze?"

MOH-RAWWWWN

RadioGaGaGirl

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on April 28, 2009, 07:59:54 PMWho's the lead guest on Dec. 21, 2012 gonna be - Betty White?

LOL! Thank you for making me literally spit n' spew coffee all over my computer screen as I burst out laughing.

Snoory: "Well folks, here we are, on the threshold of a new, exciting age for
            humanity! Welcome, one and all, to the Coast To Coast 'When Time Ran
            Out Galactic Countdown special! And what better way to kick-start
            ourselves into this new golden world than to have a true GOLDEN GIRL
            join us to ring it in! Ladies & gentlemen....BETTY WHITE! Hey, Betty!
            Howya doin'? Still got a pulse going there?"

Betty: "Hello George! Don't forget to get spayed or neutered!"

Snoory: "I won't. That's a promise."

Betty: "Oh...oh! I mean, your cat or dog! Tell all your listeners, too! I've been an
          SPCA spokesperson now for a long, long time!"

Snoory: "I'll make sure I tell the listeners your message! Say? Are you excited about
            tonight as much as I am, Betty?"

Betty: "Oh, my! Yes, George! I mean, who would have thought that a DVD collection
           of all the shows of "Celebrity Password" would be released today!"

Snoory: "Uh...er...no, Betty. I mean tonight is the night when the Mayan Calendar
            officially ends!"

Betty: "Oh! That's nice. Tom Brokaw's contract just expired with NBC, too."

Snoory: "Say, Betty, before we go to the commercial break, howz about telling me
            and our MILLIONS of viewers what the secret Coast to Coast password is
            for tonight?"

Betty: "SHIT!"

Snoory: "Uh....not the password that Tommy set up with you earlier, Betty!"

Betty: "Oh! Sorry. My little pussycat, Claude, just humped in heat all over my sofa!"

Snoory: "Hmmm...and you're preaching to all of US to have our pets spayed or
            neutered"?

Betty: "CAN IT, WILL YA!"

Snoory: "Okay, okay, but c'mon, Betty. What's the Coast to Coast special password
            for tonight's 'When Time Ran Out Galactic Countdown Special?'"

Betty: "TAHITI VILLAGE!!"

Snoory: "BINGO, BETTY!"

Betty: "B-12!"

Snoory: "Uh...no, Betty, this isn't a bingo game, what I meant was..."

Betty: "N-72!"

In the control booth, Tommy the producer turns to one of the crew:

Tommy: "For F***K sake! Cut it and run the Tahiti Village tape! This broad's gone off her rocker! I KNEW we should have gotten Susan Boyle instead!"

RadioGaGaGirl

EvB, I honestly don't know what possesses me to sit at my keyboard and type this stuff....err...maybe GaGa is goin' goo-goo?  ;D

Getting "serious" for a moment...

Can someone explain to me why, what with this purported flu pandemic, tonight's Coast to Coast show is about:

Nanotechnology, Crop Circles & Sunspots
Investigative reporter Linda Moulton Howe will discuss the explosive nanotechnology-produced thermite-like material found in 9/11 World Trade Center dust, English crop circle formations, and Earth's quiet sun-- blank without sunspots for most of the past year and a half.

Eh? I don't get this? One can only imagine the endless plethora of theories, clues, and questions which pertain to this still questionable global situation, and Georgie Boy is shooting the sh*t with Howe-dy-Doody about this stuff?

Or is it just me?

EvB

The potential for the swine flu to become pandemic has become hard news. While c2c does take this stuff on at times (usually for just the first hour) they are, first and foremost, entertainment.  We've had our first death in the US now with this virus (a Mexican toddler traveling with his family in Texas) and at least one White House staff member has symptoms.  It's no longer entertaining.

Too, this virus is the same as, or quite similar to, the one that caused the 1918 flu pandemic.  Estimates of the death tolls vary - but a conservative one is 25 million. When it comes to viral infections, medicine hasn't improved a whole lot in the last century. 

If I were in charge of c2c -I'd soft-pedal this one too. The last thing we need is mass panic  - and the c2c audience is made up - in large part - of people prone to hysteria.

Now - wasn't THAT a cheery post!   8)

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on April 30, 2009, 02:32:54 PM
The potential for the swine flu to become pandemic has become hard news. While c2c does take this stuff on at times (usually for just the first hour) they are, first and foremost, entertainment.  We've had our first death in the US now with this virus (a Mexican toddler traveling with his family in Texas) and at least one White House staff member has symptoms.  It's no longer entertaining.

Too, this virus is the same as, or quite similar to, the one that caused the 1918 flu pandemic.  Estimates of the death tolls vary - but a conservative one is 25 million. When it comes to viral infections, medicine hasn't improved a whole lot in the last century. 

If I were in charge of c2c -I'd soft-pedal this one too. The last thing we need is mass panic  - and the c2c audience is made up - in large part - of people prone to hysteria.

Now - wasn't THAT a cheery post!   8)

Not an American death, a death on American soil, but the two are not the same. I am with GaGa on how Moldy Cow is going to try and spin Nanothermite only one way to get thermite it does not just appear organically. C2C soft - pedal you say, never. The last thing we need is mass panic, why not? Maybe something would get done then instead of another president going golfing.

I am still waiting for Ed Dames kill shot to happen until then everything else is secondary  ;D.

EvB

QuoteNot an American death, a death on American soil, but the two are not the same.

I'm amazed you have to make such a fine distinction!  Setting natural concern for the child and the child's family aside - the facts are these:

1) A child died of this flu on US soil

2) That means that the virus in undeniably in the US (as if we coud not have figured that out)

3) The virus is contagious.

4) Viruses tend to be most contagious before symptoms appear in the host.

5) Toddlers (the child who died was a toddler) are notoriously unsanitary critters.

Question:  Who knows who or what this child touched, sneezed on, drooled on, spat on, dripped boogers on, etc . . ?

All that said - I never said it was an American death (though it WAS - since we are splitting hairs - US residents re not the only "Americans" - though they tend to identify with Central and South America, Mexico IS a North American nation) What I SAID was:

QuoteWe've had our first death in the US now with this virus (a Mexican toddler traveling with his family in Texas) and at least one White House staff member has symptoms.

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on April 30, 2009, 05:14:28 PM
I'm amazed you have to make such a fine distinction!  Setting natural concern for the child and the child's family aside - the facts are these:

1) A child died of this flu on US soil

2) That means that the virus in undeniably in the US (as if we coud not have figured that out)

3) The virus is contagious.

4) Viruses tend to be most contagious before symptoms appear in the host.

5) Toddlers (the child who died was a toddler) are notoriously unsanitary critters.

Question:  Who knows who or what this child touched, sneezed on, drooled on, spat on, dripped boogers on, etc . . ?

All that said - I never said it was an American death (though it WAS - since we are splitting hairs - US residents re not the only "Americans" - though they tend to identify with Central and South America, Mexico IS a North American nation) What I SAID was:

is all of the above a version of
Quotemass panic  - and the c2c audience is made up - in large part - of people prone to hysteria.

1. True

2. true was never contended.

3.  Appears to be true but the question is by what vector?

4. Not always true depends on virus and how it attacks cells some become more contagious after symptoms appear but a fair statement.

5. OH so true and they should be IMO.

QuoteAll that said - I never said it was an American death (though it WAS - since we are splitting hairs - US residents re not the only "Americans"
Child was Mexican not American.

You never stated they WERE US residents at all "a Mexican toddler traveling with his family in Texas." Hence, the death, but not an American death.
And I know the distinction between the "Americas" and what the difference between terms as The Americas and American are.

QuoteThe potential for the swine flu to become pandemic has become hard news...

QuoteIt's no longer entertaining.

When was it ever entertaining?

QuoteI agree it's a little over-dramatic.  But, pandemics do happen.  Let's hope this turns out to be another "bird flu."  Not pretty - but not about to decimte our population either!

www.latimes.com/features/health/la-sci-swine-reality30-2009apr30,0,119808,full.story

"Genetic data indicate this outbreak won't be as deadly as that of 1918, or even the average winter."

Badboy

Who cares?  If it was that phony POS "Art Bell", all of you punks would be hanging on his every word!  He's a >Deleted By Mod< and a thieving POS.  What don't you get about his scam?

Sorry Badboy  -- that was a little to close to the line for my comfort. You may not have meant it literally - but it was too easy to read that way.

Centurion73

Only 7 swine flu deaths, not 152, says WHO
www.smh.com.au/

"Vivienne Allan, from WHO's patient safety program, said the body had confirmed that worldwide there had been just seven deaths - all in Mexico - and 79 confirmed cases of the disease."

"Ms Allan said WHO had confirmed 40 cases of swine flu in the Americas, 26 in Mexico, six in Canada, two in Spain, two in Britain and three in New Zealand."

""This virus is not airborne, it's caused by droplets ... so it's not a time for worry. It's a time to be prepared,"

Ron Paul Puts Swine Flu into Perspective plus 1976 Propaganda

4/27/2009 Dr. Paul talks about the swine flu outbreak, government hype, and the disastrous 1976 effort to vaccinate.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bilx-mb1OtM&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Funcoverthenews%2Ecom%2F&feature=player_embedded

I've been anxious to hear how AJ is covering this but haven't had a chance to listen to his "show" yet --- or the bearable part thereof ... though I understand our girl Rollye James was a guest on it the other day speaking about the swine flu.

On an entirely unrelated matter I was menaced by a raccoon this evening.

I went for a walk where I live in a very urban area of Seattle. While Seattle may be somewhat provincial it's not exactly the frontier and the most exotic wildlife I usually see are house cats.

But, this evening, I walked past four raccoons (granted, raccoons are a pretty urban animal); in the 4 years I've lived here I've seen one prior to this evening. The fourth raccoon I came across started chasing after me. Raccoons don't move too fast and he was a little ways from me when he started so it's not exactly like I was running away but he was clearly galloping toward me. When he got pretty close I turned around to face him, recalling that raccoons are the closest relative of bears and you're not supposed to turn your back on a bear. Even facing him he continued to inch toward me. I turned again to continue walking and, once my back was turned, he - again - made a fast break toward me, so I spun back at him and started moving toward him at which point he gently changed direction and continued on his way.

I'm pretty sure the raccoon was not rabid as it had some sense of trepidation when I confronted it, and it also wasn't snarling or anything. However, a search of Google News and Blogpulse shows an uptick in stories nationally about raccoon confrontations. Here's one about two rabid raccoon attacks within a span of a week in Fairfax, Va. (Separately, on the SD Zoo Website, last updated a year ago, it notes that there's no documented case of a human contracting rabies from a raccoon in US history.)

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/news/2009/apr/08/rabid-animal-attacks-concern-police/

RadioGaGaGirl

Quote from: EvB on April 30, 2009, 02:32:54 PM

Evb, first and foremost, I do not find anything even remotely "entertaining" about the current spread of this particular flu virus. Not at all. Secondly, C2C has selected and "discussed", for lack of a better term, some pretty serious topics in the past; whether they were handled in a professional manner or not is a question for debate. That said, I feel certain "serious" topics/realms of discussion were, and most probably will continue to be, handled in a less than responsible manner.

What I am trying to convey is that if C2C elected to pick up this particular ball, then they should consider running with it to the end of the line, rather than dropping it just after crossing the starting line. But I do see your point re the audience and their ingestion/assimilation of the information transmitted, especially given the current host and producers.

GaGa

Frys Girl

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on May 01, 2009, 02:17:18 AM

On an entirely unrelated matter I was menaced by a raccoon this evening.

I went for a walk where I live in a very urban area of Seattle. While Seattle may be somewhat provincial it's not exactly the frontier and the most exotic wildlife I usually see are house cats.

But, this evening, I walked past four raccoons (granted, raccoons are a pretty urban animal); in the 4 years I've lived here I've seen one prior to this evening. The fourth raccoon I came across started chasing after me. Raccoons don't move too fast and he was a little ways from me when he started so it's not exactly like I was running away but he was clearly galloping toward me. When he got pretty close I turned around to face him, recalling that raccoons are the closest relative of bears and you're not supposed to turn your back on a bear. Even facing him he continued to inch toward me. I turned again to continue walking and, once my back was turned, he - again - made a fast break toward me, so I spun back at him and started moving toward him at which point he gently changed direction and continued on his way.

I'm pretty sure the raccoon was not rabid as it had some sense of trepidation when I confronted it, and it also wasn't snarling or anything. However, a search of Google News and Blogpulse shows an uptick in stories nationally about raccoon confrontations. Here's one about two rabid raccoon attacks within a span of a week in Fairfax, Va. (Separately, on the SD Zoo Website, last updated a year ago, it notes that there's no documented case of a human contracting rabies from a raccoon in US history.)

http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/news/2009/apr/08/rabid-animal-attacks-concern-police/
Those were not ATTACKS in Fairfax.

Even a person on a 35K/year salary has a landscaping team at his/her home once every two weeks. It's sick.

What happened in those cases was that landscapers were pouring dirt and pulling weeds in bushes, where the raccoons lived. They bit.

If you think this h1n1 virus is fake, trust me, this rabid animal thing was too. They made everyone get rabies shots here.

I love raccoons and long time ago, i used to put cat food out for them during baby times. They have been reduced in the past 2 years, and I'm not sure why. I also have a fox who lives nearby. Wildlife is my passion. I wish I had done something related to it for a career.

EvB

Just to be clear - I do not find this flu "entertaining" either -

My point was that c2c is more about info-tainment than news.

RadioGaGaGirl

Quote from: EvB on May 01, 2009, 10:14:12 AM
Just to be clear - I do not find this flu "entertaining" either - My point was that c2c is more about info-tainment than news.

My bad. Evb, I was NOT implying that you found this flu entertaining; I meant that I did not - and was relating that to your apt view of C2C being
"info-tainment", a point with which I agree. I apologize, as after re-reading my post to you, I did come off sounding like an accusing bitch - which I am NOT...well...I can be a bitch at times...but honey, I wasn't pointing any fingers at you!

Note to Self: Ensure text is cohesive prior to posting!!  8)

EvB

QuoteNote to Self: Ensure text is cohesive prior to posting!!  8)

Haha!  No worries!  Actually, you were not the first to point out my use of the word "entertainment" in relation to the flu reports - so it wasn't only you I was speaking to.  And - i wasn't upset - just clarifying - as well all need to do from time to time!

Centurion73

Quote from: EvB on May 01, 2009, 10:14:12 AM
My point was that c2c is more about info-tainment than news.

That is the problem I think the idiots in charge of C2C hope to think they are a news show or wish they were one. As far as I know C2C has Only news person Knapp, and he does not often do news that a person with an I.Q. higher that 52 would understand while he is on C2C.

Average death rate for the "common" flu  in the USA "During a typical year in the United States, 30000 to 50000 persons die." So what is the point if it has a name "swine" h151 or not dead is dead. Imagine that supposedly h151 is affected by Taniflu now what Bush administration department head was involved with that and it was just reported that a large order with said company has been placed to stockpile...again. Maybe it is a test of how Presidential Directive 51 would work since it was not repealed?

Centurion73

Quote from: Badboy on April 30, 2009, 09:23:06 PM
Who cares?  If it was that phony POS "Art Bell", all of you punks would be hanging on his every word!  He's a >Deleted By Mod< and a thieving POS.  What don't you get about his scam?

Sorry Badboy  -- that was a little to close to the line for my comfort. You may not have meant it literally - but it was too easy to read that way.

I figured you would delete that and if it is the real one from the butthawk zone I hope Art sues the fuck out of him because that is one thing Art does rather well other than radio. Kudo's to you my dear lady and may you be named in the lawsuit, lol.

I love raccoons and long time ago, i used to put cat food out for them during baby times. They have been reduced in the past 2 years, and I'm not sure why. I also have a fox who lives nearby. Wildlife is my passion. I wish I had done something related to it for a career.

I love raccoons too but they're pretty unpredictable. The fact that they're small, intelligent and normally gentle belies their jaw/muscle power or penchant to charge if there are kittens in the area. We've worked for thousands of years to conquer this planet and the hell if I'm going to be the one responsible for backing-down to a raccoon and giving moral support to an animal uprising. That's how it always starts.

Frys Girl

LOL no one is asking you to back down to a raccoon. We're beyond conquering - we've entered destruction planet phase 1. Here in DC, there are frogs with 6 legs and we have more "dead zones" than Puget Sound. Hooray!

Centurion73

Quote from: Frys Girl on May 02, 2009, 06:19:30 AM
LOL no one is asking you to back down to a raccoon. We're beyond conquering - we've entered destruction planet phase 1. Here in DC, there are frogs with 6 legs and we have more "dead zones" than Puget Sound. Hooray!

6 Legs? Is that like the Michael Jordan of frogs, get a pic please.

Frys Girl

I'm not sure where I can get you the pic, but there are also frogs with female and male genitals (fish have this reproduction problem too somehow).....  It is in the Frontline documentary called "Poisoned Waters". Keep in mind, factory farmers are to blame (just as with H1n1 virus). The chicken poop is the only part of the chicken that the Perdue/Kentucky Fried Chicken doesn't own - it's actually in the contract. Well that chicken shit is full of nitrate and goes into ponds/stream and eventually the Bay and Potomac River.

Here's the link. It has the photos of these leg and genital problems:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/poisonedwaters/view/