Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Lilith

Quote from: Norm on June 27, 2018, 10:37:19 PM
She's a regular radio professional by golly...

A truly memorable experience indeed!

Lilith

I hope the part where she was talking while she was off the air is in her archive tomorrow...

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on June 27, 2018, 10:37:51 PM
She said wanting to be on the radio was the worst dream she ever had a a child, or something like that.

Oh dear.

All, all of a piece throughout.
My chase had a beast in view,
My wars brought nothing about,
My lovers were all untrue.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on June 27, 2018, 10:41:00 PM
Oh dear.

All, all of a piece throughout.
My chase had a beast in view,
My wars brought nothing about,
My lovers were all untrue.

Truly lovely K_Dubb.

K_Dubb

Quote from: brig on June 27, 2018, 10:42:41 PM
Truly lovely K_Dubb.

Oh thank you, dear, but it's a paraphrase of Dryden.

Lilith

Heather and guest seem to have done a successful recovery, so far.

SnapT

This is boring.

Go back to saying DO THE WHOLE THING on a loop.

More interesting.

Lilith

Quote from: SnapT on June 27, 2018, 10:52:28 PM
This is boring.

More interesting.

I think George Senda would have found the bits about Jewish Law interesting tho...

It helps if you got a good supply of Alka-Seltzer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZKg-GYsvtg

Mr Apnea

This is boring.

More interesting.

I hope someone captured her rant in an mp3 - could be part of a new music parody.

Bluejay

Quote from: Mr Apnea on June 27, 2018, 11:05:52 PM
I hope someone captured her rant in an mp3 - could be part of a new music parody.
+1

Aquarius

Quote from: Bluejay on June 27, 2018, 11:25:58 PM
+1

Just fyi, gang, I just posted an attachment over in the MITD thread of the transcript from the Fringe page of Bryan's comments on the phone call he got this morning from Keith. Interesting, and yes those folks are beyond hope.

Have a good night and enjoy, it's not too long a transcript!

Aquarius

Quote from: Aquarius on June 27, 2018, 11:42:12 PM
Just fyi, gang, I just posted an attachment over in the MITD thread of the transcript from the Fringe page of Bryan's comments on the phone call he got this morning from Keith. Interesting, and yes those folks are beyond hope.

Have a good night and enjoy, it's not too long a transcript!

Just posted two additional pages on the MITD thread, now the real truth comes out, Lasher and Bryan ain't making peace!

Night for real now.

GravitySucks

Was that like a 30 second dump button for La$ha?

Kolchak

It's time for your Facebook Minuteâ,,¢. I'm your host, Poppy Harlow.

Tonight, after weeks, Heather managed to get an RSS feed - a basic, required feature of a podcast that literally takes two minutes at feedburner  or Nanacast to set up - up and running.

But like everything else, it didn't go smoothly for Apple device users (a key market).

Until even Heather admitted defeat, undercutting her own exciting announcement.

This has been your Facebook minuteâ,,¢.

Lilith

Well, I didn't manage to stay awake for the entire show, obviously, lol, but I will finish listening to it today.  Heathers place holder for the show is present, but the show hasn't been uploaded yet.  I DO hope Heather was recording her show, and was able to preserve her entire first half hour.  Although it was a little difficult to listen to, because it was so personal, I thought it was good to hear Heathers real voice, and her real feelings about "doing radio".  I see she has another guest scheduled for tonight, but honestly, I hope that not too much time goes by, before she tells us the true, unadulterated story of how she came to know Art, and the history from that moment to this. After she does that, she might be able to do a show that even she would enjoy.  I'm not sure Heather enjoys any of these topics and guests that much without Art around.  On the other hand, after Heather tells her Art Bell story, my advice would be to get out of the desert.  You know, move to a place where there are people around, maybe find a radio station there, and see if she can do a show from there as a hobby if she likes, and maybe find something else she likes to do to earn a living.  I'm not sure it would be easy to rent out the cuckshack, but some rich fans might bid way more than top dollar at an auction with a minimum bid set.

DynamoHum

Quote from: brig on June 28, 2018, 05:04:47 AM
Well, I didn't manage to stay awake for the entire show, obviously, lol, but I will finish listening to it today.  Heathers place holder for the show is present, but the show hasn't been uploaded yet.  I DO hope Heather was recording her show, and was able to preserve her entire first half hour.  Although it was a little difficult to listen to, because it was so personal, I thought it was good to hear Heathers real voice, and her real feelings about "doing radio".  I see she has another guest scheduled for tonight, but honestly, I hope that not too much time goes by, before she tells us the true, unadulterated story of how she came to know Art, and the history from that moment to this. After she does that, she might be able to do a show that even she would enjoy.  I'm not sure Heather enjoys any of these topics and guests that much without Art around.  On the other hand, after Heather tells her Art Bell story, my advice would be to get out of the desert.  You know, move to a place where there are people around, maybe find a radio station there, and see if she can do a show from there as a hobby if she likes, and maybe find something else she likes to do to earn a living.  I'm not sure it would be easy to rent out the cuckshack, but some rich fans might bid way more than top dollar at an auction with a minimum bid set.

+1 Brig agree with everything you say. I think the show and the situation is now toxic for her.

GravitySucks

There is a growing demand for rental houses in Pahrump.  She wouldn’t have any troubke renting or selling it as long as she was just looking to break even. She could probably even make a few bucks.

Frontsight training center is always hiring new instructors and people going to train are always looking for short term rentals.

Lilith

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 28, 2018, 05:21:01 AM

There is a growing demand for rental houses in Pahrump.  She wouldn’t have any troubke renting or selling it as long as she was just looking to break even. She could probably even make a few bucks.

Frontsight training center is always hiring new instructors and people going to train are always looking for short term rentals.

Even moving into Pahrump central would be better for Heather IMO.  Maybe she and Karen could get together, they have a lot in common really, with perhaps enough time passed, and maybe Heather could help Karen, and do a little show of her own about painting rocks for gardens or something, I dunno, anything Heather LIKES.  If rentals are becoming popular, maybe Heather could hook up with a real estate agency for a job, something like that for an income, IF she wants to stay in Pahrump.

Having some familiarity with renting out, I can say that short term rentals can be very costly for owners, with frequent moving in and outs, there is a lot of repair and repaint money and time involved in between each rental.  Myself, if I were Heather, I would sell it rather than rent it out for short term rentals.

I never really thought the people telling Heather she was doing a great radio show were doing her any favors.  It was just encouraging her to stay in the desert, surrounded by radio towers, in what seems an unhealthy social environment to me, IMO.

Metron2267

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 27, 2018, 07:39:03 PM
I distributed lots of meat last week.

Was it all chilled properly and USDA stamped? ;)

Metron2267

Quote from: Bluejay on June 27, 2018, 08:19:03 PM
My vote is for Vietnamese food:

Fried spring rolls with chicken brochettes and rice vermicelli.

I 100% endorse and add to your vote, pass the Nuoc Cham sauce please! :P

Metron2267

Quote from: WeinerInHand on June 27, 2018, 08:26:35 PM
I am hoping for something more authentic. Something so contradictory to my norm that I will either love it or wish that I'd never tried it!

Ah then, you my friend want the fried soft-shell crabs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ONcx1NDh8I

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on June 27, 2018, 10:08:13 PM
Heather has trouble making herself do her show sounds like, emotionally of course.  "It's too hard, the pain is too much."

Oh that flashed me back to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKwwcCpa2Ag

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on June 27, 2018, 10:50:14 PM
Heather and guest seem to have done a successful recovery, so far.

Indeed they did and put in a really superb show with Heather demonstrating actual research and really well timed questions. :D

Metron2267

Well, I didn't manage to stay awake for the entire show, obviously, lol, but I will finish listening to it today.

The show was probably;y her best ever and very much comparable to any other professional paranormal podcast out there.

She cam in prep'd, informed. inquisitive, and did a fantastic job!

QuoteI'm not sure Heather enjoys any of these topics and guests that much without Art around.  On the other hand, after Heather tells her Art Bell story, my advice would be to get out of the desert.  You know, move to a place where there are people around, maybe find a radio station there, and see if she can do a show from there as a hobby if she likes, and maybe find something else she likes to do to earn a living.  I'm not sure it would be easy to rent out the cuckshack, but some rich fans might bid way more than top dollar at an auction with a minimum bid set.

Wow.

She puts in her best effort yet and that is all you can say???

... After she does that, she might be able to do a show that even she would enjoy.  I'm not sure Heather enjoys any of these topics and guests that much without Art around...

Are you saying she's stuck in a dead end job she hates, like... Noory?

Pizzapunch

She's had more technical problems in a week with Lnm than during her entire tenure with Keith.

Metron2267

Quote from: brig on June 28, 2018, 05:31:21 AM
Even moving into Pahrump central would be better for Heather IMO. 

It might be, or it might be that she really loves the wide open spaces and helping Airyn with the kids.

QuoteMaybe she and Karen could get together, they have a lot in common really, with perhaps enough time passed, and maybe Heather could help Karen, and do a little show of her own about painting rocks for gardens or something, I dunno, anything Heather LIKES.

Karen Jackson is, if I read her properly, no fan of Heather or her appearance in Art's compound - that kind of enmity dies a slow lingering death, if ever...

QuoteIf rentals are becoming popular, maybe Heather could hook up with a real estate agency for a job, something like that for an income, IF she wants to stay in Pahrump.

WTF?

So now you want her in another field she knows nothing about?!?!?

QuoteHaving some familiarity with renting out, I can say that short term rentals can be very costly for owners, with frequent moving in and outs, there is a lot of repair and repaint money and time involved in between each rental.  Myself, if I were Heather, I would sell it rather than rent it out for short term rentals.

Maybe she doesn't WANT to do that, you ever think of that?

QuoteI never really thought the people telling Heather she was doing a great radio show were doing her any favors.  It was just encouraging her to stay in the desert, surrounded by radio towers, in what seems an unhealthy social environment to me, IMO.

Bur Brig it's not YOUR LIFE, now is it dear?

Sheesh... :o