• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

New FBI Director Pool - Let's have Your Picks!

Started by the_Stranger, May 10, 2017, 12:54:07 PM

the_Stranger

My money is on Chris Christie with a sentimental nod to Rudy JEW-liani, just for going drag for Trump.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on May 10, 2017, 01:19:32 PM
McCabe - he's already bought.

By the wrong side though. The DNC gave his wife $750000 to run in some district. They don't even really want him as the interm.  ;)

Juan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 10, 2017, 01:27:27 PM
By the wrong side though. The DNC gave his wife $750000 to run in some district. They don't even really want him as the interm.  ;)
Which side depends on whether you think Trump is a reformer or simply controlled opposition.  Either way, McCabe has been bought by the establishment.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Juan on May 10, 2017, 01:36:52 PM
Which side depends on whether you think Trump is a reformer or simply controlled opposition.  Either way, McCabe has been bought by the establishment.

The word I'm hearing is he's just a seat warmer. I hope this is true. If they keep him then maybe we can take that as confirmation of your controlled opposition theory. If that's true though then why would the Dems be making a big stink over the firing. Optics?  ???

Dr. MD MD

Juan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 10, 2017, 01:42:09 PM
The word I'm hearing is he's just a seat warmer. I hope this is true. If they keep him then maybe we can take that as confirmation of your controlled opposition theory. If that's true though then why would the Dems be making a big stink over the firing. Optics?  ???
The Dems making the noise aren't in on the fix. 

Jackstar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 10, 2017, 01:42:09 PM
your controlled opposition theory

... who controls how you freely assign ownership of shit?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on May 10, 2017, 02:17:56 PM

... who controls how you freely assign ownership of shit?

Speaking colloquially. I wasn't implying ownership.  ;)

GravitySucks

One article I read listed Fran Townsend. Don't know her, so no opinion but she worked for Guiliani and has experience with both organized crime and terrorism.

I think Gowdy would be great, but I would rather see him where he is. McCain and Graham would probably vote against him.

It won't be McCabe. He is under investigation for not recusing himself in the Clinton email investigation.

They may interview Clarke, but I don't see him making the cut.

Christie and Guiliani should not even be considered.

Preet Bharaha had Trump's respect. I'm sure his termination was a Sessions power play. But he probably has taken himself out of the running due to his criticism of the Comey termination.

There may be a shining star in the FBI. Right now they need someone that the FBI can rally behind and respect as a leader. Townsend and Bharaha probably have the best shot at that from the people I mentioned.

Juan

whoozit

I pick my nose.   Oops, I thought this was the confession thread.

albrecht

Quote from: Σ> on May 10, 2017, 03:34:23 PM

What the heck is she drinking? Jeez. Some new kind of anti-freeze, discharge from the Hanford Site, scrapings from the moss on the tunnel walls inside the secret NAZI base in Antarctica, or the stuff in those glow-sticks?

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2017, 05:07:13 PM
What the heck is she drinking? Jeez. Some new kind of anti-freeze, discharge from the Hanford Site, scrapings from the moss on the tunnel walls inside the secret NAZI base in Antarctica, or the stuff in those glow-sticks?

https://bossip.com/1555917/diamond-silk-drink-blue-coolaid-get-at-you-democratic-sneak-dissers-video/

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2017, 05:15:03 PM
https://bossip.com/1555917/diamond-silk-drink-blue-coolaid-get-at-you-democratic-sneak-dissers-video/
AH. Thanks. I like Juan's idea of Merrick Garland.
That would seriously make everyone inside-the-beltway and media head to explode. They already going nuts but that would cause a "Scanners" phenomena.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on May 10, 2017, 05:23:37 PM
AH. Thanks. I like Juan's idea of Merrick Garland.
That would seriously make everyone inside-the-beltway and media head to explode. They already going nuts but that would cause a "Scanners" phenomena.

I don't see a judge being good at a job like director of the FBI. It is more of an executive function. A lot of administrivia. Budgets, plans, policies, priorities, etc with the added requirement that you are political enough to wade through congressional hearings. Its not like you get to play top cop.

I nominated Agent Benis. Director Benis just sounds right too me. If that's wrong....

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 10, 2017, 05:44:57 PM
I don't see a judge being good at a job like director of the FBI. It is more of an executive function. A lot of administrivia. Budgets, plans, policies, priorities, etc with the added requirement that you are political enough to wade through congressional hearings. Its not like you get to play top cop.
I don't really want Garland but think it would just be funny.

mikuthing01

Quote from: rekcuf on May 10, 2017, 06:02:18 PM
I nominated Agent Benis. Director Benis just sounds right too me. If that's wrong....

Ebin :DD

I'd love to see Trey Gowdy as FBI Director or AG, but I doubt it will happen for a few more years.