• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Duck Dynasty shitstorm

Started by bateman, December 19, 2013, 12:07:29 PM

aldousburbank

Quote from: bateman on December 20, 2013, 05:34:32 PM
... But it's his religion, so we should be tolerant of his perfectly reasonable beliefs.  ::)
Any religion that is reasonable is oxymoronic and not worth following, IMHippieO. I will respect any religion which first respects mine, which is mostly about I make the damn rules and design the robes. Also, excellent coffee and Sunday bicycle services.

bateman

Quote from: Quick Karl on December 20, 2013, 05:42:52 PM
No different than some of the things I've heard Chris Matthews and Al Sharpton say, albeit on different topics, but same thing nevertheless.

Frankly, I don't find religious beliefs to be reasonable, but I find lots of social and political beliefs to be equally unreasonable.

No argument with any of that.

Quick Karl

Quote from: bateman on December 20, 2013, 05:45:03 PM
No argument with any of that.

But I DO find some religious teachings to be reasonable - Like do not steal, do not lie, do not covet they neighbor's wife - you know, all that stupid stuff that religions have taught people for thousands of years...

;D

bateman

Quote from: Quick Karl on December 20, 2013, 06:24:02 PM
But I DO find some religious teachings to be reasonable - Like do not steal, do not lie, do not covet they neighbor's wife - you know, all that stupid stuff that religions have taught people for thousands of years...

;D

http://youtu.be/CE8ooMBIyC8

Sambo

So what sort of bills or signing statements are going through right now while all this important news is breaking?

Good point, Sambo... if we few, we happy few... can go on for 12 pages about this knucklehead, what stories are we all (including our journalists) ignoring to concentrate on this tempest in a teapot?

Quote from: someguy on December 20, 2013, 04:30:59 PM
freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences

dude deserved to be fired and a lot of people posting in this thread are horrible people who should be ashamed of themselves. but I guess they can't help being idiot americans.

As far as this guy getting fired - ridiculous. 

How about all the gays who go around slamming Christians and Catholics - should we hunt them down and have them fired too?  If not, why not?

Quote from: NowhereInTime on December 20, 2013, 09:43:41 AM
... goaded Democrats as "weak" on communism and then conversely blamed all wars, as PB did...

Well, I don't think I did that. 

I was responding to someone claiming the Conservatives were the war mongers.  I think most of our military operations have been bi-partisan.

someguy

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 20, 2013, 08:40:40 PM
How about all the gays who go around slamming Christians and Catholics - should we hunt them down and have them fired too?  If not, why not?

You mean the gay people who are harassed, beaten, and killed all the time?

DanTSX

Quote from: someguy on December 20, 2013, 08:45:53 PM
You mean the gay people who are harassed, beaten, and killed all the time?

All the time?

This isn't Iran.

bateman

Quote from: DanTSX on December 20, 2013, 08:53:33 PM
All the time?

This isn't Iran.

There's been a disturbing uptick in violence against gays here in New York.

DanTSX

Quote from: bateman on December 20, 2013, 08:54:41 PM

Are you talking about the guy getting beat by the Hassidics in Crown Heights?

someguy

Quote from: DanTSX on December 20, 2013, 08:53:33 PM
All the time?

This isn't Iran.

Just because you don't notice it doesn't mean it's not happening.

DanTSX

Quote from: someguy on December 20, 2013, 08:57:17 PM
Just because you don't notice it doesn't mean it's not happening.

I didn't say it wasn't.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 20, 2013, 08:40:40 PM

As far as this guy getting fired - ridiculous. 

I couldn't agree with you more, so I won't. I still don't like dudes that shave their noggin and don't wear a hat. Zip it up already. Sorry. Merry Christmas!

Quick Karl

Quote from: bateman on December 20, 2013, 08:54:41 PM

I grew up in NYC - and most of the "gays" that get "beat up" get beat up by other gays, or the drug dealers they didn't pay. Been going on for a loooooong time - I remember when the gays at the Stonewall Inn would blow truckers for cash and pick-pocket the truckers wallets then starting crying to Eyewitness News when the Truckers got together and beat the living shit out of a few of them.

No one is fucking innocent in this life. If you mind your own business in NY you can get through life pretty easy.

Child of 19th Street & 10th Avenue - you know the neighborhood wasn't the Upper West Side...

I remember another famous locale - somewhere on 11th Ave under an old elevated rail near 45th street and the stupid fucks would actually be blowing and fucking each other in the street - and a few vigilantes would go to town on them every once in a while.

Whatever your sexual choice - that kind of behavior is sickening.

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on December 20, 2013, 09:02:51 PM
I grew up in NYC - and most of the "gays" that get "beat up" get beat up by other gays, or the drug dealers they didn't pay. Been going on for a loooooong time - I remember when the gays at the Stonewall Inn would blow truckers for cash and pick-pocket the truckers wallets then starting crying to Eyewitness News when the Truckers got together and beat the living shit out of a few of them.

No one is fucking innocent in this life. If you mind your own business in NY you can get through life pretty easy.

Child of 19th Street & 10th Avenue - you know the neighborhood wasn't the Upper West Side...

Well then, since you grew up in new york  you obviously know about every single instance of anti-gay violence that occurs in the united states huh?

aldousburbank

Quote from: DanTSX on December 20, 2013, 08:58:29 PM
I didn't say it wasn't.
Just because you didn't say it wasn't doesn't mean you didn't say that it isn't. 

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on December 20, 2013, 09:05:35 PM
Well then, since you grew up in new york  you obviously know about every single instance of anti-gay violence that occurs in the united states huh?

Fuck off douche bag - your daddy was right, you are a fuck up.

maureen

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 20, 2013, 09:01:34 PM
I couldn't agree with you more, so I won't. I still don't like dudes that shave their noggin and don't wear a hat. Zip it up already. Sorry. Merry Christmas!
;D lol big time!! and Happy Yule to you too!

DanTSX

Quote from: aldousburbank on December 20, 2013, 09:05:58 PM
Just because you didn't say it wasn't doesn't mean you didn't say that it isn't.

My thoughts are starting to have tracers behind them.  Like looking in a mirror facing another mirror  8)

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on December 20, 2013, 09:08:02 PM
Fuck off douche bag - your daddy was right, you are a fuck up.

Well, you're from new york so you must know my father.

Quick Karl

Quote from: someguy on December 20, 2013, 09:11:56 PM
Well, you're from new york so you must know my father.

And you're an asshole that take a fews instances of gays getting their faces kicked in and turning it into every gay on the planet be persecuted.

Moron you think just cause you suck dick you have some right to walk the Earth unscathed.

I'm going to move up to Lenox Ave and 125th street then cry when I'm not welcomed into the neighborhood with open arms...

Quick Karl

Quote from: bateman on December 20, 2013, 09:17:39 PM
Well, that incident is among them.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/gay-bashing-attacks-rise-city-article-1.1430370

Bateman - hundreds of people get their asses beat every day in NYC, for all manner of reasons. Gay doesn't give anyone any special rights.

bateman

Quote from: Quick Karl on December 20, 2013, 09:21:08 PM
Bateman - hundreds of people get their asses beat every day in NYC, for all manner of reasons. Gay doesn't give anyone any special rights.

Quick Karl - I am aware. What's disturbing is that they're being targeted for one specific reason that should not fucking matter.

someguy

Quote from: Quick Karl on December 20, 2013, 09:14:42 PM
And you're an asshole that take a fews instances of gays getting their faces kicked in and turning it into every gay on the planet be persecuted.

Moron you think just cause you suck dick you have some right to walk the Earth unscathed.

I'm going to move up to Lenox Ave and 125th street then cry when I'm not welcomed into the neighborhood with open arms...

You're an ignorant idiot and you're victim blaming.

Quick Karl

Quote from: bateman on December 20, 2013, 09:21:55 PM
Quick Karl - I am aware. What's disturbing is that they're being targeted for one specific reason that should not fucking matter.

Bateman - so they say.

I saw an ugly fat chic crying on TV cause she got shunned by a hot guy...'

This fucking victim bullshit is for the birds.