• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The "I'm watching/just watched *movie title* thread....

Started by PhantasticSanShiSan, September 26, 2008, 04:58:26 PM

Tarbaby

Quote from: HorrorRetro on August 08, 2014, 03:27:31 PM
Is there anywhere to watch that online? I checked Hulu and Netflix, but it's not there.
i'm watching it on cable on FX channel. Or if you had "on demand" from Comcast you could watch all five episodes that way.

Is there anywhere to watch that online? I checked Hulu and Netflix, but it's not there.

It's on FX, but it doesn't allow you to watch on their website. 

HorrorRetro

I'll check and see if the are going to rerun the beginning episodes, I guess. I do have Comcast, but their OnDemand doesn't play well with my Tivo.

Try putlocker

MrHippie

Fargo on FX was the show that I would make sure to catch every week. Great writing and acting with character development and a satisfying ending that rewards the viewers for sticking with it.

Watching The Strain now on FX. They seem to be making the right choices on that network.

And try primewire dot ag - lotsa good stuff there.

Quote from: zeebo on August 08, 2014, 02:44:35 AM
I just caught the first three episodes.  I'm digging it so far.

With a little help from my friends  ;), I finally got to binge watch 'True Detective'. Wow.  I am really liking the chemistry between McConaughey and Harrleson. This is some of the best acting, directing and writing I've seen in a long time. I think having the same director for all 8 episodes was brilliant. Also, so weird, but Harrleson gives off a little Officer Andy Renko vibe which I found appealing.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 09, 2014, 03:58:07 AM
With a little help from my friends  ;), I finally got to binge watch 'True Detective'. Wow.  I am really liking the chemistry between McConaughey and Harrleson. This is some of the best acting, directing and writing I've seen in a long time. I think having the same director for all 8 episodes was brilliant. Also, so weird, but Harrleson gives off a little Officer Andy Renko vibe which I found appealing.

OMG!  A Hill Street Blues ref.   :)  And you're right!!
I loved that show....Still searching for my very own "Pizza Man."

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Treading Water on August 09, 2014, 09:26:59 AM

Hill Street Blues, a beautiful melancholic tune to that. I loved it on TV.

coaster

I watched Frontera last night. Ed Harris lives near the border and watches as his wife dies, presumably at the hands of two border jumpers who crossed over on his land. While I enjoyed the acting and the scenery, this movie was the definition of "white guilt". Still worth watching if you are an Ed Harris fan.

Quote from: Treading Water on August 09, 2014, 09:26:59 AM

And I know you'll find him. Just stay away from the Johnny LaRues.  ;)

Wish i could remember what that border guard movie was that had ties to a JFK conspiracy...

onan

Quote from: missing transmission on August 09, 2014, 08:08:55 PM
Wish i could remember what that border guard movie was that had ties to a JFK conspiracy...

Was it Extreme Prejudice with Nick Nolte and Powers Boothe?

Khameleon808

Quote from: b_dubb on August 02, 2014, 05:01:10 PM
"Guardians of the Galaxy" is better than I expected. And I had high hopes.  Go see it on the big screen or you'll miss out.

Quill-Gamora 2016

GF and I just caught it last night.  Movie was hilarious.  And I too, previously had it built up. Only to have it surpass my expectations. 

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 09, 2014, 10:35:19 PM
Rosemary's Baby 1968

My father gave my Mom that book when she was in the maternity ward with me.  I think he thought it was a nice work on child rearing, not being too aware of popular culture or child rearing.

Quote from: yumyumtree on August 09, 2014, 10:35:19 PM
Rosemary's Baby 1968

I took that soundtrack(on vinyl) to college with me.  Used it to do my Psyc 101 homework. 
Memories.... :)

yumyumtree

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 09, 2014, 10:47:43 PM
My father gave my Mom that book when she was in the maternity ward with me.  I think he thought it was a nice work on child rearing, not being too aware of popular culture or child rearing.

I haven't read the book but am familiar with Ira Levin. In the movie Rosemary's doctor tells her to avoid child-rearing books.

My father gave my mother a kitschy little vase that was a little boy with a fishing creel. It was pink. Presumably there were flowers in it.

HAL 9000

The Knick

Wow. Beautifully crafted, accurate scenes of early 20th century medicine in New York. Intelligently written - so much better than most other drivel you'll find anywhere on TV. There are scenes not suited for the surgically squeamish - just look away, as they're quite realistic. Highly recommended.

Done by Cinemax - available for download in all the usual places. I also recommend using headphones or earbuds when watching - the audio is also well done.

Highly Recommended

b_dubb

"Copper" a series about Irish cops in the Five Points area of NYC during the Civil War. Think Gangs of New York meets Deadwood

onan

I'll Follow You Down and Transcendence this weekend. Both are worth the time.

b_dubb

The really bitchy, annoying teenage brat on Under the Dome is named Norrie. 

THERE ARE NO CONSHPIRASHEEES

As I am still under medical house arrest, so to speak, I've also watched the first season of The Newsroom and am going to plow through the second as well. Wow, just wow. The Bin Laden one really hit home hard. It was like living May 1st all over again. Good series.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on August 11, 2014, 02:34:08 PM
As I am still under medical house arrest, so to speak, I've also watched the first season of The Newsroom and am going to plow through the second as well. Wow, just wow. The Bin Laden one really hit home hard. It was like living May 1st all over again. Good series.

I loved the first season.  But....Yeah, maybe that's all I'll say about the second.   :(

HAL 9000

Quote from: b_dubb on August 10, 2014, 09:05:47 PM"Copper" a series about Irish cops in the Five Points area of NYC during the Civil War. Think Gangs of New York meets Deadwood

Thanks for this - downloaded both seasons right after your post, and am now binge watching when no baseball on. Great period surroundings, lighting, etc.

b_dubb

Quote from: HAL 9000 on August 17, 2014, 10:44:04 PM
Thanks for this - downloaded both seasons right after your post, and am now binge watching when no baseball on. Great period surroundings, lighting, etc.
I love that show. Surprised more people aren't talking about it

zeebo

Quote from: b_dubb on August 10, 2014, 10:52:33 PM
The really bitchy, annoying teenage brat on Under the Dome is named Norrie. 

THERE ARE NO CONSHPIRASHEEES

I think I mentioned on another thread, there's a family name Norrey occasionally mentioned in the Game of Thrones books.  They appear to be mostly forgettable and quite irrelevant to everyone else, just like someone else we know.

Tarbaby

"Pick up on South Street" with Richard with Mark and Thelma Ritter.***
if you get a chance watch it and see the plethora of directorial minutia that make it such a classic.
Pick pocket (Widmark) steals a woman's wallet on a subway train not knowing it contains Government secrets on film. 

phrodo

Quote from: b_dubb on August 02, 2014, 05:01:10 PM
"Guardians of the Galaxy" is better than I expected. And I had high hopes.  Go see it on the big screen or you'll miss out.

Quill-Gamora 2016

Saw GOTG yesterday with my son and we both loved it. Most entertaining movie I've seen in years. Action, comedy, drama, effects, cinematography, unusual characters, good tunes. Good stuff.

Good theater with good projection/sound and 3D recommended.