2 (18.2%)
Continuously while Noary's show is on the air
3 (27.3%)
They never log out of CoastGab!
8 (72.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: February 21, 2014, 06:58:27 AM

ItsOver

If Jorch isn't smart enough to make the cut as Chum Lee's dumb uncle, he'd be a shoe-in as a new character on "Swamp People," where the locals would know him by the name of Gator Bait.

Morgus

Found this full episode free on youtube of Beyond Belief with George Noory featuring guest Lloyd Pye on the subject of the Starchild Skull, selectable at up to full 1080p HD resolution:

GTV Beyond Belief Lloyd Pye - FULL

Same show done on Coast many times.  Why would someone pay for this?

Morgus

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on February 11, 2013, 08:00:13 PM
Same show done on Coast many times.  Why would someone pay for this?
the only difference on the video vs on the radio appears to be Noory and his guest can display props like the various skulls/molds as they discuss it.
they appear to have a live audience, but don't take any questions or comments from them, so what is their point?

Morgus

Also found on youtube the full show of Noory's 2006 pay-per-view Predictions special featuring guests Major Ed Dames, The Number's Lady, Stan Deyo, Sean David Morton, and more:

Predictions with George Noory (full TV special from 2006)

Compare Noory's hair style/color and look compared to on his current (2013) show...

Usagi

Is that seriously a fuchsia tie and hanky to color-coordinate with that lame-ass infomercial background?  Good lord.

Quote from: Morgus on February 11, 2013, 07:59:23 PM
Found this full episode free on youtube of Beyond Belief with George Noory featuring guest Lloyd Pye...

Thanks!  I got as far as 'how are yoo?', and 'how didjoo get involved...'

It's so funny seeing how animated he is as he walks up and introduces the show and his guest.   Like some odd, life sized wind-up doll.

coaster

How much did they have to pay the audience to show up and act interested?

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: coaster on February 11, 2013, 09:16:22 PM
His hair gets darker with every passing year.
It's the Paul McCatney effect. The hair gets thicker and darker. Elton John's wig laughs at them.

Usagi

Quote from: Usagi on February 11, 2013, 08:10:34 PM
... that lame-ass infomercial background

You know, actually, most infomercials have faaar better sets, and usually better talent, too.  (I loves me some Time Life 80's with Jack Wagner).

Someone once described it as "public-access".  That's a bit more accurate.  Some high-school closed-circuit tv shows are no doubt less shoddy.

Insanity

Found this full episode free on youtube of Beyond Belief with George Noory featuring guest Lloyd Pye on the subject of the Starchild Skull, selectable at up to full 1080p HD resolution:

Holy crap, they dident even spring for a real desk??? Thats a card table with a fake front, and the audience is sitting on ?folding? chairs

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: somatic hypermutation on February 11, 2013, 11:34:14 PM
How much did they have to pay the audience to show up and act interested?
The audience is probably made up of people who work there. Maybe they get an extra long lunch break if they sit through the entire taping.

Quote from: Morgus on February 11, 2013, 08:02:38 PM
the only difference on the video vs on the radio appears to be Noory and his guest can display props like the various skulls/molds as they discuss it...

Doesn't George brag about his TV experience and his radio experience, and how he knows better than most what makes for a good show and what doesn't, and how he has a 'system' and all that.

The way he makes it sound, radio is much different than TV, and that he knows the difference and was great in both.  Yet his TV show is identical to the radio show.  And both are abysmal.  So what is it George knows about TV vs. radio and doing quality shows again? 

And a side note - George has shown almost no effort doing anything other than self promotion to get the next gig (and the one after that) since joining Coast.  It's hardly a shock that once he landed the Gaia TV deal, that was the end of putting effort into it.  Just put on his crusty black suit and show up with a handful of cue cards.  'Cause he has a system.

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 12, 2013, 01:52:26 AMJust put on his crusty black suit and show up with a handful of cue cards.  'Cause he has a system.
In some of the short clips from the Beyond Belief videocast on youtube you could actually see Noory going thru a stack of cards/notes while interviewing his guest...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Usagi on February 12, 2013, 12:29:25 AM

You know, actually, most infomercials have faaar better sets, and usually better talent, too.  (I loves me some Time Life 80's with Jack Wagner).

The overwhelming majority of infomercials blow Noory's show out of the water, the exception being that one with "Mrs G" from the Facts of Life sitting there with some guy who looks like Dennis Franz if he had AIDS. That infomercial looks like it was filmed in Romania in 1985. That's the one program that Noory has beat in the production department.

ziznak

I happen to enjoy Lloyd Pye a lot.  I even think he's onto something with a lot of his ideas although he also has an equal amount of crackpottery.  I don't know why but I'm looking forward to watching this "Bland Bleeef."  I guess the show is actually entertaining to me due to certain conditions:
1. if the guest is particularly interesting for whatever reason.  Delusion, snake oil, subject matter etc.
2. George Noorys physical mannerisms are FUCKING histerical to me.  I can spend hours just laughing at his idiotic hand motions.  It's one thing to hear him be a moron on the radio but it's another to watch it happeneeeen.
3. George Noory's idiotic attempts at humor... so unfunny they are funny.
4. George Noory's idiotic attempts at seeming insightful... always just plain funny.

I gotta say I kinda really like Giam TV's BLAND BLEEF with Snoorge Boory...

coaster

It looks like he dips his head into a bucket of black paint. I dont get it. The only thing I see when someone dyes their hair is insecurity. Noory is obviously scared of aging. Im 31 and already have some random grey hair popping up. I'll wear mine like a badge however. It just shows that I'm able to get through this stressful hectic life without having to hide it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with grey hair. Noory is a scared little man and his dye job looks ridiculous.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: coaster on February 12, 2013, 03:31:43 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with grey hair. Noory is a scared little man and his dye job looks ridiculous.

it really does.  i'm 33 and i still have yet to find a SINGLE grey hair.  not one.  i'm beginning to think i'm not aging.  i don't mind the idea of grey hair at all.  i think it can reflect character and distinction.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: MV on February 12, 2013, 05:41:12 PM

it really does.  i'm 33 and i still have yet to find a SINGLE grey hair.  not one.  i'm beginning to think i'm not aging.  i don't mind the idea of grey hair at all.  i think it can reflect character and distinction.
I found a few on my temple when I was 31...thought "oh shit", but it never spread. But my chin has begun to turn white in the past 2 years. Don't bother me at all. It freaks out my mother, because she still considers herself "young" and hates the idea of having a son with grey hair.

Noory looks like a fool with his dye job. What a dink.

ItsOver

Quote from: Morgus on February 12, 2013, 02:21:31 AM
In some of the short clips from the Beyond Belief videocast on youtube you could actually see Noory going thru a stack of cards/notes while interviewing his guest...

Tommy must be one busy dude.  ;)

Meanandnasty

Here's the Deal Meester Snore Borey:

First wire me ten dollars and I will subscribe to your public access inner Walmart televsion show.

Second you go gray like a big man.

Third get rid of the stache.  There are a lot of mulch piles you can donate it to.

Fourth do some yoga for all of those strange unwanted motions.

Fifth subscribe to joke a day on your I-phone. 

coaster

Quote from: MV on February 12, 2013, 05:41:12 PM

i don't mind the idea of grey hair at all.  i think it can reflect character and distinction.
Indeed.
Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 12, 2013, 06:34:28 PM
But my chin has begun to turn white in the past 2 years. Don't bother me at all.
Thats where most of mine is. Thinning out on top of my head, and growing grey on the bottom. Thats life, and thats fine. I'll take it.

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on February 12, 2013, 06:34:28 PM
...  Noory looks like a fool with his dye job. What a dink.

To be fair, George looks terrible in all his images

Falkie2013

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 13, 2013, 02:05:23 AM

[/quote

Snoory's probably still trying to figure out how to use these devices.

Remember when they were in airports and bus stations all over the place ?

I spent a lot of time waiting for buses and flights and watching things that came on in the wee hours of the morning. Made the time pass a lot quicker as long as the quarters didn't run out.

mib chicken no doubt

[attachment deleted by admin]

[attachment deleted by admin]

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 13, 2013, 02:05:23 AM

A face made for radio, unfortunately for C2C. 

CrabbyOld Bat

Quote from: ItsOver on February 13, 2013, 09:50:17 AM
A face made for radio, unfortunately for C2C.
And a voice made for silent films.

Why couldn't that no-good pizza roll have done its job right?

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Meanandnasty on February 12, 2013, 09:08:03 PM

Fourth do some yoga for all of those strange unwanted motions.

Noory's posture and the way he moves, especially his hands, is peculiar.  He often holds his index and middle finger straight when most people would bend them.  He uses them like a claw.  Everything about this guy is odd.

ziznak

vids private??? damn

Morgus

Quote from: ziznak on February 13, 2013, 01:36:41 PM
vids private??? damn
it wasn't private yesterday.
perhaps all the extra traffic from coastgab caused them to change it?