A Vulcan
97 (39.6%)
Hank's Japanese half-brother, "Junichero," in King of the Hill eps. 6ABE20-21  
57 (23.3%)
A stoner sufer named "Tracker," who mentored Sean Penn & Keanu Reeves
47 (19.2%)
Frankenstein's Monster
102 (41.6%)
One of those faces on the Sgt. Pepper album (2nd row from the top. Face #5)
66 (26.9%)

Total Members Voted: 245

VtaGeezer

The resemblance is uncanny...

C2CAM Photo

ItsOver

Wells should be making reference to a castle instead of a mother ship.  :o

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Scully on March 27, 2013, 04:21:20 AM

Why anyone wants to listen weekly in the middle of the night to all the horrible ways our lives are being mangled and to the certainty of a painful and lingering death soon to come is beyond me. :o
Making it all the more annoying... he's on during weekends. Paranoia never takes a day off.

I voted for the Vulcan myself

Falkie2013

Quote from: WOTR on March 24, 2013, 05:51:59 AM
I love your posts...

Anyhow, I managed an hour or so of the captain Bong before deciding that I could not do it anymore.  I think when he managed to somehow get in his points on gun control during a show dedicated to nuclear reactors I started questioning why I was listening.  He did have a point about it just going away with no fanfare, but I am so sick of main stream talk hosts who dominate the airwaves pretending that they alone bring us the news that the mainstream media refuses to.

If coast is the most listened to late night talk show (as they claim) how can they not be mainstream?  In the day I get talk radio hosts syndicated nation wide who talk about the mainstream media as though they are not a part of it... they are different... they alone can report the real news and only their listeners are smart enough to grasp the truth.

Wells and his guest were talking about the alphabet soup of stations not reporting the truth.  I know he means NBC and ABC... but he needs to remember that C2C is broadcast over WHCU, KDJI, WTNT and brought to you each night by the letter S (for suckage.)  I know he would like to pretend that he is broadcasting over pirate radio and is not a corporate shill- but Pemrat signs his cheque.  Somehow I think he sees himself as Christian Slater in Pump up the volume instead of the ass kissing yes man that he really is.

I apologize for the rant- but this crap where major broadcasters syndicated by corporations and broadcast over the largest stations covering the entire continent with millions of listeners each week pretending that they are NOT the mainstream is old...

Does this mean we might see Snoory on Sesame Street bringing us the letter " S " ?

Nebraska888

Open lines with John B. tonight.......I will say that he manages to make it more interesting and "unfiltered".....and, for that, I am grateful.

Uhmmmm........ANOTHER Friday night that Wells replaces Noory.......

The hope for other hosts continues.......Wells is NOT my favorite......but, I see a "crack" in Noory's tight hold on the full five week nights.

ItsOver

Unfortunately, I think it's just Noory skipping-out to film "Beeyond Beeleef" in Denver.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  I wish it was different but I don't believe so.

Morgus

Wells has an unscheduled guest on now, an expert on the radiation detectors linked at his website.

RedMichael

Jesus he is shameless.

Well it IS the end of the month. Rent is due soon, have to move some radiation detectors.

RedMichael

Sorry to double post, but on top of fear mongering, he is just getting waaay too political.

VtaGeezer

Up late so I broke down and tuned it Mr. Doom.  I expected open lines; maybe some unusual content because it's Good Friday and Easter is coming.  But WTF do I hear... Geiger counters???  Behold the mind of John B Wells....the mind that sees peddling Geiger counters to the fearful is a business opportunity.  Talk about ever spiraling downward into doomsday paranoia...wow.  I think Wells is the kind of guy who'd peddle suicide kits if they were legal.

ziznak

yeah it was an extended infomercial... but i liked it.  Some of the info about old glass and antiques being radioactive was cool

Juan

There's a WWII era Kodak camera lens, the Aero-Ektar, that's highly desired by large format photographers.  The rear element is so radioactive, some of them have turned brown.

RedMichael

I imagine its the same thing as how hot water (fast moving atoms) freeze a lot more "clear" than tap/cold water.

NoMoreNoory

Wells launched the most extraordinary and typically incomprehensible rant last night of interest, I feel, to all us Haters. So here is the whole mad thing. Only the pauses have been changed to protect your sanity. And I dropped a chunk that related specifically to last week's show.
His starting point was Sean Penn's son's brush with a photographer, in which Penn Jnr apparently called the black snapper a 'f***ing n****r'. Wells continued:

"It's amazing how quickly tolerance goes right out the window. And, you know, thinking of ugliness and, you know, what we call The Haters, let me pass something along to you. I thought this was very interesting.
"Every once in a while....mostly.....99.999% of the hundreds and sometimes thousands of emails that I collect in this email box, most of them are nice. Sometimes, you'll get one that just takes an opposing view, but every once in a while you'll get one of [and here he adopted a mocking voice] 'You're full of it. You are a fraud. You know you're a fraud. You're so full of it.' To which my response is uniformly, 'Square yourself away and stop this ugliness at once. If you have a point to make it, make it, otherwise, take off.'
"But actually, the fella who sent repeated emails like this, [same mocking voice] 'You're a fraud', right, right, I got you the first three times or, no, wait a minute, sorry, it was thirty times, it got me thinking about something. And it is this.
"Do you know how many people tuned in to Mr Stern, for example, when he was really the big radical? Still is, really. Then came the also-rans. But let's just talk about Howie for a minute. A measurable percentage of the people who listened to him, made up his audience, were people who tuned in just cos they didn't like him. Matter of fact, Howard said so. And I thought, 'Hmmm. I wonder if this applies to people in their political persuasions and their voting habits? Could it be that the same people who, the same type of person who sends ugly emails around, wherever they post them - they post them on blogs, they post them on various sites and so forth, just to do it - I wonder if they vote, deliberately vote, against the better interests of their nation, just because they can?'
"And after I'd thought about it long enough, I determined that, yeah, absolutely, that's positively the case. And I thought, 'Now, what is the solution, then?' The solution is: quarantine them. Quarantine them and neutralise their initiatives. And if an entire state allows the population, allows its government, to go contrary to the constitution, to the freedom of freedom-loving people, quarantine that state, don't do business with them, don't vacation there, don't do anything."

There was more, to do with Bill Maher bitching about how much tax he's paying and people who want to do away with this Republic or some such. The whole thing lasted nearly five minutes.

Quarantine people because they don't vote the way you think they ought to vote? It's amazing how quickly tolerance goes right out the window, isn't it, John? And who are the 'freedom-loving people' who will define the 'freedom' that these Haters are infringing upon? And who will judge the judges?

Initially, I was interested because he was using the 'Haters' label that Noory loves to tie on us. It suggested to me that there is some discussion within C2C about us, at least between GN and his brown-nosed acolyte Wells. When he got onto the Stern thing, I thought he was going to repeat the notion made by Slipstream a few days ago about listening just to be annoyed (and Scully certainly spoke for me in response), but then he veered off into this bizarre notion that people who write emails criticizing C2C are plotting the downfall of the United States. Paranoid, much?!

George Noory sucks, And JBW is a saloon bar bore. A buffoon.

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 30, 2013, 08:23:41 PM
"... I wonder if they vote, deliberately vote, against the better interests of their nation, just because they can?'
"And after I'd thought about it long enough, I determined that, yeah, absolutely, that's positively the case. And I thought, 'Now, what is the solution, then?' The solution is: quarantine them. Quarantine them and neutralise their initiatives. And if an entire state allows the population, allows its government, to go contrary to the constitution, to the freedom of freedom-loving people, quarantine that state, don't do business with them, don't vacation there, don't do anything."

Initially, I was interested because he was using the 'Haters' label that Noory loves to tie on us. It suggested to me that there is some discussion within C2C about us, at least between GN and his brown-nosed acolyte Wells. When he got onto the Stern thing, I thought he was going to repeat the notion made by Slipstream a few days ago about listening just to be annoyed (and Scully certainly spoke for me in response), but then he veered off into this bizarre notion that people who write emails criticizing C2C are plotting the downfall of the United States. Paranoid, much?!

George Noory sucks, And JBW is a saloon bar bore. A buffoon.

Not only is JBW batshit crazy, he's no Howard Stern.

McPhallus

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on March 30, 2013, 08:23:41 PM
<...>but then he veered off into this bizarre notion that people who write emails criticizing C2C are plotting the downfall of the United States. Paranoid, much?!

Not to mention illogical and born out of a deluded sense of self-importance.  JBW is just one of a small cadre of lackluster hosts killing time on a fading late-night radio program which long ago lost any political relevance it may have once had.  It all gets increasingly incoherent with each passing year.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on March 30, 2013, 09:05:53 PM
Not to mention illogical and born out of a deluded sense of self-importance.  JBW is just one of a small cadre of lackluster hosts killing time on a fading late-night radio program which long ago lost any political relevance it may have once had.  It all gets increasingly incoherent with each passing year.
I'm convinced that more sooner than later, C2C will be liquidated without warning. Premiere will issue a terse statement on a friday afternoon and boom- the show will be in the wind.Good riddance to bad garbage.

dennis1966

I have listened to C2C since 1997 and can't believe what the show has become. Last night was the epitome of freakish "high strangeness." To spend four hours last Saturday shilling for his own Geiger Counter sales and then spend another two hours last night with his "partner" to shill again, is beyond outrageous. JBW is some kind of bad snake oil salesman, dressed as a modern day hipster. So he has a deep voice and Quasi Libertarian views. Hey let's put him on the air....

I have emailed the producers and do not even get a response. So C2C is now an infomercial trying to scare the shit out of people and then trying to make a buck off of them? I always laughed when Steve Quayle was on pumping the Bison Chili (with or without beans), but at least he wasn't the host. Is there no oversight on this show. Who is actually running things and allowing this to happen?

Oh and enough of the GD mothership. It's childish and silly.

Quote from: dennis1966 on March 30, 2013, 09:59:49 PM
I have listened to C2C since 1997 and can't believe what the show has become. Last night was the epitome of freakish "high strangeness." To spend four hours last Saturday shilling for his own Geiger Counter sales and then spend another two hours last night with his "partner" to shill again, is beyond outrageous. JBW is some kind of bad snake oil salesman, dressed as a modern day hipster. So he has a deep voice and Quasi Libertarian views. Hey let's put him on the air....

I have emailed the producers and do not even get a response. So C2C is now an infomercial trying to scare the shit out of people and then trying to make a buck off of them? I always laughed when Steve Quayle was on pumping the Bison Chili (with or without beans), but at least he wasn't the host. Is there no oversight on this show. Who is actually running things and allowing this to happen?

Oh and enough of the GD mothership. It's childish and silly.

I think it comes down to integrity and honor, dennis1966.  Art Bell had some and so his gig at C2C had to end.  I think he probably got sick of trying to sell emergency food and gold to people who probably could not afford it.  JWB and Noory don't care about such things as honor and integrity.  They just wanna make a dollah!

RedMichael

C2C is an escape from the everyday world and a chance to take a peak into the world of the unexplained or at least a few steps off the beaten path. This is why Noory's little news briefs at the beginning of the show are usually asinine.

But the fear mongering conspiracies have to be tempered. Here is what happens when you get into fear mongering conspiracies. You always get into politics. I am not talking about referring to the "government". If there are conspiracies, if the government is bad, if politics are failing, it requires the effort from more than one party. The emphasis on A party should be avoided on this show, which isn't a political talk show. It is a show that may include subjects of a political nature.

The problem with politics? This only applies to certain hosts and usually it doesn't happen all the time but when it does, it is bad.

If the show leans to X and rails against Y (it can be implied to such an obvious extent it would take mental gymnastics and a lack of shame to argue otherwise), Then X is going to get worked up and angry against Y along with the narrative. Also, Y is going to get upset because the show and the X callers are ragging on them. Everyone loses. Everyone gets worked up. Back to reality, you are not listening to C2C, you are listening to a condensed version of what you are trying to escape from in the first place.

Not to mention his shameless peddling of his website, fear mongering while calling out others who fear monger, letting incoherent callers ramble on about nonsense, letting the callers spiral out of control politically and just feeding into it. This is terrible. I don't even think he is intentionally influencing the narrative one way or the other, he just has no grasp of how to run a show other than when selling stuff.

Fuck that guy

Will I keep listening? You bet, but I will likely tune out in a short while. There aren't any viable alternatives to this brand of radio so I will wait for the good parts.

Why listen to get worked up? I don't I listen thinking he can't possible go down the same road. Even when the show's guests and subjects almost always tell me otherwise beforehand.

It feels like everyone has given up on the show. Even the staff don't seem to work more than the bare minimum and then they blame the subject matter for being overused/exhausted.
Then when it does shut down, they are going to blame it on a government conspiracy.

MTB

I wonder if it has crossed JBW's mind that the reason he feels the sun burning more now than he did 20 years ago might be due to being 20 years older, not to "chemtrails".

RedMichael

He started a thought about the possibility of "someone" (I think he implied aliens) prepping the earth from something, then finished talking about politicians. The jump/segway from one to other was not there. He is either that lost or he gauges the response of the guest and does a horrible job of changing course.

mombird3

I usually enjoy Wells but this show was like the other Chem Trail shows. My Husband wondered why. I turned it off after the first guest. It seems to have been  done before.

michio

If there was a shred of doubt left in my mind that at the core of Wells being lies a man incapable and devoid of reasoned thought, tonight's show has removed all doubt. He's the real deal and off his rocker.

onan

Obviously, Wells has the intellectual depth of dinner plate. What scares me is the number of listeners that were thinking "quarantine?" (then after they looked up the meaning) continued to think "that's not a bad idea."

Juan

At least now we know the answer to his buddy, Alex Jones', question - What will they do with all those FEMA prisons?

McPhallus

Quote from: mombird3 on March 31, 2013, 02:29:12 AM
I usually enjoy Wells but this show was like the other Chem Trail shows. My Husband wondered why. I turned it off after the first guest. It seems to have been  done before.

Wells suggested at the beginning that he was about to do a different kind of show.  By that, I figured he meant something other than the evil Powers That Be and their secret plans to Enslave Us All.  Then he announces chem trails, a topic that's been covered ad nauseum by other hosts, from Bell to the Nooron.  At which point I turned off the show.

Wells needs to stick with doing voiceovers and selecting bumper music.  He is absolutely unfit to host.

Quote from: McPhallus on March 31, 2013, 09:10:02 AM
Wells suggested at the beginning that he was about to do a different kind of show.  By that, I figured he meant something other than the evil Powers That Be and their secret plans to Enslave Us All.  Then he announces chem trails, a topic that's been covered ad nauseum by other hosts, from Bell to the Nooron.  At which point I turned off the show.

Wells needs to stick with doing voiceovers and selecting bumper music.  He is absolutely unfit to host.

It would be interesting to see how long it took Noory to generate so many pages of disdain.  Of course, MV's site probably had fewer regulars, but it does seem to me that Wells has created a lot of animosity very quickly here.  My theory is that it is because he clearly thinks he is the smartest, coolest cat in the room.