• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

chefist

Quote from: gabrielle on June 17, 2015, 07:45:19 PM
Hi Chefist.  Got a Ouja board over there?

I'd get one for Faulty if he would leave BellGab for good!

Morgus

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 17, 2015, 07:28:26 PM
I found the copy of my prescription and will post it if anyone who knows how to interpret an eyeglass prescription wants to look at it.

I got contacts last year for the first time and it was wonderful to see the world for the first time with no " goggles " in front of my eyes and no weight on my nose for the first time in 54 years except that when I got home and looked on this Imac I am typing on, I could not see the words on the screen and had to take them back.
Go ahead and post in your thread your eyeglasses prescription, I'll compare it with mine.
As far as contacts, they work for distance viewing, but over age 40 or so you also need near vision correction as you saw, so would still need reading and computer distance glasses with them.
Or you could try newer multi-focal contacts, but they are more expensive and tricky to get working good for some since its a tradeoff between good distance and good near vision.
You probably wear progressive eyeglasses for distance at the top and near vision at the bottom?

One thing to look forward to is when we get older will probably get cataracts in our eyes and then they do surgery to replace the lens in your eye with a plastic lens that corrects your vision like a permanent contact lens. There are premium ones there too that can correct astigmatism and even multi-focal for near and far vision. So just wait until you need that instead of laser eye surgery since you might still need cataract surgery eventually instead.

Jnthn932

Quote from: b_dubb on June 17, 2015, 07:30:41 PM
Falkie please go away. You're truly horrible. And somehow you manage get worse with every post/video.
He's nothing if not consistent. If MV could find another way to pay for his hookers and blow, Falkie would be long gone. Maybe we should set up a hookers and blow fund? Get on it Falkie. It's two of your favorite things. Other people's money and hookers.

munbeam666

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 17, 2015, 07:13:36 PM

Art,

I did the video as a way of commenting on the negative aspects of Redacted's personality.
She chose to openly attack George on a day people were saying Noory was AFRAID to call the Gabcast.
And people have said IN this thread that you are a serial quitter, that your new show will end almost before it starts because of your back problems, or because of streaming/connection issues, or that you will not be able to present your bumper music.
I don't think you are washed up and never would think that.
The Re-crackhead character was a character and what I said was a way to comment on how she treats people she decides she does not like for whatever reason.
But on this board, if you say anything negative about her, you are immediately attacked and even called a NAZI which is repugant considering my religion.
And then I also commented on the haters on my thread who continually REPEAT the same negative comments over and over to the point where one hater has a 1000 posts doing the same stuff over and over for 16 months since I returned to Bellgab after being banned because in part, of the negativity generated by these haters.
I don't hate you, I have never hated you and never would hate you.
Except for the video where I got angry with you for quitting Dark Matter without going to the head of Sirius and raising hell about it, I have been supportive of you and cannot wait to see and hear you come back to the air.
Anyone who THINKS I hate you is being stupid.
The same for anyone who thinks I am declaring " war " against you.
I never said that in the video, which has been removed by You Tube ( and I am appealing it ) and I have NEVER had a video removed before from there.
I say " Free Art Bell and Free Art Bell's bumper music " at the end of every video.
I mention you and Coast and George all the time to people and about 40% of the people I talk to have heard of you. The rest either haven't or haven't because they work days and staying up too late to listen to you or Noory is too late for them.
I paid $25 to buy an autographed copy of your book The Source to offer it to one of my video subscribers.
I have all your books on my shelf and have given away copies of your books to people.
People can ascribe base motivations towards me all they want.
That does NOT make it so or make it the truth.
I don't understand WHY you want Redacted on your show in the first place.
You never needed a co-host before so why now ?
And I am not the only one who feels this way and have been told so by both current and former Bellgabbers.
This board is a very small percentage of the people who love Art Bell and what you did.
The vast majority of the potential listening audience for your show have never heard of Bellgab or Noory or even you.
I want you to succeed with the new show.
I wanted you to succeed on Sirius.
And like everyone else, sitting here with NO Art Bell to listen to night after night is liked being exiled to a deserted island with a radio that gets only one station and that not very well.
Or a radio that only gets static or dead air.
I got the date wrong because I've had to deal with my personal issues and those of my girlfriend who has to move out of her apartment by midnight tonight and will be technically HOMELESS until she gets a place to live.
My thoughts were and are not what they normally would be because of being tired from cleaning my apartment almost non stop for 6 days which got cluttered and messy due to my being repeatedly ill for 8 1/2 months out of the past year.
I know the date July 20. Its the anniversary of the Apollo moon landing ( which is why you probably picked it ) and the attempted assassination of Adolf Hitler in 1944 by German patriots who knew the path to destruction he was taking Germany to and wanted to end it.
Falkie, what do you have against Redacted? It sounds like a jealous rant

bateman

Quote from: Falkie2013 on June 17, 2015, 07:28:26 PM
I don't know if you or anyone in your family wears glasses...

Falkie, have you ever SEEN Art Bell?  ???

phrodo

Falkie are you retarded or do you just act that way on purpose? Seriously you are one fucked up trainwreck of a person and need to just shut up because you keep making yourself into a bigger fool with every post you make -- and that's quite an accomplishment considering how big of a fool you were two years ago. You are to intelligence what black holes are to light.

You seriously need to seek professional psychiatric help. Seriously.

eddie dean

For your Birthday Art -------> 1500 pages!

chefist

Quote from: phrodo on June 17, 2015, 07:50:25 PM
Falkie are you retarded or do you just act that way on purpose? Seriously you are one fucked up trainwreck of a person and need to just shut up because you keep making yourself into a bigger fool with every post you make -- and that's quite an accomplishment considering how big of a fool you were two years ago. You are to intelligence what black holes are to light.

You seriously need to seek professional psychiatric help. Seriously.

Where is our motivational speaker, Paladin, when you need him!

Morgus

Quote from: jazmunda on June 17, 2015, 07:51:52 PM
he he
Does Falkie wonder what Art's eyeglasses prescription is?   ;D

heater

Quote from: Morgus on June 17, 2015, 07:56:07 PM
Does Falkie wonder what Art's eyeglasses prescription is?   ;D

Do nightmares have dreams of falkie?

Quote from: bateman on June 17, 2015, 07:50:24 PM
Falkie, have you ever SEEN Art Bell?  ???

There's that BEAUTIFUL black turtleneck.

Sabu2K

Gonna donate to the patreon thing as soon as i add some $ to my paypal. I like seeing the money go up each time i logged in today. Wooooohooooo

novat0

Happy birthday Art. 

ziznak

happy bday art... time to do some broadcastin ummmmmhnmmmmmmmm!! can't wait

ItsOver

Quote from: boba FETT on June 17, 2015, 05:25:57 PM
:'( You're MV's lawnmower of love...
Sounds like a song Dave would sing.

Art Bell

Thank you all for the nice Birthday wishes! As far as Falkie is concerned I was mostly just concerned for him, I have no ill will to anybody, wait....almost.

Remember it only takes one White Crow to prove there are Davebots.

I have just been sitting around today trying to figure out how I made it to 70. When I was 18 I thought I would be Dead by 30. Now I know thanks to KS3484 I will live long and prosper, he just has said it so many times that I believe it myself.

Oh, and just how did NASA manage to lose the film of the Moon landing?

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russian-official-proposes-international-investigation-into-us-moon-landings/523799.html

Art

scottydawg

Early in my L.E. Career I worked P.T. at a state Mental health center and a County Mental health center. I can tell Falkie has lost it.
It kind of a shame that people can go online on camera and let the world see how crazy they are. I'm sure there are members of his family that cringe every time he posts another video on Youtube.
  If Mr. Noory cared at all about this guy he hook him up with some decent professional mental health caregivers.

Heather Wade

Good thing NASA didn't lose anything important

It's a wild world, Art.  It's a wonder any of us get along as long as we do. 

gabrielle

Quote from: Art Bell on June 17, 2015, 08:13:32 PM
Thank you all for the nice Birthday wishes! As far as Falkie is concerned I was mostly just concerned for him, I have no ill will to anybody, wait....almost.

I have just been sitting around today trying to figure out how I made it to 70. When I was 18 I thought I would be Dead by 30. Now I know thanks to KS3484 I will live long and prosper, he just has said it so many times that I believe it myself.

Art , please do a show on the moon landing film....its just too bizarre

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russian-official-proposes-international-investigation-into-us-moon-landings/523799.html

Art

aldousburbank

Art
It was probably the same way I managed to lose my virginity.   

SciFiAuthor

Art

The sad truth is that with their archival system they could lose a live elephant. They have millions of feet of celluloid footage of every launch going back to the beginning, and most of it has never seen the light of day. I'd like to see the Russian space program audited. There are numerous rumors of Soviet cover ups and deaths in space during the cold war that they've never really addressed.

chefist

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 17, 2015, 08:28:32 PM
The sad truth is that with their archival system they could lose a live elephant. They have millions of feet of celluloid footage of every launch going back to the beginning, and most of it has never seen the light of day. I'd like to see the Russian space program audited. There are numerous rumors of Soviet cover ups and deaths in space during the cold war that they've never really addressed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Z_m7onLw74

Cosmonaut Vladimir Komarav cursing out Soviet officials as he burns to death on his re-entry...BRAVE MAN...went into space knowing the craft was faulty in place of his best friend Yuri Gagarin...

US radio listening posts in Turkey captured the transmission...

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on June 17, 2015, 08:28:32 PM
Don't I recall, maybe it someone else and I can't place a date on the show but didn't Art, I think, play some of the recordings intercepted of cosmonauts who died prior to Gagarin in attempts? I want to say some were "picked up" by amateur HAMS even? In any event a sad deal. I don't care if you are a commie, having the guts to try to reach space, especially in questionable time-tables or equipments, makes you a hero in my book.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on June 17, 2015, 08:45:56 PM
Don't I recall, maybe it someone else and I can't place a date on the show but didn't Art, I think, play some of the recordings intercepted of cosmonauts who died prior to Gagarin in attempts? I want to say some were "picked up" by amateur HAMS even? In any event a sad deal. I don't care if you are a commie, having the guts to try to reach space, especially in questionable time-tables or equipments, makes you a hero in my book.

Yes, the rumor is that some radio operators heard the receding transmissions of a cosmonaut before Gagarin's launch. It's inferred that they sent him spiraling off into space after an improperly long rocket burn. I'm a little skeptical that they could accidentally do that given what they were working with, but they certainly could get the geometry wrong and irretrievably strand someone in space.

The General

Quote from: aldousburbank on June 17, 2015, 08:26:58 PM
It was probably the same way I managed to lose my virginity.
Screwing America?

popple

Art

I'm sure all of us bellgabbers would chip in to buy you life-extension/immortality once it becomes available, hahaha!  ;D

SaucyRossy

First off. Happy belated birthday Art! Hope you enjoyed Jurassic world. I'm going to check it out.

Now, please for the love of god everybody on this thread, please let's not let falkie infect this thread. Please.

chefist

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 17, 2015, 08:59:48 PM
First off. Happy belated birthday Art! Hope you enjoyed Jurassic world. I'm going to check it out.

Now, please for the love of god everybody on this thread, please let's not let falkie infect this thread. Please.

WURD!