• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on January 25, 2016, 09:35:52 PM
Further proof that Art and family are juggalos.

He has pretty strong and domineering hold on the neck of his daughter.  I wonder what that is all about.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on January 25, 2016, 08:45:20 PM
Yeah, I was one of those people and I don't think any of them "turned", at least the ones I know of. Ambivalent or apathetic perhaps, but "turned" no. The difference is the stalker. I have no reason to think that Art wasn't telling the truth. I can't blame him for leaving the air, I don't see how anyone could under those circumstances as he laid them out, though I would have handled it very differently than he did. It only becomes the same thing if you make the assumption that Art's lying.

Let me diplomatically suggest referring to the "stalker" as the "alleged stalker." Since we're all too lazy to type that, I would go with ASS for Alleged Stalker Someone.

Nobody has to change their minds or beliefs about the ASS and it gives us some common ground to agree upon. I was never a community organizer but I thought I'd try a different approach.

ItsOver

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 25, 2016, 09:48:24 PM
Let me diplomatically suggest referring to the "stalker" as the "alleged stalker." Since we're all too lazy to type that, I would go with ASS for Alleged Stalker Someone.

Nobody has to change their minds or beliefs about the ASS and it gives us some common ground to agree upon. I was never a community organizer but I thought I'd try a different approach.
The question then becomes "will Art EVER catch some ASS?"

norland2424

Quote from: chefist on January 25, 2016, 09:47:24 PM
I would love to hear Art do some more shows someday... But feel sorry for a multi-millionaire....nope...

Pretty much this.

ge30542

Quote from: littlechris on January 25, 2016, 09:05:28 PM
I'm hoping Art is going to start getting bored and restless and just say "FUCK IT, I'M GOING BACK ON THE AIR". Regardless if the "stalker" is caught or not.
Perhaps, but the stalker is not the issue. The issue is Mrs. Bell.

Kolchak

chefist

Quote from: ge30542 on January 25, 2016, 09:54:00 PM
Perhaps, but the stalker is not the issue. The issue is Mrs. Bell.

Might be...plus if you are independently wealthy... You can quit anytime you want...

Night Train

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 25, 2016, 09:00:35 PM
Alright - discuss this. At least it is in the realm of possibility.

Let's say that the cops catch the stalker tomorrow. The judge let's him out on bail. Should Art go back on the air, or does he have to wait until the guy is locked up?

What if the guy has a brother? A cousin from Arkansas? 

I don't see a scenario where Art is ever totally comfortable coming back.

Does anyone else think that the Illuminati sent the stalker to send a message to Art because he was getting too close to the truth? 

Think about it...near the end, he was having David Jacobs on about every three weeks.

And what did they talk about every show?

Hubrids walking among us.

But was Jacobs about to reveal the biggest secret about these hubrids? 

One so unimaginable that it would have sent shock waves throughout the world?

If this video is for real, it's no wonder TPTB had to shut Art Bell up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ncwCETyQlk

ge30542

Quote from: chefist on January 25, 2016, 09:56:31 PM
Might be...plus if you are independently wealthy... You can quit anytime you want...
I wish I was independently wealthy, I'd quit this very moment.

GravitySucks

Nope. Not gonna do it. You just want to see a bunch of people discussing ASS, and I refuse to feed that fetish.

chefist

Quote from: ge30542 on January 25, 2016, 09:57:31 PM

Lol WURD!

CornyCrow

Quote from: Value Of Pi on January 25, 2016, 09:23:26 PM
Usually married? As in a real and permanent romance. That's interesting. It sounds almost old-fashioned in a way. Then again, the quid pro quou was always, in my experience anyway,  the prevalent thing in your basic corporate affair (with marriage the exception), so maybe that was the old-fashioned thing.

Also, if I understand you right about "different situations," I've never thought the basic moral or ethical decisions people have to make about how to get ahead were really about the situation -- more about character, values and, as you say, conscience.
I read a book about sociopaths which stated the largest presence of these types were in corporations (the top) and politics.  I think if you have two talented people and can only promote one it would be the one who you feel the most comfortable with or who you can control or who will not turn against you, etc, etc, etc. 

Again, perhaps some of these jobs are soul-rending, demanding long hours of slaving away, fighting the opposition, etc.  Perhaps an affair makes it more bearable.  People also fall into routines with their mates and it can get boring - sometimes people think it's up to another to relieve that boredom and if their spouse doesn't do it, someone else will.  Some people fall in 'love' with a person but find, over time, that they don't really like them on a day in, day out, basis. 

If you make a lousy choice for a partner and feel stuck (for the kids?) maybe work gives you a bit of relief.  I don't know.  I look at other marriages and consider myself lucky.  I don't know how I'd react in their shoes.  People make choices for life and yet life changes them.  I just don't judge the women I've known who do such things, neither do I understand it.  Who knows, maybe their husbands are doing similarly? 

Quote from: littlechris on January 25, 2016, 08:55:56 PM
All Art has to do it get back on his horse and start hosting his show again and all will soon be forgotten. I'm a very forgiving person and I assume many here are as well. Art, get back on the air please and all will be good as far as I am concerned.

full circle.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: ItsOver on January 25, 2016, 09:52:52 PM
The question then becomes "will Art EVER catch some ASS?"

You see how we're already having fun? I can see a whole new Dr. Suess book based on your post alone. But stuff has to rhyme.

Quote from: ge30542 on January 25, 2016, 09:57:31 PM

not me. i'd be like all just gettin started and stuff.  ;D

Being The King of Kings here at bellgab has not been an easy road. 

As the first person to courageously question the authenticity of the Art Bell narrative, it put me under enormous pressure.  The vile and hurtful comments hurled at me would have sent anyone weaker than myself into a tailspin and a possible sufferer of PTSD.  I knew in my heart that what I was saying and what I was fighting for was an important goal, the pursuit of truth.

Now that the tide had turned and I have been able to open so many eyes to this incident, please take some time out of your day to thank me for being on the front lines of this issue.

Your Friend,

The King of Kings

trostol

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 25, 2016, 10:16:46 PM

As the first person to courageously question the authenticity of the Art Bell narrative, it put me under enormous pressure.  The vile and hurtful comments hurled at me would have sent anyone weaker than myself into a tailspin and a possible sufferer of PTSD.  I knew in my heart that what I was saying and what I was fighting for was an important goal, the pursuit of truth.

Now that the tide had turned and I have been able to open so many eyes to this incident, please take some time out of your day to thank me for being on the front lines of this issue.

Your Friend,

The King of Kings

um..yeah..no lol

GravitySucks

Your Friend,

The King of Kings

Nope. You were wrong then and you are wrong now.

ItsOver

Your Friend,

The King of Kings
Thanks, Art!

Night Train

Your Friend,

The King of Kings

Thank you, KoK.  Your work here has not gone unappreciated.  Believe me, I get enough PM's to know that there are a lot more stalker skeptics on Bellgab than many of the Art Bell zombies realize.

Roswells, Art

Your Friend,

The King of Kings
Thank you for your service. I wish I could make you a cake.

ItsOver

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 25, 2016, 10:36:01 PM
Thank you for your service. I wish I could make you a cake.
The only appropriate cake for The King.

HumanBeing

Your Friend,

The King of Kings

People were calling Art a liar all the way back during the mouse incident lol

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 25, 2016, 10:48:03 PM

Shush

It's my time to shine.

Value Of Pi

Quote from: Segundus on January 25, 2016, 09:59:02 PM
I read a book about sociopaths which stated the largest presence of these types were in corporations (the top) and politics.  I think if you have two talented people and can only promote one it would be the one who you feel the most comfortable with or who you can control or who will not turn against you, etc, etc, etc. 

Again, perhaps some of these jobs are soul-rending, demanding long hours of slaving away, fighting the opposition, etc.  Perhaps an affair makes it more bearable.  People also fall into routines with their mates and it can get boring - sometimes people think it's up to another to relieve that boredom and if their spouse doesn't do it, someone else will.  Some people fall in 'love' with a person but find, over time, that they don't really like them on a day in, day out, basis. 

If you make a lousy choice for a partner and feel stuck (for the kids?) maybe work gives you a bit of relief.  I don't know.  I look at other marriages and consider myself lucky.  I don't know how I'd react in their shoes.  People make choices for life and yet life changes them.  I just don't judge the women I've known who do such things, neither do I understand it.  Who knows, maybe their husbands are doing similarly?

Yes, lots of ways these things happen and lots of reasons why in terms of what these men or women aren't getting elsewhere. But one very common motivation I've seen among those who benefit career-wise is great ambition. Mix that in with some other strong emotions in a corporate setting and it does get confusing and messy. Sometimes it works out I guess.

I try not to judge either, unless I see better-qualified people being passed over, especially by someone who is truly undeserving or incompetent. I worked for a woman once who was both. It was an embarrassment for everyone, but the bigwigs who were passing her around like Halloween candy didn't mind too much. She was absolutely beautiful and a real seductress, so I can almost forgive these guys. Except I can't because too many good people suffered for their good times.

HumanBeing

Quote from: Darth Sandra on January 25, 2016, 10:48:03 PM

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Night Train on January 25, 2016, 10:26:16 PM
Thank you, KoK.  Your work here has not gone unappreciated.  Believe me, I get enough PM's to know that there are a lot more stalker skeptics on Bellgab than many of the Art Bell zombies realize.

And then there are those who believe, as I do, there are certainly unanswered questions and disconnects throughout the drama that are suspicious, but stop short of accusing anyone of being a boldface liar or bonking the hired help. 

Ciardelo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 25, 2016, 11:02:53 PM
And then there are those who believe, as I do, there are certainly unanswered questions and disconnects throughout the drama that are suspicious, but stop short of accusing anyone of being a boldface liar or bonking the hired help.
Yup.