• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

3OctaveFart

Saladin-
You keep riding my ass on these threads and I'm going to ask you to throw a few quarters in the slot, big boy.
I don't shake for free.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 01, 2015, 02:55:01 PM
They think Nyama Choma is a far leftie from an Ivy League school.
I thought it was that Hillary's Muslim lesbian lover "adviser" who is married to that ex-Congressman Weiner, who sends pictures of his dick to people (and has affairs,) and whose wedding (odd for a supposedly practicing Muslim woman to marry a Jewish guy) was done by Bill Clinton.

But, I guess, it is some type of exotic food?

CornyCrow

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 01, 2015, 06:54:57 PM
Nah just order a cheeseburger like the other 7.125 billion people on earth. A cheddar cheese burger. ;D ;D ;D That has to be the 1st time those words have ever been uttered in that order.

It's like when John Kerry went "hunting" in Ohio during his 2004 presidential campaign and he had to run by and pick up a hunting license where the media just happened to be at a sporting good store and asked the cashier: "Can I Get Me a Hunting License Here?". Sure, Johnny get the billionaire a hunting license. Another limousine liberal politician being forced to act like "one of the people." It's painful.

Rush Limbaugh's breakdown was priceless! "KERRY: Can I little me a hunting license here?
RUSH: Did you hear that? "Can I get me a huntin' license heyah?" Can I get me a hunting license here? Now, ladies and gentlemen, we all know that John Kerry doesn't speak that way. We know it. But that's what he thinks the people in Ohio will judge him as a real guy, if he walks in there and says: "Hey, can I get me a hunting license here?" But he blew it because it's not, "Can I get me a hunting license?" If he really wanted to carry this off, he should have said, "Hey, can I get me a huntin' license in here, dude?" or some such thing as that. So, I mean, if there's any doubt, folks. The whole thing was a put on photo op. The Democrats today are even admitting that's what it was. But Kerry has to go in and say, "Can I get me a hunting license here?"
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2004/10/22/kerry_thinks_midwesterners_are_idiots_can_i_get_me_a_hunting_license_here

;D ;D ;D
Or, it is like Donald Trump, welcoming a photo op as he went to vote and shuffled from one polling place to another, not being registered in any of them.  I don't think he ever voted in that election because he wasn't registered.  Maybe he'd never voted.  Obviously, he thought all you needed to do was just to walk into the nearest place to your abode. 

NowhereInTime

Quote from: 3OctaveFart on May 01, 2015, 07:30:34 PM
Saladin-
You keep riding my ass on these threads and I'm going to ask you to throw a few quarters in the slot, big boy.
I don't shake for free.

Or, God help us all, you'll threaten to "match credentials" with Paladin1991.  You'd lose, by the way, but it's almost become the Politics thread's "I'll be back", or "Ay Caramba".

albrecht

Something I've been pondering, maybe some leftists here can answer. Does it help whatever cause when others join it or are all of the protests actually commonly linked? In other words I recall the big anti-war protests in London (quite funny to see actually), Occupy, and this stuff today and you see so many "issues" all together protesting, rioting, whatever. Does it help the Amnesty for Illegals cause to be also associated with Black Lives Matter? Or anti-war rallies to also have the Communist Workers Party marching with you? The Occupy against the "1%" and also the "911 Truth" folks or Cannabis activists to come along? Is this coordinated or just another group sees a rally is going to happen and figures "I'll bring my sign for my pet cause also?", just piggy-back on some other event.

Doesn't this delude the original message having such a variety of protestors? And also, does this actually end up hurting whatever cause(s)? An example being, maybe, a rally for homosexual 'marriage' with relatively calm, normal people wanting to make a commitment to each other but then the "We're Queer, We're Here" freaks (or like the old rallies the NAMBLA group that helped start the homosexual movement) coming along? (Mainstream people see the anti-war rally, for example, and might be against war but then also see the Black Panthers advocating a race-war or people proclaiming Solidarity with some terrorist group and think, "I don't want to be associated" with those ideas? Just curious.

Gd5150

Quote from: CornyCrow on May 02, 2015, 07:32:11 AM
Or, it is like Donald Trump, welcoming a photo op as he went to vote and shuffled from one polling place to another, not being registered in any of them.  I don't think he ever voted in that election because he wasn't registered.  Maybe he'd never voted.  Obviously, he thought all you needed to do was just to walk into the nearest place to your abode. 

Haha why should he waste his time voting. His vote counts more by writing checks. Example, If you want to influence govt donate to the Clintons Foundation. The media should've shown Trump peeking in on people voting and then saying "you're fired". That would've been hilarious. Even funnier when the whiny left wingers got mad because they actually believed the story was really happening.

In CA if you register to vote or for Obamacare Covered CA you get jury duty. It's awesome. When you apply for Covered CA you get at least 3 voting registration cards the 1st few months. After about 4 months you get actual paperwork on where to sign up so you can pay 400% more for crappy health insurance. Free healthcare for all is great! "Is this when I get me some cheddar cheese Obamacare?"

analog kid

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 01, 2015, 11:00:40 AM
My favorite was when he ordered a "cheddar cheese burger". Who calls it that? No one. Then asks for some Dijon mustard. So awkward and phony. Dude hasn't eaten in a greasy spoon ever. Them's  is tryin to make him seem like yo avg black folk.

I eat here all the time and I always get a good cheddar cheese burger with a Coca-Cola soda pop and some french fried potatoes.

Or Romney, who had never been in a 7/11, never done his own laundry and didn't know what a donut was. Meanwhile he had a limousine lift in his house and he's flying his dressage horses all over Europe. That guy makes John Kerry look like a country cook, and I'm not sure there's a more awkward and phony human on the planet. Assuming he and his creepy sons are entirely human.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 01, 2015, 06:54:57 PM
Nah just order a cheeseburger like the other 7.125 billion people on earth. A cheddar cheese burger. ;D ;D ;D That has to be the 1st time those words have ever been uttered in that order.
You need to stop eating only at places with a drive-thru.  You know, they actually do put all sorts of cheese on burgers nowadays?   I figure you're a closet brieburger guy; only with freedom fries of course.

albrecht

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 02, 2015, 02:41:08 PM
You need to stop eating only at places with a drive-thru.  You know, they actually do put all sorts of cheese on burgers nowadays?   I figure you're a closet brieburger guy; only with freedom fries of course.
Only a cheese-eating surrender monkey would eat a burger with brie on it.

Brie is too soft, would melt too much with heat of burger (though I'm guessing a cheese-eating surrender monkey's burger would be a "filet americain" (beef tartar) and so the meat would be cold and so, maybe, the brie would work. Would go great with freedom fries smothered in mayo.)

Lunger

Quote from: qaddisin on May 01, 2015, 02:12:26 PM
Oh. That's because he's secret Muslim president from Kenya. You know, that observation just never gets old.

Whatever he is, one thing is sure.  He is certainly not a patriotic American.

Lunger

Quote from: albrecht on May 02, 2015, 03:30:15 PM
Only a cheese-eating surrender monkey would eat a burger with brie on it.

Brie is too soft, would melt too much with heat of burger (though I'm guessing a cheese-eating surrender monkey's burger would be a "filet americain" (beef tartar) and so the meat would be cold and so, maybe, the brie would work. Would go great with freedom fries smothered in mayo.)

If you were to place the Brie on it after it was cooked, like a condiment, it should work.  Sounds kinda good.  Its hard to find good Brie in the States.  Americans don't seem to want to buy cheese with a dirty rind. They haven't seemed to grasped that the rind is were all the flavor is.

Lunger

Its amazing quit in here about Ferguson or Baltimore.

Liberalism on parade. 

pate

I agree.

Quite an amazing quilt...

NowhereInTime

Quote from: pate on May 03, 2015, 06:33:54 AM
I agree.

Quite an amazing quilt...

I think he was right the first time.  Lots of quit in this thread.

3OctaveFart

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 02, 2015, 11:21:13 AM
Or, God help us all, you'll threaten to "match credentials" with Paladin1991.  You'd lose, by the way, but it's almost become the Politics thread's "I'll be back", or "Ay Caramba".
Awwww, the wittwe Obama barnacle/toe-sucker is stalking me about the board.
I've had more words published than you've probably ever read.
Take a number, I'll deal with you shortly.

Gd5150

Quote from: VtaGeezer on May 02, 2015, 02:41:08 PM

What he ordered was irrelevant. It's the way he ordered it. It's one of those small nuances that I wouldn't expect someone with your lack of intelligence to pick up on. As expected I was right. Surprised NIT hasn't weighed in with 47 links to websites that we can scroll by without hesitation.  ;D

Avi

Quote from: 136 or 142 on April 29, 2015, 03:20:09 PM
I got 11 out of 12 and I'm Canadian.

Gentle Canadian, my rather unpalatable point was that, regardless of one's knowledge of basic information (or lack thereof), one tends to be blind-sided by one's own bullshit. Even if one learns the proposed route of the Keystone pipeline, or to recognize the photos of various political necromancers, one has already assigned the information to the approved ideological/philosophical category. Facts, no matter how basic they may seem, do not make any discernible difference, nor is their interpretation amenable to reason. Rare is the person who can admit when he or she doesn't know enough to comment. People seem to believe that their over-arching ideology explains, well, everything and is righteously applied to all questions, whether they know anything about the subject or not.

Of course, the Israeli scored 13 of 13, and that's why you're just going to have to put a sock in it and pay your kosher tax  ::).

136 or 142

I'm a partisan but I believe I've also shown from multiple posts here that I try and be fair minded to all people and to all positions.

onan

Quote from: 136 or 142 on May 05, 2015, 04:12:43 PM
I'm a partisan but I believe I've also shown from multiple posts here that I try and be fair minded to all people and to all positions.

I would concur.

aldousburbank

Quote from: 136 or 142 on May 05, 2015, 04:12:43 PM
Why do you hate politics?

136 or 142

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 05, 2015, 04:16:25 PM
Why do you hate politics?

I hate hyper partisan politics that takes facts or quotes out of context or uses half truths (yet alone out right lies).  See Jon Stewart on Crossfire for a better explanation of the corrosive effect of this type of politics than I can give.  I don't know if his appearance on that program really caused it to be cancelled, but it likely did have an impact.

And Tucker Carlson really is a dick.

aldousburbank

Quote from: 136 or 142 on May 05, 2015, 04:34:04 PM
I hate hyper partisan politics that takes facts or quotes out of context or uses half truths (yet alone out right lies).  See Jon Stewart on Crossfire for a better explanation of the corrosive effect of this type of politics than I can give.  I don't know if his appearance on that program really caused it to be cancelled, but it likely did have an impact.

And Tucker Carlson really is an asshole.
You sound like me, a member of the far middle.

136 or 142

Quote from: onan on May 05, 2015, 04:13:41 PM
I would concur.

Thanks Onan, that means a lot (well some anyway) to me.

136 or 142

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 05, 2015, 04:41:57 PM
You sound like me, a member of the far middle.

https://uk.isidewith.com/political-quiz

My result:
78% Labour
76% Conservative
72% Liberal Democrat

"Your political beliefs would be considered Centrist on an ideological scale."

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 03, 2015, 02:06:48 PM

No, I'll pass.  Didn't realize letters to Penthouse and the SFPD counted as "published", but whatever.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Gd5150 on May 03, 2015, 05:02:47 PM
Surprised NIT hasn't weighed in with 47 links to websites that we can scroll by without hesitation.  ;D

Touche'...

3OctaveFart

What I expected from a member of the president's Lollipop Guild. You're dismissed.

Gd5150

Quote from: 136 or 142 on May 06, 2015, 06:43:47 PM
WTF is SFPD?

Yeah. If its anything like Penthouse letters a link would be appreciated.  ;D

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Meatie Pie on May 03, 2015, 02:06:48 PM

Actually, Narcissus, if you could stop self-appreciating for two seconds you'll notice I'm on here only sporadically anymore.  The fact that it appears I'm "stalking" you is because you keep making so many of the same tedious (and, unsurprisingly, unsubstantiated) taunts and boasts about your "credentials" and "publishings", yet all we get are these half ass haikus.

"Take a number"?  What a ponce!