• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 01, 2012, 02:51:20 PM

Back when people still bought music from actual physical locations, I remember frequently finding his solo record with the words "file under megadeth" printed on the label.
Return to Metalpolis, 1990. Pretty good album, actually. The heyday of shredders, Vai,Satriani,Yngwie,Vinnie Moore,Tony McAlpine,Cacophony.

Silent

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 01, 2012, 10:22:14 AM
that risk shit was pretty bad! Mustaine has lost his shit a few times now... I bought a bunch of megadeth records from itunes a while back because I have no idea where my original copies are, and they were all mixed entirely differently, with NEW VOCAL TAKES, and other new recordings overdubbed here and there. He went full-on George Lucas on us. Some of those older records, Mustaine would get his hands on the recording budget, spend it on junk and speed and whatever else, pawn the band's gear for more drugs, and then finish the record with whatever broken pieces were left. And you can hear that on recordings like "So Far, So Good, So What."

Have you read the book Mustaine published a year or so ago?  He goes into detail about how much he hated that album and other recordings from around that time.  I recall him saying he felt physically ill after hearing the finished album, or something to that effect.

If you havn't read it I advise you don't, assuming you're a fan of some of his work.  It was interesting, particularly the early history of Megadeth, but I lost a lot of respect for the band and their music after reading it.  Without coming right out and saying it he makes it obvious that Megadeth never was about the music and he never gave much of a shit.  That's no shocking revelation but hearing it admitted right from Dave kind of sucked.

I still consider Rust in Peace a classic and one of those rare albums which are perfect from start to finish, but it was a fluke.

BobGrau

I dreamed last night that I discovered a new way to pick my nose.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: BobGrau on April 02, 2012, 04:57:19 AM
I dreamed last night that I discovered a new way to pick my nose.

Did you try it out?

Quote from: Silent on April 02, 2012, 12:23:23 AM

I still consider Rust in Peace a classic and one of those rare albums which are perfect from start to finish, but it was a fluke.

TAKE NO PRISONERS!

TAKE NO

SHIT!

BobGrau

Quote from: M. Knight on April 02, 2012, 07:20:59 AM

Did you try it out?

As usual with these things, it all seemed to make perfect sense at the time, but when I woke up I couldn't remember how. I just have a disconnected image of the world' most perfect bogey/booger on my finger. Can't even remember if I ate it or not  :(

analog kid

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 02, 2012, 07:49:22 AM

TAKE NO PRISONERS!

TAKE NO

SHIT!

I love every song on that album except that one and Five Magics, ha ha.

Quote from: analog kid on April 02, 2012, 01:42:36 PM
I love every song on that album except that one and Five Magics, ha ha.

I master magics five!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McPhallus

I love how a long-suspected pedophile, Jerry Sandusky, not only wrote an autobiography that led investigators to him but also had the nerve to title it, "Touched." Real genius, that guy.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: McPhallus on April 02, 2012, 08:34:35 PM
I love how a long-suspected pedophile, Jerry Sandusky, not only wrote an autobiography that led investigators to him but also had the nerve to title it, "Touched." Real genius, that guy.
He's like an absurdist character from "Arrested Development" or Herb Sewell from the Phil Hendrie show. The world's most obvious kiddie toucher, who makes no attempt to hide it, makes light of it...
        Football and Boxing. "Macho" sports that are crawling with pedos.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: McPhallus on April 02, 2012, 08:34:35 PM
...wrote an autobiography that led investigators to him...

What's the story behind that?

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

Ah shit....

Sometimes you drink and send ultimatums to the man in charge of the record you work on

uh-oh

switch to reefer now

aldousburbank

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 02, 2012, 10:52:38 PM
Ah shit....

Sometimes you drink and send ultimatums to the man in charge of the record you work on

uh-oh

switch to reefer now

F#^^!ng Cool!

punkinpie

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 01, 2012, 01:35:54 PMI prefer the shambolic,drug addled Megadeth to the more recent Alex Jones lyrics/standard issue thrash of 2007-.

I don't like the idea of a religious right, born again, slain in the spirit version of Dave Mustaine.

Marc.Knight

Does anyone else get unnerved by Obama's verbal attacks on the Supreme Court?  It is the kind of shit you see in Russia.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M. Knight on April 03, 2012, 07:22:21 AM
Does anyone else get unnerved by Obama's verbal attacks on the Supreme Court?  It is the kind of shit you see in Russia.

what are some of the things he's said?  i have been paying NO attention recently.

MV/Liberace!

how HUMILIATING that will be for obama if the law is struck down.  i'd be soooo happy to see that happen.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 03, 2012, 09:21:49 AM
how HUMILIATING that will be for obama if the law is struck down.  i'd be soooo happy to see that happen.

the crazy thing is that it is going to be a massive burden for the poor, especially if they cannot afford to pay for insurance and end up being hounded by the IRS and fined thousands of dollars.  This is nothing but a new concocted revenue stream for the government laid on the backs of the poor.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M. Knight on April 03, 2012, 09:26:30 AM
the crazy thing is that it is going to be a massive burden for the poor, especially if they cannot afford to pay for insurance and end up being hounded by the IRS and fined thousands of dollars.  This is nothing but a new concocted revenue stream for the government laid on the backs of the poor.

it's also a financial windfall for the insurance industry.

b_dubb

And once again politics bleeds over into this thread. Boo :p

McPhallus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on April 03, 2012, 09:21:49 AM

He's at the crossroads of arrogance and desperation.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: b_dubb on April 03, 2012, 11:02:25 AM
And once again politics bleeds over into this thread. Boo :p

Politics can be both random and stupid, so it is a good fit.  If I interpret this thread correctly, it is a thread about "nothing" so there are no criteria to abide by, unless you want to create a thread called:  "Random stupid things on your mind, except for the following categories..."

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: M. Knight on April 03, 2012, 11:53:44 AM

Politics can be both random and stupid, so it is a good fit.  If I interpret this thread correctly, it is a thread about "nothing" so there are no criteria to abide by, unless you want to create a thread called:  "Random stupid things on your mind, except for the following categories..."

exactly.  i'm not sure when/how to consider a random thread off topic.

Eddie Coyle

I wish I had The Medusa Touch.

MV/Liberace!

please plug coastgab on facebook, twitter, or anywhere else you can think to.

much appreciated.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on April 03, 2012, 02:26:47 PMI wish I had The Medusa Touch.

Do you REALLY want it? I can have it up for you later tonight...