• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131014 - Loyd Auerbach - Parasychology

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 14, 2013, 07:04:47 PM

Ward

wow this Skype call from Japan sounds terrible, Jaz sounded great however

Falkie2013

Quote from: lonevoice on October 14, 2013, 08:00:45 PM
7.2 earthquake in Mindanao, Philipinnes.   Reports of casualties and serious property damage.  I imagine Art will be talking about this tonight.

Latest is 20 dead on the same island where Cebu City is.
Not a good week for them as a typhoon killed 13 there as well.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/14/world/asia/philippines-earthquake/index.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/philippines-spots-new-typhoon-after-19th-howler-of-the-year-blows-away-leaving-13-dead/2013/10/13/5e55cbcc-33eb-11e3-89db-8002ba99b894_story.html

Ward

Yeah great job Chine. Did they close that Star Trek show down?

Chine

That was nerve wracking. Reign it in, Robin! Heh. It was hard after '51's Bellgab to keep concise. That was fun, though.

coaster

Quote from: Chine on October 14, 2013, 11:42:28 PM
That was nerve wracking. Reign it in, Robin! Heh. It was hard after '51's Bellgab to keep concise. That was fun, though.
It was a great call.

SciFiAuthor

Great call from the bellgabber. The suspension of disbelief in actors and artists is a very real thing and something I've always thought should be explored as an altered state of consciousness.

I've talked to painters and even a professional clown that makes elaborate balloon animal creations that experience it. It happens to me when I write, I go into a sort of trance and lose all sense of time as the story flows out. When it ends, sometimes 6-8 hours have passed without a single break and I think it's been like 10 minutes and then I sit there and wonder if it was really me that wrote it. It's almost like autopilot. It's very strange, but seems to happen to a majority of fiction writers. Certainly Stephen King, he talks about it all the time.

Anyone here go through that when they create something?

Chine

Quote from: Ward on October 14, 2013, 11:40:41 PM
Yeah great job Chine. Did they close that Star Trek show down?

Thanks! It closed in 2008.

Spinner

It was nice hearing your story.
Your voice has changed... or maybe it sounded different because of the cell phone.

Ward

Yesterday.... that song has got to be the most depressing song ever made, Funeral dirges are more uplifting

George Noory loves children's microwaveable snack food items.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 14, 2013, 11:44:59 PM
Great call from the bellgabber. The suspension of disbelief in actors and artists is a very real thing and something I've always thought should be explored as an altered state of consciousness.

I've talked to painters and even a professional clown that makes elaborate balloon animal creations that experience it. It happens to me when I write, I go into a sort of trance and lose all sense of time as the story flows out. When it ends, sometimes 6-8 hours have passed without a single break and I think it's been like 10 minutes and then I sit there and wonder if it was really me that wrote it. It's almost like autopilot. It's very strange, but seems to happen to a majority of fiction writers. Certainly Stephen King, he talks about it all the time.

Anyone here go through that when they create something?

This is what an old teacher used to say was "the work finishing itself".

The General

Quote from: guildnavigator on October 14, 2013, 11:49:32 PM
George Noory loves children's microwaveable snack food items.
ha ha.
what are those chicken nuggets that are in cute shapes n shit...
probably Jorge's favorite

Quote from: The General on October 14, 2013, 11:50:38 PM
ha ha.
what are those chicken nuggets that are in cute shapes n shit...
probably Jorge's favorite

He probably makes dinosaur noises and then dips them into barbecue sauce and bites the heads off.

Falkie2013

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on October 14, 2013, 08:22:40 PM
That was the best phone sound quality I've ever heard on a radio show. You might as well have been in the studio with him.

Sudden thought.
If you're on hold waiting to talk to Art &  have a sudden OBE, which one of you gets on the air ?
;D

Quote from: Chine on October 14, 2013, 11:52:47 PM
My voice has changed since when? It was cracking from nervousness.

You sounded just FINE

Jackstar

Loyd might set fire to people who do not spell his name right.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Agent : Orange on October 14, 2013, 11:50:22 PM
This is what an old teacher used to say was "the work finishing itself".

I guess the writer doesn't spend much on toilet paper.
Either that or he never has to go at all.

Quote from: Jackstar on October 14, 2013, 11:56:12 PM
Loyd might set fire to people who do not spell his name right.

I was making a joke, smarty pants. Never heard of Lloyd's barbecue?

http://www.lloydsbbq.com/

jazmunda

Missed it. Will listen to the replay to hear your call. We are now same show call buddies. ;)

Falkie2013

Quote from: popple on October 14, 2013, 08:44:51 PM
I like to think this forum was a mass consciousness experiment that got Art back on the air 8)

I don't THINK.
I KNOW we got Art back on the air.
Our collective will made it happen, along with all the millions of AB listeners whose spirits were longing once again for that ride that comes out of the desert.
I do keep getting these headaches ... but I suspect its my sinuses acting up again, which started about a week ago. I think I may also have a cold.
Bleah.

Sudden thought.
Just what DOES a tasty Canadian ( or Australian ) taste like ?
And is that eaten raw or cooked ?
Are tasty Canadians organic ?

jazmunda

Quote from: Agent : Orange on October 15, 2013, 12:02:45 AM
Call in! Call in! There's still time!!

They're playing the closing music. Don't want to abuse the privilage.