• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131014 - Loyd Auerbach - Parasychology

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 14, 2013, 07:04:47 PM

Cynnie

Quote from: onan on October 15, 2013, 04:54:52 PM
Yeah lamictal has a pretty good record for bipolar disorder. Some Dr's are starting to use it for depression... stay away from that... studies say ineffective.

Have you asked the parmacist about assistance programs? Many times there are programs to help with costs, trouble is can take more than 6 weeks to get an answer. Also never forget to ask for samples. Don't mean to tell you what you probably already know.

I never see the GlaxoSmithKline rep. But will do some poking tomorrow.

Im a sample asking whore .
He's legally an adult so its on him , but crap ..im his mom ..
And he makes 10 bucks an hour he's never going to be able to afford this .
He just moved to Massachusetts from NC. ..mass has better assistance for poor people so im optimistic 

onan

Quote from: bateman on October 15, 2013, 04:50:42 PM
400 a MONTH?

I have several patients on injections of antipsychotic medications that cost over a $1000,00 a month.

Cynnie

And thank you Onan . The drug companies have us all by the shorthairs and we see nothing wrong with that

b_dubb

General I had a similar experience with weed. Maybe not as severe although I'll concede I was a fiend.  Sounds like we're both better.

Falkie2013

Quote from: MV on October 15, 2013, 01:20:38 PM
man.  that really sucks.  they need to figure out how to ship to canada at a reasonable price, as long as they're going to advertise on art's show which is heard in the usa and... canada.

If you can go across the border and rent a mailbox at a mailbox rental place and have them send it to you there, thus avoiding the fee. It might well be cheaper than the $59. Or a po box which would cost you $ 50 for 6 months, but get the clerk to give you the form which changes your po box address to the physical address of the post office, as I had to do so I can get Ebay & Amazon purchases sent to my house because someone ( probably a customer of the drug dealer we have living on the 3rd floor of my building ) broke into MY mailbox last December.

And to the guy who says we should legalize pot ... I agree with him to a point. I have seen lives destroyed by drugs. I've seen people have their heart valves destroyed by heroin use who can never take even regular drugs again because of it.
We have a drug dealer living upstairs. Its taking forever for housing to evict the sob. Crime in the immediate area has gone up because there's a been non stop stream of people going up to his apartment at all hours. If you ever seen a bunch of people showing up near you and they're all on bicycles and they go into one apartment, its because they've had their licenses suspended or revoked and they ride bicycles to get around. Here they show up on bikes, stress out the tenants with the noise and go across the street to do their drugs.
The " war " on drugs has failed. But the vested interests in this and other countries won't legalize it because they make money on the prohibition.
We need someone in the White House who is not going to bust dispensaries and who will support legalization with treatment for those who are addicted. If all prohibited drugs were legal, the price would drop or you could go get them like one goes and gets methadone, but even that is a joke. Many on methadone go back to heroin and sell their methadone to other addicts.
We didn't learn from the prohibition of alcohol that prohibition of anything never works.
People want their vices, be it booze, drugs or women, which is another prohibition that also needs to be legal, that of prostitution, because all too often those who are not committing criminal acts, other than engaging in prostitution are doing it to support themselves or their families.
All of these prohibitions are also MORAL crimes and have nothing to do with common sense or what is good for society as a whole. The same goes for the prohibitions against gambling and the law against online poker. Eventually the law that banned people from playing it online will be dropped as more and more states are setting up their own in state on line poker areas, as Nevada has done and Pennsylvania, New Jersey and California are about to do. It makes money for the states and would for the Federal government if that prissy Christian Bill Frist hadn't tacked the bill onto a port and security bill before he left the Senate for good.
I used to play online poker and its none of the government's business if I lost $ 20 a month, which is what I used to lose when I first started. I am eventually going to sign up for WPT and play there but our government ( including the NSA which is collecting millions of email and phone contacts from people who are not terrorists or criminals ) needs to stay out of our lives, our privacy ( such as we have left ) and our computers.

steelbot

Quote from: WildCard on October 15, 2013, 02:02:50 PM
I didn't want to derail the thread during last nights program and I LOVE weed. But the recent comments by Graham Hancock are making me reconsider.

"It hit me with the force of a revelation. I could never smoke cannabis again or I would be doomed. I had become a complete slave to my abusive, seductive relationship with the herb, it had exacerbated the worst aspects of my personality, and my only hope was to give it up completely."
http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/HancockG3.php
Would you, and/or anyone else expand on that?
Well I've done my own studies from the time I was 15 thru 26.....and now again at the age of 34-35...and still going, that would go against every official study out there.  I find that Cannabis is the best pharmaceutical supplement I can find for my spinal pain issues.  Its only remotely legal ...in my state... but through my years, I had many jobs that required focus and attention to detail.  I drove a fork lift moving/loading 100k's lbs of tires, and caterpillar equiptment onto flatbeds trailers.  Worked in the elements, and done a lot.  I've never once found that I needed it, nor that I missed it when I've quit.  Only now recently with my medical condition, have I "wanted" it more, but even then - It's not like I'm so addicted to it that I must have it and feel it rules my life.  It rules, my recreation....PS I was a habitual user of about a quarter to 1/2 a week...still am when I can afford it too...but dropped it a month before I joined the Air Force, and never looked back.. Sure I'd joke about can't wait to retire so I can smoke again, but not like it ruled my life.  Again, I'm not out there going nuts to buy it, if i can afford it i get some...other than that...it's whatever.. I've never had the "addictive" personality so to speak that my father and brother have with alcohol for instance.  I think it's genetics if it's gonna effect you in that way.  But some can willpower over their own addictive tenancies.

jazmunda

I'll be late jumping into the stream tonight. I hope Art isn't expecting me to co-host again. ;)

WildCard

Thanks for the input Redacted, BattyBrooke, The General, ziznak, and steelbot.
Quote from: The General on October 15, 2013, 03:52:11 PM
Unfortunately, the entire time I'd been smoking pot and dicking around, everybody else my age had moved forward with their lives and gone off to college, started careers, families, etc.  I had done little more than float through life in a haze and avoid people.  So, not only did pot affect my mental and physical health, it had also negatively impacted my development.  I was an honor student up until I started smoking pot.  After pot, I barely graduated. 
That's my life story.

Jackstar

Quote from: The General on October 15, 2013, 03:52:11 PM
I started smoking pot when I was about 16 or so.

QuoteI had done little more than float through life in a haze and avoid people.

QuotePick it apart if you want, tell me how I'm wrong, but I lived it.

I really appreciate your story. Imagine what education could have done for you! Hint: one is supposed to eat the plant. No one told you that, did they? Go figure.

steelbot

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 15, 2013, 06:08:40 PM
If you can go across the border and rent a mailbox at a mailbox rental place and have them send it to you there, thus avoiding the fee. It might well be cheaper than the $59. Or a po box which would cost you $ 50 for 6 months, but get the clerk to give you the form which changes your po box address to the physical address of the post office, as I had to do so I can get Ebay & Amazon purchases sent to my house because someone ( probably a customer of the drug dealer we have living on the 3rd floor of my building ) broke into MY mailbox last December.

And to the guy who says we should legalize pot ... I agree with him to a point. I have seen lives destroyed by drugs. I've seen people have their heart valves destroyed by heroin use who can never take even regular drugs again because of it.
We have a drug dealer living upstairs. Its taking forever for housing to evict the sob. Crime in the immediate area has gone up because there's a been non stop stream of people going up to his apartment at all hours. If you ever seen a bunch of people showing up near you and they're all on bicycles and they go into one apartment, its because they've had their licenses suspended or revoked and they ride bicycles to get around. Here they show up on bikes, stress out the tenants with the noise and go across the street to do their drugs.
The " war " on drugs has failed. But the vested interests in this and other countries won't legalize it because they make money on the prohibition.
We need someone in the White House who is not going to bust dispensaries and who will support legalization with treatment for those who are addicted. If all prohibited drugs were legal, the price would drop or you could go get them like one goes and gets methadone, but even that is a joke. Many on methadone go back to heroin and sell their methadone to other addicts.
We didn't learn from the prohibition of alcohol that prohibition of anything never works.
People want their vices, be it booze, drugs or women, which is another prohibition that also needs to be legal, that of prostitution, because all too often those who are not committing criminal acts, other than engaging in prostitution are doing it to support themselves or their families.
All of these prohibitions are also MORAL crimes and have nothing to do with common sense or what is good for society as a whole. The same goes for the prohibitions against gambling and the law against online poker. Eventually the law that banned people from playing it online will be dropped as more and more states are setting up their own in state on line poker areas, as Nevada has done and Pennsylvania, New Jersey and California are about to do. It makes money for the states and would for the Federal government if that prissy Christian Bill Frist hadn't tacked the bill onto a port and security bill before he left the Senate for good.
I used to play online poker and its none of the government's business if I lost $ 20 a month, which is what I used to lose when I first started. I am eventually going to sign up for WPT and play there but our government ( including the NSA which is collecting millions of email and phone contacts from people who are not terrorists or criminals ) needs to stay out of our lives, our privacy ( such as we have left ) and our computers.

I think that those are the sort of drugs that aren't the good kind?  I mean I am for legalization to a degree, but what are the real medical benefits of heroin or crack cocaine?  I don't think they should be legalized, but marijuana shouldn't be lumped together with them in the same class is all I'm getting at.  It should be treated as alcohol, no more no less.

b_dubb

Quote from: Jackstar on October 15, 2013, 08:45:51 PM
I really appreciate your story. Imagine what education could have done for you! Hint: one is supposed to eat the plant. No one told you that, did they? Go figure.
Pot Butter rules

Chine

I'll be interviewing Loyd Auerbach in an article of mine. I'll also be including Art's return and Bellgab. MV, sent you a PM, if it's okay to include your name and have you in it. This is a local online magazine which I write for. Film reviews, art exhibits, etc and actually I can write on anything. So, I'm including more on 'metaphysical' topics and the like. I also tweet and share a lot. Many in film, etc, including Magnolia Pictures, directors, film festivals, etc. follow my work. Also those I worked with in Nyc, LA, Vegas in the industry. So, it gets lots of coverage, views.

It's a fun laid back piece. But, as Bellgab is a forum I love to be a part of, I'm including it as well. When it's published, I'll post it here.

widespread1

Quote from: Chine on October 18, 2013, 01:36:58 PM
I'll be interviewing Loyd Auerbach in an article of mine. I'll also be including Art's return and Bellgab. MV, sent you a PM, if it's okay to include your name and have you in it. This is a local online magazine which I write for. Film reviews, art exhibits, etc and actually I can write on anything. So, I'm including more on 'metaphysical' topics and the like. I also tweet and share a lot. Many in film, etc, including Magnolia Pictures, directors, film festivals, etc. follow my work. Also those I worked with in Nyc, LA, Vegas in the industry. So, it gets lots of coverage, views.

It's a fun laid back piece. But, as Bellgab is a forum I love to be a part of, I'm including it as well. When it's published, I'll post it here.
Sweet!

Chine

It will be published in time for or just before Halloween. Will post here and on Art Bell thread.

onan

Quote from: Chine on October 18, 2013, 06:43:24 PM
It will be published in time for or just before Halloween. Will post here and on Art Bell thread.

I look forward to reading it.

Quote from: Chine on October 18, 2013, 01:36:58 PM

Can you put up a link to the magazine?

Chine

Sure. Since moving here, I've been interviewed on my work. Then began writing here for two publications. The interview with Auerbach one will be on Sarasota Day. It should be out just before Halloween. I'm wrappung it up.

I am now going to contribute on more topics in the metaphysical. (the whole enchilada).

Here is a review I wrote on Blackfish. It's now a lead contender for an Oscar nom in Best Documentary. In it, I interviewed my friend Samantha Berg. She's a former Sea World trainer who appears in the film.

Btw. George Knapp had her as a guest on C2C ...two or three months ago discussing the film.

http://sarasotaday.com/blog_view.cfm?BlogID=666

ChewMouse

Quote from: Chine on October 22, 2013, 08:06:14 PM
Here is a review I wrote on Blackfish.

Wow. Very good article and the interview with Samantha was excellent. I ended up following the links and reading way more than I intended.

I must say: I won't be seeing that movie. Your article was quite enough for me, I get it, and I don't think I could bear watching what you described. I find myself tense with rage here. I have always objected to wild animals in captivity; making them perform makes me sick.

I'm sure your article will touch many as it did me.

Chine

Thank you. Yes, it's a difficult film as was The Cove. As I mentioned in my article, I usually steer clear as an animal lover, animals a huge part of my life and as one active in rescue, helping how I can. Far too many heartbreaking battles in our world today. But, being passive was not an option and lended my voice. It's been out since early last year at Sundance. Since it went nationwide, the film has received the best in coverage, reviews, media. In fact, after Pixar executives saw it, they chose to rewrite the ending of the Finding Nemo sequel. Many, many changes have occurred since the film opened. Including anti captivity laws passed. When I saw it at the festival, it crushed me. Haunted by some scenes. It took months to write the words. But, I refused to give up on it.

On Loyd Auerbach, there is such a wealth of material to ask and cover. As in Art's interview, absolutely fascinating. I personally hope Art has him back on. Just the topic of Soviet PSI work alone. Maybe when that book is published, he'll be back.

steelbot

Quote from: Chine on October 22, 2013, 08:06:14 PM
Sure. Since moving here, I've been interviewed on my work. Then began writing here for two publications. The interview with Auerbach one will be on Sarasota Day. It should be out just before Halloween. I'm wrappung it up.

I am now going to contribute on more topics in the metaphysical. (the whole enchilada).
Here is a review I wrote on Blackfish. It's now a lead contender for an Oscar nom in Best Documentary. In it, I interviewed my friend Samantha Berg. She's a former Sea World trainer who appears in the film.
Btw. George Knapp had her as a guest on C2C ...two or three months ago discussing the film.
http://sarasotaday.com/blog_view.cfm?BlogID=666
I didn't read the article yet just saw the Blackfish story on another site a while ago, but if this is about the captivity of the Orcas,  I know there was issues with the way they were treated, and how their treatment possibly leads to a lot of injurys and deaths in the theme parks.  I'll get to it Chine!  And good luck on the articles!  Looking forward to them

Chine

Yes, specifically Sea World. It focuses on Tilikum and deaths resulting from his captivity. Specifically, the death of former Sea World senior trainer Dawn Brancheau in 2010. I have a link to the trailer in the article and you can easily find it on YouTube.

I just got an email back from Auerbach just now. Mentioned Bellgab and he needs to come back to DM in the future.

Oh, and my husband loved your Dueling Thors! We were talking about it tonight.

steelbot

Quote from: Chine on October 22, 2013, 09:51:35 PM
Yes, specifically Sea World. It focuses on Tilikum and deaths resulting from his captivity. Specifically, the death of former Sea World senior trainer Dawn Brancheau in 2010. I have a link to the trailer in the article and you can easily find it on YouTube.

I just got an email back from Auerbach just now. Mentioned Bellgab and he needs to come back to DM in the future.

Oh, and my husband loved your Dueling Thors! We were talking about it tonight.
LOL - the dueling Thors thing has cracked up a bunch of my IRL friends too - they keep asking me to do more of them, but I told em I gotta focus on school a little more.  That's the reason I'm quite delayed tonight in chatting here, cause I have to do the exact same thing on the Online School forums, so I'm picking on the students there  :P  I do need to come up with a new one though!  Thats cool about Auerbach though, can't wait! Yeah I read an article about the death of Dawn a while ago...tragic stuff!

ziznak

One of the most disturbing things in Black Fish, for me, was how Tilikum has been used to breed a lot of orcas that have been born in these "parks."  If he eventually snapped and killed a couple trainers then wouldn't it make sense that his children would also follow suit? 

steelbot

Quote from: ziznak on October 23, 2013, 01:07:25 AM
One of the most disturbing things in Black Fish, for me, was how Tilikum has been used to breed a lot of orcas that have been born in these "parks."  If he eventually snapped and killed a couple trainers then wouldn't it make sense that his children would also follow suit?
if you had the entire pacific/atlantic ocean to wander around as your yard/home...and then were put into what is essentially a cup of water...you'd snap too probably!