• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150907 – Daivd Paulides - Strange Disappearances - Live Chat Thread

Started by AppealPlay, September 07, 2015, 10:00:46 PM

AppealPlay

Quote from: norland2424 on September 08, 2015, 12:05:07 AM
i might as well go camping like this

That's from Commando, I think.  That is another example of a great bad movie.

ArJuna

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on September 08, 2015, 12:05:26 AM
Part of the point about 'explanations' and 'theories', I think, is the huge diversity of the cases. Bigfoot might work for a handful of cases, but there are hundreds of other cases to which that would make no sense as an explanation. And I think that applies right across the board. No matter which theory you apply, it is only going to fit some of the cases.

I really hope Art gets him on to the urban stuff in this last hour.

I'll Wormhole that request to him.

jazmunda

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 08, 2015, 12:05:44 AM
Yeah and he also refused to provide his personal ideas (which I understand, of course).  It helps make his story more spooky, I guess.

I think he does it so that he isn't ostracized by new victims families for being the crackpot that believes that the boogey man took their kid.

It also makes the story more mysterious. I get that too.

AppealPlay

Urban disappearances?  I wonder if he'll mention the alleged Smiley Face Killings?

AppealPlay

Quote from: Rocky4228 on September 08, 2015, 12:09:07 AM
Ian Punnett's Smiley Face Killer!

Hah!  That's where I first heard the theory!  I'd love to see Ian Punnett host the weekend show but I don't know how his tinnitus is doing.

Ned529

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 07, 2015, 11:51:31 PM
Yeah, the creepiness factor is working for me.
this idea of stairs reminds me of house of leaves type territory.

ziznak

pretty much the same info from the knapp show... a few tales that maybe he hasn't recently mentioned.  Even the "first in line last in line" thing was mentioned on knapps show. 

he was also very sure that two years from now he will personally think it's something else.

he's found a way to write books forever

Bradsmith313

Quote from: maren on September 08, 2015, 12:03:22 AM
He's not all that consistent.  He forgets sometimes and is reminded and comes right out and says "I forgot -- don't remember that." 

The government (or whoever) was who tried to discredit him -- and understandable, IMO.  He was essentially -- if not a whistleblower, at least a blabbermouth. 

I like the guy and believe him.
I believed his story. For a long time, I really felt he was telling the truth. However, over the years, and dealing with so many others who've made wild claims and said that their records have been altered by the government . . . . No. My instincts tell me no. I just don't buy it.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 08, 2015, 12:09:37 AM
Now THIS is a guy I want Art to do a show on. Could you get on it, Redacted?

I also would love a show on this....

littlechris

Paulides is BIG into bigfoot,as he has written books on the subject. But never attributes any of the missing cases to Sasquatch. Yes, I believe he is holding back on his opinion as to who/what is at fault for all these disappearances.

Juan Cena

Quote from: QuantumMystics on September 07, 2015, 11:59:18 PM
Yep probably so....with all those parks, one wonders how those at the well known Bohemian Grove ever find other places to carry out their events in total secrecy?

Buying up national parks if and when the GOP manages to find a way to sell them.

RoseGirl

I wonder what the Native communities have to say about this kind of thing?

AppealPlay

Quote from: PrairieGhost on September 08, 2015, 12:12:20 AM
I also would love a show on this....

A show on hermits in general would be fun.  Michael Finkel wrote an article in GQ about the hermit in Maine that burglarized homes and businesses for 20+ years while living in the woods.  He would be a good interview.

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 08, 2015, 12:13:34 AM
A show on hermits in general would be fun.  Michael Finkel wrote an article in GQ about the hermit in Maine that burglarized homes and businesses for 20+ years while living in the woods.  He would be a good interview.

Seconded.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: jazmunda on September 08, 2015, 12:08:42 AM
I think he does it so that he isn't ostracized by new victims families for being the crackpot that believes that the boogey man took their kid.

It also makes the story more mysterious. I get that too.

If my kid was missing and all other resources had been exhausted, I'd listen to anything anyone had to say.

Also, the SAR conference he said he spoke at was discussed here by an attendee.  If I can find his take on Paulides' pitch, I'll post it.

AppealPlay

I'm calling bullshit on that story about a congressman...

Unless there's some compelling reason to deny the requests (maybe a murder investigation or some such?) I can't imagine why they wouldn't release it.  Especially if a congressman got involved.

starrmtn001

Quote from: RoseGirl on September 08, 2015, 12:13:22 AM
I wonder what the Native communities have to say about this kind of thing?
Excellent question RoseGirl.  It would be good if Art had one of their community leaders on as a guest, sometime, to speak on this.

RoseGirl

sounds like the military may think it is a national security risk or something