• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Will you ever understand the greatness of George Noory?

Started by ericdxx, October 15, 2012, 03:57:30 PM

Where IS your credibility?

in your sock drawer
0 (0%)
in your rape and tourture section of the basement
6 (18.2%)
out back with the bodies
11 (33.3%)
in a safe deposit box
7 (21.2%)
up my ass and to the left
9 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 33

ericdxx

I appreciate the superiority of Art Bell as much as the person next to me.

But I also know history. I have heard of John Nebel. 

I realize that there are things that George Noory does better than Art Bell. Noory does the rare emotional show.  He lets the humanity through. George Noory has the economics on the show in a way Art Bell never did. 

Night Terrors & Caller Regrets
01-14-11
QuoteThe remainder of the show featured Open Lines, with a special emphasis on callers' regrets. Susan in Pahrump, Nevada, said her biggest regret happened in the 1985, when she fell on some tough times and asked her ex-husband to watch over their two sons for the summer. According to Susan, her ex took off with the boys and she didn't get to see them again until 1999. Now adults with their own families, Susan has since been reunited with her children. Bob from Ormond Beach, Florida, told George he regretted killing a squirrel with a rock when he was eight years old. "To this day, 53 years old, it still haunts me," he lamented.

Metaphysical Journey
07-08-11
In the first half of the program, Dr. Gregg Korbon shared the story of how his 9 year old son, Brian, predicted his own death with remarkable and chilling accuracy. Korbon explained that, right before his ninth birthday, Brian told his parents that he "wouldn't make it to double digits." Over time, his son grew despondent and had trouble sleeping as he was "absolutely certain that he was going to die." Despite enrolling him in counseling and seeking advice from his school and the family's church, Korbon said that Brian's belief in his impending demise was unwavering.

Korbon recalled how, as his death got closer, Brian began "tying up loose ends," unbeknownst to his parents. He declared that it was "time for his party" and requested a small gathering to be attended by a handful of friends, where he said goodbye to them. Additionally, he purchased gifts, in advance, for his parents, wrote letters to his grandparents, and even made peace with the bullies that he'd encountered at school. The day he died, Brian played in a baseball game and, on the way there, told his father that he desperately wanted to score a run that day. During the game, Brian got to first base via a walk and was driven in by the subsequent batter. After racing around the bases and scoring the run, he gave his father a thumbs up, ran to the dugout to celebrate with his teammates, sat down on the bench, and suffered a heart arrhythmia, dying instantly.

Following the events of that tragic day, Korbon revealed, his belief system was forever altered as he struggled with the knowledge that Brian had actually predicted his own death.

As a sidenote: Noory doesn't say "Well" and "In other words" 50 times an hour. 

ziznak

credibility? whats that got to do with anything?  I sed "uh oh" cause of the impending shit storm in regards to your initial posting...

just an observation not a criticism... you can put your internet penis back in your pants now pleeeze.

ChewMouse

Quote from: ericdxx on October 15, 2012, 04:03:25 PM
I've been here longer than you. Where is your credibility?
That's the stupidest comment I have ever seen on CoastGab.

And you've made the same arguments about the same two shows in posts dated 7/12/2011 and 1/11/2012. So we'll see you in April of next year.

I will admit George Noory is a pioneer in the field of unintentional comedy.

Eddie Coyle

You smokem too much off peace pipe, Tonto.

Though I defer to your seniority in the tribe, Chief.

McPhallus

Age is no indication of virtue, my friend.

I don't even know what this means - does it mean George Noory somehow doesn't suck if someone that's been on a forum awhile says so?

Morgus

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 15, 2012, 06:19:21 PM

I don't even know what this means - does it mean George Noory somehow doesn't suck if someone that's been on a forum awhile says so?
Thats Tommy's logic...  8)

Eddie Coyle

Yes. But I'm a lobe injury away from truly understanding Noory's greatness. I'm going to get myself hit by a bus today so I can really appreciate his genius.

eddie dean

"I've been here longer than you"

That is one of the best non-comebacks, trying to be a put-down, retort I've ever heard!!!
Is your last name Noory? I don't mean Geroge. Perhaps it is Fred Noory, or Bill Noory? Not a Noory? Well if you check your family tree, there has got to be a Noory in there somewhere. 

HAL 9000

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 16, 2012, 12:42:33 AMYes. But I'm a lobe injury away from truly understanding Noory's greatness. I'm going to get myself hit by a bus today so I can really appreciate his genius.

Eddie Coyle Gets His Wish

:'(

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on October 15, 2012, 05:49:58 PM

You smokem too much off peace pipe, Tonto.

Though I defer to your seniority in the tribe, Chief.

That's not Tonto.  It's Red Elk.

onan

I am gonna pass on the "dog-pile-on-the-stupid-statement" and simply point out the obvious.

Noory is great at being lucky. He has less talent than is needed to do the job he has. Inertia is what it is.

Herpes can slow the progression of HIV infection. I would not call herpes great.

Sardondi

Quote from: onan on October 16, 2012, 07:35:20 AM
...Inertia is what it is....

This entire Compendium, boiled down to its essence. This completely explains The Greatness Of George Noory. Well done, onan.

Tara

Quote from: ericdxx on October 15, 2012, 03:57:30 PM
Noory does the rare emotional show.  He lets the humanity through. George Noory has the economics on the show in a way Art Bell never did. 
ericdxx:

You personify the audience to which C2C is now aimed:  the "I feel your pain", come let's commiserate together, the let's share our feelings crowd.  THAT'S NOT WHAT C2C EVER WAS AND NEVER SHOULD BE.  It's like someone calls a sports radio program and relates how traumatic it was to be cut from the H.S. football team.  Boo Hoo

If you need to hear emotions shared with strangers listen to Dr. Phil, Oprah repeats, or some call-in show hosted by a psychologist.  I do not want touchy-feely C2C.

The General

Quote from: ericdxx on July 12, 2011, 02:33:18 PM
I agree with most of your talking points here but I have to defend Noory a little bit. There is the occasional show where he pulls off something that even Art Bell couldn't do. First hour of July 8 was one of those emotional shows when he interviewed the father of a boy who died at age 9. Noory does the interview with no showmanship (Art Bell), Noory just goes along with the story. January 14, Callers regrets was another one of those compassionate shows. I think they're great.
Quote from: ericdxx on January 11, 2012, 02:37:58 PM
I applaud George Noory. Art Bell never did emotional shows like these:

01-14-11 Night Terrors & Caller Regrets

07-08-11 9 year old son, Brian, predicted his own death with remarkable and chilling accuracy

(if he did please tell me what shows)

I realize that there are things that George Noory does better than Art Bell. Noory does the rare emotional show.  He lets the humanity through. George Noory has the economics on the show in a way Art Bell never did. 

01-14-11

Metaphysical Journey
07-08-11
Three of the 19 total posts you've made make the same point. 
I've been here two months longer than you, and have made 1097 more posts than you.
Obviously, that gives me more credibility.

Art was before George.  By your logic alone, that makes him better.
George Noory sucks. 

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: HAL 9000 on October 16, 2012, 03:09:39 AM
Eddie Coyle Gets His Wish

:'(

I may need a bigger truck to sustain the sufficient brain damage needed to enjoy Noory's broadcasts.

Lunger

01-14-11

Metaphysical Journey
07-08-11

You are overlooking one fact:

Noory is a fucking idiot.  He's got the intellectual depth of a 8-year old and the sincerity of a corpse.

I have been here longer then so, so kiss off!

ACE of CLUBS

ericdxx ........ how did you ever come up with such an 'indepth' initial post? Your subsequent posts are enlightening also.
Perhaps you are in possession of the George Noory que-cards?

Juan

I think Art's shows on 9/11/2001 and the days following, in which he canceled all guests and took phone calls, was some of the most emotional programming I've ever heard.  Art used his great interviewing style to draw the deep emotions from the callers.

Doomed

Art Bell had cats. Anyone remember a bird named Tower? Hey, the guy liked critters, and he told us so. And he cared about people.
At least Mike Siegal actually had a cat. The best noory could do was aquire a dog and then dump it on someone to look after. Or so he says...
Hows that for touchy feely??

Quote from: Doomed on October 22, 2012, 03:02:49 AM
Art Bell had cats. Anyone remember a bird named Tower? Hey, the guy liked critters, and he told us so. And he cared about people.
At least Mike Siegal actually had a cat. The best noory could do was aquire a dog and then dump it on someone to look after. Or so he says...
Hows that for touchy feely??

Don't forget his fond remembrences of his horse farm.

Didn't George say something about keeping Casey the dog in a kennel either when he was away to St Louis, or maybe it was the other way around - kenneling it when he went to LA?

He's such an idiot he didn't realize people would be upset by someone keeping a dog in a kennel that often for that length of time.

Pretty sure it was an imaginary dog anyway, one that was still too much of an effort for him to keep up with, so he had to find an imaginary friend to dump the dog on.

Sardondi

Quote from: Paper*Boy on October 22, 2012, 04:57:44 AM

Don't forget his fond remembrences of his horse farm.

Didn't George say something about keeping Casey the dog in a kennel either when he was away to St Louis, or maybe it was the other way around - kenneling it when he went to LA?

He's such an idiot he didn't realize people would be upset by someone keeping a dog in a kennel that often for that length of time.

Pretty sure it was an imaginary dog anyway, one that was still too much of an effort for him to keep up with, so he had to find an imaginary friend to dump the dog on.

George might be a high-functioning Asperger's. This idea is not original with me, although I've forgotten what Gabber first expressed this thought. Funny how we keep coming back around to some kind of pathology which prevents George from having recognizable human feelings.