• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

ShayP

Yep.  This guest is making this hermit into an icon.  Pathetic.

ShayP

This "hermit" knew his surroundings.  He knew well enough to know where the homes were where he could steal what he needed.  Again...no sympathy for the guy.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on May 01, 2017, 01:41:16 AM
Hmmm.  I can appreciate that.  In fact it seems a very centered view in a way.  I am curious of the not wanting to speak again however. You have children and from my perspective are very accomplished.  Me? Well.  It's just me.  I should have your philosophy. Anyhoo... I apologize for continuing this conversation when we really should be focused on Knapp.  My favorite thing in these forums is how we have an interest on a topic but yet start a conversation about something else.  I do love communication though.  Connecting with people can be rewarding.

Anytime Shay. Whatever we are, wherever we have come from, somehow we need to find a way to get comfortable with what is inside of our skin. sometimes I feel very centered. Sometimes I don't. But for me it is easier to be by myself. I do go out of my comfort zone for my kids.

TigerLily

What? No insomniacs here

GravitySucks

I just remembered a book that I had read as a teen that I really enjoyed. About a boy that runs away and lives by himseof in upstate NY.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Side_of_the_Mountain

TigerLily

Quote from: ShayP on May 01, 2017, 01:44:01 AM
Ahhhh.  Hahahahah!  Yes.  I play with my tablet too.  *nudge nudge* *wink wink*  Yeah.  Ohhhh, and fiddle...right?...fiddle with my "smart phone."  Oh zeebo! I can read between the lines.  ;D

You don't need the grid for that

WOTR

Quote from: TigerLily on May 01, 2017, 01:50:18 AM
What? No insomniacs here
Now that was kind of funny.  I'm actually feeling like I might be able to sleep... Not tired yet- but I'll make an honest attempt.  'night all.

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on May 01, 2017, 01:53:14 AM
You don't need the grid for that

As long as you have weak-assed Mexican internet 😎

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 01, 2017, 01:48:08 AM
Anytime Shay. Whatever we are, wherever we have come from, somehow we need to find a way to get comfortable with what is inside of our skin. sometimes I feel very centered. Sometimes I don't. But for me it is easier to be by myself. I do go out of my comfort zone for my kids.

Cheers my brother.   ;)

Dr. MD MD

I don't think we're getting the whole story here. The real reason Chris Knight disappeared into the woods of Maine was to become superhero Knightwalker, a sort of bizarro universe batman without all the wealth and infrastructure, only his determination, self-reliance, intellectual prowess and genius for investigation to get by. Using only what nature provides and what he could steal he brought down some of the biggest organized crime syndicates in Maine. That's why the cops don't want the real story told. They're too embarrassed.  ;)

ShayP

LOL! at the guest saying the hermit was strong as an ox.  The dude is a stick. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: WOTR on May 01, 2017, 01:54:28 AM
Now that was kind of funny.  I'm actually feeling like I might be able to sleep... Not tired yet- but I'll make an honest attempt.  'night all.

Night hoser

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 01, 2017, 01:57:56 AM
I don't think we're getting the whole story here. The real reason Chris Knight disappeared into the woods of Maine was to become superhero Knightwalker, a sort of bizarro universe batman without all the wealth and infrastructure, only his determination, self-reliance, intellectual prowess and genius for investigation. Using only what nature provides and what he could steal he brought down some of the biggest organized crime syndicates in Maine. That's why the cops don't want the real story told. They're too embarrassed.  ;)

How do you always find the truth?  I'm impressed.

TigerLily

GravitySucks

I think the guy is lucky he walked south after getting out of his car. If he had been in northern Maine I don't think he would have survived. Less stuff to steal and much, much colder.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 01, 2017, 02:02:02 AM
I think the guy is lucky he walked south after getting out of his car. If he had been in northern Maine I don't think he woukd have survived. Less stuff to steal and much, much colder.

I think the guy knew where he wanted to go.  I believe he knew what he was going to do and wanted to be in familiar surroundings.  I read that he drove south to Florida and then back; not knowing where else to go. He wanted to be in familiar territory to live out his delusion.

ShayP

Knapp knows his bumper music.  8)  I love me some Three Dog Night.  :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on May 01, 2017, 02:05:35 AM
I think the guy knew where he wanted to go.  I believe he knew what he was going to do and wanted to be in familiar surroundings.  I read that he drove south to Florida and then back; not knowing where else to go. He wanted to be in familiar territory to live out his delusion.

I think I read he ended up about 30 miles from where he grew up but didn't really know where he was. Probably just saw landscape, terrain and woods that looked kind of familiar.

I bet he stole a lot of bug spray. I used to backpack by myself in Vermont. The deer flies and mosquitoes are worse at times than I get in Texas. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on May 01, 2017, 02:07:12 AM
Knapp knows his bumper music.  8)  I love me some Three Dog Night.  :)

Did you know that song was written by Harry Nilsson and the tone on the organ is based on the busy signal he kept getting on the phone when trying to call a friend.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haT8g7oKnns

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on May 01, 2017, 02:10:32 AM
Did you know that song was written by Harry Nilsson and the tone on the organ is based on the busy signal he kept getting on the phone when trying to call a friend.  ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haT8g7oKnns

I actually did know that since some of my coworkers were insufferable Nilsson fans.   :P   Honestly, I don't like him.  Plus he let John Lennon ruin his voice with those dumb screaming sessions.  ::)  Also he was lucky to purchase a hit song from Badfinger.  Screw Apple music.

ShayP

I'm loving (not really) how this guy is making the hermit seem like a hero of sorts.

ShayP

I want to know the monetary value of his thefts.  And I have yet to here what his sentence was.  if I missed it, please tell me.

zeebo

I was wondering how he passed the time - guess he read alot of books.  Stole alot of them though.  Now you could put a thousand books on a Kindle, hook up a solar recharger and read for a couple decades.  ::)

ShayP

If some of these homes were vacation homes, I wouldn't doubt that he staid there for months and left leaving everything as it was.  Just saying...

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on May 01, 2017, 02:16:44 AM
I want to know the monetary value of his thefts.  And I have yet to here what his sentence was.  if I missed it, please tell me.

That article had it. I think it was like 6 months but he got credit for time served before trial. $1500 restitution, court ordered mental health counseling and 3 years probation. Once the trial was ove I think he only had to serve a week or so.

yumyumtree

Finkel says Knight spent hours casing cabins to steal from, yet moments earlier he said that he stayed in his own dwelling nearly all the time and thats why animals didn't get into his food.

I also wonder if his family reported him missing, or if they  knew where he was.

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 01, 2017, 02:20:40 AM
That article had it. I think it was like 6 months but he got credit for time served before trial. $1500 restitution, court ordered mental health counseling and 3 years probation. Once the trial was ove I think he only had to serve a week or so.

Soooo he's out now?

ShayP

At the end of the day...he could've just come home. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: ShayP on May 01, 2017, 02:22:11 AM
Soooo he's out now?

Yep. I think his probation is over too.

Oops. Not yet. He got 7 months jail, then 17 months mental health stuff and now on probation.

http://www.centralmaine.com/2015/03/23/north-pond-hermit-completes-specialty-court-program/